DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

OH~!  I noticed that in addition to The Draw aka The Last Word quest, Drifter also give you a pursuit marker for The Whisper.... as if that will somehow convince me that suffering through that frustrating run is a good idea.

I'm happy that the weekend only time gate is gone, but the only way I would grind that shit was if the mission timer was eliminated. 

I would be more likely to stubbornly platform my way to the bottom of the pit and die a bazillion times en route if I didn't feel pressured by time restraints.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Which Crucible step?  The Kill or Die step of the Revenge Medal step?

The +2 / -1 step doesn't really bother me because as long as you finish positive, you should be getting mission progress.  You'd have to consistently finish with an ER below 0.50 for your meter to start to degrade.

The +2/-1 step. The Revenge Medal just sounds tedious. The other means you can easily lose tons of progress due to one unlucky/bad game which is an issue for something with generally shitty matchmaking ability. I just think they would have been better off not making it out as a quest for everyone if they were going that route.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

OH~!  I noticed that in addition to The Draw aka The Last Word quest, Drifter also give you a pursuit marker for The Whisper.... as if that will somehow convince me that suffering through that frustrating run is a good idea.

I'm happy that the weekend only time gate is gone, but the only way I would grind that shit was if the mission timer was eliminated. 

I would be more likely to stubbornly platform my way to the bottom of the pit and die a bazillion times en route if I didn't feel pressured by time restraints.

That is pretty much how it is for me as well.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Kill step isn’t that bad. As long as you are above a .5 K/D you are making progress 

Assists count, so actually you only have to maintain a .5 KA/D to make progress.  As long as the guy you put a bullet into dies in a timely manner, you're good.  I'm up to the Crucible part in my Last Wish quest, so I will be putting fools in the dirt when I get home from work,

It has taken me nearly two seasons, but I finally got my Wish Ender last night.  Dylan, Jake, and I ground out Shattered Throne to completion and then went back for the Tokens run.  The purple & gold ornament for my bow is so PRETTY~!

Our initial clear took us about an hour.  I was surprised by how fast we put Vorgeth down.  I almost forgot that I had a Purification Ritual that required me to kill that bastard while Ascended.   I quaffed my Queensfoil tincture with seconds to spare before we killed the ogre.

Oh and the Queen's audience for the week was rather interesting:

Spoiler

I think that was the last one we will get in the throne room so it does look like Mara's run as the Pirate Queen and leading from the front will come soon, which means that Last Wish will be patched so that players can permanently break the Dreaming City curse and fucking Guardian Uldren will probably play a large role.

I do not want Uldren redeemed.  I want him dead.... again...

That being said, it is high time I got myself a Last Wish clear since the only Forsaken exotic I am missing is the One Thousand Voices fusion rifle from the raid.

• Like 1

I just watched the entirety of Kackis's nearly ninety minute video about the Last Wish raid and I now need to take a fucking Advil.

I didn't think that Bungie could create raid mechanics that were more befuddling than the ones in King's Fall, but here they are.

I will try to do this raid enough times to get One Thousand Voices and then I'm not going to do it ever again, unless DARPA is going to try to get clears in house.

If the How To For Dummies video is almost an hour and a half, I can only imagine how long the actual raid lasts.

Time to start whoring myself out on LFG as a seeker of knowledge.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I remember when I watched part of Datto's video about the Last Wish and I was like "I am so happy I don't give a fuck about raids in this game"

In defense of Datto and Kackis, their groups ran the encounter fairly cheese free.

Most people just kill Riven like this:

So my best bet may be just to get really good at the Riven checkpoint and LFG myself to folks running the last part of the Raid and hope I luck out and get the OTV before I go nuts.

Jesus, Spire of Stars looks like it's about as much fun as punching yourself in the dick.

There is a triumph associated with clearing it but no achievements, so fuck that raid.

Once of these days I may have to talk myself into a Prestige Leviathan run, though.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

It has taken me nearly two seasons, but I finally got my Wish Ender last night.  Dylan, Jake, and I ground out Shattered Throne to completion and then went back for the Tokens run.  The purple & gold ornament for my bow is so PRETTY~!

Our initial clear took us about an hour.  I was surprised by how fast we put Vorgeth down.  I almost forgot that I had a Purification Ritual that required me to kill that bastard while Ascended.   I quaffed my Queensfoil tincture with seconds to spare before we killed the ogre.

Oh and the Queen's audience for the week was rather interesting:

Hide contents

I think that was the last one we will get in the throne room so it does look like Mara's run as the Pirate Queen and leading from the front will come soon, which means that Last Wish will be patched so that players can permanently break the Dreaming City curse and fucking Guardian Uldren will probably play a large role.

I do not want Uldren redeemed.  I want him dead.... again...

Congrats on gettign Wish Ender. For some reason I thought you already had it.

