DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah I have to do the Reckoning since I am half way through upgrading my synthesizer again and I only have like 2 days left before that bounty resets

IB started off shaky, but then I began playing with teams that weren't retarded and we reeled off 4 wins in a row.  My Revelry Light precision kill orb total went up by ten, during PvP so this dumb Revelry triumph is doable before the end of the event but it will be a bear to grind. 

My best bet is to put as big of a dent in the triumph this week by continuing to exploit the power difference in the IB to my advantage and precision murder as many low lights as I can. Easier said than done.

I am total garbage with the Thorn in PvP, so Mark of the Devourer triumph will have to wait for a bit (or at least the Crucible part will).  I'm going to go with my usual douchebag PvP load-out of Go Figure, Mindbenders, and The Colony along with my crutch exotic item, the Gwisin Vest.  

I got my first IB medal for a five stack multikill last night.  Too many assholes standing too close together when I went in carving everything to shreds with my purple ghost knives of doom.  I'd have gotten the entire team if one guy hadn't been kissed by serendipity and decided to go get the heavy spawn.  Lucky bastard.

At some point tonight, I need to knock out some Gambit Prime and try to splat a few players with Thorn hopefully while also getting some victories..  That will probably happen after I do this afternoon's new Revelry daily bounties.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - my streak of being WAY better in IB continues

While I only got 1 win my K/D was above 1.2 for every match (it was 7 for one match but we won that by mercy rule in less than 90 seconds. So I didn't really have time to die)

I got the triumph for killing three dudes trying to capture my zone so that made me happy

I think I tripled my Crucible orb total to like 32 - so yeah - only like 100 more matches to go

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - my streak of being WAY better in IB continues

While I only got 1 win my K/D was above 1.2 for every match (it was 7 for one match but we won that by mercy rule in less than 90 seconds. So I didn't really have time to die)

I got the triumph for killing three dudes trying to capture my zone so that made me happy

I think I tripled my Crucible orb total to like 32 - so yeah - only like 100 more matches to go

I was on a team that won by mercy rule as well.  My ER was 8.0.  I was a little bummed because if I had gotten four more kills without dying, I'd have gotten an Undefeated medal and that might've been possible with all of the grenade spam coming from my team.

I finished negative in my first match of the night (a loss), but I didn't finish below 1.8 in the four wins and I was close to 3.0 in two matches. 

Edited by J.T.

I had one match that kind of infuriated me - and might have been the first time it ever happened to me

Every single person on my team had a K/D over 1 yet we lost by over 20 because NO ONE on my team would capture a 2nd zone

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I had one match that kind of infuriated me - and might have been the first time it ever happened to me

Every single person on my team had a K/D over 1 yet we lost by over 20 because NO ONE on my team would capture a 2nd zone

There were numbers like that in the first match my teams won last night. 

No one on the enemy team finished with an E/R below 1.0 and one guy on our team finished negatives, but we more kills while on Advantage / Power Play so our team bled the other team on score.

That's why I hate it when my teams don't play the objective.  You can't win Iron Banner matches with a Clash mentality..

Edited by J.T.

Almost forgot.  

I am going to try to do the AC when I get home from work.  It's the one with the sword killing and the platforming.  

I've already got the bones from that area, but I need to get the eggs. 

I will try for a speed completion first and then I will go back for the lore.  I've got enough Queensfoil to do both and I also have plenty of Baryon Boughs to replenish my Queensfoil supply.

I would love to do Shattered Throne this week for the bones lore, but Revelry Competitive triumph is a high priority and the more headshots I get during the IB, the better.

I'll make that lore run when the curse is strongest again in three weeks.  That should also be the week where the Blind Well run will net me my final lore entry for Truth To Power.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Shoot me a message if I am on when you go do it - I need one more Knight kill to complete that AC I have had in my queue forever.

Okay, but I'm not sure if those named knights are the ones that count towards your Purification Ritual.

