DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

It is sad.  I've noticed that I barely use the Ace of Spades anymore now that I have the Malfeasance.  Ace used to be my go-to hand cannon, but that changed after I completed Drifter's weapon quest.  I tossed the Ace in my Vault for nostalgia's sake.  I went through too much to unlock it and infuse it up to 650 to just shred it for shards. 

I know exactly how you feel. Ever since I realized how decent a weapon Malfeasance was for basically everything I have only used Ace once or twice. I still keep it on me, but I doubt I will use it much again until/unless they give us masterwork versions like the year one exotics.

Holy fuck.  I went 2-7 last night in the IB.  I managed to keep ERs above 1.5, but what is it about matchmaking that continually sticks me with people who do not play the objective. 

I am consistently being placed on teams that REFUSE to capture zones.  If I try to push on my own I will only end up getting killed,  so I just stay with the team as best I can and keep shooting at the people shooting at us. 

I put up great individual numbers, but that doesn't mean much to me if it doesn't result in victory.  Especially since I have a bounty that requires me to get wins and I don't want to get stuck grinding matches in search of a win.

I made two Lake of Shadows runs with my clan homies.  We all got Militia's Birthright grenade launchers.  Mine had shit rolls (Slideways & Auto Loading Holster), but Dubz got one with the Curated Roll.  He was elated at first, but that soon turned into pure rage.

Genesis is one of the perks on the Curated Roll.  Why?

What is a perk designed to buff elemental breaking doing on a KINETIC WEAPON~??  It's almost as infuriating as getting Hip Fire on a Scout Rifle, Sniper Rifle, or Linear Fusion Rifle... 

The state of Matchmaking coupled with the dumb perk thing has convinced me that Bungie devs are mostly idiots.

Speaking of dumb perks, my Build A Better Blast Furnace run yesterday netted me an Air Assault / Slideways gun.  I hate Izanami Forge.  If I get some trigger time over the MLK weekend, I may try to craft another BF, but I will probably try to finish grinding my last three IB bounties before Reset. 

I can always use the weapon parts and shards from shredded IB gear to convert into Mod Components.  Why the devs never gave Ada-1's Mod Component creation service to Banshee at Launch is just baffling.  Again, I honestly believe that the majority of them are stupid..

If there is no special event going on next week, I may end up not playing any D2 after I finish my Oracle offering stuff to keep the backstory going. 

I'll spend the middling Curse week playing RDR2 and then hit up Shattered Throne when the Curse is at its height again the following week.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you are curious - the This Week At Bungie has details on the weapons changes that are coming with the next patch

If they are as "game balancing" as the "adjustments" to Supers this week, I won't hold my breath

The top killer for the other team in one of my losses last night was a Nova Warp warlock who had 32 Kills and a 5.5 ER.

Nova Warp nerf, my ass.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's because supers haven't been nerfed yet

All the changes are coming at the end of the month

And they nerfed Hunters first.  As I said before, I am convinced that most of Bungie's devs are morons.

I got in enough playtime between Sunday and MLK to knock out all but one IB bounty.  I fucking hate the Orbs of Light production shit.

It looks like I need to be as active as possible in the IB this season since I fell short of the Get 50 Packages In One Season triumph in S4.  I got 42 out of 50 packages from Saladin last season and I hate the triumph for not keeping pace with how many I have earned this season.

I'll take my shots at Jotunn and run a few Nightfalls this week in between bouts of RDR2.  I don't plan on getting in much D2 this week unless the DARPA crew plans on running Spire of Stars or Last Wish. 

Dylan and I are the only ones high enough in light to run Scourge.

Bah.  Flashpoint is on Mars this week.  

I think I hate Mars Flashpoints more than the ones on Mercury because I hate collecting those stupid Resonance Stems after every PE that I can't shred individually and can't convert into Frequency Keys that I can discard until I get a stack of four.

I am thinking I will just forego the Flashpoint this week in favor of grinding Nightfalls for the S5 triumph and trying to nudge RNG into giving me Jotunn.

I did a good 7-8 IB this morning to try and finish up a few bounties, but this was probably the least IB I've managed ever since I really started trying for it. Just wasn;t super interested in grinding through it over other stuff like FO76, Punisher, and sleep. i did manage to finish two or three of the bounties.

I got Jottun yesterday when I did the Machine Gun frame at Bergusia. Haven't actually used it yet since I don't really use Fusion Rifles. Its just nice to have.

