DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

This is good to know and terrible. I really will need to hit up LFG. So any good Leviathan guides out there?

There are a couple, but all you really need is one guy to help you with the lock puzzle to get to the Underbelly.  You don't even have to travel in that far to get to the room near the Transit Chest key. 

There are four Watchers in there that you can farm for lenses and then go back to orbit and find a planet to hit up some PEs.

• Like 1

Hmm.  Either the D2 app is glitched or it is revealing upcoming content that it shouldn't.

I made two Gofannon Forge runs this morning to use up my Polymer and get a set of Blacksmith boots (I got a helmet instead....), but the event name for the forge ignition is Iron Banner Salvage.

Almost forgot,  I saw a couple of players running with Jotun in the Crucible this morning.

It is the weirdest looking Fusion Rifle I've ever seen.  Not sure what it does exactly since I didn't see it used very much. 

I was too busy dying on the other side of the map from where my team was lollygagging instead of capturing zones.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

At least it doesn't have a lot of platforming puzzles that obviously discriminate against Hunters and our shitty shitty Triple Jump which guarantees that I will never bother with the Whisper quest or suffer through any more Ascendant Challenges.

I'm willing to do the first three or so challenges for power, but pretty much have a fuck the rest attitude. Also with me being at 650 I pretty much don;t have to give a shit about them for another 2 months or whenever Joker's Wild releases.

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Is this going to significantly change anything about the game?

Most people reckon that if anything changes it won't really be until the Fall at the earliest since they have all the stuff planned out till then (which is part of the Annual Pass folks were buying with the start of Black Armory)

Basically everything I am reading/watching seems to imply that its basically does Bungie decided to start on Destiny 3 and make the "final/expand for infinity" game or try and change D2 into whatever vision they have for it

• Like 1

They finally posted a TWAB on Saturday and outside of admitting that Niobe Labs was unsolvable because it was broken the only real news is that IB is back this week

Oh and the next update is the one that is going to change all the supers

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They finally posted a TWAB on Saturday and outside of admitting that Niobe Labs was unsolvable because it was broken the only real news is that IB is back this week

I got all of my S5 IB triumphs done during the previous one.  I may grind the tournament to earn more packages and get bounties done for the other triumphs, but my real goal is to get that Bergusia Forge ignited some time this week.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and the next update is the one that is going to change all the supers

I heard something about Blade Barrage damaging hunters if too close now while some of the supers for Warlocks and Titans being buffed. Again I ask why Bungie hates Hunters?

Per the notes - the two supers getting nerfed are Blade Barrage and Nova Warp. All the other supers, on all the classes are getting buffs

Blade Barrage 
The damage is now heavily weighted on the delayed explosion instead of the knife impact
Now deals self-damage if the knives explode too close
Fixed a bug where the knives would track allies

Nova Warp
Slower movement while charging
Charging costs more energy and overall duration is reduced
Damage resistance reduced very slightly
PvP damage reduction
Charged detonation will no longer be able to one shot another player in their Super, provided it has damage resistance

The Nova Warp changes above are all small, but we think together they will help bring it down into a good place—a place similar to the Supers that we're raising up. 

it seems like they really want hunters to use Golden Gun since they are buffing how long it lasts and shortening how long it takes to get it

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47570

Scroll down to the Over 9000 part if you want to see the full list

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

it seems like they really want hunters to use Golden Gun since they are buffing how long it lasts and shortening how long it takes to get it

And that is really fucking stupid. Nerfing BB isn't going to get me to use Golden Gun. I would rather just switch back to Shadow Shot or Stealth Blades.

• Like 1

What Eivion said. 

If they want to get me to use GG, either they'll give me a better Damage Reduction buff when I activate it or they will re-introduce the Combustion AoE effect and neither of those things is ever likely to happen.

I have helped team shoot so many Gunslingers out of their super before they fired their second or third GG shot that it isn't funny.

GG will never be the room clearing Super that it used to be in PvE and PvP and that's why no Solar Hunters use it anymore.

If this BB nerf sucks too much in PvP, I'll just use Spectral Blades or Arcstaff more often. 

I'll still use BB in Gambit and Volundr or Gofannon Forge ignitions.  I might shift to GG for Izanagi ignitions , but we'll see..

