DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Played WAY more Destiny than I planned this weekend.

It started with me deciding that if I was going to do the Flashpoint on Mercury - I might as well do it on my Warlock since at least I still need to level her up.

Then that started me down the path of... well... leveling her up.

I still have to do the final Thunderlord mission on her and I know I have to do that tonight.

I hit Gambit hard to try and reset. (Still haven't - so much Gambit tonight)

I also went after Crucible as I realized I needed to get 100 kills wearing the Wing outfit - that was last night's grind.

Since I have to play way more than I want tonight - I will probably not play at all the rest of this week since its gonna be that weird transition week before all the new stuff in Dec.

I am going to grind Infamy tonight to get my third reset and then call it a week.  Normally, I'd get in my 5K after Hard Reset to earn more clan perks, but there really is no point since we didn't make Tier 6 this season.

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The good thing is that a Gambit win basically fills half a circle.

So a good run will make the medicine go down easier tonight

It will be a night filled with rage and sorrow because I usually find myself up against stacked four man tryhards and paired up with complete imbeciles.

When I played on Saturday I had a 85 LL greenie on my team that had no idea what he was doing.

And that's not a typo.  He was 85 LL.

I faced the dumbest four man ever last night.

Thanks to quitters - it was me and another dude vs. a 4 man and we still won Round 1.

Then we got help in Round 2 and I think they might have banked a total of 10 motes

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I faced the dumbest four man ever last night.

Thanks to quitters - it was me and another dude vs. a 4 man and we still won Round 1.

Then we got help in Round 2 and I think they might have banked a total of 10 motes

RNG had mercy on me after the match with the green on my team and I was put up against a coordinated four man of randos who looked good on paper but in actuality, they were complete shit.

Since they were kitted out with really impressive gear, I decided to use the old invade early to deny them motes to bank and it was brutal. I almost felt sorry for them. 

I knocked them from 40 motes unbanked down to zilch in two or three of my invasions and they never caught up.  

One guy on their team rage quit.  I can only imagine what their party chat was like during the match.  Somebody got reported for Quitting Early for sure.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Only took 3 fucking hours but I got my reset

I was up until about one in the morning, but I finally got my THIRD reset of the season and unlocked the Ludomaniacal part on the Gambit reset counter emblem and I also bought a Furtive shell from Drifter.

I think I lost about six straight matches before winning one, dropping one, and then wheeling off four straight wins and getting the rollover.  I have never worked that hard for Gambit victories in my entire life.

I still have a mystery item to unlock before I complete the Gambit Collection Badge for weapons / armor / shaders / emblems and apparently it is the dreaded Dance The Demons Away emblem where the entire team has to deposit 15 motes at the same time.   Urgh..  Unless DARPA is up against a completely shit team, I doubt we'll go after that.

It is harder to get the Gambit triumph seal than I thought.  Good thing I am one item away from unlocking the Destinations seal.

I was kinda happy that at least one thing went right last night.  I tried to knock out a couple of Scrapper bounties so that I could start hording cores for S5 gear and I and got pounded in the Cruicble several times.  My Overall ER is down to like 1.57 now.  Not good.

It was frustrating.  I would get guys down to a smidge of health and their buddies would magically come to their rescue.  It also didn't seem to help that I was always trying to hold down the heavy spawn while my teammates were fucking off on another part of the map. 

Eventually, I got tired of getting team shot and watching the other side get rockets and precision fusion rifle ammo over and over and over again.

Season of the Forge is a week off, so I will probably take it easy for the next few days and play more RDR2,  By my count, today's hard reset should start the Stronger week of the Curse, so going through Shattered Throne is a no go and I don't want to do Malfeasance without more DARPA peeps in tow.. 

If Flashpoint is on Titan this week, I am going after my Destinations triumph seal (WAYFAREER~!) and I'll hit the Blind Well since I have one final Awoken of the Reef lore item left to unlock.  Once that's done, I can transition to skinning snakes and collecting loot for my gang of outlaws.

Black Armory looks promising.  I've checked out the videos for the new Pinnacle weapons and I think I may have to get my hands on that Gambit auto rifle.

The Crucible gyrojet rifle also looks pretty yummy, but I will probably drive myself to alcoholism trying to get it.

I got two wins and I was halfway there and I was like "THIS WILL TAKE NO TIME AT ALL"

And then I didn't get any wins for like 5 straight matches.

And I was getting borderline rage quitty because my connection sucked too so I was laggy as all hell.

Only reason I didn't was because I got dropped into a match right at the end that we won. So suddenly between that and the bounties I had completed - I was only one win away.

