DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And due to this I'm officially done with the Armor quest for IB. Only wearing three pieces of said armor, but I like it with the Gambit Steel shader from last season.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Today was the day I learned that the random nightmares that spawn as you are wandering the moon are not to be fucked with.

Wasn't expecting it to be 970

Especially when I am only 930

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Today was the day I learned that the random nightmares that spawn as you are wandering the moon are not to be fucked with.

Wasn't expecting it to be 970

Especially when I am only 930

Oh shit, I probably should have mentioned that, sorry. Yeah apparently a super powerful Nightmare seems to spawns in a specific place every week. It was in Sorrow's Harbor lats week and I think was Crota. This week its in the Hellmouth and is one of those super Ogres. There is a triumph for beating them, but avoid dealing with it until you hit maximum power or have a fireteam. I tried fighting both and died horribly though I did get them down under 50 life. I was in the 920s on one, 930 on the other (currently at 934-935).

Edited by Eivion

It was funny - a group of like 7 of us had just finished a Vex Storm right at the spawn. So I run over fire it up and get instantly melted.

As I am waiting for my respawn I see that everyone else bailed.

Me and the one remaining dude tried to bug bit it from afar but there was no way we could do it in time

Sounds like what happened to you two also happened to me.  Some randos and I were pummeling the Vex Overlord in the Hellmouth and then a 970 Ogre nightmare wiped us and allowed the Overlord to escape into the Vex Network.  I was pretty pissed off.

Mother fucker's eye beam reached across nearly half the map and the fucking thing was deadly accurate and extremely lethal since I was a low light to him.

There is also a 970-ish Fallen Archon Priest nightmare in a cave near the building close to the pathway to the Temple of Crota in the Anchor of Light.  One day I will smersh him.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Eivion said:

And due to this I'm officially done with the Armor quest for IB. Only wearing three pieces of said armor, but I like it with the Gambit Steel shader from last season.

Yeah, I'm not up to that part yet but thanks for posting the information.  I wonder why they shitcanned the quest step?  Didn't you get a Breath of the Dragon when that quest step popped? 

The quest gives you the appropriate IB weapon for the weapon kill task at hand when you reach the next step so you should've gotten the IB SMG even though the bounty called for GL murders..

I think I would've preferred the Grenade Launcher stip and getting a free shot at a Swarm of the Raven with a good roll.  With my luck, the weapon they gave you for that fake grenade launcher kills step would've been Orwing's Maul. 

Don't get me wrong.  The Maul is a really good weapon, but I prefer not to run fake heavies in my Energy Weapon slot.  I like something in my EW slot with a decent reload speed and GL's are not those weapons.

I wonder if having the wrong icon glitched the bounty to make it incapable of completion?  I run around with a Recluse anyway, so getting 10 SMG kills would've been dirt simple.  I can get five or six in one match if Matchmaking hates me and sticks me on a short map that forces me to run the Recluse as my primary to avoid getting fusioned or shotgunned to death at every turn.

I hate having to wait for another tournament to finish the full set of armor,  I am 950-ish and have been pretty much wiping the floor with dudes so far, so now would be the best time for me to clear an entire quest rather than wait for another tournament later on where players have the interim to level up.

I was running a 4 match win streak until yesterday morning when I was in a match where half my the team bounced after hitting bounty objectives. 

The remainder of us kept getting triple capped because we didn't have the numbers to cover down and of course, we got no replacement players until the match was just about over.

And people wonder why I hate players that are only in it for the bounties.

Edited by J.T.

I finished all the quest steps last night. I still have a couple of bounties left to actually give me shit though.

I have no fucking clue why I haven't been using Eriana's Vow in PvP all the time. God Bless

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I finished all the quest steps last night. I still have a couple of bounties left to actually give me shit though.

I lost a day to personal admin and I was dead tired when I get home.  I still have 5 or 6 PR kills to wrangle for my current quest step, but that shouldn't take too long.