Not sure I will be doing much this week outside of the weekly Dreaming City Offering/Blind Well run and seeing if I can find a better version of Ringing Nail.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I did a good 7-8 IB this morning to try and finish up a few bounties, but this was probably the least IB I've managed ever since I really started trying for it. Just wasn;t super interested in grinding through it over other stuff like FO76, Punisher, and sleep. i did manage to finish two or three of the bounties.

I got Jottun yesterday when I did the Machine Gun frame at Bergusia. Haven't actually used it yet since I don't really use Fusion Rifles. Its just nice to have.

Not sure I will be doing much this week outside of the weekly Dreaming City Offering/Blind Well run and seeing if I can find a better version of Ringing Nail.

Urgh.  Forgot all about Blind Well.  I am definitely interested in keeping up with the meta dialogue since:

Spoiler

Ghost insulting Mara's leadership seems to be leading up to the whole Pirate Queen stuff we saw before Forsaken's launch.

I will probably hit up Ada-1 to see if I can get a better version of Tatara Gaze or maybe Hammerhead.  I'm not really crazy about having an auto-rifle gumming up my Energy Weapon slot when I don't really use "weird" weapons like shotguns or sidearms in my Primary slot.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I will probably hit up Ada-1 to see if I can get a better version of Tatara Gaze or maybe Hammerhead.  I'm not really crazy about having an auto-rifle gumming up my Energy Weapon slot when I don't really use "weird" weapons like shotguns or sidearms in my Primary slot. 

Honestly, I mostly use Ringing Nail for Bergusia and its mobs. It works out better than the Subtle Calamity. Keep in mind mine does have Dragonfly. Really wish I could get another enhancement mod for that one. The Malfeasance so rarely leaves my primary slot.

Apparently everyone in the game was trying to make a Hammerhead last night.  It took me forever to get the weapon frame calibrated.

No dice on getting the Jotunn on my first try.  I'll work on the Sniper Rifle frame this afternoon for Attempt Number Two.

I wanted to get in some Blind Well this morning, but I overslept.  I need to at least knock out Jotunn Try #2, Blind Well / Oracle Offering, and at least one Nightfall before I can call it square for the week.  I'm not really pressed about getting the Gambit or Crucible WC's done since I've already gotten the S5 triumphs for both.

I AM UP TO 40K TRIUMPH POINTS~!.  

I'll probably just do Savathun's Song twice (once for the score and the second time to clear the dumb projectile triumph) and maybe hit Will of a Thousands for that crappy transmat so that I can fill out my Collection.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Honestly, I mostly use Ringing Nail for Bergusia and its mobs. It works out better than the Subtle Calamity. Keep in mind mine does have Dragonfly. Really wish I could get another enhancement mod for that one. The Malfeasance so rarely leaves my primary slot.

As far as weapons go, I run my Breakneck with Rampage Spec in Bergusia along with an all Arc load-out that usually consists of Loaded Question and Thunderlord.  

Those Captains with their Arc barriers and Shrapnel Cannons are a pain in the ass and need to be put down quickly.

If I hate the roll I get from my Powerful Sniper Rifle Frame, I'll use it to infuse a Coldheart up to 650 and start lugging that to Bergusia along with my Boss Spec Play of the Game.

Whats funny is that with Bergusia open there is literally no reason to even hit the other forges unless you're after their emblems. Bergusia not only completes all frames, but its also how you can get the curated versions of said frames.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This hasn't happened to me, but I experienced something equally annoying.

I had a leftover Pulse Rifle weapon frame from last week and decided to knock it out before going for Attempt #2 for Jotunn for this week.

On the plus side, my new Blast Furnace has Zen Moment / High Impact Reserves / Masterwork Range / Steady Rounds & Flared Magwell. 

That's the closest I've come to my Ideal Pulse Rifle Roll (Zen Moment or Under Pressure / High Impact Reserves / Masterwork Handling and HC Rounds).  At least this rifle has a medium and long range zoom scopes to exploit the Masterwork Range, but I will have to use extreme situational awareness when I am reloading this weapon in the Crucible because the reload speed still sucks even with Flared Magwell.

Flared Magwell also adds a bit more handling but the handling score of the Blast Furnace is still bad.  

The Counterbalance Mod I put on it keeps the rifle on point, so I am hoping that I won't really have to be worried about being caught flat footed in PvP while I reload because dead players cannot shoot you while you are dropping a magazine.

