DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

On 12/24/2018 at 10:35 AM, Basara said:

So i am so far behind with this game it's insane. There's so much shit to do now it feels a bit overwhelming.

After beating the Forsaken story and finally beating the Whisper of the Worm mission we kind of stopped playing for a while aside from the odd session to knock out a few weekly things for a bit of gear. Jumped back on when the new expansion dropped only to find that we basically couldn't play it due to the light level requirement of the Forge. I think this is the first time Bungie have set a level requirement higher than what normal people with casual playing could reach for an expansion. A dick move Bungie. So over the past 2 weeks we power levelled the hell out of our mains. I've gone from around 570 to 621 now. The 600 light kinetic from the Halloween event helped a lot since it dragged up the average light of gear quite a bit.

Aside from the standard weekly and daily powerful gear rewards from stuff like strikes and gambit we jumped into our first Well. It's not as much fun as Escalation Protocol, feels a lot more repetitive but it's also a hell of a lot easier to do undermanned. Even the heroic level 3 wasn't that hard. Though i imagine that was a different story when it first dropped and everyone was underlevelled.

Along the way we discovered something called The Shattered Throne that we've been missing out on. This might be my new favourite Destiny thing! sucks that it's time gated to once every 3 weeks because it's finally what we wanted since Prison and Challenge of the Eldars was a thing. End game content you don't need 6 people for. As a 2 man team at around high 590s/low 600s it was challenging enough with the high level enemies and mechanics but never really feeling like we needed a 3rd. I also like that all the mechanics in there are a gear check and more skill based than the normal 'stand 6 people in 6 different places, shoot boss' mechanics that most of the raids seem to have become. The first run took us about 90mins to figure out and get through. I'd love if each expansion came with something like this. Leave it time gated to once every 3 weeks but give each expansion one so there's 1 for each week. Give solo and small group players challenging end game content that doesn't require playing with randoms.

Anyway, after beating it for the first time and getting a new quest we jumped back in to get it done a second time before the reset locking us out for 3 weeks. This time we had to google the mechanics for the quest. Who's figuring this stuff out! it's insane. The second encounter with the new quest mechanics seriously jumped up the difficulty level but we still (barely) managed to beat it with the 2 of us.

After all of the power levelling i was sitting at around 615 with gear i'd actually use and 620 as my highest. Turns out that's just enough to beat the first forge. So I've now unlocked even more stuff to do on top of all the old stuff i haven't yet done.

I'm just now starting Forsaken and have never really had a crew I play with, so I'm looking forward (dreading) the confused slog I go through as I try to get through all of this content I paid for a couple of months ago.

Finished the Dawning Sparrow upgrades over the weekend, but I am not quite done with the event.. 

I will continue to bake for the sake of baking because it is easy to spam the oven twelve times to get Eva's weekly Powerful Engram on top of whatever free shit I get from the other vendors. 

Amanda gave me a Blue and three Enhancement Cores yesterday in gift exchange for my cookies and I got a Targeting Adjuster mod from Ikora.  I could use more presents like that.

I need to get some IB stuff done this week so that I don't have to worry about it later.  

I am 647 LL with my favorite stuff on, but the two IB armor pieces that I got from packages is in the 620-630 department.  It'll be interesting trying to get kills while wearing that stuff, but I will run with 648-650 guns so that should offset the low light levels of the IB armor I'll have to wear.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, Basara said:

So i am so far behind with this game it's insane. There's so much shit to do now it feels a bit overwhelming.

Well, at least the trip will be a bit lest grindy for you now that Prime Engrams will drop more frequently for people under 600 LL.  You should be able to bridge the power gap a bit better than those of us that came before.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Eivion said:

Is there a way to get more Black Armory Schematics, or are they random? I really, really want that Dragon Fly mod.

