DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

These Gambit changes fucking suck

I didn't notice much difference other than when one team gets ahead by a large margin, they stay ahead.   I'm riding a two game win streak right now.

Crispy invasions to deny motes is the key to victory..  I merced two guys last night who were hording for large blockers and that was pretty much the death knell for their team.

The downside is that you'll see even more people than before with Sleepers and Thunderlords now since you can efficiently take people out without resorting to your Super.  You'll also see more people using burst supers (so much for getting the Light Against Light triumph) and the Titan / Hunter combo of Melting Point / Blade Barrage will be the new meta.

I tried to help a friend clear Vorgeth this morning in the Shattered Throne, but that shit was bananas.  Looks like I will be working to get Malfeasance done first and then maybe doing Shattered Throne once I get the strats down.  I think the bonus damage to Taken that Malfeasance gives will come in handy.

I should probably start masterworking my Reverie Dawn Armor for that shit, too.

I got 900 Silver when I logged on yesterday.  I bought the Thunderlord package with the railgun ornament and another Etched Engram.  Now I have 100 Silver left over and the cheapest item that Tess has costs 200. Oh, well.  I'm not spending real money just to buy something else to zero out my Silver.

They definitely changed the type of enemies you face because there never were 84520528412 shriekers on the map from jump street when you fought the Hive.

I ran a strike and finally did the Super Titan Triumph (I am a sure there is a version for each class). The one where you use the three different types of supers in one activity.

Need to get so many arc kills....

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They definitely changed the type of enemies you face because there never were 84520528412 shriekers on the map from jump street when you fought the Hive.

There are three Shriekers on the map at any time (there used to be only two) provided your team killed all the Shriekers during the previous spawn cycle, but they agro from 9899898989898898 miles away and they can pelt you with a million billion void bullets all at once. 

If you can't find cover, you will die quickly.  That's the problem. 

I've been killed while trying to bank motes on the Emerald Coast map because fucking Shriekers have line of sight and can shoot Axion Bolts nearly all the way across the fucking zone.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I ran a strike and finally did the Super Titan Triumph (I am a sure there is a version for each class). The one where you use the three different types of supers in one activity.

I got that triumph done the fourth week after launch. 

Not sure if it was a glitch, but enemies killed by tether implosions didn't count so I had to wait until I got Spectral Blades before going after the Super Hunter triumph.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There are three Shriekers on the map at any time (there used to be only two) provided your team killed all the Shriekers during the previous spawn cycle, but they agro from 9899898989898898 miles away and they can pelt you with a million billion void bullets all at once. 

They are also there the instant the match starts now

Plus - there were way more Knights at the start

Of course the other issue is that everyone (and to be fair - myself too) are using Assault Rifles now

I am not going to be on (if I am on at all) until close to 7

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

They are also there the instant the match starts now.

When Shriekers are in play, they are usually there the instant the match starts.  That's why the first guy out of the chute usually dies when Shriekers are in play because they target the closest player and don't really shift their agro to someone else unless they take a ton of damage.

I hate it when Shriekers are up because smart teams will target them first, but killing them procs a bunch of motes that will sometimes go poof if teams get caught up killing adds and don't rush in to gather.  I hate it when Cabal Scorpions and Vex Cyclopses are in play for similar reasons.

That's why it doesn't really pay to gather motes if you don't have to because of a bounty or something.  Either be a mote runner or clear the way for the mote runner to gather. 

Clearers are also free to engage the invader with impunity because they don't have any motes to lose.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, I fucking hate Knights because they are so tanky and will chase you away from motes.

All of this talk about the Breakneck reminded me that I saw a Hunter in the Blind Well last night that already had the new Fusion Rifle. 

I wish I had that kind of free time to devote to getting this fucking Gambit auto-rifle.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

I tried to help a friend clear Vorgeth this morning in the Shattered Throne, but that shit was bananas.  Looks like I will be working to get Malfeasance done first and then maybe doing Shattered Throne once I get the strats down.  I think the bonus damage to Taken that Malfeasance gives will come in handy.

It likely had more to do with going with a good team, but the last time I did Shattered Throne it was with Malfeasance and that was the fastest I ever ran through it.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That isn't new, just rare. I guess I forgot to mention them when I also mentioned the Cabal turrets. Both are rare, but when they appear your game is going to suck so damn much regardless of whether or not you win.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They are also there the instant the match starts now

Of course the other issue is that everyone (and to be fair - myself too) are using Assault Rifles now

I am not going to be on (if I am on at all) until close to 7

Same amount of Knights have been appearing from what I can tell. Oddly enough my games with the auto-rifle have gone better than expected. I find Cerberus more useful than Horror Story for Gambit.

