DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Well, the game decided to strictly enforce the Invitation of the Nine bounty this week. 

Unlike last week, where any enemy kills in the system counted towards the bounty, the only Hive kills that count towards the bounty were Hive kills on Mercury so you had to buy the Bug In The System heroic mission from Brother Vance and farm it for the Hive samples.

The talk between the Emissary and the Nine was pretty interesting.  The dialogue is gender based depending on the sex of your Guardian and seems to break the third wall and there is other weird shit going on.

Reveal hidden contents

Guess I’m not doing the invitation this week as with the little time as I will have when I get back home tomorrow - I’m not fucking grinding on Mercury

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Guess I’m not doing the invitation this week as with the little time as I will have when I get back home tomorrow - I’m not fucking grinding on Mercury

You will get Cabal and Vex samples in no time flat because those are the only enemy types there.

I got all of my Vex samples during a single Vex Crossroads Heroic PE and Cabal samples didn't take that long to collect. 

I probably could've farmed the Mercury Lost Sector for Vex samples as well.

Farming Hive is also easy when you run Bug In The System and Vance sells that Heroic Daily in his inventory.

It won't take you that long to complete everything, unless you're just protesting because you hate grinding on Mercury.

Edited by J.T.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, the game decided to strictly enforce the Invitation of the Nine bounty this week. 

Unlike last week, where any enemy kills in the system counted towards the bounty, the only Hive kills that count towards the bounty were Hive kills on Mercury so you had to buy the Bug In The System heroic mission from Brother Vance and farm it for the Hive samples.

Well that is some straight up bullshit, but it does explain why I couldn't get any Cabal or Hive samples last night. Thank you for mentioning this. Suppose I will finally hit Mercy again. I do have another weapon thing to turn in so I suppose there is that. Still its easily my least favorite world in the game.

This game confuses me so

Since I am behind - this week it has me catching up on the Invitations as I am on Nessus with the strike I have to do being Inverted Spire (It's the High Priestess one)

I am not complaining but still

I got two runs of the Revelry in before SDL started

I already like it more than the Halloween one (maybe because you are doing the Forest during the day)

All the Triumphs are reasonable - you just have to make sure you are constantly doing it (especially the bounties)

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I got two runs of the Revelry in before SDL started

I already like it more than the Halloween one (maybe because you are doing the Forest during the day)

All the Triumphs are reasonable - you just have to make sure you are constantly doing it (especially the bounties)

Yes, I dig the fact that the triumphs are just grindy and don't ask you to do nearly impossible things.

I've already had a run where my fireteam of randos cleared over 30 branches and nuked five out of five end bosses in the final round, so I am only two or three triumphs away from the Arbalest and got to knock that damned Kill 3 End Boss triumph out of the box early in the event.

I've collected over 300 of those Revelry Essence thingies thus far, so I can buy Arbalest once I clear my seventh event triumph and complete the Party Hard triumph.

And yeah, it is much easier to navigate the forest in broad daylight, especially when it comes to finding the hidden chests.  I'm glad that the devs reward you with a time bonus as well as loot for making the effort to explore the side branches for those damned chests.

I am one armor piece short (the gauntlets) of a full set if Inaugural Revelry Armor, but I have enough pieces to start chipping away at the Kill Revelry Bosses While Wearing At Least 4 Pieces Of Armor triumph.  Once I buy the Arbalest, I can stop hoarding essences and use them for stat boosting.

It is nigh impossible to efficiently generate Orbs of Light in Crucible via headshots, so it looks like I will be playing lots of Gambit and Gambit Prime to get that Revelry Competitive triumph done.

I need to cut the grass at my mom's crib, so I will be on a little later than usual tonight.  I got Blind Well done this morning, so I will knock out AC this afternoon, grind a few strikes, try to secure a couple more wins in Gambit Primer, and then see about some Tier 3 Reckoning.

Edited by J.T.

First time through - we were flying and then a dude dropped. Me and the other dude still got all the way to the bosses but we had no chance.

I have to assume they won't have people join mid-session which stinks

The 2nd run through - we got through 3 bosses before running out of time which I was happy with considering it was clear none of us still really knew what was going on.

I am going to have to spam Crucible first before going back to the Revelry because I think I have 3 different bounties that require 5 match completions that I grabbed yesterday but didn't do yet.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am going to have to spam Crucible first before going back to the Revelry because I think I have 3 different bounties that require 5 match completions that I grabbed yesterday but didn't do yet.

