DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Don't actually complete this one when finished. I heard these bounties will tie into the Mysterious Box quest. I made that mistake already and now have to complete one of the three Forsaken/BA raids to finish the second one I got. Lets just say i'm happy Shattered Throne counts as a raid and is coming tomorrow.

Finally, you come in with good information BEFORE I make a bad decision!

Another try at a Blast Frunace last night and another mediocre roll (Outlaw / Headseeker) and like a dummy I shredded the rifle out of anger and then realized I still need a BA primary to work that Ada's bounty...  Grrrr..

Had a 24 Kill / 4.80 ER Control match last night and it was also a win.  So, yeah.  Not going to shred this Bygones unless the Blast Furnace roll I get is nigh perfect.

• Haha 1

So if last night was any evidence of what is to come, One Thousand Screams is now the new Sleeper Stimulant in Gambit.

I was on a team of randos playing against a coordinated four man.  The Invader from the other team killed the members of my team THIRTY TWO TIMES~!   His Prime Evil Heal % was close to two hundred fucking percent.

I think I died at least four times to invasion kills in the entire match and that is far too many for my liking.  Thank God for the Invader Kack bonus that Malfeasance has, otherwise I'd have never been able to drop that guy before he got me like two times in a row.

I did not believe that there was a weapon that took less skill to use than Sleeper or The Colony, but here it is. 

We got smoked the first round, but we came back to win two straight and take the match.  We flooded them with Smalls and Mediums and invaded early to shank their motes.  The best way to win was to keep them behind in the mote count so that they could only invade AFTER we summoned or Prime Evil.

That strategy worked well.  They time they would've spent nuking us they had to spend on catching up and thanks to the new patch, you only get one catch-up phase. We made them chose between invading or gathering motes.

I got two Army of One medals during my invasions.  They were dumb and kept hording motes for Larges and I would just roll in and blast them while they were clearing their bank. 

Hammerhead + Mulligan = Win.  I really do need to toss a Backup Mag on that machine gun so that Mulligan procs more often and I can sustain fire for hours and hours and hours.

Those dudes picked the wrong match to try the Let's All Deposit 15 Motes Together thing.  I nuked their entire team twice when they tried that shit.  One guy on their side rage quit when my team tied up the match AND HE WAS IN THE SAME CLAN AS THEY WERE~!

That made my night.  Nothing like a hard fought win in a match you probably would've lost on paper to make you feel really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

So if last night was any evidence of what is to come, One Thousand Screams is now the new Sleeper Stimulant in Gambit.

When I have been playing (again not as much this past month as normal) I was definitely seeing OTS all the time. In fact I don't remember seeing Sleeper once.

So I would say at least since the Dawning dropped

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When I have been playing (again not as much this past month as normal) I was definitely seeing OTS all the time. In fact I don't remember seeing Sleeper once.

DARPA Clan has been reluctant to run a Last Wish raid, but I used that Gambit match as evidence that they need to get their asses in gear and run Last Wish so that we can have a few of those in our clan.

Resistance is beginning to wither so hopefully we'll get a Last Wish completion done soon and then we can try our hand at Scourge Of The Past once everyone is above 625 or 630.

The scary thing is that the guy had a set of armor with perks tailored SPECIFICALLY for using a Fusion Rifle in the Heavy slot (Unflinching FR Aim, Heavy Ammo Finder, FR Scavenger, FR Reserves). 

I can get sweaty when I want to, but I'll probably never get THAT serious.

Bungie hates me.

1. Flashpoint is on fucking Mercury this week.
  2. All of Ada-1's Powerful Weapon Frames are for Energy Weapons.

At least I can chip away at my PE's on Mercury triumph that I haven't completed yet.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Haven't seen it used much myself. People tend to focus on supers, shotguns, and machine guns now. I know I use my super and Hammerhead whenever I invade. I loved Malfeasance (its become a goto even outside of Gambit), but those are way more likely to deal with an invader quickly. Congrats on your murderous comeback/survival.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bungie hates me.

1. Flashpoint is on fucking Mercury this week.
  2. All of Ada-1's Powerful Weapon Frames are for Energy Weapons.

At least I can chip away at my PE's on Mercury triumph that I haven't completed yet.

Interesting. I assume the bow is new then? I thought it was the Spiteful Fang again. I'm doing the one for the auto-rifle since its new to me. No idea on the other two. If the hand cannon is Kindled Orchid I might do it in hopes of a better roll though I like the explosive payload and usefulness in gambit.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was thinking of playing this week but Fuck Mercury

You know you don't actually have to do the flashpoint.