*lovingly taps his Redrix's Broadsword*

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have no fucking clue why I haven't been using Eriana's Vow in PvP all the time. God Bless

Maybe because it takes a thousand hours to reload it and it only takes Special Ammo?

I'd never use it in the Crucible unless I was in a match where I had a EW in a ceremonial slot.

It is quite the Primeval humbler in Gambit, though.  When it comes to the catalyst quest for the Vow, I level it up in Strikes, Gambit, and Vex Incursions.  

For the Crucible, it's all about the Recluse in my EW slot.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Leviathan’s Breath's quest line is to go live on Tuesday. It apparently at least starts with Banshee.

I still haven't run the mission to get the Deathbringer and now there is yet another Exotic hooey to chase down.

Fuck.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Maybe because it takes a thousand hours to reload it and it only takes Special Ammo?

I'd never use it in the Crucible unless I was in a match where I had a EW in a ceremonial slot.

It is quite the Primeval humbler in Gambit, though.  When it comes to the catalyst quest for the Vow, I level it up in Strikes, Gambit, and Vex Incursions.  

For the Crucible, it's all about the Recluse in my EW slot.

After I finished all the quest steps - I equipped it because the 2nd version you get via owning the Season Pass was (at that moment) my highest LL Energy weapon. Turns out it is awesome if you think of it as a long range shotgun.

How successful it will be outside IB - that is a different story. But I was mowing people down with it.

I doubt IB counts as "competitive" matches for the Luna's Howl quest but if it does I made some fucking progress. (Not on the Vow's catalyst though. That will take like a million kills)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

After I finished all the quest steps - I equipped it because the 2nd version you get via owning the Season Pass was (at that moment) my highest LL Energy weapon. Turns out it is awesome if you think of it as a long range shotgun.

How successful it will be outside IB - that is a different story. But I was mowing people down with it.

I doubt IB counts as "competitive" matches for the Luna's Howl quest but if it does I made some fucking progress. (Not on the Vow's catalyst though. That will take like a million kills)

Nope.  You need to be in matches that earn Glory if you want progress for the Howl. 

You can earn credit for player kills towards the triumph linked to the Recluse bounty from the Iron Banner or for the triumph linked to Mountaintop bounty from any PvP playlist so long as you're using a Grenade Launcher to get player kills, but you'll still have to play Comp to Fabled Glory rank in order to unlock the triumphs to complete the bounties and receive the respective reward weapons.

You should be getting progress on the Vow's catalyst if you are using it in PvP, though.  IIRC, you get Vow catalyst progress if you have it equipped for Vanguard Strikes, Gambit / Gambit Prime, Crucible playlists, and the Vex Incursions.

Not sure why Nightmare Hunts were excluded from Vow catalyst progression options, but I suppose there were reasons. 

You will encounter Barrier Champions on Nightmare Hunts with a difficulty higher than Adept, so EV is still a good weapon to bring along if you don't have an auto-rifle or SMG with Anti-Barrier Rounds.  You'll still need a weapon or armor modded to deal with Unstoppable Champions or pray you have a member of your fireteam that does.

And yeah, I pretty much use EV as a baby sniper rifle since it has very good range for a hand cannon, a phenomenal scope, and the heavy impact of a close quarters shotgun delivered from a pretty far distance away. 

Misses are costly since the reload speed is shit and Special Ammo drops can be scare in Crucible if your team isn't amassing a decent enemy body count, so I don't Eriana's Vow in PvP.

In Gambit and Gambit Prime, however, it does hefty damage to Primevals and can kill an Invader with a single headshot. 

I used to pack the Recluse to cobble SMG kills together for the Exit Strategy RW quest but now that I have the Vow catalyst quest to grind, EV goes into my EW slot and my Primary Slot goes to the Pillager SMG that I saved for rainy day use.

So far, the load-out has worked well for me.  Once the SMG streak part of the Exit Strategy RW quest is done and the catalyst for the Vow is complete, I'll go back to running Top Tree Arcstrider with Malfeasance as my primary and buffing my super with my Last Man Standing shotty with Grave Robber / One Two Punch.

