DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I had a moment of stupidity and masterworked my oven before making shitty Burnt Edge Transits.  Hopefully I can abandon the oven and get a new one from Eva so that I can fuck up a recipe and then re-masterwork the new oven.

I've already made some Strange Cookies for Xur.  Hopefully I get a chance to give them to him over the weekend, but tomorrow is my kid's 16th birthday party and we're visiting some friends in Delaware on Sunday.  I may not have the opportunity to drop that shit off until the Dawning is nearly over.

I threw a Boss Spec mod on my Hammerhead to boost its damage against big yellow bars.  I was on a couple of fireteams that kacked the Volundr Forge warden, but we didn't get any decent drops. 

At least I finished the Forge Ignition bounty for Ava and have a Ballistic Report now, but I can't use the reports to buy Weapon Frames until I clear Gofannon Forge.

I'm up to the 620 LL mission tracking down the smuggling ring that is competing with Spider's sketchy activity.  Getting precision kills on Fallen enemies was dirt simple because I famed Trostland, but then they make you go get melee kills on Fallen specifically on the Tangled Shore and you also have to beat a Heroic Event there, too.

Next stop is dealing with some Fallen crime boss named Siviks who apparently:

Reveal hidden contents

Is the Spider's son

but that shit is 620 LL recommended, so I am going to grind some light for a bit and try to get some Volundr clears to get guns with the perks that I prefer to have.

A pity about the oven. For some reason I thought I had it here before until i realized I didn't. I was hoping I mentioned it before you pulled it off. For me it didn't matter too much since I started off mixing randomly.

I will be delivering Xur's cookies next time I play.

My Hammerhead load out isn't great, but I like the the whatever weapon effect that gives me back missed ammo. I think I will go with your idea of giving it a boss spec mod next time one is available.

I actually did most of the work to unlock the forge this last night and this morning. I think next time I see Ada-1 she will give me the go ahead to unlock and create the sniper rifle.

Did realize I though Siviks was

Spoiler

Spider's little brother?

Don't let the LL bother you. I was the same LL as you (at622 now) and didn't have too hard a time dealing with everything. The most annoying fight is the Servitor fight at the forge. Its not hard, just annoying since the servitor will warp you like the one in public ether events does.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Am I wrong for thinking that it is hilarious that everyone is on the list to receive a baked Dawning treat EXCEPT for Brother Vance?

I knew someone was missing, but couldn't recall who so no, you aren't wrong for thinking its funny because I refuse to think I'm wrong for it as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know JT hates it but Mayhem is so much damn fun

I fucking hate Mayhem.

I was able to log on long enough on Saturday to deliver my cookies to Xur.  Now all I have to do is grind Dawning bounties and bake bake bake.

I'll be on tonight to get in a 100K NF and do my Daily stuff. 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Eivion said:

.My Hammerhead load out isn't great, but I like the the whatever weapon effect that gives me back missed ammo. I think I will go with your idea of 

Yeah. I didn't want to shred it even though it had crappy all around perks.  I added the Boss Spec mod to make it more PvE friendly.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Eivion said:

Don't let the LL bother you. I was the same LL as you (at622 now) and didn't have too hard a time dealing with everything. The most annoying fight is the Servitor fight at the forge. Its not hard, just annoying since the servitor will warp you like the one in public ether events does.

Sounds good.  I'll knock that out tonight along with the rest of my To Dos. 

I forgot I still have two more bounties to finish for Ada to get another Ballistic Report.  I'll be happy when I get my first Gofannon Forge clear out of the way and can start buying Weapon Frames.

I will say this about Mayhem - since they made their tweaks. The matches are lightning fast.

I think I did my original 5 matches in the time it would take to do one normal control match

I really should hit the well today.

So much baking to do

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So much baking to do

Yeah, there is a lot of bakery spamming I need to do in order to upgrade the Dawning Sparrow and I am about halfway through completing 40 Dawning bounties.

The only triumph I won't unlock is the not-so-secret Burnt Edge Transits to Rahool triumph unless someone "fixes" my masterwork oven.

Is the Blind Well fixed? Because if it isn't I am not even gonna bother trying to complete that today

I probably will hit Gambit since that seems to be the easiest way to quickly obtain baking materials.

Well except Sharp Flavor - I just buy that shit

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Is the Blind Well fixed? Because if it isn't I am not even gonna bother trying to complete that today

Yep, it's fixed but you can probably skip it since the Queen isn't in this week.  The only reasons to bother would be if you got the dirt simple Beat A Plague Of The Well While Ascended purification ritual or if you needed Powerful Gear for Infusion Fodder.

I mess around with Blind Well to see if I can get 600+ upgrades to my RD Armor so that I can save infusion fodder for my walking around armor.

I probably will hit Gambit since that seems to be the easiest way to quickly obtain baking materials.

I used to hate fighting Scorn in Gambit.  Not so much during the Dawning.

Well except Sharp Flavor - I just buy that shit

I just break out Quickfang whenever Zavala has a Kill Shit With A Sword During A Strike bounty.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh though great thing about Mayhem is Shaxx yelling about grenades

God it makes me crack up every time

It cannot possibly be better than Drifter marking out when you get an Army of One medal.

Shaxx usually is screaming something "Throw more grenades!"

Like the opening of one game was something like WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN THROWING GRENADES!!!!

