DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Now with more being in the right thread

Got the Broodhold strike for the first time

Of course missed half of it because one guy just ran through everything to the end

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now with more being in the right thread

Spider being on tactical was fucking awesome.  I lucked out and got a party that didn't know their way around the Jetsam of Saturn, so I got to hear all of the dialogue.  That Brood Queen and her nuclear death wave can eat a bag of shit.  Now I know where they got the template for the Super Hive Wizard boss for the EAZ when the Revelry was running. 

There is a Secret Triumph for killing the Brood Queen and destroying her Darksoul within ten seconds of each other.  My team got it after everyone went apeshit and popped their supers at the end of the fight.  Between fiery swords, flaming hammers and fire knives flying everywhere, we manage to melt the boss(es) in no time flat.

I'm up to the part of Campaign mode where I have to grind out my last 3 pieces of Dreambane armor and I made a vid clip of the meeting between Eris and Ikora.  Yeah, I may have to shoot Eris before this is all said and done.  Eris is fucking crazy.

I'm about 80-ish percent complete with the Edgewise PvE Ritual Weapon quest.   Sooooo many strikes I have run.  I think I am going to knock this out while Solar is still the singe.  Fixed Odds LMG for the win.

I'm also hovering around 910 LL.  Normally I'd be happy, but I ran into some dudes in PvP today that were already 940.  I don't have that kind of time, but I need to get as high as I can before the first IB of the season.  Gotta get them scout rifle kills for the PvP Ritual Weapon quest and blowing the brains out of lowlights in the IB is easy progress.

I like the change to Gambit.  You can complete the WC by running 3 Gambit matches, 3 Gambit Prime matches, or some combination of the two.  They're not separate anymore.   That's a huge timesaver.

I thought I unlocked full access to the Vex Incursion, but I can't participate in the actual event until I go further along in the Campaign so off I go to get these ugly armor pieces crafted.

Edited by J.T.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Of course missed half of it because one guy just ran through everything to the end

Tryhard blueberries are still the worst.

I had that one Banshee bounty where you have to kill five yellow bars with your finisher but every time I'd make a move towards a major in the Ordeal Nightfall that was near death, the kill 'em all dipshit on my fireteam would blast it to pieces.

I had to resort to clearing out Lost Sectors to meet my yellow bar finisher quota.

Edited by J.T.

I am home today since its our Anniversary so I can finally start to make progress

Of course we just found out my wife's car needs 4 new tires so I really need to shoot things in the head

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

Spider being on tactical was fucking awesome.  I lucked out and got a party that didn't know their way around the Jetsam of Saturn, so I got to hear all of the dialogue.  That Brood Queen and her nuclear death wave can eat a bag of shit.  Now I know where they got the template for the Super Hive Wizard boss for the EAZ when the Revelry was running. 

There is a Secret Triumph for killing the Brood Queen and destroying her Darksoul within ten seconds of each other.  My team got it after everyone went apeshit and popped their supers at the end of the fight.  Between fiery swords, flaming hammers and fire knives flying everywhere, we manage to melt the boss(es) in no time flat.

Wow, I had no idea this was PS4 only strike originally. Its one of the more fun ones to me. The EAZ Brood Mothers were such incredible bs compared to the Brood Queen you fight in the strike.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck these people to no end. I hate them so much. Slow the fuck down. Some/Most of us of have bounties we are trying to finish.

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm also hovering around 910 LL.  Normally I'd be happy, but I ran into some dudes in PvP today that were already 940.  I don't have that kind of time, but I need to get as high as I can before the first IB of the season.

I only 906. How the hell are you higher than me when I should be playing more and have finished the campaign and my first Vex Offensive? Those 940 people are just insane to me. Even with the farming methods I've seen mentioned that is some ridiculous dedication.

Edited by Eivion

On 10/7/2019 at 9:15 AM, RIPPA said:

I am home today since its our Anniversary.

Of course we just found out my wife's car needs 4 new tires so I really need to shoot things in the head

Congratulations!  At least someone is in a functioning relationship! 

And yup.  I'm at the dealership waiting on the verdict on my whip.  If it's transmission and I'm forced to buy a new car today, I will also require some homicide therapy.

I need to have another Crucible match like the one last week with the 20 murders, 10.00 ER and 10 precision kills.  I enjoy Clash matches on Twilight Gap much more when my team knows how to funnel the other team into a kill box.  

