DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I actually was going to play this morning but the maintenance was starting earlier than I expected so I will wait.

I will miss Reset because I am headed back to MD for the night because we have an HOA dealie this evening and I have some concerns.....

...I am going to raise some Hell at the meeting...

I'll start my weekly litany of Clan XP and Powerful Gear grinding tomorrow after work.  I have to get as much baking done as I can before Christmas.  If I don't, there will be a lot of cookie spamming next Wednesday and Thursday.

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Supposedly the Veterans of the Hunt stuff has finally been deployed

I checked my D2 App while going to the shoppette for some snacks.  If the stuff has been deployed, it's not waiting for pick-up at the Post Office. 

Nearly every shader I have previewed looks horrible with my Prodigal armor, so I have no faith that the Black Tigerstripe shader will be any different.

Read the Patch Notes and am very annoyed by two things:

1. No mention of a Burnt Edge Transit fix or workaround.
  2. The SUROS MGs have been fixed because they had "more recoil than intended."  Which means I put a Counterbalance Mod on my new Avalanche last night for absolutely no reason.  Grrrr.. 

It's not the roll I really wanted anyway, so I am going to shred that fucking thing to get my mod back (I was saving it to put on a Nightshade pulse rifle or a Black Armory auto rifle) and hope that RNG is kind in the future.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

*sigh*

For the second week in a row, Spider's big bounty is for the Gravetide Summoner.

Here we go again...

It was Eye in the Dark last week.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I checked my D2 App while going to the shoppette for some snacks.  If the stuff has been deployed, it's not waiting for pick-up at the Post Office. 

You get it from Zavala, next to the usual Vanguard offerings he gives you.

• Like 1

Do the Nessus Flashpoint sooner than later. Looks like killing Vex there is the start of what will probably be unlocking the Izanagi Forge. I have checked elsewhere for sure, but I got a quest randomly after killing however many Vex and am already 2 more steps in.

EDIT: I'm feeling more and more like the designers of Black Armory should take a good paycut. The level of grind they are making this stuff is just fucking moronic and is the reason they are going to lose more players. The Izanami Forge has way too many damn steps with slight repeats that honestly can screw up and over players who are at different steps, but need to deal with similar enemies/PE. Beyond that you have really dumb shit like Fallen precision multi-kills and a disappearing steps missions where you have to fire at pyramid orbs to even make said steps appear in the first place. This is something where its clear they only took the hardcore players into account for, and its kind of annoying. Not enough to make me quit, but I'm really not looking for this type of frustration when I play.

Also what is it that the designers had against Hunters in this game? Warlock and Titans have ridiculous bonuses for PvP, and Hunters are the only class that can't fucking glide or fly. Hunters also seem to be the only class ego don't seem to have at least one 1-hit kill melee/grenade ability for Crucible. I know I've mentioned some of this before, but it really is truly annoying dealing in this shit even when I'm successful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

It was Eye in the Dark last week.

Yeah, I am just having flashbacks to when we got the Gravetide Summoner for four or five weeks straight.

My only remaining Spider big bounty triumph is for the Combuster Valus on Mercury.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

You get it from Zavala, next to the usual Vanguard offerings he gives you.

I'll be picking them up today after work!

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Re: Nessus crap and Izanami Forge ignition.

Yeah, that sounds like the opposite of fun.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Also what is it that the designers had against Hunters in this game? 

Blame it on the class rebalancing effort that started in D1 when Warlocks and Titans moaned about how powerful Arcblades were.

Hunters can still get it done in PvP, but I definitely work harder at it in D2 Crucible than I did in D1 Crucible.

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

Blame it on the class rebalancing effort that started in D1 when Warlocks and Titans moaned about how powerful Arcblades were.

Hunters can still get it done in PvP, but I definitely work harder at it in D2 Crucible than I did in D1 Crucible.

Ah, yeah I don't think I ever tried Crucible more than once in the original Destiny. Amusingly enough it looks like my bitching somehow paid off a little since I had a fairly easy going match this morning where I ended up doing pretty darn well.

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, that sounds like the opposite of fun.

Most of it isn't so bad. It just gets annoying after a while, especially as you realize other people are likely trying to do the same shit or something similar, and thus you end up stepping on each others' toes somewhat. I managed to knock out the Fallen precision multi-kills for instance, but I likely only did it because I had surprisingly less people to deal with this morning. Will say that you want to use Ace or Malfeasance for that one. Really though I do think they didn't take non-hardcores into enough consideration for this one. I generally consider my self somewhere between casual and hardcore. I know if I was the former I would have been out as far as this DLC goes. The grind for this stuff isn't super fun and makes for an odd choice considering none of isn't even for exotics yet.

