DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Azteccross's nerd breakdown of data miner info.

The Warlock exotic item. Promethium Spur, may be the most broken thing I've ever seen.  As if Daybreak weren't broken already without any Exotic items buffing it.  Healing / Empowering Rifts every time you use Daybreak?  Seriously?

That being said, the Hunter exotic (the Bombardiers) sound like they could be fun.  We get to be fucking Hanzo from Samurai Showdown and leave grenades behind every time we dodge!

For the folks that did not get an Arbalest, there is another Exotic Kinetic LFR called Bastion in the database and like the Warlock boots, the perks sound pretty game breaking.   A charged shot fires three spreads of projectiles and a portion of the damage goes through elemental barriers.  This may be the horse that gets me to the Komodo (the PvP ritual LFR) instead of the Arbalest.

And yeah.  The Devil's Ruin sidearm is a Covenant plasma pistol. I will love it as if it were my own child.

On to Ritual Weapons and my first impressions:

• Holy shit.  The perks on the Python (Gambit Ritual Shotgun) are PvE perfect.  My LMS is going bye-bye after I get my mitts on that shotgun.
  • The Buzzard (Vanguard Ritual Sidearm) looks solid and also has a new weapon perked called Osmosis which sounds like Momentum Transfer for guns just like how Swashbuckler is pretty much Impact Induction for guns.   The Buzzard has both perks so it allows you to choose whether you want grenade damage or melee damage to boost the weapon damage for this gun.  I actually like the design concept behind this gun but we'll see how it actually performs.
  • The Komodo (Crucible LFR) comes with No Distractions / Moving Target and Eye of the Storm / Box Breathing.  It pretty much has the curated roll from the Beloved sniper rifle without the range advantage and you're waiting on Heavy to exploit it.  I'm not terribly impressed by the PvP applications on paper.  If they really wanted to impress me, they'd have swapped Eye of the Storm for Rangefinder or even Outlaw.  I hate perks like Eye of the Storm that requite me to be half dead before they proc and they stuck that shit on a Heavy PvP weapon so that I can go try to be a hero, get brained, and hand deliver my purple to the other team.
Edited by J.T.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dynamo has been removed as a mod since it was broken and allowing folks to get almost instant supers.

Damn, they found me out.   I've always run Dynamo / Better Already on my Hunter Cloaks.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so they doubled down on the mods for Bows.  Good.

So, the Devil's Ruin sidearm is being compared to a Covenant plasma pistol.  Well, I know what EWB is going to get priority completion effort from me this season.

I'm looking forward to picking up Devil's Ruin. Its nice to see sidearms get a little love exotic wise.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

That being said, the Hunter exotic (the Bombardiers) sound like they could be fun.  We get to be fucking Hanzo from Samurai Showdown and leave grenades behind every time we dodge!

Not quite digging the look of the Bombardiers though the perk does sound quite nice. Hopefully I get a decent roll for them whenever I get them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm looking forward to picking up Devil's Ruin. Its nice to see sidearms get a little love exotic wise.

I am also digging the concept behind the VRW, the Buzzard sidearm. 

I didn't check to see whether or not the DR is a Kinetic weapon.  If it is, for the first time in my life I may have to start using a set of Mechaneer's Tricksleeves so I can use the DR and the Buzzard at the same time and swap them in and out at will.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am also digging the concept behind the VRW, the Buzzard sidearm. 

I didn't check to see whether or not the DR is a Kinetic weapon.  If it is, for the first time in my life I may have to start using a set of Mechaneer's Tricksleeves so I can use the DR and the Buzzard at the same time and swap them in and out at will.

That was the first piece of exotic armor I got. I have no memory of what they are good for.

37 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That was the first piece of exotic armor I got. I have no memory of what they are good for.

They increase the stow / draw speed of all sidearms.

At first I thought they were shit until the day I played a Rumble match and was burned alive by a guy with a set of these and using MW Rat King and a god roll Anonymous Autumn (Full Auto / Zen Moment / Stability Masterwork).  

He'd kill a guy with the MW RK, go invis, swap to the AA, find a good place to camp, crouch to stay off of your tracker, and fucking melt you where you stood when you ran by him.  Fucking Tracker Bait Genius, he was.

He finished in first place.  I was a very distant third.

I still don't use the Tricksleeves myself since they don't really mesh with my gameplay style, but now I have a new appreciation for how they work.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Aha, now I remember the other thing that ignited my nerd rage.

Did Titans and Warlocks get a set of seasonal ornaments advertising one of the game's weapon manufacturers?