• Like 1

So in an uncharacteristic show of generosity RNG blessed me with both pieces of 650 gear i needed in the first 2 powerful engrams i opened. For the first time in Destiny 2 i am max light. I fired up the Titan and knocked out the first mission. Once he hits level 50 and has access to the 650 guns it shouldn't take too long to hit max light on him too.

In other news, it looks like there's some sort of words first race going on right now to unlock a new force. I've not really looked into it much but it seems there's some sort of puzzle challenge that needs to be figured out before the new forge becomes available. Once a team has beaten it the forge will be available for everyone, much like what happened with new content after the Forsaken raid was beaten. 

• Like 2

Well, fuck.

Neither BA Exotics like Le Monarque nor the Prototype weapons seem to work on the Get Kills When Armed With All BA Weapons bounty. 

I tested it out with a BA Atalanta in my Primary Slot that dropped for me from a Forge Saboteur and I used the Ringing Nail I forged yesterday along with my trusty Hammerhead.

I killed lots of enemies, but registered no progress on the bounty.  Either you have to use all named weapons that you create from the forges OR you need to get a metric shit ton of kills with Prototype and Forged weapons in order to get progress.

If it is the former, that sucks because I will have to wait a week before I get the chance to forge a BA primary since I got rid of all of the shitty perk Blast Furnaces I made last week.  Ada's selling Energy Weapon frames this week.

I got a new post S4 Foetracer with like a million billion perks for my Clan Reward loot yesterday.  

The best perk combo on my new helmet is Enhanced Liner Fusion Rifle Targeting / Heavy Ammo Finder.

I am now kicking myself for shredding my old Crooked Fang for parts to upgrade my Death By Scorn sidearm, but the LFR roll wasn't all that great anyway (Dragonfly / Hip Fire Grip).  I could've held onto it until something better came along, though.

Hopefully I get one with Moving Target / Dragonfly sometime soon so I can put my spare Dragonfly Spec mod on it.

17 hours ago, Basara said:

In other news, it looks like there's some sort of words first race going on right now to unlock a new force. I've not really looked into it much but it seems there's some sort of puzzle challenge that needs to be figured out before the new forge becomes available. Once a team has beaten it the forge will be available for everyone, much like what happened with new content after the Forsaken raid was beaten. 

That sounds like something for the pro clans with members that don't have actual real life jobs to handle.

On the Mysteious Box front, here is the info that is available so far.

I will probably get to kacking those drones either tonight or tomorrow and we'll see what is up with the Niobe Labs content that was supposed to go live yesterday.

Allegedly, the reward for unlocking the box is supposed to be either Izanagi's Burden or Jotun.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That sounds like something for the pro clans with members that don't have actual real life jobs to handle.

Yeah it absolutely is. From the looks of it some people have been streaming 20+ hours now trying to figure it out. It’s still not been beaten.

It’s kind of crappy of Bungie to lock content, that we’ve already paid for, behind something clearly not designed for the normal player. And while they are not sitting there holding a gun to the streamers heads and forcing them to play you’ve got to think this is what they intended to happen. At some point it’s just not healthy for these people to still be playing after all these hours. 

So after 27 hours of failed attempts Bungie just acknowledged that locking the last forge behind a puzzle was a bad idea. They will be unlocking it for everyone at 2pm pacific time today. The puzzle still remains for anyone (streamers) crazy enough to want to endure it but the forge is now available for everyone who had already paid for it.

7 hours ago, Basara said:

Yeah it absolutely is. From the looks of it some people have been streaming 20+ hours now trying to figure it out. It’s still not been beaten.

It’s kind of crappy of Bungie to lock content, that we’ve already paid for, behind something clearly not designed for the normal player. And while they are not sitting there holding a gun to the streamers heads and forcing them to play you’ve got to think this is what they intended to happen. At some point it’s just not healthy for these people to still be playing after all these hours. 

To be fair it actually worked out well for them last time since I know something was locked until people beat the Last Wish raid the first time around. The idea of it isn't terrible per say, but BA has leaned a little too hardcore fromt he start compared to Forsaken which did a better job of easing players in.

Finished up the quest for Breakneck. Don;t love the weapon, but it is sold, especially with the rampage spec mod. Also finished the auto-rifle frame. Its for the Ringing Nail. Not sure if its a normal roll or if hell froze over, but I did get Dragonfly for it.

Saw Mara Sov today. She seemed just a little annoyed about comments from a certain Ghost last week.