Yesterday started off horribly, but ended fairly well.

• I experienced MAJOR LAG after the update.  Audio and video were totally fucked up.  After an incredibly shitty laggy Crucible performance  (8 Kills. 0.5 ER) where I could barely fire my gun, I finally rage quit, rebooted my console, and went to eat dinner.  When I logged back on and played another Crucible match, I got 19 Kills and a 3.8 ER en route to a victory in Control, so I am back on track.
  • Or so I thought after dropping two straight Gambit matches....
  • Beat the Arms Dealer NF for the billionth time and managed to top my all time high score.  It's now over 176K.  I may try to run it for 100K again to get the last emblem upgrade.
  • Got the Vex Transponder for the Izanami Forge quest while running through the final mission for the Gofannon Forge quest.  That fucking Servitor Forge Warden can bite my ass.  Naturally now that I am up to the "Clear the Spire Intergration PE on Nessus (Heroic Version)" step, I couldn't find one to save my life before I decided to crash for the night.
  • Unlocked Gofannon Forge and then got a successful clear on the first try!  WITH RANDO BLUEBERRIES NO LESS~!  To be fair, I was the rando blueberry because my fireteam members were two guys from the same clan.  
  • After infusions and upgrades, my light is now somewhere between 628-634 depending on what guns I'm using.  My Tatara Gaze sniper rifle dropped at 642 and has Rangefinder and Dragonfly so I will keep it to use in PvP and PvE. 
  • I also got a 620 LLTango-45 XK5094 scoutie with Triple Tap and Genesis.  That will probably get shredded for shards since all of my EWs are above 625 now and Triple Tap / Genesis don't have a lot of perk synergy in either PvE or PvP.
  • Somehow I got a pair of Firesmith boots after clearing Gofannon Forge.  Not sure how because I'm not supposed to get BA armor unless I complete two weapon frames a week and I only did one aka the frame for the Tatara Gaze,.  However the Director says that I completed Ada-1's Weekly Challenge, so I assume I got the boots via glitch.  Oh, well.  The boots dropped at 642, but  I will probably infuse them into my Prodigal Boots since the Firesmith boots don't have the Traction perk and I like having the bonus maneuverability and Mobility +1 buff.
  • While I am still talking about Black Armory stuff on Nessus, I need to find the location of the random Forge Warden that spawns in the Tangle so that I can kack him for a Triumph.
  • I've got enough Ballistics Reports to start working Ada-1's weapon frame shit into my weekly routine.  As if I didn't have enough on my plate already.
  • Two Dawning Sparrow upgrade bounties down, one to go.  Holy fuck, that's a lot of baking I have to do.
  • The Tigerstripe shaders look better on me than anything else I've used, but that's not saying much.  I do, however, love the new emblem.  Once again, people can look on and envy my 38K+ Triumph score.  Triumph score is the new Codex score.

I've got Christmas shopping to do tonight and I'm going out to dinner with my mom, my brother, and my sister so if I am online tonight, I am going to grind Blind Well since one DARPA clan mate said that the Quick Time Event for this week's meeting with Mara is fucking crazy.

I realized yesterday that I wont be playing from Saturday through Wednesday (at the earliest)

So I really hit the baking grind last night and felt like I got nowhere.

If I start to feel like there is no chance I get to 128 - I might just fully abandon the Dawning

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I realized yesterday that I wont be playing from Saturday through Wednesday (at the earliest)

So I really hit the baking grind last night and felt like I got nowhere.

If I start to feel like there is no chance I get to 128 - I might just fully abandon the Dawning

I am about halfway through the baking part of the last Dawning Sparrow upgrade quest.  I should be able to clear enough of Eva's bounties and spam enough cookies to clear all of the public triumphs for the Dawning.  

The only one I won't get is the Secret Triumph for Burnt Edge Transits unless they "fix" the oven before the end of the Event.  I'm not holding my breath for that shit.

I am sure you are doing it but remember another "known" issue is that you have to actually collect the triumph (ie: view it) to add it to your collection before the Dawning ends or you can "cash" it in

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am sure you are doing it but remember another "known" issue is that you have to actually collect the triumph (ie: view it) to add it to your collection before the Dawning ends or you can "cash" it in

Yeah, I always go to the Triumphs and enable them after I see them unlock on my HUD.