IIRC, you can grind either Crucible, Gambit, or Gambit Prime for the Revelry Competitive weekly bounty.

I chose to grind Gambit Prime since I also needed to grind this weeks GP Wins weekly bounty along with the GP Sentry Helmet weekly bounty. 

Once I completed my 4 GP matches for the week (only two wins... fuck..), I went to play some Supremacy and managed to eke out a victory.

I am like four wins away from closing out the Supremacy game mode triumph, so I will play some more during the week in the hope that I can back into enough wins so finish it up.

Once your gameplay blinders are up, the Revelry Competitive weekly bounty doesn't feel like it take that long to finish.

Edited by J.T.

No chance I touch FP this week until the weekend. Fucking Mercury.

I guess I should finish all these random quests I have no that I am at 700 - like doing the Drifter missions and unlocking Izanami)

OH! I just remembered - I also have to do strikes/Nightfalls. If you are on when I am on - I might as for help for doing one Nightfall at least

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

No chance I touch FP this week until the weekend. Fucking Mercury.

OH! I just remembered - I also have to do strikes/Nightfalls. If you are on when I am on - I might as for help for doing one Nightfall at least

I am also avoiding the Mercury FP and the Daily.  I am 700 LL and there is no reason to put myself through that misery for a piece of Powerful Gear that I really don't need.

I ran Pyramidion last night for score with the DARPA Clan but I still haven't gotten the Nightfall Triumph done, so I can run that with you in the hope that we can keep Brakion from keeping his barrier up for more than 40 seconds and pray that our rando doesn't fuck things up.

I am one triumph shy of getting the Arbalest.  I have over 500 Revelry Essences in my inventory, so I have enough to buy it.

Getting the Orb of Light kills in Strikes / Raids and in Gambit / Crucible is as grindy as I expected it to be.

I have a full set of Revelry Armor, so two or three good runs should do it for killing Verdant Forrest bosses while wearing that gear.

I hate that there are only five Revelry bounties per day, but the PvP ones can take one or two Gambit / Crucible matches to complete so knocking all of them out for the day can get pretty time consuming.  I'm glad I have until May 7th to get all of this shit done.

I finished the Thorn lore book last night, but I didn't really have a chance to read it yet.  Just as I was about to toss Thorn in the vault, I checked my EDZ triumphs and noticed that I now have the Mark of the Devourer triumph available so now I have to get some Crucible and Gambit Prime kills with Thorn in order to unlock it.

Crucible was fucking brutal as I kept getting put up against 5 and 6 mans

But I had some bounties with timers so I wasn't being picky.

I have three pieces of Revelry armor now and I think 5 triumphs so far.

I did get my first full completion done so that was nice.

Would have had an even better night if I didn't keep getting Babooned

Iron Banner with Double Valor will be next week

Bungie has already announced that there will be one more IB after this one this season.

They have already announced they will not be bringing back Iron Burden for Season 7

Crucible is chaos right now due to 24/7 grenades

That being said there is still nothing better when Shaxx starts losing his mind.

I was in a match where we real close to getting mercied and then it all clicked and we started rolling and the crescendo is building as we are getting closer and then we take the lead and I thought Shaxx was going to have a heart attack since he was going on something like THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD ROLL YOU AND YOU WOULD NOT LET IT HAPPEN!!!

God I love this game sometimes

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:51 PM, Eivion said:

I wonder how many people actually used the Iron Burden.

I saw a couple of Wizened Rebukes out there last IB, so at least one or two people suffered through that bullshit.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Crucible is chaos right now due to 24/7 grenades.

I know, isn't it great?  

I'm serious, it's pretty awesome if you embrace the meta.  Thanks to the fizzy Revelry beverage's grenade cooldown buff, Impact mods, and Exotic Armor pieces that affect grenades, you can literally throw them constantly...

I ran into some assholes running Arcstriders with the Shinobu's Vow and spamming Skip Grenades and that inspired me to counter it by running my Nightstalker with Way of the Wraith and spamming Voidwall Grenades.  I can literally bathe an entire area in purple fire if I lob enough grenades.

Not only does this help with area control, but my Outlawed Collector helmet has Ashes to Assets so I get Super Energy when I get a Grenade Kills and that lends itself to more frequent Spectral Blades runs that are made more annoying to my foes thanks to my Gwisin Vest.

