DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This may or may not be a special chest just for the map piece

But yeah I am gonna need to buy more tinctures

It looks like the exact same route to the AC that is present during the Weak Curse week, which makes me conclude that the Truth quest is time gated to the Weak Curse week and this week in particular given the Nightfall specific shit you have to do with Warden's Law as an active Nightfall.

It is a very Bungie thing for them to do.

Edited by J.T.

I am so busy trying to grind my Graviton Lance and Prospector catalysts that I haven't even bothered to fire a shot from my new Truth rocket launcher yet.

The ornament that you have to pay real money to get is downright hideous, though.  

I just noticed that the Arbalest also has an ornament, so I am curious to see what it looks like.

And yeah, I am going to hold off on doing anything else Menagerie related until someone cracks the code on the Goldtusk recipe.  I will continue to farm and horde Imperials at every opportunity until I can start generating Green and Blue runes for my Chalice.

I still need to complete 3 Crucible bounties for my last Treasure Map bounty and I need to get some trigger time in to finish my Field Calibration bounty from Banshee, so there will be a lot of Crucible in my schedule tonight.

I could also stand to get four Tier 3 Reckoning clears so that MAYBE this recent Invader helmet bounty I'm working on will be a Notorious mask rather than another Illicit one. 

Apparently I did so well as an invader a Gambit Prime match I lost last night that someone from the other team sent me a clan recruitment message. 

I was flattered, but I'm not really in the joining frame of mind quite yet.

Edited by J.T.

Speaking of ornaments, some dev must've read this board and say me bitching about the ugly Refer-A-Friend ornament for Borealis.

I got an ornament for Borealis yesterday from a Bright Engram and it was SO PRETTY~!

I feel better about having that weapon in my arsenal even though it is shit in the Crucible and I rarely use it. I am much happier blowing other player's heads off with my new Black Armory Show of Force sniper rifle with Field Prep / Explosive Payload.

Speaking of sniper rifles, maybe I am not hardcore enough, but I have no idea how some players have gotten the Revoker so fast.  I am doing good if I can manage two or three headshots per match, so there is no way I could string together five hundred sniper killshots and a hundred killing blow headshots through normal play in only a week.

Dudes are either using account recovery, or they are playing Private Matches and padding their stats.  I'm content to just ping away until I am ready to get two bounties done at the same time.  I am in no hurry to rush into the descent into madness that is Comp play.

On the subject of Pinnacle Weapons, I'm closing in on the Wendigo and Hush.  Hopefully I'll be done soon so that I can lighten my inventory a bit.  I am full up on Energy Weapons that are either waiting for infusion or are infusion fodder, so I have a shit ton of Blues sitting at the Postmaster.

Edited by J.T.

In theory I will get Hush first but since I need to grind crucible I will probably just keep marching on for Thorn

Yeah the map for the Crucible bounties is that stupid one in the Chamber of Water that I was telling you about last night

Just remember to lean on Fighting Lion when you are grinding the Wendigo bounty.  Grenades and grenades for days.

The leaderboards for Vanguard Strikes have given me a good laugh lately because the FL users put up like close to or over a hundred kills and our Precision Kill score is a solid zero.

Edited by J.T.

I saw the ultimate cheese for Wendigo - do the Corrupted and when you load in go over and do Blind Well runs.

You can get your grenade kills in basically a hour

Only really works with a full fireteam because if you get a rando they can pull you forward out of the blind well (whether they mean to or not)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I saw the ultimate cheese for Wendigo - do the Corrupted and when you load in go over and do Blind Well runs.

You can get your grenade kills in basically a hour

Only really works with a full fireteam because if you get a rando they can pull you forward out of the blind well (whether they mean to or not)

I have seen that cheese but the problem is that the strike modifiers are still active when you are in the Blind Well, so any elemental singe from enemies will hurt you more than the other players.  

And yeah, the strike can glitch if one player pulls the other's forward of if the party wipes out.

I will probably make a couple of Menagerie runs tonight with the Prospector in two because there is a Secret Triumph you can unlock if your six-man fireteam one phases the last boss.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I will probably make a couple of Menagerie runs tonight with the Prospector in two because there is a Secret Triumph you can unlock if your six-man fireteam one phases the last boss.

It technically is you can't kill any Knights so yeah the way to do it is one phase it since it is super easy to accidentally kill a Knight in round 2 otherwise

IB returns next week

All the armor is now dropping via a Quest

Increased Valor for the week so clearly I will be doing nothing but IB next week

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

IB returns next week

All the armor is now dropping via a Quest

Increased Valor for the week so clearly I will be doing nothing but IB next week

I will try to compete as much as possible, but I'll need to infuse my preferred Crucible gear up as high as I can. I think my Gwisin Vest is still at 700. 

I will use the power curve to my advantage and dome as many low lights as I can with my sniper rifle.  Even errant body shots should be OHKs.

I made enough Reckoning runs to finally have a full set of Invader armor.  The perks don't have the best synergy with my weapons, but I'll make it work and just keep doing synth bounties and going back to the Haul to try my hand at generating gear that meshes better with my go-to Gambit weapons.

I'm still a vest shy of a full set of Sentry armor, but I was still happy because I was able to infuse what dropped into the pieces I already had for Glimmer only rather than having to spend Shards and Cores.

I got the secret Menagerie Triumph this week in my one run last night.

As soon as I saw the dude drop his Well of Radiance I knew I was in a group going for the Triumph

And yes I am still basking in the glow of my 11 invader kill, 2 army of ones in one Gambit match moment

God Bless you horribly horribly broken Truth

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I got the secret Menagerie Triumph this week in my one run last night.

As soon as I saw the dude drop his Well of Radiance I knew I was in a group going for the Triumph.