Saw everything you need to do for Izanami's Forge exotic (Mysterious box quest). That is going to be long and annoying. I can see why Bungie went ahead and opened up the forge since part of the quest involves Shattered Throne which my dumbass has to go through twice because I didn't keep my first rare BA bounty. I suppose I could always try my luck and go for Last Wish or Scourge of the Past for the rare bounty, but I'm a bit more realistic on my options for raids since I have no mic. Oh, and the quest does require you to go through part of Leviathan. I honestly may try to find people to take my through that one anyways if only to finish up a long standing exotic bounty I have for it.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

To be fair it actually worked out well for them last time since I know something was locked until people beat the Last Wish raid the first time around. The idea of it isn't terrible per say, but BA has leaned a little too hardcore fromt he start compared to Forsaken which did a better job of easing players in.

The idea behind it is fine, and like you say it worked before. But i think they took it too far this time.

As far as I remember the content in Forsaken that was locked behind the raid was a new mission and strike. The thing there is it was additional, unannounced extras unlocked from an activity (the new raid) that is aimed at a larg part of the player base. Granted it’s nearly always going to be a big streamer clan that beats it but any well organised team can make progress.

With Black Armoury they announced the date the forth Forge was coming, then locked it behind an unannounced puzzle. A puzzle with no check points that wipes you after each failed attempt and you have to start from the beginning again. And unlike the raid the puzzle was clearly aimed at streamers. They hyped it up as a ‘worlds first’ attempt and linked to twitch so you could choose what streamer you watched attempt it. They never had any intention of casual players beating that thing, yet it blocked those majority of players from doing an activity that was announced for that day.

I think these extra puzzles and challenges they put in are great. The original Sleeper Stimulant quest, The SIVA exotic from Wrath of Machines etc. Just the execution of it this time was way off. 

Add more of this stuff, it’s interesting to watch it unfold and figured out. But don’t lock 25% of the content of an expansion behind it next time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Basara said:

So after 27 hours of failed attempts Bungie just acknowledged that locking the last forge behind a puzzle was a bad idea. They will be unlocking it for everyone at 2pm pacific time today. The puzzle still remains for anyone (streamers) crazy enough to want to endure it but the forge is now available for everyone who had already paid for it.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday.  

I've got three of four locks done for my Mysterious Box.  Houndish's video on what to shoot and where was very helpful. 

I had to craft a Borealis from my Collections (My weekends are mostly spoken for so I can't take the time to grind for a Whisper without annoying the wifey and I like sleeping in my own bed...) to shoot the drones at the Volandr and Izanami forges because they are pretty hard to hit without long range, precision weapons. 

The drones at the Gofannon forge were easy to get to with my Breakneck auto rifle.

I picked up my note from Ada-1 about the new forge and had to laugh.  Step One was to get 24 Watcher Lenses.  You won't be doing that without a Fireteam as it is rage inducing to unlock the Leviathan's underbelly with one person running the locks.  

I went with a couple of my Aussie homies who had been playing all day and we just farmed the room of Watchers near the Transfer chest for their lenses. 

Next was a completely psychotic Gather Amethyst bullshit thing.  Ten Amethyst Gems = 5% Progress and you were guaranteed ten for a PE you could get twenty for completing a Nightfall, so we farmed PEs on Nessus until we got to 85% and then we ran a couple of Nightfalls:  one for score (Will of The Thousands.  We also got the triumph for stunning Xol 3 times with the Valk!)  and the other for speed.(The Pyramidion.  Arc Singe + Thunderlord = Melted Brakion).

I am not sure how many gems you got for a normal Vanguard Strike, but the time to reward ratio of running PEs seemed less ponderous.

My key mold is nearly complete so now I have to hit the new forge and ignite it.  The fucking encounter is 650 LL Recommended.

That should be fun, and by fun I mean I will probably want to punch myself in the face before its all over.

I've got a shit ton of preps to make for an upcoming exercise, but I will find some time at lunch to study up on the new forge, especially the locations of any drones I may need to kack for the Mysterious Box.

I'm wagering that the key quest I am working on will give me a key that won't unlock the Mysterious Box.  I think it might be for some unrelated hell I will have to endure later on.

I still need to run Blind Well for my Offering since Mara is holding court this week.  I can't believe it's already Thursday and I haven't gotten that done yet.  Grinding that new forge key is no joke and I've still got one more step to go.

Playtime this weekend will be horrible, so I will have to wait until Monday to run Shattered Throne.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Finished up the quest for Breakneck. Don;t love the weapon, but it is sold, especially with the rampage spec mod.

I also have a Rampage Spec on my Breakneck and that makes it a very solid  PvE rifle, but it doesn't really have the range, accuracy, or stability for efficient PvP use though. 

You will get kills with it at rifle distance in PvP but a guy with a Bygones or a Blast Furnace will outdamage you most of the time if he lands his crits, especially if he's got a rifle with complimentary perks.