I think the nigh unkillable ones that chase you around an area are the ones you need.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

We managed to kill one of them the first time we tried it - fuck if I remember HOW we killed it though

You're supposed to kill the knights in this challenge.  Once you smersh all of the adds, a sword appears and you have to use that to kill the knights and then you have to platform to the exit WITH the sword.  

The reward chest you need to open in order to complete the challenge doesn't spawn if you don't bring the sword with you.

If the kills counted towards your total, it's probably because you were the one that did the knight killing while I served as bait after we both murdered the initial adds.

Oh, and I am a dumbass.  There is an easier way to get to the portal other than jumping the ledges around the spire.  Once you have true sight and actually survey your surroundings, you can see a path of platforms leading to the portal.

Edited by J.T.

I had to watch the video for this week but I was getting confused

I HAVEN'T done this one yet - it just looks familiar because I watched this video before on how to do it... just never did

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I had to watch the video for this week but I was getting confused

I HAVEN'T done this one yet - it just looks familiar because I watched this video before on how to do it... just never did

Gotcha.  I have to finish up a project here at work, but I should be online around seven or so after I grab dinner.  Give me a shout if you see me online.

Didn't do much other than struggle with Reckoning and IB yesterday.

FINALLY got four clears for the bounty and the Reckoning weekly challenge.  

Now I have to gather motes, send blockers and get wins to knock out my two Gambit Prime weekly bounties.

I am at 160 / 200 orbs for Reckoning Competitive, so I feel that I am on track to complete this triumph by the end of the event.  Ironically, I got a 700 Shinobu's Vow as my Crucible Weekly Challenge reward, so I have joined the legion of Skip Grenade spammers in the IB.

Shinobu's Vow is ridiculously broken with the ability buff tonic.  There were some points in the match where I had to remind myself to use my pulse rifle to get headshots because I was easy kills with Skip Grenades alone and I could throw them almost at will..

Edited by J.T.

I did one run through the Forest and completed like 4 bounties doing so

I then did like 4 or 5 IB matches and was sleepy

The orbs are starting to flow a little more frequently now so I feel better about grinding that Triumph

I probably will only get my daily Forest run done before logging off to watch the draft tonight

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did one run through the Forest and completed like 4 bounties doing so

I then did like 4 or 5 IB matches and was sleepy

The orbs are starting to flow a little more frequently now so I feel better about grinding that Triumph

I probably will only get my daily Forest run done before logging off to watch the draft tonight

I also plan on watching the draft, so I will get home as early as I can to knock out Verdant Forest daily bounties and the remaining weekly ones so that I have enough Essences to continue grenade spamming my way to IB victory.

I'll also try to get as much Gambit Prime out of the way as I can.  

I probably won't tackle the AC eggs until Sunday night after I get my kid back to her mom's.

Yesterday was a day of near tragedy and sadness.  

After completing the Collect & Conquer bounty, I inadvertently shredded my Notorious Reaper Helmet for the Recovery Mod thinking that it was the Outlawed Collector Helmet.  Then I fucked up and shredded the Notorious Collector Helmet thinking it was the Outlawed Collector Helmet.

Thankfully, I got a Notorious Reaper Helmet with Enhanced Ashes To Assets on it last night while trying to get a better pair of Notorious Reaper Boots (the ones I have don't have Traction) before I started watching the NFL Draft. 

So now I just have to upgrade & masterwork the Notorious Reaper Helmet and do the Collect / Conquer bounty next week with the hope that I just get a Notorious Collector Helmet as a random drop like I did last night when I got my Notorious Reaper Helmet back. 

If I get two Notorious Collector Helmets when I run the Reckoning next week, I'll just keep the one that has the better perks.

Sentry and Invader armor will just have to wait.

I went 3-4 in Gambit Prime last night chasing the GP Wins weekly bounty.  The GP Wins weekly bounty I will knock out after reset will get me that phat Season 6 emblem. 

While playing Gambit Prime, I got a Spare Rations with Moving Target / 4th Times The Charm that I decided to keep and I also got a Night Watch with Snapshot Sights / Moving Target.  Neither rolls were curated, but they were good enough for me not to shred them just yet..

