DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

You're the man. I'll check that out. This will save a ton of time. Thanks!

Now all that needs to happen is that the Stadia version needs to actually perform well.

EDIT: lol great timing

Edited by Craig H

17 hours ago, J.T. said:

And the Spider Vision triumph for the Festival of the Lost queue is bugged, but in a good way.

If you've ever looked around the Haunted Forest, you probably noticed a structure off in the distance with what appears to be the head of a monstrous spider carved into it.   Looking at it through a weapon scope did not unlock the triumph because it was time gated.

However, if you purchase one of Eva's Chocolate Coin charms with 100 Candy, activate it while you're in the Haunted Forest, and aim down the gunsights of any weapon while you're shooting things, eventually the triumph will unlock without you having to actually pointing your gun at the mysterious spider island thing floating in the air.

The guys at Light.gg believe that the used toothbrush will come into play after the event is over and there was flavor text from Spider suggesting that it might be a good idea to visit him after the Festival has concluded, so maybe I won't have to keep this item in my inventory forever and ever?

Got this on accident earlier in the week. Had no idea how I even got he accomplishment until I saw of video from Houndish showing how to do it.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Getting closer and closer to 9 waves completed

Last night got 7 that should have been 8 but we apparently dropped the boss a second after time expired which was some bullshit

The game gave me a 950 Thunderlord so I didn't have to waste materials upgrading my old ones and that mows fools down in the forest.

Made it to 8 for the first time last night. Hopefully I can hit 9 once before the event is over.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Got this on accident earlier in the week. Had no idea how I even got he accomplishment until I saw of video from Houndish showing how to do it.

The guys from Light.gg figured out that the triumph was time gated and it didn't take rocket science to figure out that it might also be attached to the new consumable that Eva received in her vendor space after the reset on Tuesday.

I've seen the Spider Asteroid thing in the forest before.  I was tempted to take a screen capture, but I didn't want to sandbag on my fireteam.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Made it to 8 for the first time last night. Hopefully I can hit 9 once before the event is over.

I've made it to 8 twice.  Can't seam to get a team to get me to 9 and it doesn't help that the fucking invulnerable knight's slam seems to have been buffed so that standing on columns to confuse him doesn't seem to work as well as it used to.

Pinnacle gear is only +2 above your highest light now so I don't see why this shit has to be so hard. It still takes a lot of grinding to get your light up a point or two.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I've made it to 8 twice.  Can't seam to get a team to get me to 9 and it doesn't help that the fucking invulnerable knight's slam seems to have been buffed so that standing on columns to confuse him doesn't seem to work as well as it used to.

Pinnacle gear is only +2 above your highest light now so I don't see why this shit has to be so hard. It still takes a lot of grinding to get your light up a point or two.

The immortal knights actually don;t bother me much. Its my poor teammates who are always getting caught with me either having to leave them behind to quickly finish up the wave or save them by leading the knight away and goign invisible.

I recall Datto making a complaint a couple of weeks back about the 960 cap being just a bit of bs due the how pinnacle gear was working this season. It doesn't actually bother me much though I do wish they were just a little more chill about events like this.

In the Verdant Forest, the key is to keep killing and earn more clock time while in the Haunted Forest, the key is not to die and the deck is really stacked against you in the HF once Blackout is permanent.

I'm not crazy about timed encounters in general when it comes to this game, but I feel that the HF is far too punishing to be actual fun.  I really do prefer the mechanics of the Verdant Forest and I think that's why I like running Altar of Sorrow waves.   

The VF rewards you with clock time for pushing on and exploring the maze while the HF is just a grueling test of endurance and firepower.  The players I'm with just ignore the mystery chests in the HF and keep pushing forward because time is the more precious commodity. 

In the VF, you're rewarded with clock time as well as currency if you find a mystery chest, so the fireteam is far more likely to explore a branch in search of hidden paths.

The devs removed the bad stip from the Reckoning because it made the encounter overly harsh, but it seems like they totally forgot about how unforgiving any wave above six can be in the Haunted Forest.  After Blackout becomes a permanent modifier, your run is pretty much over if the Knight manages to thwack at least two members of your fireteam.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I've only done one thing today which was a run of Haunted forest o finish up today's Banshee bounties. Not sure what happened, but hell froze over and somehow I managed to clear 9 waves with the two randoms I played with. Think I'm done with all of the Festival triumphs with that out of the way. Kind of annoyed that the pinnacle gear I picked up was another heavy weapon so no continued slow increase my max level this time around sadly. Reminds me that I really need to run Pit of Heresy sometime in the next day or two.

