DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bungie says the Blind Well should be fixed now

Good.  I got my speed run down for this week's AC, so I need to complete Blind Well to get my 10th Weekly Challenge completion for the MoTs..

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also apparently the Triumph attached to Valor in the Crucible is basically you have to win 20 matches as opposed to wins streaks giving extra bonus

Now this is all based on a Mr. Fruit video but I figure its true (I also was reminded this morning why I don't watch Mr. Fruit videos)

Good information because I have to grind some Crucible to unlock another Tribute for Bad Juju since I refuse to buy Tributes from the vendor without my max discount.

And yeah, I hate Mr. Fruit's channel.  Most of the D2 YouTubers I subscribe to are funny without trying to be and Mr. Fruit just tries too hard to amuse and all he does is annoy me.

So the Secret Triumphs for the Tribute hall are:

• High Roller:  Meet 100K Threshold Score for a Nightfall with Callus-themed gear (I rolled with full Leviathan weapons and armor).  *done*
  • Only The Essentials - Complete the mission "The Other Side" (the Bad Juju acquisition mission) solo without dying.
  • Not sure of the name but you already knew that it involved completing all of the Tribute Hall triumphs.

Three days and no takers on the Rat King grind.   I'll put up a LFG through the D2 app rather than Xbox LFG and if I have another round of zero interest, I'll just do the Flashpont and Io DC by myself and keep knocking out the Weekly Challenges and grinding MoT and Tribute Hall Triumphs.

You need to be on when I am on. I think I just missed you last night.

I am home today so I played some this AM. I am grinding the Gambit and Strike Triumphs

I decided I never am going to do the 50 precision kills in strikes without dying again.

It takes far too long since dudes keep kill stealing and I keep getting the fucking Corrupted strike

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You need to be on when I am on. I think I just missed you last night.

I am home today so I played some this AM. I am grinding the Gambit and Strike Triumphs

I decided I never am going to do the 50 precision kills in strikes without dying again.

It takes far too long since dudes keep kill stealing and I keep getting the fucking Corrupted strike

I'll be on tonight after dinner, so I will get with you if you want to run Rat King / Blind Well.

At some point, I also need to get two more successful Reckoning runs in.

I have completed the Tribute Hall Triumphs for Nightfall Thresholds, Vanguard Strikes, and Gambit critters and I am halfway through the PvP kills Triumphs for Gambit and The Crucible.  It will take years to finish the Infamy and Valor grinds.

Getting 50 PKs in Strikes Is dirt simple if you play conservatively.  I am sure my fireteam members probably hate my guts for doing this, but I usually sandbag on the randos and stay a good distance away from my targets while using my Austringer and Beloved to get headshots. 

I average around 60% - 70% PKs in one strike and I stay in the queue and try to finish the bounty in the following strike. 

Since I use a sniper rifle most of the time, I am the one doing the kill stealing instead of the other way around.

If The Corrupted comes up, I sometimes bail on the Fireteam since it is hard to stay alive during elevator run and the first phase of the boss fight when that Taken army ninjas out of thin air and just pelts you and your team with ghost bullets.

Edited by J.T.

48 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If The Corrupted comes up, I sometimes bail on the Fireteam since it is hard to stay alive during elevator run and the first phase of the boss fight when that Taken army ninjas out of thin air and just pelts you and your team with ghost bullets.

This was my breaking point today

We load in and the first part of the Corrupted is actually really good for racking up the kills. So we murder everyone and I am thinking "Hmm... I should bail (which I rarely do)" in that moment I see that SoandSo (whatever the fuck his name was) received a Boon of Opulence and I was like "Fuck" and yup the dude instantly bails out.

So I looked and I was only like 10 kills away and I didn't want to bail other sap. So we go into the next room and the dude nudges me off the ledge and I instantly get meleed and died since Blackout was on.

So much murderous rage

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Finally got the 21%Delirium last night and I think I'm one or two medals away from Hush. It will be nice to finally see that one done.