I've got a shit ton of weapons in my Primary slot, so something is going to have to go to the Vault.

I'm at 175 / 200 orbs for the Revelry Competitive bounty.  I went 2-2 in the IB, but never went negative.  Matter of fact, I was closer to 2.00 in most of those matches.  I unlocked the Shotgun Mastery triumph during the week, so I guess I should start trying to chip away at one of my other Crucible weapon type triumphs.  

I may have to start turning weapon parts in to Banshee instead of Ada-1 and see if I can get a good Erentil FR4 roll and start on my journey of fusion rifle murder after I get my Queenbreaker up to 700.

I probably won't get to play tonight or tomorrow night, but I will be online on Sunday evening trying to close out that Triumph and get the Revelry event emblem.  First order of business when I get online on Sunday is to run the AC to collect the eggs, buy Xur's Invitation bounty, and then try to find some randos to drag me through a 100K Nightfall Run for The Corrupted.  

I need to do the AC for this week before I fucking forget, so hit me up if you are online on Sunday..

Edited by J.T.

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm at 175 / 200 orbs for the Revelry Competitive bounty.  I went 2-2 in the IB, but never went negative.  Matter of fact, I was closer to 2.00 in most of those matches.

Get 5 more and you will be done

Last week, Revelry Orbs were disabled in Gambit, Gambit Prime, raids, and Competitive Crucible due to an increase in GUITAR errors and activity disconnections. As multiple sources of progress for the “Verdant Light: Competitive” Triumph are no longer available, the team has been investigating a change to the requirements for completion.

As the above listed activities no longer provide progress, players are required to create 200 orbs by defeating other Guardians with precision kills in Quickplay, Rumble, and the featured Crucible playlist. This week, that playlist is Iron Banner, for example.

At this time, our current plan is to reduce this requirement to 20 orbs.

This change will be deployed after the Revelry ends, in Destiny 2 Update 2.2.2. Players who meet the requirement of 20 orbs will have the Triumph auto-complete after downloading the patch, which will also unlock the “Party Harder” Triumph and "Stimulant Spring" Emblem reward if all other Revelry Triumphs have been completed.

HA!

And don't both doing the next Invitation yet

Tomorrow, the seventh Invitation of the Nine will become available from Xûr. Before this pursuit goes live, we’d like to make players aware of a blocking issue, which we are currently working on.

Tomorrow’s invitation, titled “The Tower,” will require players to complete the Hollowed Lair strike and defeat Hive, Scorn, and Vex on the Tangled Shore. Currently, this invitation cannot be completed, since Vex are not available as enemies at any location on the Tangled Shore. This issue does not impact previous Invitations of the Nine, only "The Tower" invitation is currently blocked. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There is the reason they give you the ability to lock items so you don't accidentally shred them

I was trying to shred one helmet so that I could transfer the mod to the other.  I was rushing so that I could start watching the draft.

Being a stupid old man might have also contributed to this blunder.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So Bungie announced with the Season of Opulence that they will be nerfing Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten.

They only reason they are nerfing Luna's / Not Forgotten is because their analytics probably tell them that no one really gives a shit about The Mountaintop and the Recluse isn't nearly as scary in PvP as Luna's Howl / Not Forgotten.

Mountaintop / Recluse is a pretty effective load-out in PvP, but Luna's / Not Forgotten outshines them both especially when combined with Chaperone or Dust Rock Blues. 

Reeling in Luna's could make the Recluse / Mountaintop look like viable alternative to the usual Luna's = Shotgun Primary paring since you know what you're getting with the Mountaintop.  You wouldn't have to grind for an ideal Dust Rock roll, nor would you spend your Exotic slot on the Chaperone.

The devs seem to take it personally when the community doesn't get as exited about new toys as they do.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Get 5 more and you will be done.