Spoiler

I assuming things with Dreaming City finally comes to a head a month or two after the next DLC, something to fill up the time between then and Penumbra. Supposedly Guardian Uldren won't have a big place in the finale for Dreaming City.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I just watched the entirety of Kackis's nearly ninety minute video about the Last Wish raid and I now need to take a fucking Advil.

I didn't think that Bungie could create raid mechanics that were more befuddling than the ones in King's Fall, but here they are.

I will try to do this raid enough times to get One Thousand Voices and then I'm not going to do it ever again, unless DARPA is going to try to get clears in house.

If the How To For Dummies video is almost an hour and a half, I can only imagine how long the actual raid lasts.

Time to start whoring myself out on LFG as a seeker of knowledge.

This shit is why i'm afraid to try any raids. They just seem so damn time consuming with weird mechanics you need a mic to really pull off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Congrats on gettign Wish Ender. For some reason I thought you already had it.

Nope.  Most of the DARPA folks were too low in light to do the Shattered Throne dungeon so I held off until some of them were high enough to come with me.

I hate doing big events like raids in a fireteam made up mostly of random blueberries.  I'd rather help out clan mates and friends..

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

This shit is why i'm afraid to try any raids. They just seem so damn time consuming with weird mechanics you need a mic to really pull off.

I hate raids because they bring out the worst in people. 

Gaming with your friends or gaming with people you are trying to make friends with should be fun, but the stress of the mechanics makes for toxic chat especially if you have like three or four people who think they should be in charge and think that they know better than the fireteam leader.

That's why when I am on a raid, I keep my mouth shut so that I can follow direction.  If I do talk, it is to tell the backseat drivers to shut the fuck up so that the raid leader can call out his signals.

I'm at 14% in the Crucible part of The Draw.  I went 1.38 ER in one match and 1.0 ER in another.  Not up to my usual standards, but at least I didn't finish negative.  I was also bummed that I didn't get a win.  I've still got three matches to compete in for the PvP Weekly Challenge, though.

I went 2-0 in Gambit last night.  The second match was interesting because I was the blueberry rolling with a three-man fireteam and we were up against another three man fireteam and their blueberry.

My teammates were helping each other gather so they refused to invade.  Somehow we managed to win the first round without invading, but the second round got a bit dicey so I took it upon myself to hog purple because I knew we would probably lose if I didn't invade.

So every time the other team invaded our zone, I invaded the enemy player's zone.  I managed to cap at least two players per invasion to keep their Prime Evil healed until my dipshit teammates finally managed to murder our envoys and clap the enemy invader before he healed our Prime Evil.  I needed those assholes to get a stop so that we could pull ahead.

On my last invasion, I clapped three players and pinned down the last player so he couldn't make a move to the Invasion Portal without getting shredded.  By that time, my team had our PE nearly beat and I came back just in time to throw my BB and finish melting the bastard.

I wish I had videoed my last invasion.  It was Twitch worthy.

I'm nearly done with the triumph for getting kills with Le Monarque during a Gofannon Forge ignition and I need to complete two more Nightfalls for the S5 Vanguard Triumph, so I will try to knock those out this weekend in addition to running the Lock & Key strike for my Izanami's Burden quest.

I took Monday and Tuesday off to give myself a small break in between shifts, but my boo teleworks on Monday so I won't be gaming that much.  I start Midnight - 8AM on Thursday night / Friday morning.

For those of you who want to see the Queen's Court cutscene for the week, but aren't arsed enough to grind Blind Well.

Spoiler

If the whole "a side should be taken even if it's the wrong side" stuff sounds familiar...

Yes, I marked big time.  We that most likely the identity of the Exo Stranger is Ana Bray's sister, Elsie, so hopefully the metaplot has Ana doing more than just being the Mars vendor once the Exo Stranger makes her return to the game.

As much as I love Ana, it would be cool if they killed her off and swapped Elsie in as the Mars Vendor just to keep shaking things up.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I haven't played this game in three weeks yet here I am watching solo runs of Whisper debating if I am crazy enough to try it

Nope.  Gonna either do it with clan mates or find some guys on LFG to roll with me.

Since I am a shitty jumper, it may end up being a carry job.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Nope.  Gonna either do it with clan mates or find some guys on LFG to roll with me.

Since I am a shitty jumper, it may end up being a carry job.

Going solo would eliminate my extreme guilt about holding everyone back due to my shitty jumping.

And since I have completed the jumping in the past I know I can do it

It seems that completing the jumping so you have enough time finish is the biggest obstacle

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Going solo would eliminate my extreme guilt about holding everyone back due to my shitty jumping.

And since I have completed the jumping in the past I know I can do it

It seems that completing the jumping so you have enough time finish is the biggest obstacle

Going on my own and succeeding would also absolve me of holding everyone else up, but it would also seem like a waste of a trip if I couldn't help someone else out in the process. 

