DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I started killing worms in the Dreaming City the other day - why I don't know.

OH! Because I needed to kill Hive there for my invitation.

About halfway through I realized I better check to see if there is a Triumph or anything associated with it and there isn't so I stopped

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I started killing worms in the Dreaming City the other day - why I don't know.

OH! Because I needed to kill Hive there for my invitation.

About halfway through I realized I better check to see if there is a Triumph or anything associated with it and there isn't so I stopped

Thanks to the upcoming holiday, it will probably be a short gaming week for me.   My wifey has a *sigh* loaded social agenda of activities for our Memorial Day Weekend and we will also have to attend to her adult daughter while she is on the mend from her cosmetic surgery.  

We'll also have a four year old grandkid running all over hell and breakfast.

At least there are plans to go see John Wick 3 in there,

I'm going to do as much Gambit Prime / Reckoning as I can since I have dragged my feet on the collection of Notorious Sentry armor, suffer through three Comp matches to knock out the Invitation bounty, and then find a YouTube guide to help me locate the Ascendant Treasure chests for the weak Curse timeframe.

Discomfort first, so will be heading to Competitive Crucible when I log on after grass mowing and dinner.

Edited by J.T.

Oh and yeah.  I did Rumble first and those matches counted towards the Quickplay criteria in the final Invitation bounty.

So I only have three matches to go instead of six.

Pin your ears back, jump into Rumble, and just do the best you can.  You might surprise yourself and do as well as I did.

Edited by J.T.

Datto's Weak Curse chest location guide.

Fuck.  I didn't realize there were so many.  Why do Triumph Seals have to be so much bullshit?

Looks like "Harvest Baryon Boughs" is also on my to-do list so that I can go to Hughinn and resupply on Queensfoil after I track these chests down.

Edited by J.T.

My gun love is fickle.

I got a Triple Tap / Timed Payload Ten Paces hand cannon last night and my affection for it knew no bounds.

This morning while hunting Ghost Fragments for Spider's upcoming EC bounties, I got a Duke M. 44 with Rangefinder / Rampage / HC Rounds / Stability Masterwork / Sureshot sight.

That Ten Paces got sharded with the quickness because my new baby needed the cores and that Targeting Adjuster Mod.

Edited by J.T.

My gun love is still fickle.  That Duke got sharded after I received the Better Devils hand cannon with  Moving Target / Timed Payload at the conclusion of the third Comp match I ran for that last IX bounty.

In the three Competitive matches I ran last night I had one win (Survival), one loss (Countdown), and a tie (Clash).

I am the shitty Pittsburgh Steelers of Competitive Crucible match play.

I got lucky and got paired with a three stack of sweats for the Survival match.  We were up against a pretty good team of randos, but my team just clicked.

The Countdown match was sad.   It was pretty obvious that I was on the IX bounty team because they had no idea how to play the match objectives.  When I am the guy on the team with the most kills and the highest ER and we suffer a loss, the team sucks.

The tied up Clash match was really fun.  It was nip and tuck all the way.  Shit went to Double Overtime and the score was still knotted up.  I popped Spectral Blades with about 30 seconds to go and got the two kills that made us even, but I ran out of time when I was INCHES away from a game winning Triple Kill.   Oh, well. at least it wasn't another loss.

Loss was the name of the game when I started playing Gambit Prime.  My three game win streak transmogrified into a four game losing streak.  Why does Matchmaking always put randos against four stacks?  Can't it find other four stacks to pair them up with?  Fuck.  To add insult to injury, I got a Last Man Standing with horrible perks as the bounty reward.  I hate this game sometimes.

It dawned on me last night that I probably will only have tonight and tomorrow morning to get any serious gaming in, so I will knock out what I can and wait until next week to grind proper.  If I do manage to get online, I will probably just do the Tangled Shore heroic missions and try to get myself yet another Neo Thonis Breather and Scorned Baron Vest that I can wear with Shards of Galinor, Black Armory Boots (with TRACTION~!), and whatever cloak I can find that doesn't make me look like a retard.

I need to get some good armor pieces together that I can use as a Gambit Prime invader until I finally get a full set of Notorious Invader armor together.  So far, I've been getting dupe gloves and boots with shitty perks.  I still need the cloak and vest and I won't get a helmet until I complete a Helmet bounty.

I didn't get any armor pieces when I did the Tangled Shore heroic mission yesterday during Flashpoint.  I got the Terran Edge grenade launcher with the worst perks imaginable as well as Cayde;s Sparrow.  I haven't ridden one of those things in months.  

Edited by J.T.

People who play Destiny 2 and post to YouTube are fucking stupid. 

No one knows anything or bothers to look up anything.

1. The name for the Sgian Dubh sparrow does not come from an anagram.  It's Gaelic.  A Sgian Dubh is a fucking knife.  It is wedge shaped like the sparrow is.  Either study up on metallurgy or learn to Google.
  2. If you do not know why a horse is in the cutscene for the IX bounty entitled Death, you need to read the Bible.  No, dummy atheist.  Reading the Bible does not automatically make you a Christian.  it will not infect you.  Faith does not work like the T-Virus.  Oh and being angry with God doesn't make you an atheist.  Athiests don't believe in God at all.

