DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I have had zero luck with the Menagerie now that I have a few solid recipes under my belt.  The Austringers and Beloveds I tried to make were all garbage.

I did manage to get two or three Imperials event rewards last night so I am sitting on a batch of about 2K and am waiting for this week's bounties so that I can unlock the Blue Rune slot.

Goldtusk, here I come!

Why is it that I got Quickdraw as a perk for two of the Austringers that I didn't want it on, but I didn't get it on the Drang I tried to make?

Being able to quickly swap from Sturm to Drang is the key to having nigh infinite ammo, so anything that helps you swap weapons faster (Quickdraw, Quick Access Sling mod from the Black Armory) is the key to disturbing amounts of weapon synergy.

I finally successfully upgraded my synthesizer as I finally made a bunch of successful Tier II reckoning runs.

Of course RNG hates me and gave me I think it was FOUR gauntlets in a row.

Also knocked out my first Valor reset.

Doubt I will get on today as I have to work late which is just as well because the rest of the week will be IB all the time

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also knocked out my first Valor reset.

If you grind IB for the entire week, you should get at least one more reset before next Tuesday.  Maybe 2 if you can maintain win streaks.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Doubt I will get on today as I have to work late which is just as well because the rest of the week will be IB all the time

I will be on long enough to finish whatever Daily or Weekly Challenges I have left.

I'll might even try to find some LFG randos trying to run the Truth NS's so t can pad my completions.

Just a reminder that I probably won't be on at all any of next week as we'll be celebrating my boo's birthday in Jamaica.   

We bounce on the 25th and we'll back on July 2nd just in time to chill and then go see Spider-Man:  Far From Home and then it's back to work.

That reminds me - I can't even get the Truth quest yet because I have yet to "beat" Forsaken

So I did kill two more Barons yesterday - I think I have three more to go.

I have been dragging my feet mainly because I really don't want to do that final battle again

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That reminds me - I can't even get the Truth quest yet because I have yet to "beat" Forsaken

So I did kill two more Barons yesterday - I think I have three more to go.

I have been dragging my feet mainly because I really don't want to do that final battle again

?

I thought that the Truth was good across all accounts.  You beat it once then all of your characters should have access to it, right?

Edited by J.T.

I have to wait for a new Ascendant Challenge before I can continue Truth. They started it on the only damn one I haven't legit beaten yet. I really do think quest designers have a hard of hate for Hunters with all the damn jump challenges

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

I have to wait for a new Ascendant Challenge before I can continue Truth. They started it on the only damn one I haven't legit beaten yet. I really do think quest designers have a hard of hate for Hunters with all the damn jump challenges

No no - do this week.

There is a super easy way to do it no matter the class where you can get the time trial done in conjunction with completing the AC

The video a page or two back is a great guide for how to do it.

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No no - do this week.

There is a super easy way to do it no matter the class where you can get the time trial done in conjunction with completing the AC

The video a page or two back is a great guide for how to do it.

I'll try it, but i have my doubts it will work well for me.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Thanks for that. Didn't do the speed run, but I managed to finish it off after 2-3 fails. Finally got all of the corrupted eggs form that one as well.

I made a successful solo speed run for this AC.  Here were my keys to Hunter victory for the Agronach Abyss..

1. We have shitty jumps,  Embrace it and always have a pair of STOMPEE5's handy.  It will make the platforming for AC's like this one and the Shattered Ruins much easier to deal with.
  2. Speed run first.  Lore second.  Once you complete the AC for speed, you can always go back for bones and eggs.
  3. If you fail and you're serious about making a speed run, go to orbit.  It can be time consuming, but most Conventional Wisdom says that the clock starts once you enter the portal for the first time.  The clock keeps running after every failure so if you are serious about a speed run, return to orbit after you die and try again.  I'm not sure if speed runs still count if you make another attempt after successfully completing the challenge, but fail the time trial.  I'll have to test that one day.
  4. Use a Roaming Super, preferably Spectral Blades, and pop it as soon as you land.   You will mow through the Shadow Thralls that the two Taken Wizard bosses create and you'll do quite a bit of damage to the bosses as well.
  5. Have plenty of heavy ammo.  After your Super runs out, lean on your Power Weapon to finish the job.  I personally recommend Hammerhead because I like HMGs and I tend to blow myself up more often than not when I use a Rocket Launcher.
  6. Ignore the Blights.   Yep, I said it.  You can see them, so you can avoid them.  Sticking around to blow them up just eats time off of the clock.  Put priority on making your jumps and killing the bosses.

I got a CALUS Mini-Tool with the curated roll last night!

