DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I can give that a pass. I've unlocked those guns so I can make one from my Collections whenever I feel like it.

I needed to get the IKELOS SMG and the Braytech Osprey to complete the Osiris / Warmind collection seal in order to get my Wayfarer triumph seal, so I hit EPs for about a week straight until I got the IKELOS SMG drop and a week later I spammed Strange Terrain NSs until I got an Osprey.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, RIPPA said:

I got a Crooked Fang out of a Prime Engram today that has Dragonfly

I feel like that is cheating

It really will be cheating if you get some Mod Components and Black Armory Schematics and turn them in to Ada-1 for her Black Armory weapon mods. 

Ada-1 converts 25 Weaponsmith Parts and 2 or 3 Legendary Shards into a Mod Component and you can get Black Armory schematics from shredding Black Armory weapon drops that have perks that you don't like.  

Ada-1 converts 1 Schematic and 10 Mod Components into a BA Weapon mod, but the materiel cost goes up with every mod you create.  It works in the same manner like when you buy Enhancement Cores from The Spider.  Depending on how stingy you are, buying more than one mod is really cost prohibitive.

She has a mod called the Dragonfly Spec that boosts the damage and widens the area of effect when a headshot kill causes the Dragonfly perk to proc.  I have one on my Tatara Gaze and it is obscene in PvP and PvE.. 

You need to get one for your Crooked Fang like yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I got a Dragonfly spec and put it on my explosive head/Dragonfly Subtle Calamity. It is beautiful. I think I've gotten the most kills in gambit every time I've played so far since.

I like the way you think.  It sounds like my theory about Explosive Payload and Dragonfly splash damage stacking might be correct.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I like the way you think.  It sounds like my theory about Explosive Payload and Dragonfly splash damage stacking might be correct.

I have to admit even before the spec it did feel like DF had a bigger effect than it had on other weapons like Trust, Waking Vigil, & Vestian Dynasty. The two stacking definitely makes sense.

Oh, and if you are a 650 and have any 600 Exotics sitting around in your Vault, shred 'em. 

Your new LL hard cap for any Exotic weapons or armor you create from your Collections is 630 LL.

Remember that if you have already ground the catalyst for an Exotic Weaspon to completion, the new item will craft as a Masterwork Exotic Weapon automatically when you create it.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and if you are a 650 and have any 600 Exotics sitting around in your Vault, shred 'em. 

Your new LL hard cap for any Exotics you create from your Collections is 630 LL.

Yes for weapons, think twice for armor. Remember exotic armor from the wilds actually get random rolls.

• Like 1

Got a pretty decent roll on the forge hand cannon today, dropped at 649 with Outlaw and Explosive Payload. Not the Outlaw/Dragonfly i dream of but maybe a close runner up.

Aside from that i knocked out a bunch of powerful rewards that left me sitting on 645.5. I've still got maybe another 8 or so powerful rewards to complete this week too so i should be pretty close to max light by the end of the week, with RNGs blessing. Then it's time to actually start sorting through all the crap I've kept and find rolls on armour i want to infuse up. And start on the alts. Should go a little easier once i do actually start on them, once they hit level 50 i can start using all the 645+ weapons on them and drag their total light up to a respectable level.

4 hours ago, Basara said:

Got a pretty decent roll on the forge hand cannon today, dropped at 649 with Outlaw and Explosive Payload. Not the Outlaw/Dragonfly i dream of but maybe a close runner up.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Kindled Orchid drops with Dragonfly.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Fair enough, I’ll be happy with what I got then! I need to take a look sometime at what rolls are available on things so I know what to be chasing.

My two weapon frames this week yielded a Blast Furnace pulse rifle with Feeding Frenzy / Rampage and a Hammerhead machine gun with Tap The Trigger / Mulligan.

Much better than previous rolls, but the Blast Furnace came from a regular frame so I have to get it infused up to 650 and I have to get both of those weapons masterworked. 

I threw a Counterbalance Mod on the Blast Furnace and I think I want to put some sort of Black Armory mod on the Hammerhead, but I am not really sure of what's available.  If the mods just boost a specific perk (which is what they appear to do), there's no sense in putting one on the machine gun when I can just put a Backup Mag on it to give Mulligan a chance to proc more often.

The Hammerhead has nice all around perks, but the Blast Furnace is definitely a PvP weapon.  It doesn't melt normal PvE enemies nearly as fast as the Breakneck auto rifle I have with the Rampage Spec BA Mod. 

Which is good because the main reason I forged the Blast Furnace is because I am losing about half of my Medium range gunfights in PvP to players running Bygones when I am using the Breakneck.  I need something with a little more punch and hopefully the Blast Furnace will help me win more assault rifle range engagements.

If the Blast Furnace doesn't get the job done, I can always re-buy Drifter's curated Bygones at the Tower and grind it to 650 LL.