I am definitely less than 100 kills away on Hush. Medals will take a little bit more time

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This was my breaking point today

We load in and the first part of the Corrupted is actually really good for racking up the kills. So we murder everyone and I am thinking "Hmm... I should bail (which I rarely do)" in that moment I see that SoandSo (whatever the fuck his name was) received a Boon of Opulence and I was like "Fuck" and yup the dude instantly bails out.

So I looked and I was only like 10 kills away and I didn't want to bail other sap. So we go into the next room and the dude nudges me off the ledge and I instantly get meleed and died since Blackout was on.

So much murderous rage

Wow, that is such bs. I never bail unless I go into a strike on accident, and fuck that guy who got you killed. I hate dying due to incompetent and/or asshole teammates.

The announced that Mercury will be the FP next week because of course

Also full curse next week so Shattered Throne is back so I will need JT to drag my ass through that

Got my Bad Juju this morning

The mission itself isn't bad - since there is no timer and and you can respawn atwill.

Doing it flawless and solo is going to take some work. More because there are some bits were you can easily get pushed off the platforms.

The cursed dog things can eat a back of dicks too.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, RIPPA said:

Got my Bad Juju this morning

The mission itself isn't bad - since there is no timer and and you can respawn atwill.

Doing it flawless and solo is going to take some work. More because there are some bits were you can easily get pushed off the platforms.

The cursed dog things can eat a back of dicks too.

I almost soloed it flawlessly as a Thousand Cuts Hunter with a Malfeasance / Oxygen SR3 / Hammerhead load-out on Saturday.  The enemies aren't hard to kill, but Bungie seems to like spawning shit all around you to make you scramble for cover.  It's definitely not a scenario designed to be soloed, hence the 200 point Triumph. I use Malfeasance for the Damage to Taken bonus and the Oxygen as a baby sniper with the additional add clearing Dragonfly perk.

I chose Hammerhead as my Power Weapon since Taken Wizards have Void Shields and they're the most annoying enemies on the board, with Taken Minos coming in at a very close second.

If I can get past the Phalanx enemies trying to boop me off of the statue and the Thrall Swarm in the second zone with the Captain, I am usually GTG to reach the final stage.   I have chumped these parts by jumping back to a safe area where my Blade Barrage can get back to full.

I can get to the end, but I can never seem to avoid being shredded by the Shriekers that spawn on the high watchtowers after you kill the shit ton of Cursed Thalls that spawn on the steps during the Feed The Essence checkpoint. 

I need to find a better vantage point at the Broken Temple where I can fight with some semblance of a distance advantage.

Since this encounter technically takes place on the Leviathan, any of the special Leviathan armor mods you get from the final Menagerie chest or that are already on as perks for Leviathan raid armor will be of great benefit to you.  

Having Shielding Hand (20% Damage Shield after scoring a Melee Kill) and Helping Hand (Chance for Power Ammo after a Melee kill) mods on my Opulent armor make the Taken Warbeast part almost trivial.  I just stab them to death, get my damage shield, and leave any Heavy armor that drops on the ground for use on the Taken Minos that spawn during the Second Stage and the Ogre and Wizards that spawn before you get access to the final fight.

I would recommend either obtaining and equipping a few of the mods from Menagerie on a set of Opulent armor, the cosmetic Bright Dust armor for this season, or the Iron Banner armor for this season or creating a full set of Leviathan raid armor infused to as high LL as you can get it to give you an added advantage for this mission.

It is annoying to have come soooooooo close like three times and then die quickly to bullshit poof spawns.  I know I can eventually crack the code and beat the mission to get Bad Juju rather than beat it with Bad Juju, but the question now is how much do I want to torture myself for the sake of pride and OCD?

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, RIPPA said:

Also full curse next week so Shattered Throne is back so I will need JT to drag my ass through that

We may have to do it during the week.  My relationship may be shit, but I still get my kid this coming weekend and I think we are going to do a full blown father / daughter re-bonding thing. 

Our therapy will probably be roller coasters.   Lots and lots of roller coasters. I thought about making it a day trip to Willamsburg for pancakes and Busch Gardens, but there are one or two coasters at KD that I haven't ridden yet so we may head there instead.