Hunters got a Veist ornament pack and it is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen for Hunters and we've got a lot of ugly crap in our wardrobe.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Not quite digging the look of the Bombardiers though the perk does sound quite nice. Hopefully I get a decent roll for them whenever I get them..

Remember that Gunslingers have Tripmine Grenades and now the Throwing Knife for Bottom Tree Gunslinger acts as a proximity mine, so these powers coupled with this Exotic have very nasty potential applications in PvE and PvP..

Back to the good old days of D1 PvP where I'd camp hallways and throw TGs on ceilings to soften up incoming enemy players or cover my retreat with traps.

And it's Armor 2.0 so you don't have to worry about decent rolls for armor anymore..  It will all boil down to what armor mods are allowed to be set in the slots of this item and how extensive your armor mod collection is.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Aha, now I remember the other thing that ignited my nerd rage.

Did Titans and Warlocks get a set of seasonal ornaments advertising one of the game's weapon manufacturers?

Hunters got a Veist ornament pack and it is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen for Hunters and we've got a lot of ugly crap in our wardrobe.

Yeah, this season gives us some Veist version of the Skerren Corvus armors we got two Festivals of the Lost ago. It looks better than that did, but so far the only solid-good piece from both sets is definitely the Festival helmet

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Remember that Gunslingers have Tripmine Grenades and now the Throwing Knife for Bottom Tree Gunslinger acts as a proximity mine, so these powers coupled with this Exotic have very nasty potential applications in PvE and PvP..

Back to the good old days of D1 PvP where I'd camp hallways and throw TGs on ceilings to soften up incoming enemy players or cover my retreat with traps.

And it's Armor 2.0 so you don't have to worry about decent rolls for armor anymore..  It will all boil down to what armor mods are allowed to be set in the slots of this item and how extensive your armor mod collection is.

Haven't tried the bottom tree yet. I probably will soon.

Turns out I already managed to pick up the Bombardiers. The stats were low though so I'm thinking it was a standard quest reward for the first Sundial run I did. When I was talking rolls, I meant good stats. My current stuff is generally high 60s-high 70s since I actually masterworked a piece for all of the main armor save the cape. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:
Turns out I already managed to pick up the Bombardiers. The stats were low though so I'm thinking it was a standard quest reward for the first Sundial run I did. When I was talking rolls, I meant good stats. My current stuff is generally high 60s-high 70s since I actually masterworked a piece for all of the main armor save the cape. 

I hate this shift.  You guys probably have a good jump on me and it's only Day One.

Meanwhile. I'll probably pass out as soon as I get to the crib and by the time I get rolling tomorrow, it'll be time to go back to work.

And yeah, base stats are usually garbage, so you'll have to improve them through EC and ES investment.

Tried the bottom solar tree in Crucible. That was not the place to try it.

Tried the Bombardiers in Crucible as well. Didn't think it worked out too well. Its definitely more of a PvE perk in terms of usefulness. Thinking it may do well in Gambit using the shotgun. Will try it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

The Titan ornament set that came with launch had to be temporarily removed (I don't know if it is back yet) because there was an issue where people where getting overcharged when they purchased it

FYI - apparently there is a small little bug for some people where Osiris won't immediately give you new missions

YOu will have to keep talking to him and eventually new things will show. (You might even have to leave Mercury and then come back)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well add the Black Talon Catalyst to the pile

I got it today while running strikes.    I'll get around to it sooner or later.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So many Arbalests....

One of them is mine!  I've got about 20 LFR kills so far and like 8 are precision kills.  I feel pretty good about completing this RWQ before the end of the season.  I'm going to try to grind as much light as I can before this season's first IB to really heap on the numbers.  The Glory grind for the quest is only up to Heroic and I can do that in my sleep in Freelance.

I'm slowly setting in with my Arbalest load-out and getting my timing down.  The charge-up is really quick, so I have found that I can't use the spool-up to pre-fire like I can with a Crooked Fang. 

Ideally. I want to get a straight line headshot on someone that is charging straight at me and there has been no shortage of Recluse zergers coming in for the kill only to take a bolt to the brain.

I've also got a decent jump on the Vanguard RWQ thanks to this beautiful Saint XiV sidearm with Grenadier and this new perk called Vorpal Weapon that does bonus damage against Bosses and Enemy Guardians.

So, I've got my artifact and we're off to the races.  Sundial is a nicely dressed up Menagerie scenario with Champions and a dash of Leviathan mechanics for good measure.  When the Psion commanders kept spawning during Datamining, I was like, "I've seen that before somewhere.  I think I should go punch him...." and that turned out to be the right answer.

And I am an idiot.  This season's cosmetic quests are not as grindy as last season's but they are still very grindy.  Now that my artifact has weapon mods, I can go do Hero level Ordeal Nightfalls now so that I can start amassing score points for the Vanguard cosmetic quest.