• Like 1

I will do my best to run the Pit before the end of the season, but I'm making no promises.   I've no real interest in Xenophage other than getting the quest out of my queue without abandoning it.

I'll make a few Forest runs today after I wake up from my first block of sleep.   I'll check LFG to see if there are any dedicated fireteams trying to get to Wave 9.  Interest in spending a lot of time with D2 will be low today because House of Traps comes on El Rey Kung Fu Sunday at Noon EST.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will do my best to run the Pit before the end of the season, but I'm making no promises.   I've no real interest in Xenophage other than getting the quest out of my queue without abandoning it.

I want to run the Pit more just to try another dungeon. I've only really completed Shattered Throne so far. I died horribly when going for Whisper since i couldn't make the jump section and I didn't even both with that one for the pulse rifle with SIVA particles. Honestly, I sort of hate puzzles so the stuff for Xenophage kind of annoys the crap out of me even though I find it more doable than some of the other shit like raids and whatnot. I will probably go for it in the end for the same reason as you. I want it out of my queue. At some point I may breakdown and hit up LFG for people to Sherpa me through Leviathan for the same reason with Rat King.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wanna take a shot at the Pit just to try something different, but the path to Xenophage seems needlessly convoluted.   

Once you get a hang of the path and the mechanics, Shattered Throne is not that hard.  I actually enjoy running it.  One day I will go back and knock out the eggs and get the last two sets of Ahamkara Bones I need to retrieve.  I could try to solo it, but the checkpoints are unforgiving.  That's why you kinda need at least one person with you to stay alive in case you accidentally slip and fall to your death..... which is extremely easy to do.

And I feel your pain on the Outbreak.   Every time I turn around, there is some sort of content attached to insane jumping puzzles.   I'm a shitty platformer as it is and Hunters are the worst distance jumpers in the game, so the last thing I need is to encounter a scenario that requires me to jump a lot.

I still have nightmares of the time I would've completed the Vault of Glass flawlessly if it weren't for the one time I died trying to platform down to the boss battle.

If you post on LFG that you need help with Whisper, you should have no problems finding a Sherpa, especially since a 950 LL guy can easily solo the encounter with time to spare.  Sooner or later I'll take another crack at Outbreak now that I have cobbled a set of 950 LL "jumping armor" (high Mobility and St0mp-E5s leg armor) out of a set of Crucible gear.   I hate it when my armor skin templates are mismatched and I look like a fuckng retard.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Realized I have to spend time today in the forest since the only Triumph left to get is killing 75 terrors.

Ugh... like 4 more times into the breach

I did nada today and tomorrow isn't looking any better.

Soooooo many unclaimed Powerful Rewards.  I don't even think I've played any Gambit or Crucible at all this week.

I knocked out Spider Vision on Friday so I have run the table on Festival triumphs unless there is an off the board Secret Triumph that I am unaware of.

Edited by J.T.

I’m gonna have to go hard on these quests that are only available during this season so it means lots of strikes and gambit

I really hate this “kill challenging Taken” bullshit because you only get like 2% progress each match

At least I have two different quests that require solar kills in strikes

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I’m gonna have to go hard on these quests that are only available during this season so it means lots of strikes and gambit

?

Other than the Seasonal Cosmetics quests and the Exotic Weapon quests tied to the Season pass, what else are you grinding that is so important?

We've both got the Leviathan's Breath done and I don't really care about the Xenophage other than getting the quest itself out of my queue.

The Ritual Weapon Quests can be done at any time the way that they are set up now.  It's not like the previous season where I was racing to finish Recluse before the PvP rank reversion.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Other than the Seasonal Cosmetics quests and the Exotic Weapon quests tied to the Season pass, what else are you grinding that is so important?