If we're going to do Shattered Throne, we may as well try to get you your Wish Ender or at least run the dungeon to kick it off.   As long as we re-run Shattered Throne before the end of the Strongest Curse week to finish the quest, we should be okay.

With MoT going on, I am not sure if this is a good time to chase down the lore items in the dungeon.  There are probably too many players chasing down the MMXiX seal to bother with fetchit bullshit right now.

Oh and barely anyone runs Heroic Menagerie without a shit ton of I Will Check bullshit so I have resigned myself to the notion that I may never get a Goldtusk.... which is sorta fine since my Sure-Hand has great perks.

I would put up a LFG for a HM run myself if I weren't afraid of dying of old age before anyone responded.

Oh, and Rippa, if we could do some more Rat King catalyst stuff at some point, that would be awesome!  The catalyst for Sweet Business requires getting multikills of four or more enemies, so I may have to run solo ECs to grind the catalyst to completion when I have time to just mess around.

I need a shattered throne completion and I think I still have the Ascendent challenge of killing the Ogre in the Shattered Throne too.

Getting Wish Ender would just be a bonus.

I can definitely help with Rat King. I am actually pissed at myself since I forgot that since you were using Rat King too I could have been completing the quest on my Warlock. We did like everything BUT the quest step I am on (which is the start where it is just patrols).

Not sure it will be tonight since I am working late. Probably wont get on till 8 and then it will only be for like a hour.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not sure it will be tonight since I am working late. Probably wont get on till 8 and then it will only be for like a hour.

I am a bit burned out from VM training, so I will probably be on long enough for a few Menagerie runs and then I will call it quits pretty early in the evening.

I unlocked the Tribute Hall triumph for Crucible player kills on Saturday and that was the Golden Tribute that put me over the Bonus to make the Bad Juju available.  

I'm pretty close to the Gambit player kills triumph, but I am not playing any Gambit or Crucible until after the hard reset if I can help it.  If there are Opulent Boon bounties available from the Visage this afternoon, I may extend play time long enough to score on more vendor discounts.

Edited by J.T.

Got Bad Juju last night. That solo mission was kind of annoying for the ridiculous amounts of enemies. I actually might have gotten the secret triumph, but I got taken out once early by those damn sniping taken. I like the gun so far though I don't see it becoming a norm for me right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Got Bad Juju last night. That solo mission was kind of annoying for the ridiculous amounts of enemies. I actually might have gotten the secret triumph, but I got taken out once early by those damn sniping taken. I like the gun so far though I don't see it becoming a norm for me right now.

If you're talking about the ones near the Wizard boss, I usually jump to the area where the Wizard and Phalanxes spawn and then immediately jump back to the high ledge where I came from.  Then I use the Oxygen SR3 to baby snipe the Vandals and bug bite the Wizard to death.

Bungie likes to use a lot of flash spawns in that scenario so if you plan on soloing it flawlessly, you'll be doing a lot of spawn coaxing and retreating.  A scout rifle or a sniper will come in handy for squish Hunters trying to solo that shit.

I am stubborn, so I will take a few more shots at soloing that mission flawlessly to earn Bad Juju rather than doing the mission while using Bad Juju.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I might just do Gambit if you aren’t on since I am super close to Hush (like I need like 25 precision kills and am like 90% on medals)

I crapped out after three Menagerie runs and watched RAW until it was time for bed.  I finally earned enough Imperials to masterwork my Chalice last night and the upgraded properties of the Chalice are pretty awesome. 

Once you open the final chest to invoke the powers of your Chalice, there is a small chance of receiving a duplicate item of the one you are crafting so you have a second chance at getting an item with the perks you want.  That's in addition to getting one of your slotted runes returned to you and receiving a rune as rewards instead of Imperials.

Now I know why Bungie wanted to fix that Menagerie chest glitch.    I re-rolled my cloak and got one with Better Already / Heavy Ammo Finder so now I have three armor pieces that are close to Min / Max.  

My gauntlets have Kinetic Weapon Loader / Heavy Ammo Finder and my helmet has Enhanced Ashes To Assets / Grenade Launcher Reserves.   If I can get boots with Traction and an Ammo Finder perk and chest armor with a broad category weapon aim perk and an ammo finder perk, I'll be GTG.

