DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Also - apparently all 3 strikes that feature the Cabal have been added to the Ordeal rotation (they removed 3 of the ones from Season 8 but didn't say which 3)

So hope you like The Arms Dealer, Tree of Probabilities and Insight Terminus

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Dawning weapon is a SMG - so again let's keep adding weapons to weapon types that I don't really need

Yeah, I have an absurd number of machine guns and SMGs right now, but they are amongst the most effective weapons in my arsenal.

I got the Tangled Shore Resonator up to 1 today and got my Steelfeather Repeater auto rifle from a bounty.  It has a very solid Ambitious Assassin / Multi-Kill Clip roll for PvE so I will probably toss Overload Rounds on it and keep it for Sundial / Ordeal Nightmare stuff.

Assholes in Thieves Landing FINALLY helped get the PE to Heroic so they could camp the extra captains for the Leaderless, They Fall bounty from the Resonator.

Didn't get a chance to hit the Crucible today and pop more people in the head with my Arbalest..  Went to visit my dad and then straight from there to work.  I'll harass people tomorrow morning after I eat breakfast.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - apparently all 3 strikes that feature the Cabal have been added to the Ordeal rotation (they removed 3 of the ones from Season 8 but didn't say which 3)

So hope you like The Arms Dealer, Tree of Probabilities and Insight Terminus

Not surprised since the Red Legion figure heavy into this season's metaplot.  It might be awesome if the Flayers that are fucking with the Sundial somehow manage to free Valus Thuun from the Infinite Forest and he shows up later in a Raid or endgame Sundial content.

Edited by J.T.

For the Buzzard last night. Haven't tried it out yet since the only thing I've done today is a couple of Survival matches. My team mates sucked in that first match. I was the only guy with a decent score. Did way better in the second. Probably could beaten the team we faced 4-1 had the best player not been sleeping or doing whatever the fuck she/he were during the first game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

For the Buzzard last night. Haven't tried it out yet since the only thing I've done today is a couple of Survival matches. My team mates sucked in that first match. I was the only guy with a decent score.

Did way better in the second. Probably could beaten the team we faced 4-1 had the best player not been sleeping or doing whatever the fuck she/he were during the first game.

I had quite a few matches in the previous season where I was the 100% sweat on a team full of idiots.  

I can't even begin to count how many times last season where I had to clutch a match deciding round either LGS solo or as the LGS where my team gets wiped in the final push. 

I got seven Undertaker medals in Survivor Freelance last season for getting all of the final KOs in a round on the other team by myself..  I used every Tracker Bait trick I knew.

I still have no idea how you could be AFK in the Crucible queue.  Just go to orbit and do whatever you need to do in real life and get back into the queue later.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I think I'm about halfway done with the Buzzard VRW quest. 

I was thinking about grinding strikes to the bitter end over the weekend with the Saint XIV sidearm I have, but today is my daughter's 17th birthday so we will try to celebrate on Sunday since I have to work on Saturday.  

I'll take a day or two off during the Christmas holiday to grind Dawn content and get catch up a little.

I need to make more Glimmer so that I can keep infusing.  Shit is dropping for me at 967-960 now.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and the Lord of Wolves catalyst dropped for me while I was running PEs on the Tangled Shore.

That's two catalysts I need to grind now including the Black Talon, so I poofed them out of my Collections and put them in my Vault until I can get suitable infusion fodder for them..  

LoW also has a slot for an ornament, but I haven't seen it yet.

Edited by J.T.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I wish I got the LOW catalyst because I think thats gonna be my shotgun to use in Gambit for all this Shotgun killing I have to do

Mindbender's Ambition or Last Man Standing can also get it done depending on the roll.  My LMS has Grave Robber / One Two Punch so I'll use it while running Arc Strider and buff my Melee ability and Super so that I can melt Large Blockers and Primevals in no time flat.

The other reason to roll with the LMS is that I can use Malfeasance as my Primary.  I like to run Sentry in GP and the Mal helps me with putting down invaders as well as clearing Blockers and Envoys..

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

LoW also has a slot for an ornament, but I haven't seen it yet.

It looks decent from what I recall. I think i have it. I need to check again later tonight.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God I wish I got the LOW catalyst because I think thats gonna be my shotgun to use in Gambit for all this Shotgun killing I have to do

I feel dumb for not thinking of that. I can use a Parcel of Stardust/LoW combo in Gambit to speed that along and grind the catalyst.

You can conceivably go triple shotgun, but I am not sure if that's tactically wise.

And I'm kinda pissed off at the game right now.  I was in a Clash match earlier today where I know I got at least ten Arbalest kills with half being headshots, but nothing in the match counted towards any of my bounties.  Not even the 20 Kills ./  2.12 ER or the win.

Of course, the next match I was in was a loss so I rage quit and went into work early.

35 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is odd. You should send a complaint to Bungie.

I'm not sure they can do much about it if it is network related.  I'm not so much annoyed by the K/D as much as I am about not getting LFR credit for the Komdo RWQ and the win not counting towards my Crucible seasonal cosmetic quest.

I'm going to wait and log on when I get home tonight from work to see if possibly there is an update delay.  If I don't see what I want to see, then I will e-mail Bungie to complain and post a screenshot of the match results.

Edited by J.T.