Soooooo many scout rifle kills for my question.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, I finished the Edgewise quest yesterday.  It's okay if you need a Solar LMG and didn't get a good Avalanche roll or hate the RoF of the Fixed Odds, but its definitely no Hammerhead.

Hammerhead is still the best all around LMG IMO.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 12:44 PM, Eivion said:

I'm only 906. How the hell are you higher than me?

I went full Datto near the end of last season and started hoarding materials and cores.  I still have a decent supply, but incoming infusion fodder is outpacing my Vault supply, so now I'm constantly purging stuff so that I only upgrade with the highest LL gear.

Highest priority goes to the load out I'll use during the first IB of the season and next is my ugly set of Dreambane armor since that is what I wear on moon patrols and Nightmare Hunts.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I went full Datto near the end of last season and started hoarding materials and cores.  I still have a decent supply, but incoming infusion fodder is outpacing my Vault supply, so now I'm constantly purging stuff so that I only upgrade with the highest LL gear.

Highest priority goes to the load out I'll use during the first IB of the season and next is my ugly set of Dreambane armor since that is what I wear on moon patrols and Nightmare Hunts.

Ah, yeah, I got kind of lazy about that outside of building up my enhancement core collection (I had 240, now I have 140-160). 

I've gotten non Dreambane armor that allows for Dreambane mods post campaign so you should be able to switch out. Also don't forget about universal ornaments.

Edited by Eivion

I wasn't able to play at all yesterday but I grinded the fuck out of Monday

I am either 905 or 906 - I spammed strikes, Crucible and Gambit hard in the evening after unlocking the weekly challenges to help with the boost. (God I forgot how fucking tedious Gambit can be)

I do have the resources to burn at the vendors but for some reason I got paranoid that I needed them for some moon quest that I don't know about yet (I don't know why)

I unlocked the Vex Offensive thingy but have not done it yet.

I also admit that I haven't really looked yet to see how it works but part of me feels stupid for all the armor I kept since it seems like old stuff is worthless because it can't be converted to Armor 2.0 (its more you would have to pull it out of your collection)

Again - I haven't researched yet. Just the way I feel from playing

So this feels weird. I've just had my best game of Comp ever. I got the most kills at 27. Its the last I can recall ever dying. We went 4-2-1. All of this with nearly 95% or so of my kills coming from Crimson in pursuit of the precision HC kills for Luna's Howl. This success is all wonderful, but soooo foreign to me in my least favorite game type (and now only game type) in Comp. I should be celebrating, but it just feels weird.

• Like 1

I played around with Edgewise a bit yesterday and it is beginning to grow on me.  I've specced it for Feeding Frenzy / Rampage and it performs a lot better.   It's not very steady and it's not built for range, so I'm probably going to hit up Ada-1 for a Rampage Spec and convert it into an in your face bullet hose.

So, Eris's Weekly Vendor Quests are more or less lore enhancement like the Invitations of the Nine.  I'm in even though I know it's a blatant attempt to make her a sympathetic character.  I still don't trust Eris, but I do feel sad for her.

I'm now 920-ish.  Ran my first Hero level Ordeal Nightfall.  Only has a 1.2X Multiplier so they're trying to make it hard to earn 100K this season.  Barrier and Unstoppable Champions can eat all the goat dicks.  Now I have to configure a special load-out just for upper tier Ordeal Nightfalls as if I didn't lug around enough guns already.

Nightmare Hunts are fun if you're not with tryhard who dies a million times trying to get the speed challenge done.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

So this feels weird. I've just had my best game of Comp ever. I got the most kills at 27. Its the last I can recall ever dying. We went 4-2-1. All of this with nearly 95% or so of my kills coming from Crimson in pursuit of the precision HC kills for Luna's Howl. This success is all wonderful, but soooo foreign to me in my least favorite game type (and now only game type) in Comp. I should be celebrating, but it just feels weird.

I've also put in a few good runs in PvP.  I've gotten 10 Kill Streaks in two matches straight since converting to Scout Rifle work and I also have my second Ghost In The Night medal.  I've been trying to build up enough confidence to try the Freelance queue and that may happen this weekend.