I also lucked out and got a Le Monarque while forging the Blast Furnace and I got some of those Blacksmith gauntlets so the bow drops randomly.  You don't have to be working on a Powerful Bow Frame to have a chance at getting one to drop for you.  So the only remaining Forsaken exotic I have to collect is the Last Wish raid fusion rifle, One Thousand Screams.

Now that I have a Le Monarque, I can start chipping away at that dumb triumph where I have to get 500 kills with it while trying to ignite the Gofannon Forge.

I finished positive in the three Crucible matches I ran to complete the Crucible Weekly Challenge (1.18, 3.50, 1.67), but I did not do well enough to get my overall ER back up to 1.57.  Hopefully I will have a good match during the Crucible Daily Challenge that usually hits over the weekend.

I won my first Gambit match for the Gambit Weekly Challenge and then lost two straight after getting partnered with a couple of teams that were full of potatoes.  Bungie Matchmaking continues to hate on me.

Speaking of hate, I fucking despise getting that stupid Weekly Gambit Bounty that is tied to killing enemies with Supers and generating Orbs of Light.  I like to run Blade Barrage when I play Gambit and I save my Super for Prime Evil melting so finishing that dumb Weekly Gambit bounty takes forever unless I switch to another subclass. 

I am still helping my team by generating motes and orbs with Arcstaff or Spectral Blades, but I am not nearly as effective as I would be if I were assisting with boss killing and getting crispy invasion killstreaks.

Oh, and RIP Combuster Valus.  I have finally run the table on Spiders high end Wanted bounties.  I can now start spamming those things so that I can try to upgrade my Scorn Baron kills emblem.

Oh, and thanks to my badass Tatara Gaze with the Dragonfly spec, I have completed the Sniper triumph for Gambit. 

Now I have to get a shit ton of Sword kills for the Close Quarters triumph and I will be done with all of the triumphs in the Combatants section.  I will probably use my new Black Talon for that.

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

When it comes to Hand Cannons, I prefer Explosive Payload or Timed Payload to Dragonfly.  Both of those perks help to maximize flinch and they also compensate for damage drop off at medium to long rage.

If you can manage to stay on target, IMO Timed Payload is slightly better than Explosive Payload since the delay gives you another hit marker and you can actually juggle the stagger as your shot lands after the payload from the previous bullet detonates.

Not to diss Dragonfly, though.  Yesterday I got a natural Double Kill with my Dragonfly Spec modded Tatara Gaze sniper rifle in the Crucible as one dude had the bad luck to stand too close to the guy I killed with a clean headshot while they were trying to capture Zone B on the Vostok map.

That was a feat in and of itself as I swear that the Tatara Gaze has like zero aim assist.  I am always nervous when I use it in PvP because you will miss by a hair every time if you don't make sure you are hard sighted on your target and the Tatara Gaze appears to have way more sway during target acquisition than the Silicon Neuroma or the Shepherd's Watch ever did when you bring it to bear.

On the plus side, if your Tatara Gaze shot lands dead bang in the head, it is usually a OHK even if the dude has a full barrier and if you have Dragonfly on the rifle, the elemental explosion should also kill the players in the vicinity of that unfortunate fellow..

The more I think about that dumb EP tweet, the more it annoys me.

I just checked the EP schedule at one of the Destiny reddits and it looks like this week is a normal lottery draw for EP, so all of the IKELOS weapons have a chance to drop from the Wave 7 boss. 

Bungie is not doing anything out of the ordinary to make this happen, but they make it sound like a special dealie in that tweet.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The more I think about that dumb EP tweet, the more it annoys me.

I just checked the EP schedule at one of the Destiny reddits and it looks like this week is a normal lottery draw for EP, so all of the IKELOS weapons have a chance to drop from the Wave 7 boss. 

Bungie is not doing anything out of the ordinary to make this happen, but they make it sound like a special dealie in that tweet.

I went back now and looked at the Twitter thread and Bungie was responding to folks and you are right - nothing has changed. It was just a poorly worded tweet as they are all OH! WE JUST MEANT 2018 ENDED!!!

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

When it comes to Hand Cannons, I prefer Explosive Payload or Timed Payload to Dragonfly.  Both of those perks help to maximize flinch and they also compensate for damage drop off at medium to long rage.

If you can manage to stay on target, IMO Timed Payload is slightly better than Explosive Payload since the delay gives you another hit marker and you can actually juggle the stagger as your shot lands after the payload from the previous bullet detonates

I prefer having both though I can see the argument for explosives/timed payload. I just want a decent legendary hand cannon for my primary slot, but it feels like all of those are tied to raids and Nightfall rewards.

Purchased my first Ada mod today, and got the Dragonfly spec. The hunt continues for that god roll of a weapon. I will settle for nothing less than a scout rifle or hand cannon with outlaw and dragonfly now! I'll look into it later to see what weapons can actually drop with those rolls to narrow down the chase.

