DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was using Arbalest in runs through the Forest - it was fun

Though I got bored of not being able to keep up with the ammo demands

Yeah, you can chew through a lot of Special Ammo if you lean on the trigger.

If your armor pieces have Special Ammo Finder and one or two Liner Fusion Rifle perks, you will be an absolute beast in PvE and PvP.

A lot of Gambit Prime Invaders are trying to min / max their Notorious armor perks with the Arbalest.

Edited by J.T.

I just remembered that I did not hit Xur up for this week's invitation, so I will bounce to the crib at lunchtime and log on long enough to get the bounty from Xur in the EDZ.

I'll work on it after I finish up the yardwork at the 'rents place and then play some Vanilla Gambit.  After that I will try to grind out one more Reckoning clear for this Sentry helmet weekly bounty.

That reminds me - not only did Bungie stealth patch the Invitation so that you have to get kills on the planet listed, they clearly are purposely picking one enemy that you can only get in a specific way.

Mine this week (and it might have been for everyone) was on Io and you had to get Cabal kills. And the only way to do that is through the Public Event.

I mean that is better than Hive on Mercury but still

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

That reminds me - not only did Bungie stealth patch the Invitation so that you have to get kills on the planet listed, they clearly are purposely picking one enemy that you can only get in a specific way.

Mine this week (and it might have been for everyone) was on Io and you had to get Cabal kills. And the only way to do that is through the Public Event.

I think you are correct, but I think it is Supers that gets the job done for the Cabal samples.

I didn't join in on the Injection Rig PE when I played during lunch because I didn't want any orphaned Resonance Stems in my inventory.

I was able to get two Cabal samples before heading back to work, but they only dropped when I used my Super to get a multikill.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I was able to get two Cabal samples before heading back to work, but they only dropped when I used my Super to get a multikill.

That would explain why it took me like 5 events to get them.

I got the last two wins I needed for the Supremacy game mode triumph.  It was pretty ugly.

I also did not realize that I have never gotten the Close Encounters medal (Defeat two opponents at close range with a Shotgun without switching weapons or reloading) until last night.  Probably because I've never really used shotguns that much in the Crucible until I got the Mindbenders.

And yep, only headshot generated orbs count towards the Revelry Competitive triumph.  I tested it last night.

I got a Spectral Surgeon medal in a Gambit Prime match last night and generated seven Orbs via my super and none of them counted towards the Revelry Competitive triumph, so now the only way to grind it out is via getting precision kills in Quickplay, Rumble, or the Game Mode Du Jour. 

Despite the grenade spam, I managed to get up from 110 / 200 orbs to 120 / 200 orbs in three matches while playing Supremacy, so maybe I can grind out the rest during the IB this week if I am really lucky.

I think this is the strongest week of the Curse, so Ascendant Challenge and Blind Well are high priorities along with completing Revelry bounties, getting the GP Wins bounty knocked out, and completing the Collect / Conquer bounty for my Collector helmet upgrade..   I will probably grind out GP first (Reckoning and all) and then move on to the IB.

I will do my best to run the table since I like competing in the IB anyway, but I think the bug is bullshit and they need to just auto-complete the Revelry Competitive riumph for us and give us the point credit.  I want my fucking emblem.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - at this pace - I need to do about 45 more matches since I get like one orb a match

Of course last night was a forest fire in terms of the matches I was getting put in.

Here - let's drop you into a match that immediately gets mercied

Here - let's put you into a match where a three man fireteam immediately drops and we give you no new teammates

Here - let's put you against a 6 man

Here - let's drop you into a match against a 6 man

I managed to drag out enough victory to finally get whatever Triumph it was I unlocked for Sentinel wins

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - at this pace - I need to do about 45 more matches since I get like one orb a match

Of course last night was a forest fire in terms of the matches I was getting put in.

Here - let's drop you into a match that immediately gets mercied

Here - let's put you against a 6 man

Here - let's drop you into a match against a 6 man

I managed to drag out enough victory to finally get whatever Triumph it was I unlocked for Sentinel wins

Ha!

Here is the ugly of my Journey Through Supremacy Sadness last night..

Match 1 - Loss.  Mercied before I even made it planetside.  Oh, well.  Free Essences.

Match 2 - Win and Shotty medal.

Match 3 - Loss against a six-stack all armed with Crucible Pinnacle Weapons.  Finished negative.  ER dropped from 1.59 to 1,58

Match 4 - Loss.  Team went retarded in last three minutes.

Match 5 - Win.  Thank God this shit is over.

Just checked the Revelry PvP triumph on the D2 app and I am sitting at 124 / 200 Orbs which is probably close to 40 matches of work as I average about two to five headshot final blows (yields about 1 to 2 Revelry Orbs per match) and the rest is Gwisin Vest / Spectral Blades cheese, Voidwall Grenade spam,  and assists.

If I grind the IB really hard for the next few days, that triumph is doable but I will probably hate myself by the end of it.

Edited by J.T.

I also realized that part of my problem is I am trying to complete the quest that requires precision pulse rifle kills at the same time - and obviously some maps are not build for that.

We shall see how IB goes.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I also realized that part of my problem is I am trying to complete the quest that requires precision pulse rifle kills at the same time - and obviously some maps are not build for that.

Pulse Rifles are generally good for nearly all maps aside from Equinox and Convergence which favors scouts and snipers.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, J.T. said:

Pulse Rifles are generally good for nearly all maps aside from Equinox and Convergence which favors scouts and snipers.

Guess which maps I was getting last night?

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Guess which maps I was getting last night?

I would imagine Equinox.  I haven't been in a match on Convergence in weeks.