I'm used to being the one that's doing the carrying, not the one being carried.  I think that's the main reason I fucking hate the Whisper quests and Ascendant Challenges as jumping puzzles in this iteration of the game do not favor Hunters.

I have seen videos of Hunters making the run in three or four minutes with Stompees, running the bottom Arcstrider tree, and running a Lightweight weapon as their Primary, so one day when I feel masochistic, I may make some practice runs to see if I can get the route down.  

God forbid I actually make it down there on a run I was doing for shits and giggles.

I am going to aim to finally finish Forsaken this weekend. I took my first stab at a Gambit match yesterday, and I netted a 500 level chest piece, which I can't use because I'm 390 and not a high enough level. The challenges of playing this game with limited time and not a normal crew on PS4.

I lost 2 Crucible matches. My ER was .63 or so for both. Lost 19% on the Last Word quest. The first game had someone constantly getting me with the Chaperone which has ridiculous range. The second game saw at least one person on my team drop out before it over was done while my damage for whatever reason seemed to not count around 70% of the time.

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I lost 2 Crucible matches. My ER was .63 or so for both. Lost 19% on the Last Word quest. The first game had someone constantly getting me with the Chaperone which has ridiculous range. 

Chaperone is a precision heavy slug thrower instead of a pellet spreader, so it has exceptional range for a shotgun class weapon and it hits like a truck. 

I hate using it because I don't have the armor perks to keep it on target and I don't like having "D1 Secondary" class weapons like snipers or shotguns in my Kinetic / Primary slot.

It appears to be the favored complimentary weapon for Luna's Howl users, so always check the incoming player queue when you're about to step into the Crucible.

If I see fireteams larger than two or three members or if more than two players are armed with Luna's Howl or Not Forgotten, I tend to dump the queue and start over.  

Being on the same team as a Luna user is just as bad as being on the other side.  If the Luna user is on your team, there will be practically no one to shoot at because the Luna user is going to drop enemy players in a hurry.

If he is on the other side, he is going to outgun you most of the time if he is the one that shoots first.

Always go into a Crucible match thinking that any of the players will be on the other team and if you don't have a good feeling about how well your load-out matches up against theirs as you scan the incoming player queue, find another lobby.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What's making me laugh is all the videos I watch are of Titans doing it (because... duh) and at some point there is always THIS IS MUCH EASIER FOR A HUNTER TO DO!!!

All Hunters know that is bullshit.  In order to get max distance and height from out jumps, our timing must be almost impeccable.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

All Hunters know that is bullshit.  In order to get max distance and height from out jumps, our timing must be almost impeccable.

Hence why I will never do Whisper, the last Ascendant Challenge (though the game said I did for whatever reason), or get all of the Dreaming City eggs and lore.

We didn't run Last Wish last night.  Folks in the guild gave Anthem a try and came away disappointed.  I tapped out around 9:30 last night and got caught up with my True Detective eps on HBO Go.

The kill counter for The Draw quest is weird.  I had a 18 Kill / 4.25 ER match last night that got me up from 14% to 47% and then I had a 11 Kill / 0.89 ER match that held my progress steady when I probably should've at least gone ahead a percentage point or two.

I fired up a Crucible match this morning before heading to work so that I could get in my 5th match for the Weekly Challenge and I had 12 Kills and a 2.0 ER, so now I am up to 65%.

I probably won't be on tonight as my boo... urgh... invited people over to our crib for the Super Bowl.

Bungie is going to make me work for this Black Armory riddle bullshit.  Ada-1 is selling the Powerful Bow Frame this week which means I have to wait another week to see if she sells the Powerful Sniper Rifle Frame so that I can finish the emblem puzzle crap in Volundr Forge and then move on to the next..

My boo and I were out and about most of yesterday enjoying the unseasonably mild weather, so  I didn't really play that much after the Reset.  I finished Flashpoint on Nessus and the Heroic Adventure daily challenge and that was about it.

I will take my shots at Jotunn tonight after work and knock out a couple of Nightfalls to seal the deal on my S5 Vanguard Triumph.  I'll probably run The Pyramidion once for score and again for the Siege Engine triumph.  That should complete the S5 Vanguard Triumph for running twenty five fucking Nightfall Strikes in Season 5.

I'm also nine or ten kills away from the Le Monarche / Gofannon Forge triumph so that is going to get done real soon.

I really should knock out the Dead Ghost shit for my lorebook stuff because I am always putting it off in favor of grinding light or Clan XP. 

Speaking of lorebooks, I finally did enough Daily Heroic Story crap to legit finish the Eva's Journey lorebook and collect my fifty fucking Triumph points. Good to know that the entries revealed during The Dawning could still be "unlocked" through gameplay.  I was kinda worried that I wasn't going to be able to finish that lorebook.

I still need to run the Lock & Key version of the Pyramidion heroic strike for Izanami's Burden and do more shit for The Draw, but I am in no hurry to finish either.