DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Remember that the Drifter's Public Service bounties for GP armor synths count towards his Weekly Bounty Challenge total.  

You can nab his WC reward without even setting foot in a Gambit or Gambit Prime match and you can just burn off the synths if you don't feel like braving the Reckoning to turn them into armor pieces.

I got my ass in gear and haunted enough Vex Invasion events and helped put down enough Gate Lords to get the quest step where I actually get to participate in the Vex Invasion content.  It also helped that randos would actually participate and help shoot things rather than fucking off and not helping.

I've also got Symphony of Death to deal with now.   Soooo much shit to do in this game.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I got my ass in gear and haunted enough Vex Invasion events and helped put down enough Gate Lords to get the quest step where I actually get to participate in the Vex Invasion content.  It also helped that randos would actually participate and help shoot things rather than fucking off and not helping.

I thought this part was going to take forever but I got pleasantly surprised because I happen to be doing it the same time as 3 other dudes

So lightning storms were popping up left and right and we just kept bouncing back and forth as a group.

This was before I hit 900 too so I think I jumped like 20 LL due to all the shit that was dropping

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I thought this part was going to take forever but I got pleasantly surprised because I happen to be doing it the same time as 3 other dudes

So lightning storms were popping up left and right and we just kept bouncing back and forth as a group.

This was before I hit 900 too so I think I jumped like 20 LL due to all the shit that was dropping

I am jealous that you've encountered helpful blueberries.   I've been trying to grind out the 10 PE triumph now that I have a full set of ugly Dreambane armor and it seems like randos do there best to avoid participating in WARSAT drops or Vex Incursions.

I think I will be in the neighborhood of 930 or so by the time the first IB rolls around.... if it isn't postponed.

I also brainfarted on this week being the Strongest Curse week, so give me a shout if you want to chase down Throne lore over the weekend.  That includes next Monday since I am off for European Invasion Day.... er…. Columbus Day.

Edited by J.T.

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I also brainfarted on this week being the Strongest Curse week, so give me a shout if you want to chase down Throne lore over the weekend.  That includes next Monday since I am off for European Invasion Day.... er…. Columbus Day.

Remember - the Shattered Thorne is available at all times now directly from the map.

I still have to prove my worth anyway before going back into the Throne so that is way on the back burner

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Remember - the Shattered Thorne is available at all times now directly from the map.

I still have to prove my worth anyway before going back into the Throne so that is way on the back burner

Release week coincided with the Strongest Curse week, so I was none the wiser. 

Nice to know that I don't have to wait for the Curse rotation anymore, so cobbling together a set of unpurified RD 2.0 armor for a Throne run can be done at my leisure.

Edited by J.T.

The way you earn rewards in Iron Banner is changing this Season:
There is a new Seasonal pursuit, which must be completed prior to being able to turn in tokens to purchase packages from Lord Saladin
This pursuit is character based and rewards the new S8 armor set
Each step of the pursuit awards Iron Banner weapons or armor
Most of the objectives within the pursuit track progress at any point during Season of the Undying, even if you have not yet acquired the pursuit
Until the Seasonal pursuit has been completed, all rewards will be obtained from completing matches and bounties
All rewards are weapons until the Seasonal pursuit is complete
The existing seven bounties that offered powerful rewards have been adjusted to offer pinnacle rewards (960 Power max,) but only four are available per event
We are tracking a bug in which the four bounties offered as pinnacle rewards rotate each day allowing more than four to be completed during a single event

Because Iron Banner has its own version of Control, the Heavy ammo spawning changes we made early this week will not be reflected in this Iron Banner. We are planning to make this change in a future update before the next event. 

IB starts Tuesday

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

IB starts Tuesday

Fuck.  I will only be about 930 when that shit rolls around and you know that big clans will already have 960 members that will stack six.

In its infinite wisdom [sarcasm], Bungie took Roster preview away so you can't tell who you're up against in PvP until the fucking match starts.  