Even with the damage stacking nerf, Top Tree Arcstrider running a super buffed by Combination Blow / Grave Robber / One Two Punch is still pretty effective against yellow bars in PvE.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Sounds like what happened to you two also happened to me.  Some randos and I were pummeling the Vex Overlord in the Hellmouth and then a 970 Ogre nightmare wiped us and allowed the Overlord to escape into the Vex Network.  I was pretty pissed off.

Had a Nightmare pop up in the Anchor of Light when I was fighting the Vex. Seeing that I was able to beat it I don't think it was the 970 version. That said, it was nice using the Vex Overlord to help me beat it. Some day I will murder its 970 cousin.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I'm not up to that part yet but thanks for posting the information.  I wonder why they shitcanned the quest step?  Didn't you get a Breath of the Dragon when that quest step popped? 

The quest gives you the appropriate IB weapon for the weapon kill task at hand when you reach the next step so you should've gotten the IB SMG even though the bounty called for GL murders..

I think I would've preferred the Grenade Launcher stip and getting a free shot at a Swarm of the Raven with a good roll.  With my luck, the weapon they gave you for that fake grenade launcher kills step would've been Orwing's Maul. 

So when I got that step I actually did get the Swarm of Raven. None of my GL kills of course were counting, and I realized this was the screwed up quest step only after they made the quick change since this was something that happened to me late night/early morning. 

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I wonder if having the wrong icon glitched the bounty to make it incapable of completion?  I run around with a Recluse anyway, so getting 10 SMG kills would've been dirt simple.  I can get five or six in one match if Matchmaking hates me and sticks me on a short map that forces me to run the Recluse as my primary to avoid getting fusioned or shotgunned to death at every turn.

I think they killed it because they couldn't fix it quickly and didn't want players needing to use SMGs for kills in a quest again along with those poor people who rarely or never look anything up never understanding how to complete the screwed up step. I'm sure the step will be back come next IB.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

You will encounter Barrier Champions on Nightmare Hunts with a difficulty higher than Adept, so EV is still a good weapon to bring along if you don't have an auto-rifle or SMG with Anti-Barrier Rounds.  You'll still need a weapon or armor modded to deal with Unstoppable Champions or pray you have a member of your fireteam that does.

Is there an armor mod for dealing with Unstoppable Champions? I noticed for the the artifact I only had access to an unstoppable mod for HCs. It kind of annoys me since I've been kind of going crazy with SMGs and Arc Logic.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is there an armor mod for dealing with Unstoppable Champions? I noticed for the the artifact I only had access to an unstoppable mod for HCs. It kind of annoys me since I've been kind of going crazy with SMGs and Arc Logic.

There is an Unstoppable Melee mod that makes your Arc melee Stagger folks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is an Unstoppable Melee mod that makes your Arc melee Stagger folks

I know.  I mentioned this earlier.

You'll still need a weapon or armor modded to deal with Unstoppable Champions or pray you have a member of your fireteam that does.

You can either fit a Hand Cannon with Unstoppable Rounds or mod your armor with the Unstoppable Melee mod and run an Arc sub-class to proc the stagger.

Unlocking the mods requires a decent amount of leveling up for your Gate Lord's Eye artifact.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just to clarify - you still have to get the SMG kills. Its the Grenade Launcher kills on the last step that auto completes

I've got the Recluse, so I'm all good with that.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I should've clarified my statement.  As I said above in my reply to Rippa, the short answer to your question is Yes.

If you level up your Gate Lord's Eye artifact, you can unlock the Unstoppable Rounds weapon mod mod for Hand Cannons and you can also unlock the Unstoppable Melee armor mod that you can equip on chest armor.

You have to run an Arc sub-class in order to proc the stagger ability granted by the armor mod.  Your mileage may vary when it comes to whether or not you can survive the ground slam or zerg rush of a charging Unstoppable Champion and get close enough to punch it.