It took like 2 more matches but thank Christ

Now I keep the masterworked Trust on my Titan and send my unmasterworked one to my Warlock.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Now I keep the masterworked Trust on my Titan and send my unmasterworked one to my Warlock.

You can re-buy Gambit redemption cards for 5K Glimmer and 10 Enhancment Cores and get back those masterworked weapons you received for free when you rolled your Infamy over.

The Trust will have Zen Moment / Dragonfly and the Bad Omens will have Tracking Module / Cluster Bombs.

Either I am an idiot, or the Microsoft Store didn't sell the Annual Pass separately until recently.   I searched for it for it several times last week via Microsoft Games and I kept seeing the Pass listed as Not Sold Separately.  When I checked this morning, it is being sold for $35 US, so I will be buying and downloading it when I get to the crib tonight.

No I think it just got added since I searched for it a little while ago to see the price point and couldn't find it.

I am going to ask for it for Xmas (well more specifically Microsoft Points) - so I won't officially get it until break time (But I also have 3 1/2 weeks off then)

I know I will get it because $35 fits nicely in the price range for all of us who need to mind our budgets this year

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No I think it just got added since I searched for it a little while ago to see the price point and couldn't find it.

I am going to ask for it for Xmas (well more specifically Microsoft Points) - so I won't officially get it until break time (But I also have 3 1/2 weeks off then)

I know I will get it because $35 fits nicely in the price range for all of us who need to mind our budgets this year

Yeah, with Christmas bills in January and my boo's birthday trip to Jamaica coming up in the summer, I won't be asking people to spend too much on me this holiday. 

I will accept cash to recover what I will spend on the Annual pass or Live gift cards to knock a little off of the cost of my Gold renewal.

Flashpoint is on Titan!  Yay!

I need to do two Heroic Story Missions on Titan to get my seal.  I'll do them both before the week is out, but I will try to complete them as they pop up as Daily Challenges.

I tried to grind Gambit lats night and this morning, but just couldn't hit the reset with the amount of losses I was taking. I like that power increase is season based for the next set of dlcs.

Probably won;t have the annual pass until sometime mid or late December

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I tried to grind Gambit lats night and this morning, but just couldn't hit the reset with the amount of losses I was taking.

Once you get your Infamy up to Legend, your rank will only improve incrementally if you get wins.  Too many losses will definitely increase your urge to rage quit.

I think I got lucky because I stayed up late enough to outlast the serious grinders.  The closer it got to 1AM EDT, the more I found myself up against fewer teams and more single players.  I guess it was close to bedtime for most WC players; kids and adults alike.

Saved four of my Iron Banner rewards for the reset so now i have Vest, cloak, and grips for this season already.  I like the vest more than last seasons. It also has a perk for machine guns which should be nice next time I feel like using Thunderlord.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - when I first started - I definitely was butting heads with 4 man fire teams

I think my wins (at least early) came when I was the rando added to a 3 man

What helped me was getting lucky enough to get into a queue full of single randos, winning the match, and then staying in the queue.   If one or two drop out, then you knew you'd either get one or two single players or a two-man.

Right before my last match of the night, three single players dropped out and they were replaced by a three-man team.  I was fortunate enough to have Matchmaking put me on the same fireteam as the three-man and that win put me over the bonus for the Infamy reset.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I played so much last night I actually finished that stupid blockers bounty (the one that you have to do certain amounts of each type of blocker) for the first time

I loath this bounty, but actually have managed to finish it up a few times as well. Annoys the hell out of me every time since it says just how much Gambit I probably played for that week.

So any idea if & when they are bringing back Faction Rallies? Feels like its been forever since we really heard anything about them.

Load times are DRAMATICALLY improved.  No more hanging in mid air while trying to jump to the Spine of Keres.

Mara is holding court this week, so do your Blind Well shit and turn in your offering. Our conversation pissed me off.  I may have put a bullet into the head of the wrong member of the Sov family.

I miscounted.  This is the worst week for the curse, so I will try to run Shattered Throne before Black Armory launch, provided that the high LL peeps in the DARPA clan aren't playing Red Dead this week.

I going to hit up LFG today for a Malfeasance group running the Corrupted strike.  I tried to wait for clan mates, but I am kinda tired of seeing this in my Pursuits queue.

I picked up the Pinnacle quests for the Gambit auto-rifle and the two Vanguard weapons.  The Crucible micro-missile launcher that requires earning Glory ranks can kiss my ass.  Why didn't these dumbass devs create a Pinnacle weapon for Valor rank earners?