Speaking of the bounty.

Spoiler

At least we know who we will be fighting in D3.  Whatever race of evil ubers that is at the helm of those fucking pyramid ships that we saw in the final cutscene from the Dominus Ghaul storyline.

I'm assuming that the two women the Emissary mentioned are Mara Sov and the Exo Stranger since the reason that Mara hasn't held court in forever is because she left to go parlay with the Exo Stranger.... who we all know now is actually Elsie Bray.

I am starting to wonder if Elsie the Exo hasn't been pulling some Danny / Tony bullshit from The Shining bullshit and has been communicating with Mara from the future as far back as the Black Garden thing in D1.

Edited by J.T.

I made the mistake of playing Rumble on the first day of the reset

So many Raid weapons

Killed my desire to also knock out my 5 matches with my Warlock.

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I made the mistake of playing Rumble on the first day of the reset

So many Raid weapons

Oh, I used the Go Figure pulse rifle and did perfectly fine.  Raid weapons are nothing to be feared.

Plus, uber raid weapons like the Chattering Bone cannot help you when you come storming around a corner and get your head blown off at close range by my Mindbender's Ambition shotty.  That happened a lot in that Rumble match I had with the 13 streak. 

Always fight dirty, learn to read your movement tracker and as weird as this sounds, turn up the volume on your television set a little and adjust the game's audio settings to favor ambient sounds over music. 

When dudes are at full gallop, you can literally  hear them coming from miles away. 

You can use the sound of their approaching bootsteps (clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp) to gauge their position and set up excellent shotgun ambushes if you are on a map like Bannerfall or Wormhaven.  You can also just pop out when they get close and brain them with your primary or pre-fire with a fusion rifle just as you start to see red on your tracker.

Blind corner muggings was how I stayed in the fight.   Crouch and wait for them to come and get their cap peeled. 

You're not really camping, because you should be on the move after you get the kill as the skull on the map from your deceased victim will automatically give your position away and dudes will flock to it and try to off you in the hope that you haven't fully recovered from the firefight you just won. 

There is a medal in Rumble for being able to pick off someone else's kill three times in one life, so your opponents will be looking for opportunities for cheap kills by blasting the "winners" of one-on-one gun battles.

Gun wise, the only weapons that should give you pause in Rumble are Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten since both are automatic two-tappers.

A Duke M.44 can also be problematic if it has the right perks. 

Oh, and beware of Jotunn fucks.

Edited by J.T.

I believe that there is a secret triumph in the Dreaming City locations queue for receiving the Horror's Least pulse rifle from the Nightfall version of The Corrupted, so I will be farming that when the strike comes back around in queue.

I don't really need to run any of the Nightfalls this week, so I can let that shit slide.  I can also give Blind Well and the AC a pass.  The AC for this week is the Forfeit Shrine and I have the lore and a speed run complete for that zone.

When I am done with yardwork at my mom's, I will knock out the Heroic Mission on the Shore and maybe chase down those Weak Curse Ascendant Chests.

While I'm at it, I'll also get Ada's second weapon frame done for the week.

I've only got two matches left for the PvP weekly, so I may as well finish that up too.  I'm all done with the hell of Gambit Prime this week.  I will probably play a little Vanilla Gambit to finish up this On The Grind bounty.

If the stips for the Reckoning aren't too crazy this afternoon, I may make a few Tier 3 runs.  Otherwise, the Haul can kiss my ass.  I'll save up my synths for next week.

Edited by J.T.

it figures.  The Heroic Adventure after reset was The Mindbender, so no fucking armor drops..  

The Mindbender did do me the courtesy of dropping another Death By Scorn sidearm to replace the sidearm I shredded ages ago for cores to finish masterworking my first piece of Notorious Reaper armor. 

Hopefully I will be able to sneak in some game time between now and Monday so that I can take a shot at getting a Breather helmet and a Scorned Baron vest to drop for me.  I have a set of Woven Blacksmith boots with Traction to wear with them along with a set of 700 Shards of Galinor arm armor that is sitting in my vault.

I just need to find a cloak to wear with that gear that isn't too terrible looking.

I'll use that gear for GP Invasions when I am working on the GP Invader Helmet bounty.  Once I get a full set of Notorious Invasion armor, I can put that armor in the Vault.

So, yesterday it was Prism and Grenadier in addition to the weekly singe (Arc) for the Reckoning.  I got put into groups of rubes that could not make it past the Bridge.  I started to get discouraged until finally I got matchmade with a three stack of guys from the same clan.  Those dudes were serious.

I used Nightstalker since they had a Well-lock but no Tether dude and then it dawned on me that I had just finished grinding the catalyst for Hard Light and maybe it would be a good idea to break it out.

It was indeed a good idea.  Once you have a catalyst for Hard Light, it pretty much becomes an orb making machine on the bridge.  Just point and shoot at groups of Thralls and the orbs fall like rain. 