Just now, RIPPA said:

God Dammit - I wasn't paying attention and made the Burnt Edge Transits mistake in that I didn't do it

You did not learn from my grievous error.

Eivion warned us both.  Yes, he did.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So back to Fuck Bungie for me

Yeah, if I said I wasn't salty with the way Bunige is handling this, I'd be lying.

"Uh, too bad for not doing your Dawning shit the way we wanted you to do it...."

As if it were actually fun to mess around with that damned oven.

I'm also not very happy with the auto-reveal of Eva's lore book at the start of the Dawning.  I'd at least would've liked a warning a week or so before I got screwed out of triumph points.

I will say this - despite their claim that it was always intended that way - it is listed in the Known Issues for the Dawning so we shall see

I am pissed because I literally just had to make them and the shit for Spider. I made the ones for Spider first just so I knew that I had all the remaining ingredients at my disposal. Yeah - by doing that Bungie told me to bend over

Also - as pointed out - tying the Oven to all three characters but putting it under pursuits is some bullshit

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I used to hate fighting Scorn in Gambit.  Not so much during the Dawning.

I realize now that the only group it never sucks to fight in Gambit is Fallen. Scorn will start attacking hyper fast randomly or have those large electric golems will pop up seemingly out of nowhere to shock you. The Vex have the hydras & cannons. Cabal have the damn turrets. And the Hive have the Knights, Shriekers, and wizards who seem to be powered up compared to normal gameplay.

52 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Eivion warned us both.  Yes, he did.

Again, sorry for not mentioning that sooner than I did.

41 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm also not very happy with the auto-reveal of Eva's lore book at the start of the Dawning.  I'd at least would've liked a warning a week or so before I got screwed out of triumph points.

I didn't even realize we could learn about what happened to her during the war until I heard the book was completed with the Dawning.

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - as pointed out - tying the Oven to all three characters but putting it under pursuits is some bullshit

I only use one character so I had no idea about this. That is definitely some pure bullshit.

Completed the Hand Cannon quest for the Gofannon Forge. Its taken me a bit since I like to have one or two augmented weapons set p as well when I use a forge. I have another Ballistics Log, but I think I will save it for tomorrow's reset since I'm assuming the sniper rifle schematic is just for another Tatara Gaze.

I found another Forsaken exotic in the Wavesplitter. Will probably end up fodder for something eventually since I don't use trace rifles.

Outside of doing the daily strike I doubt I will be doing much else today since I finished up all the other weekly power bounties aside from daily story missions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am gonna wait to see what is in today's patch first before I decide if I want to keep with the baking grind.

If they fix the oven then I am in

I am in regardless.  I'm over 38K Triumph Points and I want total credit for fully upgrading the Dawning Sparrow before this event ends.. 

I finished one of the Sparrow upgrade fetchit quests yesterday after doing a shit ton of baking and received an Avalanche MG with High Caliber Rounds / Feeding Frenzy / Rampage from Zavala when I gave him his Gjallardoodles.

Not quite a Perfect Roll for the Avalanche (my dream roll is High Caliber Rounds / Dynamic Sway Reduction or Under Pressure /  High Impact Reserves), but much better than the one I got earlier. 

I say it is not Perfect because the Avalanche has a lot of recoil, so I had to put a Counterbalance Mod on the one I got so that it would stay on target long enough for Feeding Frenzy and Rampage to proc after a kill. 

If I had an accuracy booster perk along with a damage booster perk, I could use a mod to enhance it's performance rather than use a mod to correct a deficiency.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

.I found another Forsaken exotic in the Wavesplitter. Will probably end up fodder for something eventually since I don't use trace rifles.

SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW~!  I don't use Trace Rifles that much either, but I'd still like to collect the set and have a Trace Rifle for each elemental damage type.

Trace Rifles are pretty good boss killers in PvE, so it'd be nice to have an Exotic to compliment Quickfang and Breakneck if I am running a Void load-out in a Heroic Strike or Heroic Daily the same way I run Prometheus Lens with Avalanche for Solar or Coldheart with Play Of The Game for Arc.

Completed the Hand Cannon quest for the Gofannon Forge. Its taken me a bit since I like to have one or two augmented weapons set p as well when I use a forge. I have another Ballistics Log, but I think I will save it for tomorrow's reset since I'm assuming the sniper rifle schematic is just for another Tatara Gaze.

I knocked out the first two Kell's Scourge missions and now I think I am up to the showdown on Nessus with Siviks.  I also did not realize that

Spoiler

he and the Spider are brothers

until I started studying up for the future encounters on the YouTubes.

Eva is killing me with these This (Dawning) Is Amazing! bounties now that I am one of those inconsistency slumps where I am either really good or am stinking up the entire Crucible with my shitty play.

I didn't even realize we could learn about what happened to her during the war until I heard the book was completed with the Dawning.

Yeah, Eva's lore book was added a month or so ago.  You could allegedly unlock pages of it via normal running around, but some people say that it took fucking forever to unlock the last two or three pages so most think that the lore book was bugged.

I seemed to unlock a page from Eva's book after every three or four Heroic Daily Missions, every two Nightfalls, or after every two or three Daily Challenge Missions on the Flashpoint planet.  I don't think I ever unlocked a page after finishing a Strike or a PE.

I think I had two or three pages to go before I completed the whole book.  If I'd had known that I only had a few days to do it, I'd have spammed a lot more Heroic Daily missions.