I spent most of yesterday and this morning continuing the Izanami Forge and finishing up the Dreaming City bounties.

Make sure you go to see Mara Sov this week. She won't be there, but there is a vid/story there I suspect will piss JT off a pinch.

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

I spent most of yesterday and this morning continuing the Izanami Forge and finishing up the Dreaming City bounties.

Make sure you go to see Mara Sov this week. She won't be there, but there is a vid/story there I suspect will piss JT off a pinch.

I watched the cutscene last night. 

To say that I am furious does not give justice to the concept of fury.

For some reason, the Spire Integration (Heroic) part of my Izanami Forge quest would not roll over when I completed the Heroic PE in the Tangle or in the Exodus Black zones..  It didn't register until I did it in the Hallows.

Now I have 15 more Minos to kill on Nessus.  I got credit for killing five when I fired up Looped to start working on my Heroic Mission weekly challenge.

Finished the first of the three sleigh upgrades. Doubt I will get anything else done until middle of next week.

Ran a few Mayhem matches just to blow through the Crucible weekly. Was reminded how much bullshit blade barrage is.

"Oh you hit me with Sentinel Shield AND have your Shield up. Fuck you - you die and I take zero damage."

Grr.....

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finished the first of the three sleigh upgrades. Doubt I will get anything else done until middle of next week.

Ran a few Mayhem matches just to blow through the Crucible weekly. Was reminded how much bullshit blade barrage is.

"Oh you hit me with Sentinel Shield AND have your Shield up. Fuck you - you die and I take zero damage."

Grr.....

Now you know how I feel when I use Blade Barrage on a Warlock in the middle of Daybreak and I die via Flaming Swords while he takes fire knives to the dome and only loses his barrier.

Or when I am Arcstaff twirling or using Spectral Blades and cannot outdamage a Striker using Fist of Havoc.

I have finished two of the three sleigh upgrades and have to bake about fifteen or so more treats to finish the last upgrade bounty from Amanda..  I'm also one Dawning bounty completion away from knocking out that triumph. 

I'm in good shape to chill with the family over the holidays and not touch my Xbox that much for a couple of days.  I won't be back to regular gaming time until next Wednesday and I should be able to kack my remaining Dawning triumphs before the first of the year.

The only Season 5 triumph I am concerned about is the one for completing Nightfalls.  I am 8 of 25 and probably need to pick it up a bit and start doing two or three a week instead of crapping out after I finish a 100K strike.

I got a shit ton of infusion fodder last night, so I had to pop all of my free Finest Matterweaves from the Vets bundle to catch up on gear buffs. I should be pushing 640 LL before too long.

Tatara Gaze is my new favorite sniper rifle in PvP and Gambit now, but it has quite a kick to it.  I'm going to have to throw a Targeting Adjustor on it to keep it on azimuth.

I also need to figure out what this Base Radiance thing does.

Oh, and I cobbled together enough mod components to buy a Black Armory mod from Ada-1 and I got a Rampage Spec that increases the timer when Rampage is active on a weapon. 

I put it on the Breakneck and KATIE BAR THE DOOR~!  It's now more of a bullet hose than before and it melts nearly everything in front of me in PvE and PvP, but the sights definitely drift if you hold the trigger down too long so I now have to get in the habit of pausing every now and again to readjust my targeting.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, RIPPA said:

If I get Black Armory for Christmas - I will probably be hardcore playing for the rest of my 2 week vacation

Don't do that.  Black Armory content is very grindy.  As Eivion said, it's almost a step back from the gameplay progress made in Season 4.

Even though the Forges have matchmaking, the scenarios aren't really blueberry friendly. 

You're better off going to LFG or rolling with friends and fighting with a coordinated team and even then, you will have to cherry pick through LFG to find a group that doesn't rely on cheese tactics to win.

Get used to seeing MUST HAVE WHISPER in every other Forge LFG post, which is stupid because high ROF weapons are much better for putting down the Forge Wardens for Volundr and Gofannon than single shot, high impact weapons like sniper rifles are.

Stick Together -> Kill Adds -> Win.  It doesn't get more simple.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, RIPPA said:

And then I will never want to play the game again

Yeah, unless RNG is kind and you keep pace with infusion upgrades to boost your light, you will definitely get frustrated with Season 5 mechanics.