I need to jump on Glory while it's early and guys are still running around in Blue armor trying to compete.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Played enough to complete the Flashpoint on the Tangled Shore and that's it

Probably will devote tonight to the Crucible as I have a few quests I almost done with

I will need JT to drag me through a Nightfall since I have a logjam of quests that require a Nightfall completion

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Played enough to complete the Flashpoint on the Tangled Shore and that's it

Probably will devote tonight to the Crucible as I have a few quests I almost done with

I will need JT to drag me through a Nightfall since I have a logjam of quests that require a Nightfall completion

Normal or Ordeal?  Ordeal Nightfalls have Matchmaking so you could let blueberries do the heavy lifting and the low end cap is 750.  Not very hard.  Only one bad modifier.

If it's a "normal" Nightfall, the difficulty has been bumped up to something like 820 LL so you'll need to infuse a bit even though we're not worried about the score at this point.

Edited by J.T.

And HEY~!  I finally got my Assassin's Cowl!  I think the loot tables for PC are just weird.  Eivion was correct about the Cowl being the Hunter reward from Ikora for completing the campaign missions.

I already love Exotics that are not sub-class specific and the invis after hitting a finisher has already saved my ass a dozen times in Nightmare Hunts, so it worth its weight in glimmer.

It's a godsend in PvE but I'll probably continue to run my Foetracer in PvP though, since I am trying to score Jade Rabbit kills,

I don't plan on getting close enough to melee and proc the Cowl's invis and if I am that close, I'll let the Recluse handle that shit.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Normal or Ordeal?  Ordeal Nightfalls have Matchmaking so you could let blueberries do the heavy lifting and the low end cap is 750.  Not very hard.  Only one bad modifier.

I definitely have to do Ordeal - but I didnt realize that had matchmaking

If the Ordeal counts as a "regular" Nightfall completion too then I will be good to go

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I definitely have to do Ordeal - but I didnt realize that had matchmaking

If the Ordeal counts as a "regular" Nightfall completion too then I will be good to go

It's also the Scarlet Keep this week so you have more chances to get a run where you get to hear Eris's commentary on Hashladun and the Hive purges following Oryx's death and it is fucking fascinating!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I hope you remembered to grab the Revoker and Randy's Throwing Knife quests.  If you're going to grind Comp, you may as well start earning points to satisfy the Glory criterium for these quests and then you can get in your sniper and scout rifle murder in later on.

Almost forgot.  Yup, it was the transmission.  I am now the proud and slightly traumatized owner of a 2020 Corolla.

Happy to be in a new set of wheels and learn that my recent relationship ugliness did not bomb my credit score.

Not happy about having a car payment again.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some servers to update and then I will have some dudes to shoot in the head when I get back to the crib.  At least I've got a 3 day weekend coming up (Fuck Christopher Columbus..) and can probably slip outta here early on Friday.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

And HEY~!  I finally got my Assassin's Cowl!  I think the loot tables for PC are just weird.  Eivion was correct about the Cowl being the Hunter reward from Ikora for completing the campaign missions.

I already love Exotics that are not sub-class specific and the invis after hitting a finisher has already saved my ass a dozen times in Nightmare Hunts, so it worth its weight in glimmer.

I had to switch mine out in pursuit of higher power and better stats, but I love the Assassin's Cowl. Having a second manner I can go invisible with was so damn awesome and useful. It saved my ass and my team's asses on multiple missions/events. Its even better since I run with Nightstalker most of the time so I actually had two ways to go invisible.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hope you remembered to grab the Revoker and Randy's Throwing Knife quests.  If you're going to grind Comp, you may as well start earning points to satisfy the Glory criterium for these quests and then you can get in your sniper and scout rifle murder in later on.

Randy's Throwing knife I've had since day 1 or so. I don't recall if I have Revoker or not. I'm not really into snipers generally though I admittedly got decent with them because of Shadowkeep first week where I kept getting quests involving them.

23 hours ago, Eivion said:

Randy's Throwing knife I've had since day 1 or so. I don't recall if I have Revoker or not. I'm not really into snipers generally though I admittedly got decent with them because of Shadowkeep first week where I kept getting quests involving them.

Both the Revoker and the RTK only require you to accumulate Glory.  You don't have to stress out about getting to Fabled rank.

You're working on Luna's which DOES require you to get to Fabled so you may as well meet the Glory requirements for the Revoker and RTK while you're at it.

You can always go back to Classic Mix or one of the Quickplay queues and get your sniper headshots / scout rifle kills in after you've checked the Glory points box.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1