Yeah - I guess I should say it was more first time with the never-ending Shriekers - so we can file it under "new to me"

The Scorpions (the Cabal turrets) don't bother me because their shit doesn't track like the Shrieker

I didn't think about my Cerberus (mainly because its on my Warlock). I like using Horror Story just because its my only masterworked AR.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

It likely had more to do with going with a good team.

Yeah, my homegirl was trying to run it low light, but I've run it one time with all 590's and it was a challenging go.  I think she just needs to wait until she is up to snuff before heading in again. 

It's hard to carry someone through an encounter like that where you need everyone to be able to clear adds and DPS.

Oh, I am officially a WAYFARER~!  

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

I find Cerberus more useful than Horror Story for Gambit.

I prefer using the Horror Story. 

That leaves my Exotic slot open to use Thunderlord for invasions so that I can get kills without having use my Super.  I like saving my Blade Barrage for melting the boss.

Last night was quick and efficient

Finished Flash Point with no issues (which is pretty much always the way on non-Mercury planets)

Split the two Gambit matches I played - and the loss wasn't even too bad since I got dropped in a match as my squad was losing Round 1. But it was enough to gain a level.

Got "The Corrupted" as my strike which is only the 2nd time I have ever run that . Why am I positive there is a collectible in the throne room that I have yet to get?

Oh! FINALLY got a ghost shell for the Dreaming City. Thank the maker

I split two Gambit matches and completed another Purification Ritual (Kill Plague of the Well while Ascended).  I still need one more lorebook page for the Awoken so my career in the Blind Well is not quite over.

Got a page from Eva's lorebook after knocking out the Weekly Challenge for Daily Heroic Missions.   I got two triumphs (Complete 5 Warmind HMs, Complete 5 Osiris HMs) so now I have to focus on completing Forsaken HMs for the Daily Heroic Weekly Challenge.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

you are never going to play RDR2

I beat Dungeon Chasers in the middle of Season 4 and that shit was grindy as Hell.  

I will put in some serious time into RDR2 before Season 5 is up.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, my homegirl was trying to run it low light, but I've run it one time with all 590's and it was a challenging go.  I think she just needs to wait until she is up to snuff before heading in again. 

It's hard to carry someone through an encounter like that where you need everyone to be able to clear adds and DPS.

Oh, I am officially a WAYFARER~!  

I prefer using the Horror Story. 

That leaves my Exotic slot open to use Thunderlord for invasions so that I can get kills without having use my Super.  I like saving my Blade Barrage for melting the boss.

How low was she? She should be fine at 570, maybe even 560 though she should remember to take advantage of the powerful gear she get during the run and actually equip or infuse it, and of course use the Transcendent Blessings.

Congrats on Wayfarer.

I usually don't think about Thunderlord, but you make a good point. Honestly, I just wish I didn't have t get so many damn auto-rifle kills. I miss not using my Malfeasance and dragonfly/explosive head combined Subtle Calamity.

• Like 1

I lost the one Gambit match I did today, but that had more to do with ineffective teammates than anything else. Never got to use the Thunderlord on any Guardians, but it was useful against the Primeval. I actually killed it just after the opposing team killed theirs. Think i will try again tomorrow, with a hopefully better team.

I did an hour or two yesterday for the daily Gambit and the Dreaming City Blind Well/Offering/8 Dailies bounties. Outside of that I did 30 minutes this morning to to finish up the Flashpoint for Titan. Probably won't do anything else until tomorrow's reset.

Beat the Corrupted strike for Malfeasance with a couple of randos last night.  That boss was a pain in the ass. 

Now trying double dip and work on the Malfeasance and Breakneck quests at the same time.  I'm at 70% for Motes of Dark and 50% in Wins and I am steadily grinding along for the Breakneck.

People are using the Breakneck and the Loaded Question in the Crucible.  I don't have the luxury of weekend grinding time with quality boo time and football and stuff.

I will try to get to the debut Black Armory launch stuff sometime tonight, but I really do want to pound out some Gambit when I get home from work.

Ada-1 is already showing up as a vendor in my D2 Companion App.

Had two crappy Gambit matches. The changes definitely make things suck if you fall behind. Really though this was more a case of my having bad luck getting way too many motes at once and becoming an attractive target for invaders. It really wasn't on purpose. I just found my self with 10-15 motes multiple times for whatever reason. Things also might have gone better had it not been for the damn shriekers. I still ended up delivering a good amount of motes each match.

I definitely have noticed though that the Cerberus+1 seems better for kills that Horror Story. I'm not really sure why, but I always manage more with Cerberus.

Strike and Crucible were just dailies, but I managed far better with them.

It seems that you can open up the Black Armory even w/o the annual pass though you can't truly start the quest or buy anything from Ada-1 w/o it. Oh and the kicker on that is that Ada-1 actually sells mod components. Not sure if it will be like Spider with Enhancement Cores where the price goes up each buy, but right now its just 5 legendary shards and some glimmer.