Speaking of Forge Ignitions, I knocked out my first Bergusia Forge ignition last night!  It has the sane mechanics as Gofannon so there isn't a lot of strat involved, but it is a 650 encounter so the Fallen do a lot more damage. 

The Walker Tank fight can be a pain in the ass if you forgot all of your Devil's Lair tactics.  You need to find a happy balance between clearing adds and shooting at the tank. 

Hunter mains should probably avoid using Blade Barrage and either run Shadowshot for orb creation / crowd control or Arcstaff for arc barrier damage and crowd control. 

I would probably recommend that Titan mains run Fist of Havoc or Flaming Hammers O'Death since they get to be the boss killers this time around and Warlocks should run Nova Warp for crowd control or normal Stormtrance for crowd control or arc barrier damage. 

I say normal Stormtrance because I had a Warlock on my team that ran Chaos Reach and then died several times because he would fall into the ravines around the combat area when his levitation wore of.

I followed Houndish's guide and unlocked my Mysterious Box and found at MYSTERIOUS FRAME~! so it looks like I am on my way to eventually getting Jotun.

Not having a full Black Armory arsenal for the past week may have been a blessing since completing one of Ada-1's Special Bounties is the first step of the Mystery Frame quest.   Hopefully Ada will sell PW frames this week so that I can get rolling on this Special Bounty. 

I'm guessing she'll sell the shotgun frame and the sword frame this week.

The Mysterious Box also had a datapad with a riddle on it that I assume has something to do with Izanagi's Burden.

• Like 1

Okay, I am dumb.

All of the Mysterious Box stuff is a part of the Izanami's Burden quest.

If you want to get Jotunn, you have to grind a Powerful Frame to completion and then pray that RNG judges you favorably after a successful Bergusia Forge ignition.  

It doesn't matter which frame you take to the Bergusia Forge as long as it is a Powerful one.

Well, it looks like I get another chance to get a good roll on a Blast Furnace but even if I get a shitty roll, I'll keep the rifle long enough to complete my Special Bounty and then shred the rifle.  

I'll grind that Pulse Rifle bounty at the forge where it is supposed to be created. 

I would try to forge it at  Bergusia, but I don't remember if the Frame is consumed when you get an item upgrade and I do not want to luck out and get Jotunn at the expense of the BA Primary Weapon I need for the BA Special Bounty.

Once I get my Blast Furnace (shitty roll or no) I'll probably grind the BA Bounty on Mercury since I only need three more PEs for a Triumph.

I'll use the Powerful Sword Frame Ada-1 has for sale when I am ready to take a crack at Jotunn.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Speaking of Forge Ignitions, I knocked out my first Bergusia Forge ignition last night!  It has the sane mechanics as Gofannon so there isn't a lot of strat involved, but it is a 650 encounter so the Fallen do a lot more damage.  

The Walker Tank fight can be a pain in the ass if you forgot all of your Devil's Lair tactics.  You need to find a happy balance between clearing adds and shooting at the tank. 

Hunter mains should probably avoid using Blade Barrage and either run Shadowshot for orb creation / crowd control or Arcstaff for arc barrier damage and crowd control.  

I did my first last night. I tried to unlock the last lock for the box, but can never find the second drone, and none of my teams ever seemed interested in finding it.

I found the ignition parts of the fight to be a good deal more difficult than before with the high powered Fallen and large amount of extra mini-bosses and bosses. The Walker Tank was actually the easiest part.

I used BB for was fighting, but Shadowshot was definitely more useful. Next time I do it I'm switching to that and Orpheus Rig.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I would try to forge it at  Bergusia, but I don't remember if the Frame is consumed when you get an item upgrade and I do not want to luck out and get Jotunn at the expense of the BA Primary Weapon I need for the BA Special Bounty.

I accidentally did mine when I had the frame for Spiteful Fang ready. It completed it properly so you may be able to get away with completing other forge weapons at Begusia.

• Like 1

They really need to stop starting Iron Banner and Gambit when the teams aren't even. Its completely unfair bullshit. Also really need stop sending people into already lost matches. I just got sent into where I was immediately killed because the opposing team was using a super. The match was then lost 20 second later.

EDIT: So of course after complaining I have one more match that is a complete an utter slaughter for the opposing team where Shax has to call it early. I was the highest murderer on my team. I got a ridiculous 14.0 efficiency. I will likely never see that again so its nice to achieve it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

I got a ridiculous 14.0 efficiency. I will likely never see that again so its nice to achieve it.

