DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Fanbyte has a partial list of the artifact perks in the article below:

https://www.fanbyte.com/guides/destiny-2-lantern-of-osiris-guide-all-seasonal-artifact-mods/

I'm going to be a total douchebag in the Crucible with Enhanced Rifle Loader and Enhanced Unflinching Rifle Aim bolstering my RTK.

Ah, those were actively shown in the video preview from Thursday. Yeah rifles are going to be scarier than ever in Season of Dawn. 

• Like 1

I need three or so more wins in Countdown to close out the gametype triumph and one or two more rotator matches to get my Tier 1 Engram.

I split four Countdown matches before coming to work: 2 wins and 2 losses 

I did fairly well in one win and got totally carried in the other.  The Hunter on our team that bore our weight on his shoulders in the second win may have had the douchiest load-out I've ever seen from a Mountaintop / Not Forgotten / Truth set-up to St0mp-E5s with a Traction mod.  It was fucking great.

It really felt like Matchmaking was out to get me today.  In the match that I did well in, I left the queue to get some more coffee and came back in for another go. 

The exact same people were on the roster save one new rando.  Instead of pairing us up on the teams we were originally on as Matchmaking typically does, the algorithm put all of the top killers from the earlier match on the same team and I got stuck with the choads and the rando.

We got smashed but at least it wasn't a shut-out.  Needless to say I was the top killer on my team, but that's not saying much.  At least I managed to finish even and got one detonation and a disarm.

Oh, and if you're curious, Oathkeepers do indeed allow you to keep a Leviathan's Breath drawn indefinitely. 

In the second loss of the day, there was a Hunter on the other team with bows in every slot and sporting Oathkeepers.  His team would cede heavy to him whenever it was up and he'd pretty much wipe all of us out when we were on defense and came to disarm the bomb.   I don't even think they wanted the detonation.  I think the bomb was bait to get us to either push or forfeit the round.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I should be on the Moon trying to get void grenade kills but I really dont want to

Jesus...

Just grab your Monte Carlo and put an Impact Induction mod on your arm armor.  The Monte Carlo will buff your melee cooldown and the II mod will buff your grenade cooldown every time you use your melee ability.  Shoot -> Punch -> Nade.

With all of those Thralls running around during upper tier Altar of Sorrow, you should be done in no time.

You're a hoarder, so I know you have an Armamentarium in storage somewhere.  Toss that on for the extra grenade charge.

Edited by J.T.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It’s not that I can’t get it done it’s that I don’t want to

I did all the moon work I wanted tO this morning- now it’s getting to be busy work

Yeah, the grind can be tedious.  

If it helps, Blasphemer is the Altar reward weapon until next reset so you can always grind for a good shotty roll while helping dipshit randos nuke Nightmares.

Now's also a good time to get in some Vex Invasion murders since the timing for all encounters has been sped up. 

Bungie has flipped the switch on all Lunar triumph related activity for people trying to get in that last minute push to Undying.  I think just about every possible Lunar encounter is available, although I think the only Powerful Nightmare that is up is the Ogre in the Hellmouth.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah I went and did my Nightmares this morning and noticed that they were all available 

That was nice because one of the last rabbits I needed was in the room where the final nightmare was for one of the hunts. So 2 birds with one stone.

In fact since I have done 8 of 9 rabbits I think the only one I have left is the one in the room where they all are stored

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I went and did my Nightmares this morning and noticed that they were all available 

That was nice because one of the last rabbits I needed was in the room where the final nightmare was for one of the hunts. So 2 birds with one stone.

In fact since I have done 8 of 9 rabbits I think the only one I have left is the one in the room where they all are stored

The game has been stingy with rice cakes where I am concerned.  I think I need two more including the one at Sanctuary.

I've been mostly hitting PvP, so I haven't checked around to see if any more Powerful Nightmares were up and around on the Moon.  The only reason I know the Ogre is up is because I helped some lowbies kack him while I was on the way to the Circle of Bones to give a rice cake to the rabbit there.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah I have no fucking clue where all these wandering fucking nightmares are. I’ve only even seen the Ogre.