The Seasonal Cosmetics because I am an idiot

Since I started them (and to be fair I think I am on the last step of all of them with Crucible already done) I want to finish them

Oh BTW - the Recluse nerf is finally coming (at the start of the next season)

It appears most people are complaining are the ones who want to keep using douchebag loadout in PvP

Also - most folks are acknowledging that the nerf will affect consoles more than PC (since it is easier to get headshots in PC)

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Seasonal Cosmetics because I am an idiot

I'm trying to finish up the last one for Vanguard right now.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh BTW - the Recluse nerf is finally coming (at the start of the next season)

It appears most people are complaining are the ones who want to keep using douchebag loadout in PvP

Also - most folks are acknowledging that the nerf will affect consoles more than PC (since it is easier to get headshots in PC)

I'm torn. I worked hard to get the Recluse and don't really use it in PvP. On the other hand its still one of the biggest annoyances PvP so I can't really complain much about a much needed nerf coming. I just wish it was PvP focused.

Finally tried Momentum Control. I don't like it. Scout Rifles aside from Jade Rabbit still feel about the same with ttk. I do kind of like the lack of radar. It makes for interesting situations.

Edited by Eivion

I thought that the Recluse nerf was only going down for PvE?  I was under the impression that Master At Arms was pretty much going to work the same in the Crucible and that the real problem was that it is currently the best PvE add killer in the game and that wasn't the intention for the weapon.

Well, I am bummed.  I finally got in a Wave 9 Haunted Forest completion and got a 953 Linear Fusion Rifle with crap perks that I infused into my Trust for the next IB.  No emblem for completing Wave 9. 

My team merced the Wave 8 Terror with about eleven seconds to spare, so then the trick was to stay alive and clear Wave 9 with EVERY BAD MOD ACTIVE~!

We took it slow and kept enemies in front of us and we finally got enough kills to get to the Wave 9 Terror.  Thank God it wasn't the fucking Hydra.  

I can now say that I did just about all there was to do during the Festival.  Now this shit can go away and we can get to the Dawning already.

I'm still on graveyard through Saturday, but I think we're on a truncated schedule so I shouldn't be up the entire night.   Hopefully I will find enough energy during the day to get some Glory PvP in.  I haven't been in the Crucible in about a week, so I am sure that I am rusty.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm trying to finish up the last one for Vanguard right now.

It's the worst grind out of the three.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Finally tried Momentum Control. I don't like it. Scout Rifles aside from Jade Rabbit still feel about the same with ttk. I do kind of like the lack of radar. It makes for interesting situations.

I like it more than I thought I would.

I think I have an advantage over most players since I played a lot of no-radar Comp back in the day.  The ttk buff does feel a bit wonky, but I think that depends on the host box.  Some matches I can barely kill anyone with the Jade Rabbit and then the next minute, I am two-tapping.fools.

Just follow the basic rule of DON'T GO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE SKULLS~! and you'll be fine.   If more than one of your teammates gets dropped on a specific area of the map, it's probably a bad idea to go and investigate. 

Better to hold position and try to ambush anyone from the other team that pushes.

Sprinting makes you extremely vulnerable.  The one or two seconds it takes for you to slow down and set your weapon, you're already getting picked.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

It's the worst grind out of the three.

I like it more than I thought I would.

I think I have an advantage over most players since I played a lot of no-radar Comp back in the day.  The ttk buff does feel a bit wonky, but I think that depends on the host box.  Some matches I can barely kill anyone with the Jade Rabbit and then the next minute, I am two-tapping.fools.

Just follow the basic rule of DON'T GO IN THE DIRECTION OF THE SKULLS~! and you'll be fine.   If more than one of your teammates gets dropped on a specific area of the map, it's probably a bad idea to go and investigate. 

Better to hold position and try to ambush anyone from the other team that pushes.

Sprinting makes you extremely vulnerable.  The one or two seconds it takes for you to slow down and set your weapon, you're already getting picked.

All good advice. I do wonder if they might do a nerf to spectacle blades at some point for that one. That is easily the most dangerous super in it. I also wish they would alter the invisibility  a tad for normal nightstakers. The actual advantage with it was disappearing off of radar. We were otherwise seen rather easily. Would be nice to get something close to what Spectacle blades has, especially since its infinitely shorter in comparison.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

All good advice. I do wonder if they might do a nerf to spectacle blades at some point for that one. That is easily the most dangerous super in it. I also wish they would alter the invisibility  a tad for normal nightstakers. The actual advantage with it was disappearing off of radar. We were otherwise seen rather easily. Would be nice to get something close to what Spectacle blades has, especially since its infinitely shorter in comparison.