THAT IS FUCKING SICK~!  WAY TO REP THE BOARD~!

And yeah, getting dropped in a match late really sucks.  It's not like D1 where you could sip some Hero Juice and see if you could be a difference maker.  I remember an IB match in D1 where Rippa and I got dropped in late and we both went to work on the other team like they owed us money.. 

When the dust settled, Rippa was the #1 Killer and I was only two or three kills behind him.  We dragged victory out of the jaws of defeat that day  I miss GG with Combustion so much.. :(

Speaking of IB, I played in two IB matches yesterday and got two wins.  My ER both times was in the 3.0 range and my lifetime ER is back up to 1.58. Both matches were pretty sweaty.  My teams worked hard to get those Ws.

I forged a shitty Blast Furnace and finished that stupid BA Special Bounty.  Now I have to wait two weeks for the Curse to get bad so that I can run Shattered Throne.  I could kick myself for not keeping a shitty BF so that I could've run Throne last week, but all things will happen in their time.

My new Blast Furnace has Zen Moment and Headseeker and it performs marginally better than my Under Pressure / HI Reserves Bygones in the Crucible, so it is my new PvP rifle for the time being.  I'll still use my Modulus Reports to try to get a BF with better perks, but next order of business for me is to grind a Powerful Sword frame this afternoon and try to get myself a Jotunn.

I got the last Mercury PE I needed for the triumph this morning.  Thank God....  All of my Mercury destination triumphs are now done. 

I only have Ether Rituals PEs to complete to close out Tangled Shore destination triumphs and we won't talk about how much shit I have to do in the Dreaming City...  I'll probably never get that done because that would require me being able to do speed runs for Ascendant Challenges and fuck that noise.

I'm going to run Insight Terminus for score, Rippa, so if you are not busy playing cowboys and see me on line, feel free to come with.  I should be logging on shortly after dinner.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

I did my first last night. I tried to unlock the last lock for the box, but can never find the second drone, and none of my teams ever seemed interested in finding it.

I found the ignition parts of the fight to be a good deal more difficult than before with the high powered Fallen and large amount of extra mini-bosses and bosses. The Walker Tank was actually the easiest part.

I used BB for was fighting, but Shadowshot was definitely more useful. Next time I do it I'm switching to that and Orpheus Rig.

I accidentally did mine when I had the frame for Spiteful Fang ready. It completed it properly so you may be able to get away with completing other forge weapons at Begusia.

Yeah, I had to use Houndish's video to find the location of the drones and then I had to shoot them on my own.  My fireteam was too preoccupied with staying alive and I can't say that I blame them.  I can almost walk through Volundr or Gofannon Forge ignitions blindfolded, but Izanami and Bergusia Forge ignitions can be a fucking challenge.

Now that I am 3 Bergusia Forge Ignitions in and have the Bergusia Forge counter emblem in my collection (so pretty...), I HIGHLY recommend using an Arcstaff Hunter and maybe even using a full Arc load-out. 

Putting down the fucking Captains in Wave 1 quickly is key to survival and they also drop two batteries (bonus), and one good Arcstaff run can clear a lot of adds and generate enough orbs for your teammates.  

Running Shadowshot / Orpheus Rig is also a good idea because orbs, but just watch your map placement when you start chaining Void Arrows. 

Like I mentioned earlier, there are ravines o' instant death surrounding the battlefield and it is easy for a Guardian to fall to his or her doom when the levitation effect of their Super wears off.

And yeah, the Walker Tank is the easiest part because it is just a bullet sponge.  Wave 2 is easily the hardest part of the encounter.  The amount of bonus time you can bank is reduced and the stupid forge has a design that forces you to be spot on with your targeting..

You can lose a lot of precious clock time if you die a lot while trying to recover poorly thrown batteries that bounce off of the Forge and land all the way across the zone and if another player tries to revive you, he has a good chance of getting kacked as well.

The Blade Barrage nerf is hardly noticeable IF you throw your fire knives from a decent distance away.   If you are too close to the knives when they detonate, you WILL either die or get killed by one of the players you were trying to murder. 

The fire knives still track enemies (including Crucible or Gambit players on the opposing team) and explode as they should, but the knives can also be avoided if you Hunter Dodge or simply jump away at the right time.

