DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I feel that Supers in Comp are something of a necessary evil as I have been one of those guys who has wiped a team with a roaming super and that team was armed to the gills with Crucible Pinnacle Weapons and kicking the shit out of us..  

If the other team has the advantage of weapon meta, your only defense is to time your Supers to steal a round or two.   You'll often see teams try to chain supers to keep the ball rolling, but I usually try to save my Super to a point in the match where I can wipe a team and keep my team in the match.

Knowing when to use your Super in Comp and Rumble is extremely important, especially if the enemy team has a clear weapons and coordination advantage.

Armor 2.0 is being revealed now so expect recaps about that by later this evening

The only thing I caught in the two seconds I watched was there were at least 3 mod slots on all the armor now

Watching the stream now since I've got nothing better to do per say. Things that stand out so fart:

•  Up to 250k glimmer can be carried
  • Power goes over 800
  • 3 mod slots with 10 points to spend between all of them. Cost for some mods does go up 6.
  • mods are no longer used up and stay with you in general to use after learning them
  • new upgrade materials will be needed with Enhancement prisms & Ascendant shards
  • Exotic armor in collection will be 2.0
  • There will be Gunsmith engrams
  • Mods can still be bought from Banshee, but will otherwise come from various engrams
  • Discipline, strengh, & Intellect are back alongside Recovery, Mobility, & Resilience. They will all have ten tiers with points to increase from 0 to 100. Masterworked armor increases all of those points by 2.
  • perks/mods are more tied to specific armor pieces (scavenging & traction in the legs, Reserve ammo, unflinching in the torso, etc.)
  • Ammo finder is tied to weapons opposed to special, primary, & heavy
  • Old armors and mods will still be around so you don't have to convert to 2.0 though breaking down mods will give mod components to buy from Banshee.
  • All Legendary armor dropping and purchased from vendors will be 2.0 come Shadowed Keep.
Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48064

Part 2

Big news is that EVERYTHING will jump to 750 when Shadowkeep hits (which will be the Power Floor)

Luke flat out says "STOP INFUSING THINGS"

We’re setting the Power this Fall to 750 for both returning and new players. We want you to all be together when Shadowkeep opens. Here’s what this means: 
Every single item in the game is being raised to a Power floor of 750 when Shadowkeep and New Light launch. Every item in your inventory (and vault) is going to automatically jump to 750. 
It's like a free global burst of infusion for all players. 

Which means that right now, you could (should!) stop spending currency to infuse your gear sets or that C-tier of weapons that you're keeping around until the patch notes just in case they are going to be good after the changes (there are many buffs coming and it is very tempting to spoil a bunch of them, but I said this wasn’t gonna be the patch notes!).

• Like 1

Thanks to JT's help - got my Izanagi's Burden. Whether I fire a shot with it will be a different story.

We did a Tier 1 Reckoning run with my Warlock just to clear that. What the difference running with one other person can make.

We were murdering so efficiently that the rando who got added couldn't even get all the way in before he was done. (Enjoy your free completion sir!)

The fucking running and back forth from the Hanger to other parts of the Tower for the Vanguard stuff got really old really quick

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Thanks to JT's help - got my Izanagi's Burden. Whether I fire a shot with it will be a different story.

We did a Tier 1 Reckoning run with my Warlock just to clear that. What the difference running with one other person can make.

We were murdering so efficiently that the rando who got added couldn't even get all the way in before he was done. (Enjoy your free completion sir!)

The fucking running and back forth from the Hanger to other parts of the Tower for the Vanguard stuff got really old really quick

Reckoning is SOOOOOO much easier when you don't have to think about conserving abilities or Heavy Ammo for the Bridge of Folly run.  If all you have to worry about is maintaining Dominance so that you can get to the Tier I Boss, you can just cut loose with everything you've got.

I landed the killshot on the Shadow of Oryx with my Super today in Tier III Reckoning, so I finally got the Isn't He Dead Yet? triumph. 

I also finished Sniper Rifle Mastery after landing a couple of long distance brain ventilations in a Control match on Thursday afternoon and in other Crucible news, I completed the 25th Rumble match required for Redrix this morning. 

In the 25 Rumble matches I completed, I placed at least third eighteen times and was in first place three times out of the eighteen.  Not stellar, but not horrible either.  I can't really say whether or not Rumble play is improving my PvP play overall.  Every time I feel I am getting better in QP, I have a match where I am absolutely awful and I can't really explain the sudden decline in quality.

Crucible wise, it will be all about the Comp next week and I can't say that I'm looking forward to the grind.  Hopefully I'll reach Fabled Glory by the end of the week or 25 matches towards the Redrix quest (whatever comes first). Preferably both.

If the gods of war are smiling on me (usually they are not), I will at least get my Recluse before the reset next Tuesday (which will probably be the start of a new IB tournament). 

Recluse or no, I need to knock out the 25 Comp matches during the next reset week so that I can get back to grinding Valor and Crucible bounties on the following week if the IB is up..