Anyway, completing my Blast Furnace rifle constituted my second weapon forge of the week, so Ada-1 gave me my 650 armor piece with shit perks and took the Powerful Sniper Rifle frame out of her inventory.  I was quite pissed off getting robbed of my second shot at getting Jotunn.

If her inventory does not revert back to her original stock from this past reset, I will be stuck with a Ballistics Report in my inventory that will go poof by next Tuesday.

To add insult to injury, I got the Win A Gambit Match bounty and could not buy a victory to save my life.  I think I finished all of my Gambit bounties (including the fucking Weekly Challenge bounty) before finally getting a win after going 0-6.  I should've just rage quit and started playing RDR2, but I got stubborn and pinned my ears back.

I also went 0-2 in the Crucible last night, but at least I didn't place lower than third on my team and never went negative in ER.  The new Blast Furnace rifle performed very well from medium and long range, so I am pretty happy about that.  I have to remind myself that this rifle doesn't have Headseeker on it, so I have to wait until the clip is nearly empty before I reload so that High Impact Reserves stays in effect.

I have three matches to go before I complete the WC for the Crucible, but that shit can go hang.  I'm going to knock out at least two Nightfalls this afternoon after work and then I am gong to raise some cowboy hell.  I'm kinda hoping that no one wants to raid tonight, because I really don't want to spend all night trying to kack Riven even though I really should get myself a Last Wish clear before S5 ends.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

If her inventory does not revert back to her original stock from this past reset, I will be stuck with a Ballistics Report in my inventory that will go poof by next Tuesday.

Should be able to keep a stack Ballistic Logs up to 5 after the next update which I think is next reset.

46 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Should be able to keep a stack Ballistic Logs up to 5 after the next update which I think is next reset.

Correct - the update is Tuesday, Jan 29

The crucible step for Last Word kind of pisses me off. That shit is fine for crucible pinnacle weapons. Its pretty shitty to give a crucible based progress losing step for a quest you expect more or less everyone to go through. That damn thing is already unstable as it is starting games w/o full rosters and shitty matchmaking.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

The crucible step for Last Word kind of pisses me off. That shit is fine for crucible pinnacle weapons. Its pretty shitty to give a crucible based progress losing step for a quest you expect more or less everyone to go through. That damn thing is already unstable as it is starting games w/o full rosters and shitty matchmaking.

Which Crucible step?  The Kill or Die step of the Revenge Medal step?

The +2 / -1 step doesn't really bother me because as long as you finish positive, you should be getting mission progress.  You'd have to consistently finish with an ER below 0.50 for your meter to start to degrade.

The Revenge Medal progress step is more annoying to me because that means in order to get a medal, I either have to kill the player that last killed me or help kill the player that recently killed one of my teammates. 

I can see players on teams not trying as hard as they should to cover other teammates in order to get the opportunity to score a cheap Dish Served Cold medal.

I tend to get at least five or six Dish Served Cold medals along with one or two Blood for Bloods, so my concern is about the length of time it will take to grind through that step. 

PvP can get frustrating in a hurry and I can see myself trailing off to do something else if I get into a really bad PvP slump or run into too many sweaty matches with me matchmade with the gimp team and getting butchered squads of highly trained axe murderers..

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But it's Mayhem week JT! MAYHEM~!

Yay!  I can go and eat six supers in a row and then blow myself up with my own flaming knives~!  THANKS, BUNGIE~!

Oh, and I am bummed.  No Jotunn for me this week.  I did, however, manage to do the Hammerhead shooting puzzle in Volundr Forge without going crazy.  I like my Rasmussen emblem almost as much as the Black Tiger upgrade to the Veteran emblem.

Now I regret shredding the BA bow thinking that I would never use it and shredding the Tatara Gaze for the Dragonfly spec I want to put on a Crooked Fang FR4 since Ada-1 is selling neither the Bow nor the Sniper Rifle frames this week.  Time Gates are bullshit.

I do, however, have renewed shots at gaming the forges to try to get a Under Pressure or Zen Moment / Headseeker roll for a Blast Furnace over the next couple of days.

I finally got to put an Obsidian Radiance on my Hammerhead yesterday.  We'll see what the damage buff looks like when I am grinding forges for my pulse rifle.

Oh, and it looks like TACOM may close early today due to the ARCTIC BLAST~!, so Dylan and Josh and I will probably try to beat Shattered Throne this afternoon if they are not struggling to stay warm once they get home.