There is the nightmare of a Fallen Arch Priest in a cave in the Anchor of Light.  The cave is behind the wrecked habitat that leads to the Lost Sector in that zone.  I'll go see if he's up if I am not half asleep when I get home from work tonight.

Now I remember what I wanted to post!

Have you guys noticed any weirdness going on with your inventory?   I was knocking out a couple of Banshee bounties late last night to horde ECs for the upcoming season and I tapped out around 1AM after getting a couple of anteater errors that bumped me to the title screen.

When I logged on this afternoon to do more EC bounties, I noticed that my entire Microphasic Datalatice supply was gone.  All 700+ units.

Edited by J.T.

As much as I am attached to the current season's armor, I'm looking forward to next season's stuff.  I kinda hate the Hunter ornaments for this season.  I like cloaks with hoods so the hoodless ornament made me look weird and the fucking leg ornament gave me a goddamned prosthetic limb.

Meanwhile fucking Titans get badass armor ornaments that make them look like a fucking anime mecha with wings and blades and shit.

Bungie Hates Hunters.

Also, I need to get around to infusing my Iron Will armor into another set now that I know that we'll have to grind for a whole 'nother set of IB armor during Dawn.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I did fairly well in one win and got totally carried in the other.  The Hunter on our team that bore our weight on his shoulders in the second win may have had the douchiest load-out I've ever seen from a Mountaintop / Not Forgotten / Truth set-up to St0mp-E5s with a Traction mod.  It was fucking great.

This person sounds like a monster. I highly respect him for whatever hell he brought Warlocks and Titans this day.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

As much as I am attached to the current season's armor, I'm looking forward to next season's stuff.  I kinda hate the Hunter ornaments for this season.  I like cloaks with hoods so the hoodless ornament made me look weird and the fucking leg ornament gave me a goddamned prosthetic limb.

I actually like the ornaments outside of the cloak. I use the arms vest, helmet, & legs regularly. I do occasionally switched the helm out though with the season pass one. It looks so good with a cloak over it.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Meanwhile fucking Titans get badass armor ornaments that make them look like a fucking anime mecha with wings and blades and shit.

Bungie Hates Hunters.

Yes yes they do hate us. It pisses me off every season how Warlocks and Titans get better looking armor than us. Even the shit I like somehow ends up comparing less to Warlock and Titan armor more than half the time.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Recorded Countdown win #13 with a score of 6-4.  Two more wins to go to close out the gametype triumph.

The teams were very evenly matched.  I got 10 kills or so and finished a little over positive.  Not a great match for be, but not entirely horrible either.

Both units had their moments of intelligent tactics and really good decision making, but the top killer on the other team tried to be a hero one too many times in the last two rounds and we were able to neutralize him from the jump.

Once he was down, the rest of the enemy team kinda fell apart.

I think I would've been okay even if we had lost because both sides played well and unfortunately there can be only one winner..

This match was the opposite of a match I lost earlier in the day.  I was the top killer on my team and everyone else on my side was horrible.   The players on the winning team were bad sports.  I managed to get a double kill on two of the members of the enemy unit while in the act of teabagging the ghosts of two players from my team.  

I didn't think to record the incident until after I was in orbit.  I'm always afraid I'll jinx myself if I set my Xbox up to record a match.  The only thing I'll capture is something totally embarrassing.

I did my best to try to farm a god Temporal Stasis MG roll, but they continued to be garbage and I was further frustrated by Vex Offensive fireteam members that appeared to just fucking die on purpose and ruin our shot at a flawless run.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Snuck in a Infamy reset

Glad I remembered how close I was because I would have been pissed tomorrow when everything reset

I stopped caring about resets last Friday.  I just need to remember to time my future Valor reset to coincide with whatever cosmetic quest, PvP Pinnacle Weapon quest, or IB armor quest comes up next season as one of the requirements might be a Valor reset.

Next season's Gambit cosmetic quest or Pinnacle Weapon quest may require an Infamy reset.