In one match I nearly had a double digit Super kill count.  I normally average four kills per match with my Super, but this time I almost had ten kills thanks to Ashes to Asset grenade kills and the orbs generated by other players.  That is almost game breaking.

I don't have a Young Ahamkara's Spine, so I am not sure how it works with Tripmines, since I think they need to detonate before you can throw another, but you should get your grenade energy back almost immediately.

Players are going to keep doing this until the end of the Revelry so you may as well join in.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, RIPPA said:

Iron Banner with Double Valor will be next week

Yep,  I'll be using Thorn to smoke fools and chip away at the Mark of the Devourer triumph.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, RIPPA said:

I have three pieces of Revelry armor now and I think 5 triumphs so far.

I have a full set and I also have the ornament for the helmet.  I usually shred gear I think I won't need, but I may at least keep the helmet with the Revelry Wings 

I'm kinda bummed that the ornament comes via RNG when you buy Eva's reward packages with your Revelry Essences.  I have been racking my brain trying to figure out if there was a Secret Triumph involved in getting the helmet ornament,, but there doesn't appear to be a Secret Triumph associated with this event.

I am two wins away from knocking out the Supremacy game mode triumph but I am also one completion shy of the Sentry Helmet weekly bounty so it's back to the Reckoning after I do some more yardwork for my mom..... if it's not pouring when I leave work for the day.

I am dumb.  I realized last Thursday that I have an Outlawed Collectors Helmet and not a Notorious one, so I need to do the Collect / Conquer weekly bounty next week so that I get the right helmet to complete my Notorious Collector set.

The Collector set is my running around armor since it goes well with my Liar's Handshake and Gwisin Vest.  I wear Notorious Reaper pieces with my Ophidia Spathe.

Edited by J.T.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, RIPPA said:

Well this isn't gonna help

I don't think that orbs are disabled in Quickplay or the other PvP modes, so you should still be able to get the Revelry Competitive triumph done in the IB if you play enough matches. 

Just remember to keep up your supply of Essences so that you can spam grenades along with everyone else.  A 700 should be able to get a bunch of grenade kills against low lights in the IB and like I said before, everyone will be exploiting this until the end of the event so you may as well do it too.

Ideally, they need to fix that shit before the IB because not everyone likes going into the Crucible and a lot of people depend on Gambit matches for their Revelry Competitive progress.

Edited by J.T.

I only need to finish bounties and Crucible orbs of light and I am done with Revelry

That is the only problem with GrenadeFest 2019 - it is a lot harder to get precision kills (which are the only orbs that count) when everything is on fire.

I am working from home today so outside of doing the new bounties this afternoon - I gotta catch up and completing FP and Gambit stuff.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I only need to finish bounties and Crucible orbs of light and I am done with Revelry

That is the only problem with GrenadeFest 2019 - it is a lot harder to get precision kills (which are the only orbs that count) when everything is on fire.

I'm in the same boat which is why I am bummed about orbs being disabled in Gambit. 

Hopefully it gets fixed before Reset because GrenadeFest is going to extend into the IB and opportunities for headshot kills will be even more scare, especially since I will be using Thorn most of the time and will hope that I get more headshot kills than DoT kills while working on the Mark of the Devourer triumph

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Hopefully it gets fixed before Reset because GrenadeFest is going to extend into the IB and opportunities for headshot kills will be even more scare, especially since I will be using Thorn most of the time and will hope that I get more headshot kills than DoT kills while working on the Mark of the Devourer triumph

It isn't getting fixed period.

It said in their post that it will be turned off for the rest of the event.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It isn't getting fixed period.

It said in their post that it will be turned off for the rest of the event.

Well the triumph specifically states that you have to generate orbs of light while under the influence of the Revelry buff, so hopefully that counts for normal orbs as well as the precision shot ones since you are always under the influence of the Revelry buff for as long as the event lasts..

I will cast a few supers in Gambit this afternoon to test that theory.  I need to finish knocking out the weekly challenge for normal Gambit anyway.  if it works, I will be spamming a lot of Supers and using Masterwork Weapons in Vanilla Gambit until I complete the triumph.

Edited by J.T.

Check your Bungie Rewards because I think you can claim a special emblem for completing the Super Kills triumph for the Revelry.

And yes, the Arbalest is a PvE nightmare.  You can stagger any shielded enemy with it when you break their barrier regardless of the element type.

That is just absurd.