Unfortunately the mods are RNG 

I also want the Dragonfly mod to put on a machine gun. <evil grin> 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Eivion said:

So JT which do think is a better combo for Avalanche, Rampage/Threat Detector or Rampage/Feeding Frenzy? The former does have a larger magazine (70 vs. 57)?

I would go with Rampage / Feeding Frenzy for a machine gun. 

I only like Threat Detector on short range / high impact or short range/ high ROF weapons like shotguns, sidearms, and fusion rifles.

Oh, and grats on that Izanami Forge clear, man!  I am working on that Blended Ether / Concentrated Blight / Nessus Investigation bullshit for that quest right now.

I have once again joined the D2 meta douchebag army.  I now have a Crooked Fang FR-4 with Opening Shot / Dragonfly and a Backup Mag mod for use in Gambit invasions and the Crucible.

I also use my Tatara Gaze (Rangefinder / Dragonfly) in Gambit and have already gotten hate mail from invading players claiming that I am using an aim bot to cheat.  

No, that would be that free Targeting Adjuster mod I mentioned in an earlier post that I got from Ikora for baking her some yummy Traveler Donut Holes.. 

Merry Christmas, asshole!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Unfortunately the mods are RNG 

I also want the Dragonfly mod to put on a machine gun. <evil grin

Do the mods not switch out each day? I know I got Surrounded three times in a row.

I had no idea there was a Machine gun with Dragonfly. Clearly my RNG sucks.

I'm still hunting that elusive Dragonfly/Outlaw roll on a scout rifle, the Firefly/Outlaw combo was always my go to weapon in Destiny 1. I did get a god roll of a rocket launcher the other day. Dropping with Tracking and Cluster Bombs. It's basically a Hunger of Crota and the closest thing i'll probably ever get to a Gjallarhorn in Destiny 2.

I am glad I decided to hop on since this week is the Arcadian Chord week and that is the last one I need.

Will definitely finish the second baking upgrade - highly doubt I will get the third.

Now I say that not knowing how much essence I will get from IB matches

Keep doing the forge for the sword, but I have yet to get a roll with Surrounded.

Had my bets run of Crucible with me finally gettign a five match win streak in Iron Banner, including a victory where I was top scorer for my team. Of course that streak was extremely short lived with me losing the next round.

Gambit was odd. It was a shut out loss for my team, but I can't even be bothered to be mad about it. My team wasn't bad per say, and I managed to kill everyone on the opposing teams during an invasion each round. That double triumph left me in way too good a mood to give a crap about wins and losses. That said, we might have won that first round had someone not gone in ahead of me. Why they did after I had already taken out the entire team once before I have no idea.

Am i missing something with the forges? I've unlocked the forge on Neesus now and working on unlocking wherever this Vex quest is taking me but i'm not really seeing much return from all this effort. For a couple extra Powerful Rewards each week the weapon frame quests are real grindy and I've not really got anything good from them apart from a fancy paint scheme on a few guns. Am i just having bad luck with the ol' RNG or is there something specific i'm meant to be looking out for here?

Aide from that, i'm sitting at around 634 now. I've gone up about 50 levels in a month and with RNGs blessing it wont be too long before i hit max light for the first time in Destiny 2 i believe. I'm about 20 gifts away from finishing the Dawning sparrow quest too so i'll probably try and find some time to finish that up. I have put together a full set of Dawning gear for my Warlock now, to go along with  last years set and the other Eververse warlock armour. I collect too much crap.

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Only the initial weapon frame/forge unlock is particularly grindy. Repeating them is generally easy. It just annoying finding a good roll.

Ah, so you don't have to go through the whole process again once you've unlocked the initial frame for a weapon? That's not too bad. I got a half decent scout drop from the end of a forge earlier, triple tap and explosive rounds. Still not my dream role on anything. I guess it wouldn't be Destiny if it wasn't super grindy.

Finished off the Dawning sparrow quest now and took a quick look at what my highest light could be, i'm sitting at 640 now. Although most of that is with gear i wouldn't really use. Once i hit 650 it's time to decide if i start grinding for perfect gear to infuse or dust off one of the alts. 

