DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Three more to go!  Better keep going as long as you can stand it to take the best advantage of Bonus Valor.

Yeah - I am already a quarter of the way through the 3rd

With the help of bounties - I should be close to the next one by the time IB ends

Oh I forgot to mention I actually have for either the first time ever or in a long damn while finished all of my IB bounties. I just haven't turned any in yet since I wanted to try and complete the armor quests first. Haven;t looked in a while, but I probably have around 400 tokens by now. I already had 80 or something from last season. Hopefully all the shredding I do tomorrow or Monday gets me a good dozen or more enhancement cores.

Yeah - I dont think I am finishing the Armor Quests this go around because once I finish grenade kills it is the fucking various weapons step and that is gonna take awhile

I spent the evening unlocking Bergusia (and also finishing up the last Menagerie bounty I have)

I am officially at the RNG mercy now as I need to wait for a Rare bounty to drop from Ada

I also will be stuck for awhile until I can get JT to drag me through the Shattered Throne

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I dont think I am finishing the Armor Quests this go around because once I finish grenade kills it is the fucking various weapons step and that is gonna take awhile.

When you get to the fourth quest step start with Swords. As I said it doesn't take nearly as many kills. The other weapons; snipers, fusion rifles, auto-rifles, and scout rifles are practically the norm for Crucible this season. You should get progress on them even without going to heavily into using them just due to to other players on you teams using them.

• Like 1

Finally finished up the IB quest. Fusion Rifles took a bit of getting used to, but they are ok once you do. Sniping sucks, but like sword kills, doesn't take too many to finish off. The final step isn't so bad as log as you can manage a winning streak. I knocked it out in 5-8 matches. By the time I used by bounties I had nearly 600 IB tokens.  Didn't get any great rolls for my play style, but whats there is decent enough. 

Now I'm trying to decided whether or not to bother with the triumph. I probably will, but I may just wait until next time IB comes around if only to take a damn break from it. I played way the hell too damn much of it this week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am officially at the RNG mercy now as I need to wait for a Rare bounty to drop from Ada

That shouldn't take long.  There is a rumor that your chances of getting a BA bounty are better if you are using BA gear or are doing a forge ignition, but that shit is probably random.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I also will be stuck for awhile until I can get JT to drag me through the Shattered Throne

Sorry, man.   The Curse will be strongest next week, but I will be in Jamaica under a strict no Xbox policy from this coming Tuesday to the following Monday..  By the time I get back, the Curse will be weak again.

Translation:  I'm not going through the hassle of getting my console back and forth through Customs, nor to I want to be enraged to the point of setting the resort on fire if my shit gets stolen.

If you want me to run it with you, you'll have to wait another three weeks.  I know it sucks, but I really need a vacation.

The one or two people I used to hang with in DARPA are running Menagerie stuff right now, so they probably couldn't be arsed to go back to the Shattered Throne, even though I don't think any of them have chased down the lore items in the mega dungeon.

Just keep grinding your Light and improving your weapons and we'll find a way to get through the dungeon.  We can even shoot for getting you a Wish Ender if you are feeling particularly masochistic.

Edited by J.T.

I'll be on tonight trying to get a Gambit Prime win while wearing my Notorious Sentry armor and then it will be IB until I can't stand it.

I only have the Ability Kill bounty left and if that doesn't get done tonight, it's not getting done.

The Supers / Melee / Grenades bounty is not even close to done, so that will stay in my Pursuits queue until the next tournament unless I am on teams tonight that go apeshit and get a million grenade kills.

I ran Menagerie last night and my dudes got the triumph for clearing The Hunted with time on the clock.  We were THIS CLOSE to getting the Arkborne triumph, but four of us wiped to the final boss and we didn't have enough time on the clock or people on the ground to DPS the last Wizard.

I crafted the shotgun, the machine gun, and the fusion rifle and got the triumph for making at least one of each Menagerie weapon.  I guess I should thinking about how to make Opulent Hunter armor, but I really want to get a Menagerie MG with a good roll since it is one of the few Solar heavies out there and I am hesitant to depend on my Whisper now that it's been nerfed.

Edited by J.T.

Almost forgot.   I located the last Confessions lore entry in the normal version Menagerie. 

There are five left, so they are undoubtedly located somewhere in the Heroic Menagerie.

Ugh

If I have to fucking grind the forges - the game could at least give me Jotunn

I am in the 80th percentile on grenade kills so that will be continued after lunch

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ugh

If I have to fucking grind the forges - the game could at least give me Jotunn

I am in the 80th percentile on grenade kills so that will be continued after lunch

IIRC, Jotunn is a RNG reward for the Bergusia Forge only, unless they changed that shit in a sandbox patch.  

Le Monarque should be the RMG reward for Gofannon.

I wouldn't bother grinding Volundr or Izanami until you get your hands on Jotunn, and Izanami's burden.  

I'd grind Bergusia until Jotunn dropped and I'd grind Gofannon until I got a Le Monaque.

Edited by J.T.

I am guessing the Nightfalls didn't properly change over or something

It is interesting because someone had pointed out to Bungie that a few of the strikes hadn't been Nightfalls in forever (specifically Lake of Shadows - as someone said that hadn't shown up in like over 2 months)

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So what is up with today's major maintenance?

They have to start working on backend stuff for Shadowkeep - specifically for cross save

Per all the streamers I watch - they say to expect a few more maintenance windows like this this summer

But yeah - unless they finish earlier - I won't be playing today

Finally got the Truth and Last Word. The Truth is an evil PvP weapon and I'm glad its finally on my side. Haven't tried the Last Word yet since i'm still completing Lumina, but a plague upon the house of the bastards who made that final draw step. The margin of era on that one sucked so damn much and was pissing me off. On the other hand it still wasn't bad as the multiple jump quests  bastards keep designing for shit so maybe I should save my curses for those people.

I got Lumina last night.

Thought it would take me longer to get my "Not on My Watch" medal but the second Gambit match I played as soon as the first invasion hit I charged the dude with Truth and got it done.

It actually took longer to do the hand cannon kills in Crucible because most people are already done with the quest and have gone back to sniping so most of my points had to come from my own kills.

49 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm still on the fireteam leader step for Lumina. That invader one sounds like such a pain in the ass. I supposed I will need Truth for that.

I got giant chunks of credit doing Menagerie runs on Fireteam Leader - depending on how many other people were doing it, you could get up to 30% in one completion

The other popular strategy is to do Lake of Shadows because you can race past everything and do the strike in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1