Where's the fun in  that?  I have fully embraced the Revelry Purple Drink grenade spam tactics and I am not that far away from getting the triumph legit at the 200 orbs requirement

I could probably come up with the remaining orbs before the end of the IB if I triy hard enough.  Hell, if I get any trigger time on Sunday evening after I drop my kid off at her mom's, I could get the last orbs I needed for the 200 total right there and then.

I'd be online and murdering anyway since I still have two IB weekly bounties to finish up and I need to get kills with weapons for Iron Confidence.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

And don't both doing the next Invitation yet

It figures that those assholes would pick one of the enemy types from the storyline that doesn't naturally spawn in the Shores as a free roam target.

They could've picked Cabal, Scorn, Fallen, or Hive, but they chose the Vex.  Idiots.

I'd bet even money that their intention was to have us farm either Warden of Nothing or a Daily Heroic Story mission from the Forgotten storyline for the Vex kills and somehow they fucked that up.

Edited by J.T.

I finished the IB bounties on my Titan last night

Opened my Warlock for the first time in forever and did a little Revelry with her (mainly to try and quickly get better armor)

Since I am "working from home" today - I will do a little more with my Warlock but the bigger thing is I need to do my Invitation on my Titan (I have the one on Mercury that I think was the one JT had last week)

I also want to do the IB Triumph for wearing a full set of gear but I know I still have a time there

I need like 70 more orbs in Crucible but those will come during the week

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I finished the IB bounties on my Titan last night

Opened my Warlock for the first time in forever and did a little Revelry with her (mainly to try and quickly get better armor)

Since I am "working from home" today - I will do a little more with my Warlock but the bigger thing is I need to do my Invitation on my Titan (I have the one on Mercury that I think was the one JT had last week)

I also want to do the IB Triumph for wearing a full set of gear but I know I still have a time there

I need like 70 more orbs in Crucible but those will come during the week

I work 4 - Midnight all this week, so I pinned my ears back and knocked out the IB bounties on my Hunter as well as the 200 orbs for the Revelry Competitive triumph this afternoon.  I told ya I could do it...

I am done with all of the Revelry triumphs and am successfully jubilant!  I'll continue to run the Daily VF Challenges because enhancement cores.  No better time to start hoarding for the Season of Opulence than right now, I guess.

I am stoked because I finished the IB tournament with improvement to my Lifetime ER.  I went from 1.58 to 1.60 and it wasn't easy.  Grenade spam FTW.

I don't have the heart to get rid of my Shinobu's Vow gauntlets since they have served me well during this glitch event, so I will grenade spam with them for the last week of the Revelry and then chuck them in the Vault until I need them again.

I've got two out of the three ornaments for the Revelry Helmet (wings and antlers), so I may as well keep participating in the event and try to get the last ornament.

After much heartbreak and misery, I finally got both of the Corrupted eggs from this week's AC location.   I did not get a speed run finish going solo, so I'll have to bring a fireteam next time..

There has to be a legit way to get to that second egg.  There is no way that "sword flying" was the intended method to use to bridge that gap.   I have to believe that the devs placed a deliberate platforming path in that map, but no one has ever gone through the trouble of finding it and YouTubers are lazy copycats by habit.

Hence, every help video I have seen goes the "sword flying" route so that's the method I used.  It took a shitload of tries (FUCKING DEBRIS~!!!! WHY~?????), but I finally made it to the egg.

Pro Tip:  The map does not spawn you on the same side every time.  Your initial spawn point may flip flop, but the location of the lore items stays the same.  Make note of which side of the map you are on before you start going after eggs & bones as they may not be on the vector if you die and re-enter the portal. What was once on your left may be on your right in a do-over.

I've still got Weekly Gambit and the two Nightfall challenges to do before I wrap up all Weekly Challenges for this reset.

I don't really care about Vanilla Gambit, but I would like to try to get a 100K score for the Corrupted. I already have a golf bag o'weapons so I am not really pressed about adding the Horror's Least to my collection, but if it falls in my lap after a successful 100K run I will not sneeze at it.

Edited by J.T.