We got the clears I needed to beat the Reckoning weekly challenge in four runs.  We pulled Minos on Run Three that booped all of us off of the bridge.  The AoE stomp that the giant Taken Minos have is total bullshit.  Anyway, I am two armor pieces shy of a full set of Notorious Sentry and Notorious Invader armor. 

I have enough synths to craft a full set of Sentry armor, but the invader armor is going to be a pain in the ass because I will have to knock out two Helmet bounties before any Notorious helmets will drop for me naturally.

Edited by J.T.

So, I have noticed that the old raids are becoming more popular, but the catch is that LFG groups are only accepting party members that have an Outbreak so that they can group melt the bosses.

It's "Please Have Whisper" all over again.  What a bunch of lemmings.  YouTube is the bane of all multiplayer games.

Oh, and I got so hemmed up with Reckoning clears that I never got around to running Weak Curse chests. I may have some time next Tuesday morning to get it done since I work swing shift from Tuesday to Friday and will be off during the morning / early afternoons all of next week.

Edited by J.T.

Oh I guess I never finished this post this morning

I did the Weekly Crucible on my Warlock and then was all OH! I WILL DO MY WEEKLY STRIKES BECAUSE I HAVE A BOUNTY!!!!"

Four strikes later and I still had only one strike where someone else was using the same energy type

IT IS ARC SINGE FUCKERS! USE YOUR ARC CHARACTERS!

Grrr...

I am a little behind on my reset schedule - I just hit Mythic on my 4th reset last night.

God this is mind numbing

Thank God I stumbled across the tip to do Rumble since the matches are shorter and it is easier to get win streaks going

That being said - after like a hour straight I want to do anything other than play this stupid game

And them only doing an Infamy boost this week is some bullshit

I got through everything but the Nightfall last week.  I managed to knock out all ten Weak Curse chests before driving to the 804 for swing duty.

Priorities for this week will be similar to last week:  Sentry & Invader armor grinding and Ascendant Chests for the Growing Week of the Curse.

AC for this week is the Shattered Ruins. I think I need a speed run completion so I'll end up doing this and Blind Well just to make Petra happy.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I broke up the Crucible runs by starting to kill barons with my Warlock since I need to unlock the Dreaming City.

But I think I am going to have to ignore fucking everything this week except crucible grinding

It also doesn't help that I am going to lose Sat Night due to Takeover

For my sanity - I am giving up on trying to get 5 resets. Instead I will save the reset I am about to get for the start of next season to get a quick headstart and then plan out better (especially taking advantage of double/triple weekends)

I am going to focus on Comp and Gambit since they have the bonuses.

Plus I still need to do like 20 more Comp matches for this bounty anyway.

Maybe I will luckbox into a Recluse while I am at it

I tormented JT by making him run through the two special strikes I had to do.

The Insight Terminus one for unlocking Izanami really isn't that bad. Honestly the only reason trying to solo it would suck is because of extinguish

Now the special version of the Corrupted can kiss every last part of my asshole

And JT - per our conversation last night, the Army of One quest step is the last step of Malfeasance

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I tormented JT by making him run through the two special strikes I had to do.

The Insight Terminus one for unlocking Izanami really isn't that bad. Honestly the only reason trying to solo it would suck is because of extinguish

Now the special version of the Corrupted can kiss every last part of my asshole

And JT - per our conversation last night, the Army of One quest step is the last step of Malfeasance

I average two to three kills per invasion without half trying.  You should be able to blunder into an Army of One medal as long as you hog heavy and use the portal as often as you can.

I ran that special Corrupted strike with a full three man so it felt far less maddening than our two-man run. 

If you hated that Malfeasance strike, you will absolutely despise the Chasm of Screams version of Savathun's Song that you will have to run for Thorn.

Like I said before, getting Watcher lenses is dirt simple. There should be a bunch of videos on YouTube showing you how to access the Leviathan's understructure.  You don't have to run the full raid.  

You also don't have to wander the understructure looking for Watchers to destroy.  Just find a room where they spawn and then destroy all of the Watchers and whatever Cabal they alert.  Then leave the room and re-enter it via the access levers.

One caveat.  If you get too close to Watchers, they will self destruct and you won't get credit for the lens, so make sure you're the one blowing them up. Once you're done, fast travel back to the Tower.

Working swing shift is throwing me off schedule.  It's pretty much Friday for me and I probably won't be back online until Monday night.  I'll probably chase Curse Growing chests, make an attempted AC speed run tomorrow, and maybe get in some more Tier 3 Reckoning since I still need the vests for my Notorious Invader and Notorious Sentry armor sets and the helmet for the Notorious Invader set.

I finished the Invader helmet upgrade bounty yesterday so now the helmets should be unlocked for me and I will have a chance to get the Notorious version of the Invader helmet by wagering motes.

Edited by J.T.

I am curious based on the nature the things they are teasing for Season of Opulence if there will be things with Watchers that don't even require you to go into the raid to get.

I did a couple of Gambit matches to continue on working towards Malfeasance - first invade by someone on my team and they got an Army of One and I was like "You couldn't have waited till I was on my next quest step?"

So I banked about 30% of my motes so far and got 1 of the necessary 10 wins.

I also started working on my bow frame. So tonight will be all about killing Taken with precision bow shots.