Some poor asshole tried to flash BB me yesterday in my first IB match on the Trials map.  I used my Hunter Dodge and evaded into a narrow passage while his knives exploded all around him in close proximity. He was so damaged by his own Super that I was easily able to one-burst him with my Blast Furnace..

Hunters remain the sole class with a Super that can totally whiff if not aimed properly and now we join Nova Bomb Warlocks as one of two classes that can actually commit suicide via their own super if they are not cautious about how, when, and where they use them.

As for the Nova Warp nerf for Warlocks, it does appear somewhat easier to damage a Warlock while he is in mid-super so hopefully it will be easier to either team shoot a Warlock out of Nova Warp or counter his Super with your own.

I have always thought it was bullshit that I am routinely beaten when I try to counter Nova Warp or Fist of Havoc with my own Super. 

I can usually win a battle of Supers against Stormtrance (if I am not countering with Arcstaff) or Flaming Hammers and if I see a Warlock about to throw a Nova Bomb, I have a good chance of killing him in mid wind-up if I am quick and accurate.

RNG absolutely REFUSES to give me the Izanami Forge counter emblem, but I did get a Blast Furnace with the Satou shader.  The Satou shader looks much better on my armor than 99% of them, but the Veteran Tiger Stripe shader is still the most aesthetically appealing shader for my mismatched armor set.

Once I get a decent set of Blacksmith boots with Traction and Blacksmith chest armor with some good general Unflinching perks, I will use the default black and red BA shared on those armor pieces and the arm armor I am now using.  The Tiger Stripe shader is a okay on the Blacksmith chest armor, but it is a bit gaudy looking on the Blacksmith boots.

Oh, and I hate the fucking Blacksmith cloak.  When I wear it with a Foetracer or Knucklehead Radar, it makes me look like I have a receding hairline.  I prefer the cloaks with the Jedi hoods that cover my entire helmet, so I will keep wearing either the Cayde-6 memorial cloak or the RD cloak.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I had to use Houndish's video to find the location of the drones and then I had to shoot them on my own.  My fireteam was too preoccupied with staying alive and I can't say that I blame them.  I can almost walk through Volundr or Gofannon Forge ignitions blindfolded, but Izanami and Bergusia Forge ignitions can be a fucking challenge.

Oh I definitely wasn't blaming my teams for not getting the second one. Its hard enough trying to stay alive just fighting normally. I was just hoping someone managed to get the second drone. I don't think I actually killed both drones in any of the previous forges. I just lucked out with someone else getting the other one. That was especially a welcome surprise with Izanami since I thought I missed it.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

And yeah, the Walker Tank is the easiest part because it is just a bullet sponge.  Wave 2 is easily the hardest part of the encounter.  The amount of bonus time you can bank is reduced and the stupid forge has a design that forces you to be spot on with your targeting..

You can lose a lot of precious clock time if you die a lot while trying to recover poorly thrown batteries that bounce off of the Forge and land all the way across the zone and if another player tries to revive you, he has a good chance of getting kacked as well.

I had no idea the bank time was reduced in Wave 2. That explains so damn much. Most of time I just focus on murdering every thing in my path and hope I'm adding enough blue enemies to extend the time limit.

Interesting. I've actually had a way easier time getting batteries in the ignition than I did in the other forges. In the other forges my batteries wold bounced off half the time during the second waves. The Forge in Bergusia is way more open so it happens far less for me.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Blade Barrage nerf is hardly noticeable IF you throw your fire knives from a decent distance away.   If you are too close to the knives when they detonate, you WILL either die or get killed by one of the players you were trying to murder. 

The fire knives still track enemies (including Crucible or Gambit players on the opposing team) and explode as they should, but the knives can also be avoided if you Hunter Dodge or simply jump away at the right time.

Some poor asshole tried to flash BB me yesterday in my first IB match on the Trials map.  I used my Hunter Dodge and evaded into a narrow passage while his knives exploded all around him in close proximity. He was so damaged by his own Super that I was easily able to one-burst him with my Blast Furnace..

Hunters remain the sole class with a Super that can totally whiff if not aimed properly and now we join Nova Bomb Warlocks as one of two classes that can actually commit suicide via their own super if they are not cautious about how, when, and where they use them.

Again I ask why does Bungie hate the one class I use?

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

I had no idea the bank time was reduced in Wave 2. That explains so damn much. Most of time I just focus on murdering every thing in my path and hope I'm adding enough blue enemies to extend the time limit.