I got my Buzzard over the weekend and also am off to the races for the Python.  I know I will eventually knock out the Komodo quest if I just keep grinding.  I got three LFR killshots in a match on Sunday that actually won the game for my team.  I was pretty happy about it because I played like shit for most of the contest. 

I picked just the right time to get hot and go on a Ruthless run and I am fairly certain that someone reported me because I got a pretty nasty PM about how I was lag switching to get those last kills.

I also did the quest for the Perfect Paradox and got a pretty average shotgun roll.  If I'd had gotten a better roll, I'd have rolled with it and Symmetry in the Crucible after my journey through Arbalest sadness had ended but for now, the PP will sit in my vault.

I've got the TS and Mars resonators up to Level 4, so I have access to two out of the three Timelost weapon quests at each station.  I need to throw bits into the Mars resonator so I can have at that sweet looking Saint XIV scout rifle.

I am thinking I need to ditch a set of armor that has Undying mod slots in favor of an armor set that has Dawn mod slots.   My Dreambane armor should be good enough for Nightmare Hunts, Altar of Sorrow, and hopefully a Pit of Heresy / Xenophage run really soon.

I really should pay attention to the mod set up for this season's Vanguard armor.  If the Vigil set has Dawn mod slots (probably does), I'll start converting it so that I have two sets of Dawn mod armor.  My Righteous seasonal armor will have Void artifact mods and I'll chunk Solar mods on the Vanguard armor. 

I won't need a full set of Vigil; only the gloves, boots and chest armor.  I sport my Reverie Dawn Cloak and my Assassin's Cowl with that armor set and I'll probably toss the On The Offense ornaments on the Vigil set so that it does not lock as ugly as the base skin.

All purple armor for me drops around 958 - 960 so there shouldn't be a need for me to infuse anything, but I will need materials to upgrade the armor to unlock mod slots.

I'm keeping last season's armor as my PvP gear since I am fond of the ghillie suit look and it looks good with my Foetracer.

Furthermore, I have suffered in your stead to give you information.  This season's Gambit Ritual's triumph has fucked up verbiage just like the one a few seasons ago.  Either that or it's bugged.  It says that you need to do three of Drifter's weekly bounties in addition to getting three ranks of Infamy.  Well, I did three of Drifter's weekly bounties through about eight matches of GP and got nada progress.

So, obviously the devs want business to pick up in the Reckoning because I'll hazard a guess that the "weekly bounties" that need to be done are the ones for the GP armor helmets.  I've got half of the Sentry helmet bounty done and I will let you guys know what's what after I (hopefully) survive to make 4 runs in The Reckoning without turning to alcoholism.

Edited by J.T.

And yep,  I got the first part of the Crucible seasonal cosmetic quest done before the others.  I need 43% more enemy player kills and five multi kills to get the emblem.

I think I need one or two more Ordeal Nightfalls to finish the shader part of the Vanguard quest and I need to reach Heroic infamy for the Gambit shader.  I think that successful Reckoning runs add to your Infamy score, so that may make chasing this stupid Sentry GP bounty not quite as painful.

I still have been bouncing around from quest to quest

So I am like 75% on most of the quests

Been trying to work on the Glory rank because of course when is the one time when my internet craps out - during a Comp match

The biggest grind will be the Infamy grind just because it is so slow compared to everything else.

The shotgun kills don't worry me but really to make any progress you need to have at least like a 3 match win streak

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The biggest grind will be the Infamy grind just because it is so slow compared to everything else.

The shotgun kills don't worry me but really to make any progress you need to have at least like a 3 match win streak

I'm also not worried about shotgun kills because I use a LMS as my Blocker Buster anyway.

Not really worried about Infamy either.   I just do as many of Drifter's Civic Duty bounties as I can in the course of doing other shit.  

Gambit is the one game mode where you can easily get Drifter's vendor reward and or earn a little Infamy rank without even having to play a single match.

I usually grab Drifer's Invader CD bounty because I know I'm going to play PvP because I need LFR kills so I may as well get a small Infamy bump while I'm at it.  If I collect five synths, I can exchange the stack for a little Glimmer at Drifter's vendor station. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hey look - there is the Lord of Wolves catalyst

And before I finished the shotgun quests too!

The catalyst only makes it slightly less douchier than the original broken version.

And yes, I have seen the weapon ornament and it is tremendous.  I'll have to remember not to burn up all of my Bright Dust on Refined Matterglass so that I can buy an ornament or two.

I'm really tired of the YOU HAVE TOO MUCH BRIGHT DUST beacon shining over Eververse every time I go to the tower.

Edited by J.T.

Not sure which, but I finished up at least one or two of the cosmetic/banner quests. I think one is Crucible for sure. Not sure if the other was for Gambit or another Crucible quest. Its taking me a while just to finish up the Solar Vanguard quest.

Ended up doing a good bit of Clash last night and am now halfway through LFR kills and done with headshot kills. I probably should have kept goign since I was oddly on a roll with the kills. I was actually doing well enough that it didn't bother me as much that my teams were losing most of the time. It helped that I was usually the top guy and that the scores were generally close.

I'm probably halfway through shotgun kills. Its not a weapon I love at all, but Gambit is getting me used to shotguns and close up action in general since I run with a sword as well.

• Like 1