My Bygones has Under Pressure and High Impact Reserves and I can routinely outlast an auto rifle user at Medium range.  The lower my magazine gets as I continue to fire, the more accurate my shots are and the more damage I do.

I have to remind myself NOT to reload when I am in PvP unless I only have like three or four shots left on the clip  I don't have any reload perks on my armor or on the weapon, so I can't afford to get caught flat footed while swapping mags in PvP..

Embrace the meta and keep a good pulse rifle handy for the Crucible.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Also finished the auto-rifle frame. Its for the Ringing Nail. Not sure if its a normal roll or if hell froze over, but I did get Dragonfly for it.

Mine has Mulligan and Ambitious Assassin on it.  Not great, but not horrible either. 

I'm keeping it just to have in my EW slot so that I can HOPEFULLY chip away at this BA Special Bounty if Ada sells PW weapon frames next week.

If she doesn't, the Bounty is due to expire next Wednesday.

There are so many videos out about the new forge, but they are re=posted streams that are hours and hours and hours long.

My man, Ninja Pups, is still keeping it simple but unfortunately he is also a bit of an info snob that doesn't like enabling embedding for his videos.

He has stuff on where to find the drones in the new forge and how to complete they Box quest, so his channel is still worth checking out.

Unless my Aussie homies are on when I am done with dinner and jonesing to get this done immediately, I will be focusing on getting my Oracle offering for the week and then turning my attention to Project Niobe.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Step One was to get 24 Watcher Lenses.  You won't be doing that without a Fireteam as it is rage inducing to unlock the Leviathan's underbelly with one person running the locks.   

This is good to know and terrible. I really will need to hit up LFG. So any good Leviathan guides out there?

YO

Bungie Splits With Activision, Keeps Destiny

Okay so I haven't expressed this at length on here because y'all are a group still enjoying the game but this is the time to share my story. This is also not an invitation to convince me "it's better now."

Destiny 2 Warmind broke my fucking mind. I'm kind of the lynchpin in my social circle for the playing of Destiny, and I will never forget the night Warmind came out and I beat the campaign in a single sitting. I thought Curse of Osiris was extremely disappointing. I spend an hour after beating Warmind laying on the floor of the living room, muttering "I can't believe it's worse" over and over again. This is not an exaggeration. Multiple people can vouch for this. Our Destiny group imploded in the immediate wake of Warmind. The final nail in the coffin was the point at which they gave it away for free, basically punishing me for buying it with the belief that "It will be More Destiny, That Will Probably be Great." I'll hold that L.

I, stridently, believed that there was nothing they could do to bring me back. Of course, when I was entertaining possibilities, "Bungie pulls a second publisher heist and not only gets out of their publisher's grasp but this time with the rights to the game" never even begun to occur to me. So if they announce a third Destiny, my interest will be "Cautiously Curious" instead of "Dead To Me." That's improvement.

Either way, this is the second straight decade ending with Bungie pulling a fast one on a major corporation, so that's amazing.

• Like 1

It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out and how soon it has an affect on the game. Most people are quick to blame Activision when there’s a bad decision made in Destiny. With Bungies ‘hands being tied’ with Microsoft for Halo and Activision with Destiny will this be their first major attempt at a solo project this large? I’m unfamiliar with their history outside of those 2 titles.

I’m guessing nothing drastically changes until at least the September DLC. Possibly not until Destiny 3. I’d think the current plan for the annual pass continues as is. Whether that’s a good thing or not is debatable.

I’m torn on the Black Armoury, ridiculous puzzle aside,  for the cost it’s a decent amount of content. But it’s not the content I’d have liked. We’ll see how the next season goes down

14 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Destiny 2 Warmind broke my fucking mind. I'm kind of the lynchpin in my social circle for the playing of Destiny, and I will never forget the night Warmind came out and I beat the campaign in a single sitting.

That's kinda the point.  Destiny is not an RPG so the devs are not going to give you a campaign story that last hours and hours and hours. 

The campaign mode sets the table for the multiplayer. If you are crapping out before you are knocking out Strikes and Raids or shooting your fellow Guardians in the Crucible, you haven't even played half of the game.

3 hours ago, Basara said:

I’m torn on the Black Armoury, ridiculous puzzle aside,  for the cost it’s a decent amount of content. But it’s not the content I’d have liked. We’ll see how the next season goes down

I am a notorious min / max guy, so I like the content just fine.  

At least it doesn't have a lot of platforming puzzles that obviously discriminate against Hunters and our shitty shitty Triple Jump which guarantees that I will never bother with the Whisper quest or suffer through any more Ascendant Challenges.

It doesn't help that I am horrible at platforming in this game.  It's like I have butter on the soles of my boots.

• Like 1