Don't quote me, but I think you can only bank a max of about one minute or so Wave 2 as opposed to being able to bank nearly two minutes in Wave 1.

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

Interesting. I've actually had a way easier time getting batteries in the ignition than I did in the other forges. In the other forges my batteries would bounce off half the time during the second waves. The Forge in Bergusia is way more open so it happens far less for me.

I find it much easier to throw batteries into Volundr. Gofannon, and Izanami.  The dumb wings on the Bergusia Forge will deflect batteries if your throws are not nearly dead on.  

So, no Jotunn for me last night.  I got my Sword to forge but no upgrade, so I will have to try again next week.   The two Blast Furnaces I tried to make had shit rolls, so I am still running with the Zen Moment / Headseeker / Masterwork Range gun I made on Tuesday.

I ran Insight Terminus last night with a clan mate and a blueberry and we got 100K+ on the first try!  My clan mate got a One Eyed Mask for his Titan so he was elated and I got the Long Goodbye sniper rifle to drop for me.  I didn't get the curated roll, but I got one with Snapshot Sights and Dragonfly.  Not bad.  I'm trying to convince him to hit Lake of Shadows once or twice this week with me so that he can get his hands on a Militia's Birthright grenade launcher. 

I don't need one, but that weapon will compliment his Titan load-out tremendously since he likes to rock Auto-Rifles and Pulse Rifles in his Energy Weapon slot and uses Shotguns and Bows in his Kinetic Weapon slot.  I haven't seen him take Thunderlord out of his Power slot since we got our MGs many moons ago.

I went 2-0 in Gambit last night and reset my infamy!

.... then I proceeded to go 0-3 in the IB for the night.  Fuck...  The teams in all three matches were pretty close in light, so it was all about me being on the lesser sweaty unit..  I was third best killer in the first match (1.48 ER) and the best killer in the third match (1.78 ER). 

Second match was a nightmare of me going retarded and constantly getting spawn killed.  I either do really well or really horrible on Pacifica because of the spawn locations.

I went 0.83 ER (oof..) in the second match, saw that my Overall ER dropped back to 1.56, got pissed off, fired up another match to get my stats back up, and nearly put up a 2.0, so my Lifetime ER is still sitting at 1.57.

I need to do well in the next matches I play to give my Lifetime ER some cushion.

Tonight, I will grind my last two big Gambit bounties , make another attempt to get a BF with a better roll than the one I have, and then hit the IB for a few matches.  I have to go hard from Tuesday to Thursday because weekend gameplay opportunities are shit and we've got a holiday weekend AND NFL Conference Championship games to watch AND a potential ice storm going down in my region on Sunday so like it or not, my boo and I will have plenty of quality time opportunities this weekend.

I am praying she studies for her Security + on MLK so that I can get in some trigger time in the forges.

I am no longer in mourning for Cayde-6.  I finally got fed up with the glitchy Cayde-6 Memorial Cape randomly disappearing off of my shoulders, so I threw on my 650 LL Reverie Dawn cloak and put the Black Tiger shader on it.  My Jedi Hood has returned and I am happy with my Black Tiger color scheme. 

Now if I could only get Blacksmith boots with Traction and Blacksmith Chest armor with Unflinching Kinetic Aim to drop for me during a Forge ignition.

It is sad.  I've noticed that I barely use the Ace of Spades anymore now that I have the Malfeasance.  Ace used to be my go-to hand cannon, but that changed after I completed Drifter's weapon quest.  I tossed the Ace in my Vault for nostalgia's sake.  I went through too much to unlock it and infuse it up to 650 to just shred it for shards.

I also swapped out the Gambler's Palm sparrow for the Hecuba-S (I love the Anseris Overdrive jet trail it leaves behind) and am now rocking the Oderrir jumpship.  The Ada-1 Lone Wolf is a little too bulky looking for my liking.

Next week is the moderate period for the Curse.  Depending on what weapon frames Ada-1 is selling, I think I will play long enough next Tuesday to get my Oracle offering for the week to hear more Dreaming City story dialogue, get a 100K Nightfall under my belt, and then I will finally put some significant time into RDR2. 

No sense in being a tryhard next week since my most pressing pursuit is Izanami's Burden and I have to wait a full reset cycle before Shattered Throne is up again.