The two runs I made yesterday had some of the worst coordinated blueberries ever so no Secret Triumph quite yet.  I dumped many many Prospector nades into the Boss, but no one else used heavy.  

I did manage to luck out and get several rewards of Imperials for other stuff, so I can now slot Green runes into my Chalice.  I will collect some Green runes first and then go to the Menagerie again to see if I can get something other than bullshit to drop for me and maybe blunder into the Secret Triumph for one phasing the Ogre.

I will have my Goldtusk one day soon.  My guess is that I will need to use a Rune of Ambition (Power Weapons) in Slot 1, one of the runes that grants high RPM / Swing Speed in Slot 2, and the rune that gives a weapon Void damage in Slot 3.

Of course, with my luck I will get a Bad Omens or something rather than the sword I want.

Oh, and the next time that the Vex boss from last week is back up, you may want to run as a Bubble titan because everyone inside of a Ward of Dawn is immune to the Insta Kill Walls of Death.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And yes I am still basking in the glow of my 11 invader kill, 2 army of ones in one Gambit match moment

God Bless you horribly horribly broken Truth

The most Invader kills I have gotten in Gambit or Gambit Prime is somewhere close to twenty and that was during my Mote Thief Or Bust run.  I had the good fortune to be put up against possibly the worst Gambit team ever assembled.

I did my best to get the Embrace the Dark triumph, but they either hid or ran when I invaded and did not damage their Primeval to the point where I'd get the chance to heal it from near death up to full strength.

I'd also be using Truth, but I still need to grind the Hush bounty so it will be all about Le Monarche for the time being.

Edited by J.T.

What is this secret triumph you two speak of?

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know that feeling very well. It never comes when you expect it.

Edited by Eivion

30 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What is this secret triumph you two speak of?

In the Menagerie - you have to kill the boss without killing any Knights.

There are three phases - the Knights start to spawn in phase 2 - so basically you have to kill him in the first phase (It is really really really really hard to not accidentally kill a Knight if they start spawning)

So basically one person drops Well of Radiance and everyone unloads with all the supers and power ammo they have. You really need all 6 people doing it to complete it in one phase.

HOWEVER - come the fall, everyone will be overpowered and you can always get it then

Hey, I got my Wendigo this morning!  I can finally put Fighting Lion back in the Vault to collect dust.  I have no idea what mod I should put on it.  Backup Mag maybe for more grenades.

Now to work on Hush.  

I really should try to grind the Worldine Zero catalyst now that I am way overpowered for Escalation Protocols.

Edited by J.T.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Oh that one. I recall hearing about it in one of Houndish's vids. I haven't done it and am not sure I will since I roll around with a void tether for any non crucible activities.

The Menagerie works like Vanguard Strikes.  If Void Singe is ever active when this boss rolls around in the line-up, your tethers will come in handing in one phasing this guy.

Tethers will enhance the crit damage he takes for when the Warlocks in your fireteam Slow-va-Bomb him to death.... if they are smart enough not to hold on to there supers.

Edited by J.T.

Well, Rippa.  Since you are prepping for grinding Double Valor next week in IB, you might want to make note of this before it gets nerfed.

Infuse your LoW as high as you can with Banshee's EC bounties this weekend and then get set to burn lowlights into ash before the inevitable hot fix.

Make sure you wear your armor pieces that give you deep shotgun reserves or bonus scavenger pickups and if you have a helmet with Pump Action (Super Energy granted after shotty kills) so much the better.. 

If it were me, I'd break it out in the Crucible this weekend to get a feel of how the broken works so that by the time the IB rolls around, you can get into a rhythm and just erase guys at will.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Lord of Wolves thing has been around for awhile. I tired it before. It’s fine but I get just as many kills with other weapons

This is my first time hearing about this.

I haven't run in to very many guys using LoW lately so either they aren't hip to the glitch or it's already been fixed.

I got a few Green runes while running strikes today to finish up Wendigo, so I will try to make myself an Austringer hand cannon and then fill out my Collections by making a CALUS Mini-Tool and whatever else I have the runes to build.

I still have no idea what the recipe is for the Goldtusk.  I'm assuming I'll need the red rune for Power Weapons and a purple rune for high RoF / Swing Speed, but I have no idea what I should use in the third rune slot.

Edited by J.T.

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I still have no idea what the recipe is for the Goldtusk.  I'm assuming I'll need the red rune for Power Weapons and a purple rune for high RoF / Swing Speed, but I have no idea what I should use in the third rune slot.

That’s because Goldtusk isn’t available yet - meaning no one knows the recipe 

Most believe it with be released when the heroic version of Menagerie drops

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That’s because Goldtusk isn’t available yet - meaning no one knows the recipe 

Most believe it with be released when the heroic version of Menagerie drops

That really sucks, but it figures that Bungie would hold out in order to keep people playing.

Oh well. That give me some time to unlock my Blue Rune slot and infuse some more of my gear.

Edited by J.T.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, RIPPA said:

Actually in looking around that appears to be a new Lord of Wolves issue

Which would explain why I am seeing them more

Yep, it is a recent issue that came with the Sandbox patch when the new season launched. 

You automatically get Release The Hounds after every X Button reload, so it can always  be active as long as you have ammo and keep reloading.

I pulled my LoW out of the Vault to give it a go and it is indeed sick, but I don't have the armor perks to fully exploit the reload feature.   LoW still chews through a lot of ammo.

If you have a Super Mod or two and a helmet with Pump Action as well as some Special Ammo and Shotgun related perks on your armor, you will be a bona fide nightmare in the IB this week provided that your LL is also pretty high.

Speaking of Supers, if you like using Chaos Reach, you'll probably want to buy the Geomags that Xur is selling this weekend since they have Traction and the bump in Mobility can extend your Glide to near constant flight status.

Edited by J.T.