After tonight, I've got one more night of graveyard and then I'm done.  Depending on how fucked my body clock is, I may try to make a Zero Hour run on Sunday afternoon after I take my kid back to my ex's..

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and you'll definitely fire a shot with the Burden if you plan on doing the Kills During Izanami Forge Ignition triumph with that weapon or the Study In Obsidian triumph.

It's not easy, but you can solo A Study In Obsidian.  If it wasn't so hard that I could get it done by myself, you should be able to do it as well.

Edited by J.T.

The "Immunity Wall" is being raised from a 50 deficit to a 100 deficit.  It's a buff for PvE because now you can be up to 100 LL below the Recommended Light for a challenge and still do damage, but it is a nerf for Light Enforced PvP matches as the head to head factor for low lights vs. high lights will have a lower cap, making the grind to 800 a necessity if you want to keep your power curve advantage during IBs.

I am also not a big fan of the return of 3v3 Elimination for Comp.  Despite what they say about the scaling of how wins and losses will affect Glory, 3v3 play is far less forgiving than 4v4 so that makes me even less likely to test the Comp waters when Shadowkeep launches. 

I'm even less inclined knowing that Trials is still on hiatus because there is still no release valve to get tryhards out of Comp so that Casuals can MAYBE have a shot at a PvP Pinnacle Weapon without sweating their balls off.

This lights a fire under me to get at least one PvP Pinnacle Weapon under my belt before the end of the season because I have a feeling that the PvP Pinnacle Weapon grind under the new season is going to be even more toxic than the current one and if I am going to compete in Comp when Shadowkeep drops, I need to be armed with PvP Pinnacle Weapons from the get go.  Load-Out will be of the utmost importance.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm even less inclined knowing that Trials is still on hiatus because there is still no release valve to get tryhards out of Comp so that Casuals can MAYBE have a shot at a PvP Pinnacle Weapon without sweating their balls off.

Datto mentioned they emphasized the Nine when talking about trials staying on hiatus. Sounds like they may have something new on the horizon they just haven't announced yet. That was actually the thing with all the info they have given. Even with how much we got, they implied there is a ton more to share and let be discovered.

I'm just happy the they will try to take skill into account. I'm not a great PvP player, but I tend to be the top 2 of my teams whenever it comes to Comp. I'm mostly stuck in Brave because I can;t get a half decent team for more than one match.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm just happy the they will try to take skill into account. I'm not a great PvP player, but I tend to be the top 2 of my teams whenever it comes to Comp. I'm mostly stuck in Brave because I can;t get a half decent team for more than one match.

Yeah, but they are also marrying up Glory Rank with Skill and that may still end up being the drizzling shits. 

Theoretically, there should come a point where you just plateau and are either being put up against teams that are evenly matched, or teams that fucking stuff you when you try to improve your ranking.  

If that plateau is lower than the rank cap you need to complete a quest, then you're fucked.  That's probably what is ahead of me as I chase this Recluse.  I may have a historic run and get to 1100 only to have a 50 / 50 percentage and be stuck at 1100 Glory.  That sucks when you need to get to 2K Glory points for the Recluse.  Losing streaks are major setbacks.

That's why I like the Revoker bounty.  You need to amass 3800 Glory points total and you don't lose any points you've accumulated when you lose.  As long as you can get a win every now and then and keep building your point total, eventually you will succeed.  

That's also the reason why I like the Redrix's Broadsword bounty.  All I have to do is compete; I don't need wins.

The Recluse bounty is definitely going to test my skill and patience so let's hope I am not n short supply of either.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I really hope Equinox is one of them. I hate that map so damn much.

Bah.  Equinox is one or the three maps where I can regularly expect to get two or three sniper rifle kills for my Revoker quest.

If any map needs to go or be returned to it's original design, It's Bannerfall.  God, I hate that map in its present form.  It needs to go back to having its original sight lines so that it is a better 6v6 map.

Edited by J.T.

Boss is probably going to comp me a half a day so that I can have time to readjust my body clock after being on graveyard for half a month.

I'll probably be on solo grinding Comp around lunchtime this afternoon until I can't stand it. 

Don't really care about wins or losses at this point.  I just want to clear the 25 matches for the Redrix quest and get as much Glory rank as I can and then get back to doing Crucible bounties and pushing towards my fifth rollover. 

This is as close as I've ever been to a fifth Valor rollover and If I don't do it this season it probably won't get done, so I may as well get the Redrix for my troubles in addition to the Triumph.

Edited by J.T.

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This is as close as I've ever been to a fifth Valor rollover and If I don't do it this season it probably won't get done, so I may as well get the Redrix for my troubles in addition to the Triumph.

You have 6 weeks left in the season with two promised IB/Double Valor weeks coming.

If you don't get 5 resets it is because you snapped your game in half

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You have 6 weeks left in the season with two promised IB/Double Valor weeks coming.

If you don't get 5 resets it is because you snapped your game in half

I am a sweaty casual that is chock full of OCD.  There is never enough time to get done what needs to get done.

I got my Purple solstice armor for my Warlock yesterday.