I am at 75% or so for Medals for the Hush quest.   I should probably get serious about it since I still have open Tribute Hall triumphs for earning Infamy and getting player kills while wearing / using Calus gear.

Edited by J.T.

I stopped last night being at 94% medals

I started playing like a dick just to get any sort of medal

I WILL DEPOSIT MY ONE MOTE RIGHT AWAY TO GET FIRST TO BANK!!!

I hate myself

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I stopped last night being at 94% medals

I started playing like a dick just to get any sort of medal

I WILL DEPOSIT MY ONE MOTE RIGHT AWAY TO GET FIRST TO BANK!!!

I hate myself

I am sure your team hated you too.

High quality medals earn more progress so if you really wanted to be a dick, you'd hog heavy and invade every chance you go so that you could take a shot at earning Army Of One medals while using Truth.

I've gotten three AoO medals in one match thanks to Truth.  I nearly earned the Embrace the Dark triumph, but the entire team bolted in four directions after I wiped them the first time, so I couldn't splash them all at once to get the Primeval past 75% healed.

Edited by J.T.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I told you that Truth broke Gambit

It has pros and cons.   Ammo count and availability of Power Ammo make it not quite the most efficient choice for an Invasion weapon, but you can fire three tracking, high velocity, high blast radius shots without reloading and that is nasty.

The Heavy Ammo finder perks on my Opulent armor are already worth their weight in gold as I can get Purple to drop for me during Gambit matches fairly regularly without having to hog the Power Weapon Spawns.   The more members of my team that have Power Ammo, the better.

Sometimes I prefer to use it as an Invader Buster rather than an Invasion weapon.  I've noticed that once a team realizes that someone on your team has a Truth and have the ability to nuke an Invader before he can kill any members of your team, they think twice before going on offense.

Once I can see that the other team is gun shy and goes back to hoarding motes, that's when I hog heavy and start invading to go for party wipes and mote denial.

Using Truth is particularly evil in Gambit Prime.  I've wiped entire teams with one or two Truth shots during the Charged Light phase when they're clumped together and trying to kill their Primeval.

The problem with that is I kill the team too quickly and don't give myself a chance to emote after getting a kill with less than ten seconds on my timer.   There's a triumph in it for you if you can do that a few times.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I always forget to emote and I get irritated that I forgot

I have started using Riskrunner more to work on the catalyst and yeah it is a nice acceptable alternative to not having Recluse

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I always forget to emote and I get irritated that I forgot

I have started using Riskrunner more to work on the catalyst and yeah it is a nice acceptable alternative to not having Recluse

I've completed the player kills part of the Stuff of Legends triumph so I could grind Comp for my Recluse at any time to complete the second part of that triumph, but I wanted to try to get more sniper rifle kill progress towards the Revoker and then make one Comp grind for two weapons.

Now that MoT is here, I may just bite the bullet one weekend and try to make a Fabled Glory run for the Recluse and knock out that Crucible Pinnacle Weapon triumph.   I'll definitely hit up LFG to find a team should I pull the trigger on that since grinding Comp solo is a maddening experience.

The points I earn from that will still count towards the Revoker quest and once the Comp Points box is checked for the Revoker bounty, I can go back to trying to get sniper rifle kills in Quickplay.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Obviously I would wait for a double Glory week before going for it

Oh, no doubt.  I may play Comp in small doses to try to build some Glory and get my skill level up, but I won't make a full blown run for Fabled unless I can earn Bonus Glory.

Even with BG involved, Comp grinds are a pain in the ass since there are one or two Round Play modes in there that slow down your progress.

I fucking hate Countdown because it takes forever to finish a match and Survivor isn't much better unless you are on a shitty team that gets totally outclassed by pro players.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Damn.  If I manage to get Bad Juju, I really will have to get serious about completing Zero Hour and getting my hands on the Outbreak Perfected.

I have seen solo guides for Zero Hour, but I know I am nowhere near good enough at platforming to make that run by myself.

I will have to see if I can get a Sherpa or two to help me with the route.

Edited by J.T.