I should actually manage to finish off the Dawning sparrow stuff and without having to grind THAT much

The IB triumphs that are popping a second time worth no points are pissing me the fuck off

Spent the last 2 days grinding out the rest of the Dawning sparrow upgrades. I am glad I did because doing all the activities gave me a lot of good shit. I am around 622.

I FINALLY unlocked the Malfeasance quest line. Ironically it was the last Gambit match I did to get the remaining Dawning Essence I needed

I continued my string of doing way better in IB than I do in regular Crucible.  

Hopefully @J.T. noticed that they gave everyone the last baking Triumph for free last night so they could complete the Dawning book

(Only reason I saw it was because they posted on Twitter at like 8 pm last night)

Played a little yesterday morning and completed the forge hand cannon (with a terrible roll). I did get the forge exotic bow to drop though, it’s pretty fun although not as over powered as Thorn used to be.

Haven't had chance to play since the weekly reset but I got a lot more in last week than usual so I’ve already got enough bounties finished to complete Ikori and the clans weekly milestone. Along with almost enough to do one the dreaming city and forge weekly bounties. I’m sitting on 641 now, inching ever closer to max light.

I did not realize it was possible to tie in Crucible. For the first ever I had a tied game. Even after over time, shit was so even with how we kept catching up to each other that both teams ended at 100 kills. Its also somewhat amusing since I got a little frustrated thinking I was sucking only for the final scoreboard to revel I was actually one of the more solid people and did a respectable number of murders.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, RIPPA said:

Hopefully @J.T. noticed that they gave everyone the last baking Triumph for free last night so they could complete the Dawning book

(Only reason I saw it was because they posted on Twitter at like 8 pm last night)

Nope.  I missed that, but I did get my second Izanami Forge clear last night!   Unfortunately, I didn't get the Le Monarque exotic bow on my first clear on New Year's Eve and the Blast Radius pulse rifle I got yesterday had shit perks.  I bought the Powerful Machine Gun Frame from Ada-1 this morning before heading into work in the hope of rerolling my Hammerhead.

RNG was kind enough to give me the Death By Scorn sidearm after I did the Heroic version of the Mindbender mission last Friday and I also got a BLACK TALON~! from Ikora last night for completing the Weekly Bounty Challenge.. 

Now I have to find the courage to drag my ass into a Last Wish raid and keep grinding Black Armory since I am two exotics away (One Thousand Voices & Le Monarque) from completing the Forsaken exotics Collection Seal. 

I think the things I am happiest about are finally getting a cool ornament for my Trust hand cannon and an ornament for my Two-Tailed Fox.

I need to peel the Combustor Valus's cap back before next reset now that Spidar FINALLY has the bounty available,.

I crept back to a 1.57 ER in the IB last week only to have it slip back down to 1.56 yesterday after a few sub 1.00 matches in the Crucible.  I hate guys that bring Lunas into Quickplay, but they earned them so I guess they should be able to use them anywhere they see fit. 

I guess I should be happy that I have yet to be on the business end of anyone armed with a Mountaintop yet.

I never got an Avalanche MG with the perks I liked and I still don't have one in my active arsenal.

Now that the Dawning is over, is the Avalanche still an available weapon or is it perma-locked out of the database?

I just realized that I am lacking in the Solar power weapon department and could use one to fill out my load-out that isn't the Whisper of the Worm....since I am a shitty platformer and I'd really would rather not spend a weekend mastering those jumps.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Now that the Dawning is over, is the Avalanche still an available weapon or is it perma-locked out of the database?

That would be a negative

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That would be a negative

Stoopid RNG.  Every roll I got on that dumb weapon was shit.  I never got one with a damage bonus perk and rarely got one with a decent accuracy bonus perk.

The last roll I shredded had fucking Slideways and Quickdraw.

Who the fuck slides while armed with a machine gun?