Edited by J.T.

I work 4 to Midnight until Saturday so I will be home tomorrow at the normal time that reset happens..

I am not sure if I am going to bother logging in, though.

I am going to assume that servers will be hung up when everyone in the world tries to play at the same time and that the maintenance downtime will take hours and hours and hours.

Edited by J.T.

Managed to finally get in a Pit of Heresy run before the reset. It was interesting. Doesn't feel as long as Shattered Throne, but its even more of a maze and a murderous one at that. Hopefully I can find some people wanting to do Xenophage so I can get that out of the way soon.

• Like 1

Not sure why, but I could not find the season pass for Season of Dawn at all on PSN or in the Eververse store. The only place I could find it was the season ranks tab. I'm so happy I kept the extra silver from Forsaken from over a year ago. Forsaken pretty much paid for an extra season due to that. Of course now they have me a bit annoyed because they just had to add a damn gunslinger finisher they know damn well I want and will have to purchase silver to get, those clever sons of bitches?.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Managed to finally get in a Pit of Heresy run before the reset. It was interesting. Doesn't feel as long as Shattered Throne, but its even more of a maze and a murderous one at that. Hopefully I can find some people wanting to do Xenophage so I can get that out of the way soon.

Me too, brother.  Grats on your dungeon clear!

I logged on long enough to grab weekly bounties and stuff before bouncing for work and took a look at some of the new content.

• The Gambit ritual weapon for this season is a shotgun, the Vanguard ritual weapon is a sidearm, and the Crucible ritual weapon is (wait for it) a fucking linear fusion rifle.   I will be amongst the dickbags using an Arbalest in the IB this season to cheat those LFR kills.  I may also start using an Arbalest in Survival Freelance on longish maps.  I haven't decided if I really want to give up the RTK crutch in a scenario when wins are important. 
  • I'll also be on the lookout for a good Crooked Fang roll and will shard it once (if?) I manage to complete the Crucible LFR bounty.  PvP Ritual / Pinnacle Weapon Bounties are traditionally the ones that take me an entire season to complete, so the sooner I start grinding LFR kills, the better.
  • Flashpoint for this week is the Tangled Shore.  Had to jet to work early for a meeting, so I wasn't able to check to see if we're able to dump the Used Toothbrush now.
  • The cosmetic quests for this season don't appear to be too grindy, but we'll see.
  •  The milestone for the seasonal meta plot says I need to talk to Ikora in order to get things rolling.  I wasn't able to get down there to see the status of the construction on the portal.
  • Seasonal armor isn't as spiky looking as Saint-14's.  I am a bit bummed.
  • Seasonal weapons appear to be a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher.
  • One of the new emotes this season is Ronin / Hawkeye's blade wipe from Avengers; Endgame. The sword used in the emote is a Quickfang / Goldtusk skin.

Animated-GIF-downsized_large-1.gif

Since I actually own a Quickfang / Goldtusk and had some leftover Silver from like five seasons ago that I've never spent, I felt obligated to buy the emote.  Also, since I am a PvP asshole, I will probably put more effort into finishing Sword Mastery in the Crucible triumphs queue and emote this after every murder.  Players will hate it, so it should be fun.

• We can equip two finishers now. 
  • The headbutt finisher is in the seasonal rewards tree.
  •  All classes have a Solar themed finisher.  Hunters shoot dudes at point blank with a Golden Gun.  I was sorta hoping we'd get something that looked like Blade Carnival only with Fire Knives.  Oh well
  • There is also a finisher that is pretty much Guile's Flash Kick from Street Fighter II.  I will probably replace the Belgian Flying Kick with this one if it is ever sold at Eververse for Bright Dust.

Tess is selling the Divinity ornament for Bright Dust.... as if I'll ever own one to be able to use the ornament.  I bought it anyway since I have over 20K units of the stuff.

I'll put Bottom Tree Gunslinger through it's paces on the Tangled Shore while I am knocking out the Flashpoint to see what the new powers are all about.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Looks like i have to apologize to you. Turns out they didn't completely abandon SMGs and Auto-rifles. They are the only weapons that can use overload rounds this season.