I normally run the Loud Lullaby Hand Cannon (Unstoppable) in my Primary Slot and the Arc Logic auto-rifle (Anti Barrier Rounds) in my Energy Weapon slot and some Arc heavy in my Power Weapon slot during Nightmare Haunts or Ordeal Nightfalls lately since the devs seem to love adding modifiers that buff Arc damage, both incoming and outgoing.

That's why I also run my Dreambane armor with as many elemental resisters as I can in addition to Dreambane / Nightmare Crusher armor mods.

Now, if you arbitrarily leveled up the GLE with no rhyme or reason and don't have access to the mods, you can reset the perk tree for the artifact at a cost of 10K Glimmer.

There is also a top-tier armor mod for your class item called Arc Battery that grants you an overshield and reduced cooldown whenever you activate an Arc sub-class ability, so I would recommend investing in it for the set of armor you use for PvE stuff like Nightmare Haunts and Ordeal Nightfalls.

I'd use it for PvP but I hate using Arcstrider in the Crucible.  No one falls for the okey doke of the spinning Arcstaff anymore.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I should've clarified my statement.  As I said above in my reply to Rippa, the short answer to your question is Yes.

If you level up your Gate Lord's Eye artifact, you can unlock the Unstoppable Rounds weapon mod mod for Hand Cannons and you can also unlock the Unstoppable Melee armor mod that you can equip on chest armor.

You have to run an Arc sub-class in order to proc the stagger ability granted by the armor mod.  Your mileage may vary when it comes to whether or not you can survive the ground slam or zerg rush of a charging Unstoppable Champion and get close enough to punch it.

I totally blanked on the melee mod because I dislike Arcstrider. Its the melee ability on particular that I dislike. Instead I opted for the mod that affects void grenades since its the class I run with the most.

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I normally run the Loud Lullaby Hand Cannon (Unstoppable) in my Primary Slot and the Arc Logic auto-rifle (Anti Barrier Rounds) in my Energy Weapon slot and some Arc heavy in my Power Weapon slot during Nightmare Haunts or Ordeal Nightfalls lately since the devs seem to love adding modifiers that buff Arc damage, both incoming and outgoing.

That's why I also run my Dreambane armor with as many elemental resisters as I can in addition to Dreambane / Nightmare Crusher armor mods.

I tried a few HC with the Unstoppable mod. So far I like Rose the best with it. I do the same using Arc Logic with anti-barrier/overload depending on the mission

Keep in mind you don;t necessarily need Dreambane armor to use Dreambane mods. Just pay attention to armor you get that allows it. II know the IB armor allows for Dreambane mods. So far I've only found one new mod outside of the initial one you get. I'm looking forward to the update later in the month that will allow us to see what mods are available.

• Like 1

During Vex Offensive I run with double auto-rifles one with anti-barrier, the other with overload. I also keep a sword to take down minotaurs quickly. I'm not great for the main boss with damage, but I do tend to find I'm usually the guy taking down his shield and reviving everyone else.

in the Vex Offensive, I run the Pluperfect auto-rifle with Overload Rounds and Eriana's Vow since it is a natural Barrier Breaker and using it during the VO earns credit to the catalyst.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just realized that since I am pretty much done nothing but IB this week so far that I have no idea what the Ordeal this week is

It's the Inverted Spire.  The modifier bonus for Hero level (920LL cap) is 1.32.

I was with a team that got a score of 82K so if you run Hero level with people who aren't asshole rushers, you might hit the 100K Weekly Challenge threshold.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

in the Vex Offensive, I run the Pluperfect auto-rifle with Overload Rounds and Eriana's Vow since it is a natural Barrier Breaker.

I tried Pluperfect and hated it, but I think I just got a mediocre roll. I've been planning to take Eriana's Vow in since I believe Vex offensive is one of the ways to up the catalyst.

EDIT: and never mind since JT beat me to it.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I have a pretty crap role for my Pluperfect, but it is a Seasonal reward and I think you're stuck with the perks they randomly assigned to your profile.

I'm not even sure if you ever get the chance for a re-roll.