Unfortunately, the curated roll is Eye of the Storm / Underdog.  A PvE roll that is the most effective when you are nearly dead.

Even if I got a really good roll, I probably wouldn't use it that much anyway since I haven't played enough Comp to get the MIDA catalyst to drop for me and I'd definitely wouldn't use that particular roll for the CMT V.2 in the Crucible..  

If I got a better roll for the CMT in the Menagerie, I might get serious about using it if the catalyst for the MIDA dropped for me during my Revoker / Recluse double grind. 

Right now, I'm just happy I got it because it is the third weapon I needed to craft for the Chalcice weapons triumph.  Now I need to get Blue runes for the HMG, the Shotty, and the Fusion Rifle recipes.

I'm in the same boat with the new Drang that I am with the CMT.  If I get a really good roll for Drang (Baroque), I will re-create Sturm from my Collections and start using that combo more often.

Edited by J.T.

I played long enough to get another Crucible rank knocked out and complete the daily bounties.

I am at 89% on the Thorn Hand Cannon/Void step. Since experience is doubled in IB I should probably finish that step tonight and torment JT at some point before he leaves on vacation because the special version of Savathûn's Song awaits

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since experience is doubled in IB I should probably finish that step tonight and torment JT at some point before he leaves on vacation because the special version of Savathûn's Song awaits

I will hate every minute of that, but at least I know of one strat we can use to cheese the strike.

I will be embarking on a mission of sadness after reset as I try to get a win while wearing a full set of Notorious Invader armor. 

I imagine I will get paired up with idiots that bank first and get yeeted by the other team's blockers and I will never get the opportunity to invade and deny motes.  I'll always be the one trying to keep the other team's Primeval healthy in the futile effort to keep my squad of dummies in the match.

Mr. Fruit is late to the LoW Meta game..

Maybe it's me, but I don't find Mr. Fruit's schtick particularly funny.  Azteccross is a billion times more entertaining when he's trying to be perfectly serious and analytical about the LoW meta.

Edited by J.T.

With last night I finally have a full set of Notorious Reaper Armor. Doesn't quite have the rolls I want, but its still nice to get it out of the way. I assume there is a triumph for going all in with a full set of armor for either Gambit Prime or Reckoning. I should probably try to knock whichever one it is after I look later today.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eivion said:

With last night I finally have a full set of Notorious Reaper Armor. Doesn't quite have the rolls I want, but its still nice to get it out of the way. I assume there is a triumph for going all in with a full set of armor for either Gambit Prime or Reckoning. I should probably try to knock whichever one it is after I look later today.

Yep, there is a triumph associated for getting win while wearing a full set of Notorious armor for each GP speciality  (Invader, Reaper, Collector, Sentry).

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

My first two GP matches as a Notorious Invader were wins!   I didn't get too many kills per invasion, but I did manage to kack enough 15 mote carriers to make the others hide when I used the portal and that is usually enough to get your side a victory.

One match got to the point where I had the other team so far behind in the mote count that I didn't even bother invading once our team had summoned our Primeval.  I stayed to help melt our boss and get us a win.

I played zero IB yesterday so I have no idea how involved this new IB armor quest is.  My PvP No Honor Douchebag load-out is up to 740 LL, so hopefully I will bag some sniper headshots and get a Hate PM or two when I wipe entire teams out with Spectral Blades.

Edited by J.T.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I played zero IB yesterday so I have no idea how involved this new IB armor quest is.  My PvP No Honor Douchebag load-out is up to 740 LL, so hopefully I will bag some sniper headshots and get a Hate PM or two when I wipe entire teams out with Spectral Blades.

It isn't hard at all.

You do have to pick them up one at a time from Saladin

Here they are

As a team, earn points by defeating enemy Guardians in Iron Banner. Available only during Season of Opulence.
As a team, earn points by capturing zones and earning Power Plays. The more teammates capturing a zone, the greater the points earned. Available only during Season of Opulence.
As a team, earn points by defeating Guardians in Iron Banner with Supers. Available only during Season of Opulence.
As a team, earn points by defeating enemies in Iron Banner using Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles, Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Swords. Available only during Season of Opulence.
Earn points by completing Iron Banner matches. Wins Streaks are worth significantly more points. Available only during Season of Opulence.

In goes in order - I completed the first one last night (I played 10 matches since there is an Eververse bounty for doing 10 Crucible matches)

I also completed two of the IB bounties too already (along with one map)

Did one Menagerie run and we were efficient as fuck - so I got the "secret" Triumph (which really isn't that hard)

I unlocked the third Chalice slot and got an Austringer

Now I really need more green runes to drop