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  • The Gambit ritual weapon for this season is a shotgun, the Vanguard ritual weapon is a sidearm, and the Crucible ritual weapon is (wait for it) a fucking linear fusion rifle.   I will be amongst the dickbags using an Arbalest in the IB this season to cheat those LFR kills.

I have zero interest in shotguns and linear fusion rifles yet I still feel like I just have to get those damn ritual weapons. I actually haven't used Arbalest in Crucible so I have no idea how useful it is. I actually like it well enough in regular PvE. I just never use it outside fo bounties since I like so many other weapons so much more.

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  • The milestone for the meta says I need to talk to Ikora.  I wasn't able to get down there to see the status of the construction on the portal.
  • Seasonal armor isn't as spiky looking as Saint-14's.  I am a bit bummed.
  • One of the new emotes this season is Ronin / Hawkeye's blade wipe from Avengers; Endgame. 
  • The portal is gone.
  • The seasonal armor for Hunters kind of sucks. The season pass ornaments do improve the look and are probabyl closer to what you're looking for.
  • I like the new emote editions for Hunters. Kind of surprised it took this long to add the knife trick.
41 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Tess is selling the Divinity ornament for Bright Dust.... as if I'll ever own one to be able to use the ornament.  I bought it anyway since I have over 20K units of the stuff.

I couldn't bring myself to waste the bright dust. I just know that even if I ever do end up doing a raid that it certainly won't be GoS.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Looks like i have to apologize to you. Turns out they didn't completely abandon SMGs and Auto-rifles. They are the only weapons that can use overload rounds this season.

We are homies.  You don't owe me an apology.

Hm.  So they took away Overload mods for bows?   Sucks for Bow users that finally got to see their business pick up last season.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

I have zero interest in shotguns and linear fusion rifles yet I still feel like I just have to get those damn ritual weapons. I actually haven't used Arbalest in Crucible so I have no idea how useful it is. I actually like it well enough in regular PvE. I just never use it outside fo bounties since I like so many other weapons so much more.

I already use a Last Man Standing shotty as my Blocker Buster in Gambit / GP anyway, so it will be business as usual.  I used to pack a Badlander until they changed up and made Taken Captains the Medium Blocker.   Fire shotty vs their Solar barrier is extremely effective and the AoE burst when the shield breaks will damage any nearby Blockers or even destroy a Small Blocker.

Arbalests in PvP are pretty effective.  If you can manage flinch and recoil, you will one shot precision kill most enemy players with the Arbalest and have decent odds at winning most baby sniper duels.  You just need a decent EW weapon to serve as your Primary running around gun.

For me, that probably means depending on the Recluse for close engagements which will really take me out of my comfort zone and enemy players who don't give a shit about the new ritual weapon quest will continue to exploit their douchebag load-outs. No Bueno.

IMO, the Arbalest is the better Exotic option than using a Queenbreaker since it takes green ammo and you won't be competing for heavy drops with every other asshole grinding that quest.

I may have to tweak my go to PvP armor with a LFR Scav mod so that I can at least get some extra rounds for the Arbalest an am not wandering around like an asshole waiting to get picked off when I am left with only the Recluse to defend myself.

I... *sigh* …. may also have to start playing more Mayhem if I get a good Crooked Fang roll since heavy drops are more frequent and I will probably double up on LFRs as the season gets tighter if I am not close to the edit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Hm.  So they took away Overload mods for bows?   Sucks for Bow users that finally got to see their business pick up last season.

Bows have anti-barrier and unstoppable mods. Its doesn't suck that much to have access to those now.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:
Bows have anti-barrier and unstoppable mods. Its doesn't suck that much to have access to those now.

Okay, so they doubled down on the mods for Bows.  Good.

So, the Devil's Ruin sidearm is being compared to a Covenant plasma pistol.  Well, I know what EWB is going to get priority completion effort from me this season.

Edited by J.T.