I will give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being since Matchmaking has done a fairly decent job of putting me against people at my own skill level.  I've had some challenging Valor matches since launch, but my sweat has seen me through and I haven't gotten merked by cheaters or pro death squads yet.

We'll see how that shakes out when the IB starts and Light matters a bit more than player skill.

There is a new Seasonal pursuit, which must be completed prior to being able to turn in tokens to purchase packages from Lord SaladinThis pursuit is character based and rewards the new S8 armor setEach step of the pursuit awards Iron Banner weapons or armor

I am sure I will find this to be infuriating.  There is like zero content this season that is simple to manage.

Everything this season has taken the grind to a whole different level.

The existing seven bounties that offered powerful rewards have been adjusted to offer pinnacle rewards (960 Power max,) but only four are available per event.

God forbid we grind the IB and get to 960 before we're supposed to and naturally progress for some bounty or triumph in the IB will be tied to wearing their dumb armor, so we'll have to keep it for future events rather than use it as infusion fodder to upgrade the armor sets we wear regularly.

Go fuck yourself, Bungie.

Because Iron Banner has its own version of Control, the Heavy ammo spawning changes we made early this week will not be reflected in this Iron Banner. We are planning to make this change in a future update before the next event. 

The only intelligent adjustment I saw in that blurb of information, but that's what they get for tying a Heavy Weapon bonus % to a bounty. 

I am not surprised that they failed to identify this hitch before now since it seems like none of the developers communicate with each other at all.

Edited by J.T.

So that stuff about the Throne reminded me that they also tweaked the old Black Armory content in a similar manner.

You can access a Forge encounter through the EDZ map playlist now rather than having to go planetside; even the Forges that are on Nessus.

You can also complete a frame with any forge ignition..  The weapons are no longer encounter specific.

I thought I was going to be able to finally say goodbye to Forges, but it is a guaranteed LL upgrade for Hammerhead that only costs Glimmer.  I'll be making at least one Forge run per week until the Hammerhead is 960.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I thought I was going to be able to finally say goodbye to Forges, but it is a guaranteed LL upgrade for Hammerhead that only costs Glimmer.   I'll be making at least one Forge run per week until the Hammerhead is 960.

Ooooh

Good call

EDIT - plus there are two ghost shells that haven't dropped for me yet from the forges

Yeah.  I'll probably end up making two runs since I can use the other BA weapon for infusion fodder or shred it for the schematics so that I can buy mods for newer weapons like the Seasonal guns or the two Ritual Weapons I have left to grind..

I'm trying to get a Rampage Spec for the Edgewise, but fucking Ada-1 keeps giving me Radar Boosters and Sprint Grips.

The BA bounties are annoying but at least I'm earning additional Glimmer for them.  I just discard the Modulus Reports, though.  Only the two big Ballistics Report bounties matter to me.

Edited by J.T.

Another IB quest for the armor kind of pisses me off. It sounds like this one won't suck quite as much as the last, but it will still suck. 

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought I was going to be able to finally say goodbye to Forges, but it is a guaranteed LL upgrade for Hammerhead that only costs Glimmer.  I'll be making at least one Forge run per week until the Hammerhead is 960.

You weren't using them for that before? After I got a Hammerhead with Rampage/Feeding Frenzy, a sword with surrounded, and an auto-rifle with dragonfly I stopped giving a shit about Forges aside from cheap infusion for upgrades on those specific weapon.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ooooh

Good call

EDIT - plus there are two ghost shells that haven't dropped for me yet from the forges

I think I actually got one of those from my Hammerhead upgrade earlier this week. I did not realize forges even had special ghost shells.

The two I am missing are

Fushion Matrix - which is Legendary and drops from Izanami ignitions

Armory Forged - which is Exotic and only drops from Bergusia ignitions

Not sure when, but apparently I already achieved the glory part for Revoker despite not having actually picked the bounty up yet. I'm still not quite picking it up though since it would require me to get so many sniper kills and my focus is currently on Randy's Throwing Knife and Luna Howl's.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:23 PM, Eivion said:

Not sure when, but apparently I already achieved the glory part for Revoker despite not having actually picked the bounty up yet. I'm still not quite picking it up though since it would require me to get so many sniper kills and my focus is currently on Randy's Throwing Knife and Luna Howl's.