In other news, i'm sitting on 646 and i got my first 650 piece of gear from a Prime Engram. I've still got a bunch of powerful rewards to do on my Warlock over the weekend. I still need to finish unlocking the 3rd forge since i want a crack at that pulse rifle this week too.

I tried using that Feeding Frenzy / Rampage Blast Furnace in PVP, but it wasn't getting the job done.  It did not seem to get kills fast enough for the Rampage to proc so that I could get secondary or tertiary kills. 

By the time the rifle dropped my first target, I was so damaged that I could not finish off a secondary target and I would get killed even with Rampage active.

There was no reason to keep the Blast Furnace for PvE or Gambit since I use the Breakneck for that, so I shredded it and tried to reroll.

I used up all of my spare Modulus Reports over the weekend and could not get a Blast Furnace with decent perks to save my ass.

Here were my three draws:

1. Air Assault, Slldeways.
  2. Auto-Loading Holster, Quick Draw
  3. Air Assault, Auto-Loading Holster.

Of course when I took my Black Armory fail frustration out during a Gambit match on Saturday night, I got a Bygones (Masterwork Range) with Under Pressure / High Impact Reserves for my match loot.   Sadly it did not have HC Rounds (I prefer to use high flinch guns in PvP), but the Flared Magwell gives me the crispy reload speed which is also critical in the Crucible.

The roll I got for the Bygones is more or less the roll I wanted for my Blast Furnace.  I think my ideal roll for the Blast Furnace would be Full Auto / High Impact Reserves / High Caliber Rounds / Masterwork Range or Handling and then I'd throw either a Targeting Adjuster or a Counterbalance Mod on it.

I was kinda pissed until I use the Bygones in the Crucible later on and got a 25 kill / 3.13 ER match.  I had a 16 kill / 2.29 ER match when using the rifle, so I am back up to a 1.57 Overall ER. 

I put a Counterbalance mod on the Bygones and now it is close to laser accurate in PvP.

I also got one of the new phat Black Armory ornaments for the Bygones when I turned in an Etched Engram in to Tess.  The new skins for my Trust and Bygones look badass.

I think the Gaming Spirits want me to keep those weapons, so I will take the hint.... even though I still really want a good Blast Furnace...

I also got one of Ada-1's special bounties (Get Kills while armed with a full set of BA weapons) during my final Izanami Forge ignition last night, so I may just keep any shit roll BA Kinetic that drop for me (I already have a Tatara Gaze and a Hammerhread) just so I can start chipping away at this bounty very soon.  It has a two week timer, so I am dreading how many kills it will take to complete it.

I am 37 kills into the Murder Enemies with Le Monarque during Gofannon Forge ignitions trumph..

*sigh*

Only 463 to go. 

At least I have incentive to burn the Modulus Reports that I normally horde to try to get a Kindled Orchid or a Tatara Gaze with better perks. 

Tatara Gaze has a lot of recoil despite the Targeting Adjuster I have on it, so I will be nitpicky and try to get a roll with Masterwork Stability. 

Watch me get a TG with Masterwork Stability and a shit perk combo like Field Prep / Quick Draw. 

If you are going to make me fire while crouched, at least put something like Box Breathing on my Sniper Rifle to buff Accuracy and even then, that's a shit PvP roll. 

No one has time it takes for Box Breathing to proc to line up their sniper rifle shot in the Crucible. 

Opening Shot or Rangefinder would be marginally better, but Ideally I would like to have Moving Target / Dragonfly / HC Rounds or Moving Target / Mulligan / AP or HC rounds on a Masterwork Stability Tatara Gaze.  

I have also unlocked the emblems for Volundr Forge ignitions and Gofannon Forge Ignitions.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I love that I finished RDR2 and will probably finish at least Spiderman before you ever stop playing this game

Eventually my OCD will fixate on my Pile Of Sham rather than D2 content and I will grind a finish out of RDR2. 

I can feel it slowly kicking in now that I am 650 LL.

I've ended the week on 649 just needing boots and a bond to hit 650. This is Destiny after all so i expect that those 2 items will take weeks.... Hopefully this means i'll be starting on one of the alts at some point this week. Am i right in thinking tomorrow is Shattered Thrown week too? Looking forward to doing that again.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I also got one of Ada-1's special bounties (Get Kills while armed with a full set of BA weapons) during my final Izanami Forge ignition last night, so I may just keep any shit roll BA Kinetic that drop for me (I already have a Tatara Gaze and a Hammerhread) just so I can start chipping away at this bounty very soon.  It has a two week timer, so I am dreading how many kills it will take to complete it.

Don't actually complete this one when finished. I heard these bounties will tie into the Mysterious Box quest. I made that mistake already and now have to complete one of the three Forsaken/BA raids to finish the second one I got. Lets just say i'm happy Shattered Throne counts as a raid and is coming tomorrow.

• Like 1