Knowing me, I'll probably finish the Crucible one first.

I don't know what Bungie dev decided to make Void the element for the Unstoppable Melee mod this season.  Obviously he hates Hunters because the melee abilities for Nightstalkers are fucking smoke bombs that do dick for damage and one of them is non-lethal.

Edited by J.T.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For the record - I wasn't saying one of the Arbalets wasnt mine too

You are a completion monkey like me, so I already concluded that one of those Arbalests was yours.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got 48 of my 50 Airborne Sidearm kills in one strike so I am happy about that.

I got 50 / 50 in one strike with the caveat that it was in the Scarlet Keep which lasts for ten thousand hours and has a bazillion targets.

It also helps that I temporarily slapped an Icarus Grip on my Saint XIV sidearm so that my free aim accuracy was greatly improved while I was airborne.  Getting kills wile jumping was pretty easy.

Now that part is done, I've got a Backup Mag on it so that it holds 30 rounds.  It melts lines of Thralls like a beast.

I'm 34% for Sidearm Kills and about 42% for points.  The quest progress bar for the Buzzard says I'm about half done after about six strikes.

Edited by J.T.

I am bouncing around doing shit.

I like I unlocked the Mars Oblisek but havent been back to Osiris yet

I am doing some of the weeklies along with one of the Martyr's Retribution

OH! In playing just a handful of matches I am already halfway through A Display of Power (helps that I haven't lost yet)

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am bouncing around doing shit.

I like I unlocked the Mars Oblisek but havent been back to Osiris yet

I am doing some of the weeklies along with one of the Martyr's Retribution

OH! In playing just a handful of matches I am already halfway through A Display of Power (helps that I haven't lost yet)

Yeah, I've also been all over the place from materials grinding to vendor bounties.  

I went apeshit with upgrades so now I have to raise a bit more Glimmer so that I can claim that Saint XIV auto rifle from the Tangled Shore Obelisk.

Edited by J.T.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I just got an Old Fashioned drop

I haven't seen one of those in forever

I got a Fusion Rifle drop for my Clan Reward that I haven's seen since Season 3.

The perks were shit but it was 958, so it went into the Recluse.

In addition to the Black Talon catalyst, I assume we all have the Symmetry catalyst quest by now.  Holy crap, I love that rifle. 

I thought I adored the Masterwork Polaris Lance for being the Exotic scout rifle with a little something extra, but Symmetry is on some whole different shit. 

My PvP doucebag load-out may shift to Perfect Paradox / Symmetry / Goldtusk for the IB instead of RTK / Recluse / Truth once I am done with Arbalest kills.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and I am dumb.  The devs switched the prox mine TK from Bottom Tree Gunslinger to Top Tree. 

I was looking at old gameplay sandbox footage.

Furthermore, I am also an idiot because I assumed that since Banshee's Weekly precision kills on x planet bounty was on the Tangled Shore that the Flashpoint was also on the Tangled Shore and that's not the case. 

This week's FP is (duh!) on Mercury where the metaplot of the current Season takes place.

I got another Weekly precision kills on x planet bounty from Banshee after reset today that was for Nessus.  I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if this is something new to help us acquire more Enhancement Matrixes for upgrading?

Edited by J.T.

And Osmosis does not work the way the flavor text implies, so I believe it's been corrected.

Osmosis adds the elemental damage type of your class after you use a grenade.   Same as the weapon perk for the D1 Exotic fusion rifle, Susanoo.

The Buzzard VRW sidearm has this perk and I also think it is assigned to one of the Saint XiV weapons.

Edited by J.T.

I've finished the sidearm kills for Buzzard so now I'm just left with points where I'm currently in the 80s percent wise. Basically I should be done next strike or two.

The symmetry is a nice scout rifle though the catalyst quest another ridiculously long one like Eriana's Vow. It might actually be worse in terms of how much progress it gives.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

I got another Weekly precision kills on x planet bounty from Banshee after reset today that was for Nessus.  I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if this is something new to help us acquire more Enhancement Matrixes for upgrading?

I got the same thing. No idea if its a glitch or not.

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

I don't know what Bungie dev decided to make Void the element for the Unstoppable Melee mod this season.  Obviously he hates Hunters because the melee abilities for Nightstalkers are fucking smoke bombs that do dick for damage and one of them is non-lethal.

Why do they hate Hunters? Wee seem to be the only class with a non-lethal melee. We were the only class with no one shot melee until this season and even that thing has to get a damn headshot to work. Its just such bs. Like I'm not sure how they can pretend its fair in the slightest.