You might have met the requirement while you were working on Luna'Howl this season.

I didn't think I'd play in a game mode I hate more than Mayhem, but Team Scorched can eat a bag of shit.  

I'm pleased to announce that since people aren't as picky this season about Heroic Menagerie now the both modes are 750 LL, I finally made the cut and got on a fireteam.  The roll I got on my Goldtusk was pretty good but not a god roll, so I may try again at some point.  

You get plenty of chances to make the score minimum so as long as you're not with a bunch of muppets, you should be fine.

You should also have a Masterwork chalice by now so once you beat the final encounter, you'll get the catalyst for the Izanagi's Burden.  I've got mine up to about 60% and will grind a bit more since I'm off today for Columbus Day.

I finally met some helpful blueberries on the moon.  Unlocked the Lunar Fashion triumph as well as the one for repelling the Vex overlords during the invasion waves.  I already had a completion for Archer's Line; I needed clears for the Hellmouth and Anchor of Light.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, Eivion said:

You weren't using them for that before? 

I ran Forges for infusion fodder, but there was no reason to grind Ada-1's WC after I made max light.

Now that it's light grinding time again, the time and effort it takes to get the Hammerhead frame is worth it for a weapon upgrade where the infusion cost is only 1K in Glimmer

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I am at 922 so I decided to suck it up and try Heroic Ordeal

Dropped in and immediately say "Last Guardian Remaining" and thought "Fuck!"

But I dropped in right on one dude's corpse and revived him and then we went to work

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I think we only fully wiped twice and both times it was because an orge spawned and melted us that we didn't know was coming

I was a little disappointed that my exotic was a set of Ashen Wake and it was at LL

• Like 1

Oh speaking of Exotics

Since I have 2 trillion legendary shards - I bought a Jade Rabbit from Xur to infuse into my current one and then I got a Wavesplitter from him too (via engram)

I also got a Monte Carlo from somewhere (I think it was from my season rewards but I am not 100% sure)

But two more for the collection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am at 922 so I decided to suck it up and try Heroic Ordeal

Dropped in and immediately say "Last Guardian Remaining" and thought "Fuck!"

But I dropped in right on one dude's corpse and revived him and then we went to work

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I think we only fully wiped twice and both times it was because an orge spawned and melted us that we didn't know was coming

I was a little disappointed that my exotic was a set of Ashen Wake and it was at LL

Heroic Ordeal is not too bad outside of those damn ogres.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh speaking of Exotics

Since I have 2 trillion legendary shards - I bought a Jade Rabbit from Xur to infuse into my current one and then I got a Wavesplitter from him too (via engram)

I also got a Monte Carlo from somewhere (I think it was from my season rewards but I am not 100% sure)

But two more for the collection

Monte Carlo is a random exotic drop. 

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Monte Carlo is a random exotic drop. 

I should have clarified - I got an exotic engram from season rewards and I think Monte Carlo came from that engram

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Just started playing this game and I love it so far.  I have a question thought about weapons and armor though.  Should I be vaulting or dismantling weapons and armor when I have no room for them anymore?  

Dismantle blue, greens, and legendaries that don't have a roll outs you like. Vault the stuff that does have decent roll outs (stats and effects) but is either too weak or you aren't actively using. You can also dismantle exotic weapons that are weak since you can pick them back up from your collections.

• Like 2

Yeah, I got the Monte Carlo last week.  Be sure to use it during Vanguard strikes when Brawler is the modifier.

Your Special Melee is always active.  It helps with part of the seasonal Vanguard quest for the shaders and emblem where you have to get a million melee final blows during Vanguard strikes.

Edited by J.T.