A good purple heavy weapon with decent perks and a Boss Spec mod on it (preferably a light machine gun) is going to be your best friend in PvE.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I watched the cutscene last night. 

To say that I am furious does not give justice to the concept of fury

Yeah I figured I was putting it mildly to say the least. I actually saw a bit of the vid last month because it was somehow spoiled then, but shut up since I figured you and RIPPA hadn't caught it. I'm kind of mixed on it. Somehow it makes sense, but yeah, I'm still not the happiest about it.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have finished two of the three sleigh upgrades and have to bake about fifteen or so more treats to finish the last upgrade bounty from Amanda..  I'm also one Dawning bounty completion away from knocking out that triumph. 

I'm pretty close to the last upgrade as well. If I play more today I think i will knock it out.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and I cobbled together enough mod components to buy a Black Armory mod from Ada-1 and I got a Rampage Spec that increases the timer when Rampage is active on a weapon. 

Is there a way to get more Black Armory Schematics, or are they random? I really, really want that Dragon Fly mod.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Stick Together -> Kill Adds -> Win.  It doesn't get more simple. 

I have no idea why this concept is so damn hard to grasp. The only Forge where being separate works even somewhat well is the Izanami Forge and even that one you are best off with at least two people staying together in the main area to ignite the forge.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If I get Black Armory for Christmas - I will probably be hardcore playing for the rest of my 2 week vacation

And then I will never want to play the game again

Now I'm not going to say you should wait for Joker's Wild or anything, but yeah, do not just go rushing into Black Armory. The weapons are nice enough, but they are definitely not worth grinding out during your entire vacation.

Finished Izanami Forge last night. Of course just after I get the bow from the forge I finally get the Trinity Ghoul as well. Wearing both bows and the Black Amory chest piece puts my LL at 644. I can probably go 645 if I wear the arms piece from BA as well. Not sure I will do much else other than finish up the Pulse Rifle Frame this weekend (probably today).

So JT which do think is a better combo for Avalanche, Rampage/Threat Detector or Rampage/Feeding Frenzy? The former does have a larger magazine (70 vs. 57)?

• Like 1

So i am so far behind with this game it's insane. There's so much shit to do now it feels a bit overwhelming.

After beating the Forsaken story and finally beating the Whisper of the Worm mission we kind of stopped playing for a while aside from the odd session to knock out a few weekly things for a bit of gear. Jumped back on when the new expansion dropped only to find that we basically couldn't play it due to the light level requirement of the Forge. I think this is the first time Bungie have set a level requirement higher than what normal people with casual playing could reach for an expansion. A dick move Bungie. So over the past 2 weeks we power levelled the hell out of our mains. I've gone from around 570 to 621 now. The 600 light kinetic from the Halloween event helped a lot since it dragged up the average light of gear quite a bit.

Aside from the standard weekly and daily powerful gear rewards from stuff like strikes and gambit we jumped into our first Well. It's not as much fun as Escalation Protocol, feels a lot more repetitive but it's also a hell of a lot easier to do undermanned. Even the heroic level 3 wasn't that hard. Though i imagine that was a different story when it first dropped and everyone was underlevelled.

Along the way we discovered something called The Shattered Throne that we've been missing out on. This might be my new favourite Destiny thing! sucks that it's time gated to once every 3 weeks because it's finally what we wanted since Prison and Challenge of the Eldars was a thing. End game content you don't need 6 people for. As a 2 man team at around high 590s/low 600s it was challenging enough with the high level enemies and mechanics but never really feeling like we needed a 3rd. I also like that all the mechanics in there are a gear check and more skill based than the normal 'stand 6 people in 6 different places, shoot boss' mechanics that most of the raids seem to have become. The first run took us about 90mins to figure out and get through. I'd love if each expansion came with something like this. Leave it time gated to once every 3 weeks but give each expansion one so there's 1 for each week. Give solo and small group players challenging end game content that doesn't require playing with randoms.

Anyway, after beating it for the first time and getting a new quest we jumped back in to get it done a second time before the reset locking us out for 3 weeks. This time we had to google the mechanics for the quest. Who's figuring this stuff out! it's insane. The second encounter with the new quest mechanics seriously jumped up the difficulty level but we still (barely) managed to beat it with the 2 of us.

After all of the power levelling i was sitting at around 615 with gear i'd actually use and 620 as my highest. Turns out that's just enough to beat the first forge. So I've now unlocked even more stuff to do on top of all the old stuff i haven't yet done.

• Like 1