DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

The one benefit Titans get with Arc is we can get a second grenade.

The bigger issue - which JT already alluded to - is that you lose a lot of kills to your teammates who think they are "helping"

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:
You only got scout rifles right. Sidearms are meaningless this season except for maybe the exotic coming later. They mentioned focusing on long range weapons this time around. Besides I was talking about the little half hour reveal they did today. You were right about sparrows on Mercury now.

You and your fact checking and accuracy and shit.

I'm at 90% something kills. In the 30s for medals. RTK is going to take me forever to finish.

Medals is the grindiest part, but it's just PvP.  Once you're done with scout rifle headshots it's gravy since the Glory penalty for losses in Survival Freelance is much more forgiving now.  Focus on getting Glory wins and medals will come as they come.  

Nothing you can do but pin your ears back and fight.

Once you hit the 2100 threshold for Glory points, you can go back to playing Valor but I had a rough transition back to 6v6 after being a fucking terror in 3v3.

I finished mine up right before the reset. arc ability kills are annoying to do in general, at least for Hunters. No idea how it is for Warlocks and Titans.

I remember throwing lots of Arcbolt Grenades and using Monte Carlo to buff the cooldown on my melee and dropping Arcstaff on as many things as I could.

It was painful.  

It got to the point where I hit up LFG to do 950 ONs so that I could better coordinate with my fireteam.  We took turns hitting Supers to avoid stepping on each other's toes.  It worked out fairly well and I met a couple of new homies.

Edited by J.T.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - that explains why I have seen an uptick of dude's using Monte Carlo

I hadn't put 2 and 2 together

Markov Chain x 5 gives you an almost instantaneous melee ability cooldown rate, but if you're going that route it's best to run 750 Ordeals so that you don't run into any Champions. 

Do not depend on your squaddies to pack the right mods and if you're running this week's ON and no one has Unstoppable Mods on any weapons or armor, it's going to be a long strike.

Edited by J.T.

Spent about a hour and a half grinding up to 91% on my scout kills. (I actually was only at 78% when I started)

By my math, I need only 40 more kills

Then I am gonna go the Cold Fusion route for the medals 

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Spent about a hour and a half grinding up to 91% on my scout kills. (I actually was only at 78% when I started)

By my math, I need only 40 more kills

Then I am gonna go the Cold Fusion route for the medals 

You need to ditch your old Armor 1.0 One-Eyed Mask with that HC mod bullshit.

Make yourself a new one from your Collections and infuse your old one into your 2.0 mask.

Once you get your RTK, you'll want to put a Precision Targeting mod on that helmet and shove a Rifle Loader mod on your arms armor.  Once you see the numbers I put up in that match today from that Activity Feed screenshot, you'll thank me. 

Mark of Vengeance should be a nasty combo in synch with the right armor mods and the RTK.  Your Exotic item targeting perk should work almost as well for pre-firing as my Foetracer.

Of course, the difference is that you have to get shot in order for it to proc and I don't, but I don't get the yummy overshield after a kill.

Edited by J.T.

It is a year 2 - that's the reason it is 950. You know me, I almost never spend to pull shit out of the vault.

The reason I had the HC mod on it was for Comp since I needed specifically the HC kills.

And honestly - come Tuesday, its gonna into my vault never to be used again

And I am sure the full graphic will be posted in the new TWIB later today but a couple of notes from the Calendar

The Dawning will run from 12/17 - 1/14

The first IB will be Christmas week (starts 12/24)

The first (only???) Exotic Quest won't be until 1/7

Crimson Days will end the season (2/11 - 2/18)

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Need to see  it again, but there were at least two exotic quests on the map.

You are correct - it was right next to the first one so I missed it. Here is the road map image

Destiny_SoD_Calendar_EN.jpg

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Good to know. I thought it weird when it looked liike the season ended on Crimson Days. This is a surprisingly long season for the amount of content seemingly available.

They have said that seasons will generally be 3 months long.

Shadowkeep was only 2 because it was delayed. If Season of the Undying had come out when originally planned it would have been 3 months too.

A few of the streamers have been pointing out (especially Datto) that folks are probably going to have to start adjusting their expectations to how much is in a season since Bungie has flat out admitted they can't do as much as they used to (the combo of not wanting to push their employees as hard and not having as much support now that they are away from Activision)

Honestly - I am good with that because a longer season with not as much content means I can take a few breaks and play other stuff instead of not being able to cram everything into a single season. (That is part of the reason I am really irritated at this First Watch stuff)

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly - I am good with that because a longer season with not as much content means I can take a few breaks and play other stuff instead of not being able to cram everything into a single season. (That is part of the reason I am really irritated at this First Watch stuff)

I agree. Honestly, there are quite a few games I really should get back to or play for the first time that I haven't done much or anything with because of the Destiny 2/FO76 combo i have been playing the last year. Its been a long time coming that I finally get back to and beat Horizon for instance. I was loving that damn game and then Forsaken happened.

HA!

That is the exact same reason I stopped Horizon too.

Then I stopped for the like 3 weeks when Borderlands 3 came out but I stopped playing that when Shadowkeep came out.