Honestly, I think the issue of Spectral Blades has already been addressed with Armor 2.0 or at least the difficulty in masterworking an entire set of armor precludes players from benefitting from the full Damage Resistance buff.

I've been able to challenge Supers with regular weapons fairly consistently since barely anyone has a full set of MW armor that buffs their damage resistance while they're in their Super.  I've also noticed that I don't die as much while challenging Titan panic supers with Spectral Blades or Arcstaff for the same reason.

And forget about Blade Barrage.   It is the counter to just about all Warlock and Titan supers except maybe for Daybreak.  I've gotten one or two Hate PMs from Titan players I've roasted with BB just as they were starting up their stupid Shoulder Charge of Doom FoP run.

I think the problem of Supers can be solved by tweaking Armor 2.0 DR  benefits in relation to PvP or nerfing the duration buff / damage buffs provided by various pieces of  Exotic class armor rather than messing around with Supers themselves.  Armor is the culprit behind the power creep, IMO.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Honestly, I think the issue of Spectral Blades has already been addressed with Armor 2.0 or at least the difficulty in masterworking an entire set of armor precludes players from benefitting from the full Damage Resistance buff.

I've been able to challenge Supers with regular weapons fairly consistently since barely anyone has a full set of MW armor that buffs their damage resistance while they're in their Super.  I've also noticed that I don't die as much while challenging Titan panic supers with Spectral Blades or Arcstaff for the same reason.

And forget about Blade Barrage.   It is the counter to just about all Warlock and Titan supers except maybe for Daybreak.  I've gotten one or two Hate PMs from Titan players I've roasted with BB just as they were starting up their stupid Shoulder Charge of Doom FoP run.

I think the problem of Supers can be solved by tweaking Armor 2.0 DR  benefits in relation to PvP or nerfing the duration buff / damage buffs provided by various pieces of  Exotic class armor rather than messing around with Supers themselves.  Armor is the culprit behind the power creep, IMO.

Oh I can agree with pretty much all of this. Roaming supers are still an annoyance, but definitely less of one since armor 2.0 I've found myself defending against them a lot better, especially after I got Luna Howl.

I run with Shadowshot most of the time. As long as I can see someone before they get too close I can usually counter with that and keep them chained up along with shutting down their super.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Oh I can agree with pretty much all of this. Roaming supers are still an annoyance, but definitely less of one since armor 2.0 I've found myself defending against them a lot better, especially after I got Luna Howl.

I run with Shadowshot most of the time. As long as I can see someone before they get too close I can usually counter with that and keep them chained up along with shutting down their super.

Yep.  I've noticed a lot of Hunters running Way of the Pathfinder lately and using Moebius Quiver to protect areas from Warlock and Titan roaming supers.  I've always hated Nova Warp and that Fist of Havoc shoulder charge spam thing is also a load of bullshit.

You'll also see Void Titans these days running Armamentarium along with Discipline mods or Bonus Grenade Energy Mods so that they can lob Suppression Grenades almost at will to nuke multiple Supers.. 

Soooooo annoying...

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought that the Recluse nerf was only going down for PvE?  I was under the impression that Master At Arms was pretty much going to work the same in the Crucible and that the real problem was that it is currently the best PvE add killer in the game and that wasn't the intention for the weapon.

This is the exact change

Changed the effects of Master of Arms:
Removed the precision damage modifier
Recluse will continue to receive a damage bonus from Master of Arms, but damage will not default to precision values when the perk activates

So basically people can't just shoot blindly and get nothing but head shots.

Now part of the PvP nerf is because they are also nerfing One Eyed Mask. So the ultimate douchebag load out for Titans is going away (Hence the ones doing the most crying)

That being said - I think Datto described it best. Recluse will go from being 100 light years better than any weapon to like 1 light year better than anything else.

Spent yesterday quickly finishing up bounties that I was almost done with and then I ran two Gambit matches.

Finally stopped being lazy and got Riskrunner out of my vault. So much quicker.

I will probably finish Exit Strategy today or tomorrow. If I am rolling really well then I might also finish the Challenging Taken enemies bit too.

This is assuming I stop getting "beets". Got two in a row last night which is what lead to me stopping