D2 pulse rifles have ridiculous accuracy and flinch at medium to long range so they're pretty versatile in most settings.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got Equinox twice and both times were Clash. Boo....

I got Convergence earlier in the week

I'll bet there were more arrows flying around than sniper rifle bullets.   Barely anyone snipes anymore since Sniper Rifles usually take Special Ammo and Combat Bows combine long range engagement capability with the ease of using Primary Ammo.

Edited by J.T.

I am running into Bows more period

I forgot to mention that I finally got a Bug-Out Bag to drop for me so I am slowly completing my collection

I also got a 700 level Trust so I really really need to log in to my Warlock and move a lot of this used weapons over to her

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am running into Bows more period

I forgot to mention that I finally got a Bug-Out Bag to drop for me so I am slowly completing my collection

I also got a 700 level Trust so I really really need to log in to my Warlock and move a lot of this used weapons over to her

I got a 700 Trust with Dragonfly / Explosive Payload last night after completing the Vanilla Gambit weekly challenge. 

I already have the Oxygen SR4 to handle Solar Energy Weapon with Dragonfly duty, but that fucking roll is off the chain so I am keeping the Trust against my better non-hoarder judgment.

I got a Kill Clip / Explosive Payload roll for a Kindred Orchid hand cannon last week when I was just bullshitting and getting kills with Thorn, so now I feel compelled to hit Bergusia Forge again and get an Obsidian Radiance mod for it.  Fuck my life.

Edited by J.T.

Fuck.  I just realized that the Revelry ends the Tuesday AFTER next.  I thought I only had a week or so left in the event.

The light at the end of the tunnel is not a train, but grinding that triumph will still suck.

Edited by J.T.

Oh!  I got the Valor reset I needed for the Season 6: Valor triumph while grinding Supremacy.

And I was wrong.  Natural multikills on Cabal yielded samples towards the Invitation bounty as well as Super multikills.  It was a bit frustrating because dudes kept triggering EPs to spam Hive kills so the Cabal kept despawning. 

It finally dawned on me (duh) to head to the Ma'dim  Subterrane Lost Sector in the Glacial Drift to farm Cabal kills.  

The Twins cutscene was rather enlightening.  

Spoiler

So, is the Awoken female the twin sister of the Emissary or is that guy the twin brother of the Drifter?

or is the Drifter the twin brother of Dredgen Yor or Shin Malphur?

Speaking of that, I finally read the Thorn lorebook.

Mind blown..

Spoiler

It does not appear that the Drifter came up with the idea of Gambit or Gambit Prime...

It looks like Shin Malphur did.

Shin is leading a double life as himself and masquerading as Dredgen Vale, one of the founders of the Shadows of Yor.

Gambit and Gambit Prime are tests to see which Guardians are capable of using the Darkness as a weapon against itself while resisting the temptation to succumb to it.. 

The Guardians that show signs of fully embracing the Darkness are hunted down by Shin himself. 

Gambit serves as training for Guardians on how to best combat the Taken and Gambit Prime is like a final exam.

He believes that Guardian with an affinity for Light and Darkness will be the best agents against the Darkness since:

a) They will be empowered to use the Weapons of Sorrow against the agents of the Darkness and.

b) They will have a better understanding of their enemy and what needs to be done to defeat it.

The contents of the Thorn lorebook made me nearly as angry as stuff in the Most Loyal lorebook did.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I got a 700 Trust with Dragonfly / Explosive Payload last night after completing the Vanilla Gambit weekly challenge. 

I have 3 versions of Trust right now - just because I haven't moved stuff to my Warlock and I wanted to see which one is best.

My favorite version (which is the one that is masterworked) has Genesis/Explosive Payload. I have no complaints

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have 3 versions of Trust right now - just because I haven't moved stuff to my Warlock and I wanted to see which one is best.

My favorite version (which is the one that is masterworked) has Genesis/Explosive Payload. I have no complaints

I am not crazy about the Genesis perk since it is PvE perk.  I prefer my load-out to be multipurpose.

If I were smart, I'd keep one weapon with Genesis on for each element type in my Vault for use in Nightfalls since I almost always run Match Game.

Edited by J.T.

I have better hand cannons for PvP thus I don't ever see myself using Trust then

Heck right now I am gonna have sex with the rotation I have of Ace of Spades and Breakneck in my Kinetic slot and my masterworked Vestian Dynasty with Firefly in my Energy slot

Flashpoint is on Titan..  

I'll probably skip it in favor of working the Revelry content, Gambit Prime / Reckoning, Blind Well / Ascendant Challenge, and the IB for this week.

I'll also check the Nightfalls to see if anything is worth grinding.  I've never done Corrupted for 100K or the Secret Triumph and I'd like to put my hands on a curated Warden's Law or a Long Goodbye with a good roll.

Most likely I'll grind out Spider's local Tangled Shore bounties when I get to the crib so that I can get the Ghost Fragments I need for his Enhancement Core bounties and slowly grind towards my Praxic Fire reward package and Powerful Engram reward from Ikora.

Between that and the revelations from the Drifter and Thorn lore books, I am continually reassured by the content that choosing to support the Vanguard was the right way to go.

Edited by J.T.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know why you would skip it since Titan is one of the places you can legit finish in 15 minutes

I don't really need the infusion fodder.  I need cores to masterwork the shit I already have.

And only God knows how long it will take to grind out the GP Wins weekly bounty.  Knowing my luck, I will pull the worst retards in all of Matchmaking to my teams for matches and it will take forever to transition to the IB.

And then the Reckoning will have like Prism and Blackout and I will fail nine times in a row and be furious.

Edited by J.T.