And I fully anticipate getting more games at Christmas

• Haha 1

I will be taking a D2 hiatus when VtM: Bloodlines 2 comes out.

I'm looking forward to Crimson Days.  I only need two more wins to close out that Game Mode triumph.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is a year 2 - that's the reason it is 950. You know me, I almost never spend to pull shit out of the vault.

The reason I had the HC mod on it was for Comp since I needed specifically the HC kills.

And honestly - come Tuesday, its gonna into my vault never to be used again

God. Just make another OEM from your Collections and use the old Year 2 950 to infuse it up to snuff.  Seriously you can swap mods in and out of 2.0 armor for 500 Glimmer a shot and you are rarely short on Glimmer.

No more waiting for that armor with just the right perks to augment your weapons or abilities.  You can tailor your armor mods as you see fit.

Right now, the only thing that bothers me is that not all mods are available on all armor sets.   I have a One-Two Finisher cloak mod that doesn't fit on the cloak I like to use with my Assassin's Cowl and that kinda bothers me since I would love the ability to get my melee back while I am invisible and then Combo Blow the shit out of trash mobs by surprise.

Edited by J.T.

Okay I legit couldn’t figure out why JT was still bitching about my One Eyed Mask

Finally realized what the issue was - I pulled the wrong one out of my vault

When I did my last cleanup of my vault over the weekend, I grabbed my Y1 version which I didn’t realize I hadn’t shredded yet. So I thought I had my Y2 version on.

(what I do is put everything in the vault, delete/merge dups and then take back out what I use. Problem is unlike regular weapons Y1 and Y2 exotics don’t line up next to each other (at least in armor))

I'm only an idiot some of the time; not all of the time.

I'm not even going to ask why you have a Y1 OEM in your vault that you mistook for a 2.0 version. 

Your vault must look something like my real life garage.

Edited by J.T.

It will take me all season to get this fucking Eye up to +20.  I can only imagine the grind it will take to get the Lantern to max.

Having to re-seat my armor perks every ninety days is going to get annoying.  

I'm going to miss those Void armor perks for my grenades..... a lot.....

Edited by J.T.

I finished the scout rifle kills part of RTK so I just have to do the medals.

Did one match going for Cold Fusion medals with Jotuun and jumped 9% so yeah - I feel less worried about completing this now

Other upcoming changes when the new season starts

Rewards
Increased the drop rate of the “Scourge of the Past” raid Exotic weapon Anarchy from 5% to 10%
The Exotic Engram and the Fated Engram have been collapsed into a single new Exotic Engram item 
When opened, it awards a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor
Note: Contents are still class-specific

Powerful and Pinnacle Reward Caps
Powerful Cap: 960, up from 950
Pinnacle Cap: 970, up from 960

Escalation Protocol
Escalation Protocol wave 7 chest no longer requires a key to open
Chest can be opened upon every successful completion of wave 7
Each time opening the chest awards one piece of EP armor for your character class until you have the full set
After full set is acquired, subsequent opening of the chest awards a random piece of armor
Charged Decryption Keys and Key Fragments are being removed from the game; these items will be removed from player inventories
Armory keys to spawn Valkyrie Javelins are unchanged and will remain
EP weapon drops were not touched and are still cumulative-stream boss drops

Weapon Mods
The cost of slotting a weapon mod has been reduced from 5,000 Glimmer to 500 Glimmer
Fixed an issue where Ada-1 could grant duplicate weapon mods

Bounties
Repeatable bounties have been added to the Gunsmith
Merged strike/Crucible/Gambit objectives on the Gunsmith weekly bounty "Field Calibration" into a single objective that shares progress from all sources
Removed Valor/Infamy and Vanguard tokens from "Field Calibration" as there is no longer a requirement for any of these linked activities
Added new mode-specific daily Crucible bounties (one per day, selected from full-time playlists and active rotators)
Reduced the completion requirements of several daily and repeatable Crucible bounties
Removed grenade and melee bounties from the Crucible bounty repeatable pool

Striker Code of the Missile (Middle Path)
Thundercrash
Increased base damage from 2,700 to 3,200
Increased in-flight damage from 100 to 200
Slightly increased the amount of time you have in the air after activation

Nightstalker Way of the Pathfinder (Bottom Path)
Vanish in Smoke
Added a short period (0.8 seconds) after the invisibility is applied where firing weapons or performing other actions will not break invisibility
This should help prevent allies from accidentally breaking invisibility the moment it’s granted to them if unexpected

Voidwalker Attunement of Fission (Middle Path)
Handheld Supernova
Adjusted grenade charge time so it lines up with the animations and FX; this should make it feel more consistent to activate

Crucible Maps
Added Rusted Lands to appropriate playlists
Added The Dead Cliffs, Legion’s Gulch, Retribution, and Solitude to appropriate playlists
Removed Emperor’s Respite, Equinox, Firebase Echo, and Vostok from all Crucible playlists
These maps are still available for play in private matches

Of course NOW when I am actually trying to get sniper kills, they remove Vostok and Equinox