While the EAZ goals were way easier to do now - the problem is almost no one is playing it.

Multiple times it was just me and one other dude as getting a full 3 was dicey.

I need to find time this week to polish off the Gambit in Opulent armor Triumph since this is the last week. I think I also need like 5 more boons to get the emblem 

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got my Purple solstice armor for my Warlock yesterday.

While the EAZ goals were way easier to do now - the problem is almost no one is playing it.

I figure that the EAZ should be a ghost town since this week coming up is the last one for SoT.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I need to find time this week to polish off the Gambit in Opulent armor Triumph since this is the last week. I think I also need like 5 more boons to get the emblem 

I gave a shit about completing Tribute Hall until I found out that the X Marks The Spot reward is just a fucking exotic emote.

I will still do my best to get the raid clears, obtain a PvP Pinnacle Weapon, and make a successful Zero Hour run to get the MMXiX seal, but I don't feel compelled to get the raids done with Calus / Leviathan gear equipped in order to double cover the Tribute Hall requirements.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I gave a shit about completing Tribute Hall until I found out that the X Marks The Spot reward is just a fucking exotic emote.

You didn't know that already?

I am just trying to get to 45 Triumphs to get my Bad Juju catalyst.

The Gambit one will get me to 44.

Then it will be either grinding Nightfalls till the end of time or getting Whisper and Outbreak

So no good options

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You didn't know that already?

Nope.  I wanted to be surprised because I stupidly hoped it would be something cool like another mini-quest.

I got the Thrifty emblem and beat the Only The Essentials challenge, so I think I am good with Tribute Hall shit.

I am just trying to get to 45 Triumphs to get my Bad Juju catalyst.

The Gambit one will get me to 44.

Then it will be either grinding Nightfalls till the end of time or getting Whisper and Outbreak

I'd chose to grind Nightfalls depending on how many you need to do.  There are probably a shit ton of players still doing 100Ks this week.

There are folks out there who will help carry you through Whisper or Outbreak for free if you are not afraid to dip your toe in the LFG waters.

OH! JT - if we do manage to get on at the same time this week

I need to run 5 strikes with you to masterwork this piece of armor on my Warlock

It's a normal work week, so I will be on most evenings after dinnertime grinding Competitive.  Hit me up when you're online, preferably before I rage quit after getting my ass beat by a full fireteam of guys running on shitty, laggy, Ukranian broadband.

Edited by J.T.

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There are folks out there who will help carry you through Whisper or Outbreak for free if you are not afraid to dip your toe in the LFG waters.

Well we can do Outbreak together if we grab a third

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well we can do Outbreak together if we grab a third

Let's plan on doing that real soon.  I'll be laser focused mostly on Comp, so msg me if you want to make a run during the week.  This weekend isn't my custody time, so I will be on and off all day on Saturday and Sunday.

I have to get some yardwork done at my mom's crib because her lawn is off the fucking chain thanks to the rain last week, but it's been too fucking hot to cut grass the last few days.

I tapped out extra early last night, but it wasn't because of rage.

• Got stuck with dumb blueberries in my first Comp match last night and then went on to a four match win streak as a solo.  It was one of those rare nights when I played really well in the Crucible.  I'm sitting at Brave I now (486 points) and knocked out both of the Season 7 Glory triumphs.   I was tempted to play a sixth match to see if I could get the Glory Max Win Streak triumph, but in the distance could I could hear Azteccross, CammyCakes, and Datto screaming "QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD, ASSHOLE~!  WAIT UNTIL AFTER RESET FOR THE FREE GLORY POINTS BUMP AND THEN GO IN WITH A FUCKING TEAM TO GET THAT FIFTH WIN~!" so I listened to my gut for once and decided to knock out the Vanilla Gambit DC.
  • My Vanilla Gambit team fucking trounced our competition 2-0.  We had a really good invader and I Blade Barraged both of our Prime Evils into orbs.   I got a Half Banked medal and a Last Guardian Standing medal for my effort.  After that performance I was like, "I don't want to press my luck, so I think I'm done playing for the night." I listened to my still wretched body clock and crashed about a half hour after RAW came on.

I slept from eight thirty last night until around six thirty this morning.  My biochemistry is still in a state of total disarray, but I am adjusting a little better every day.  I should be back to normal by the weekend.

I will most likely be on this afternoon after the hard reset and jump straight into LFG to get a Comp team together.  If my team is on a roll, we'll play until we get to Fabled but I will break up the team if we take two losses in a row.  When you feel yourself slumping, you need to walk away and keep the points you have in your pocket.

Edited by J.T.

I got my Gambit Triumph last night - helped that my first match was the 2nd best Gambit match I ever had. Banked over half my team's motes, killed 10 people while invading (including an Army of One), got two denied medals and we won. (The only one better was the one where I got the two Army of Ones in the same match)

Also got my maximum discount so I really don't have to do fucking anything again for the Triumph Hall. Stupid Bad Juju catalyst

I am working late tonight so I might only be on for like a hour... if at all.