DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Just now, Eivion said:

I'm pretty sure I have said here before that the third seed comes from the Queen.

Yeah.  My second seed came from the Blind Well and my third came from Mara after I gave my first offering to the Oracle Engine.

Its not that I didn't know the Queen would give me one it's

A) I finally visited the Queen in her court after her missing her every previous time

B) I don't doubt this game's ability to dick me over

All in all - a productive couple of hours in the Dreaming City as I got a whole bunch of Triumphs, found either my last or next to last cat and got a 600 LL mark

• Like 2

Congrats on hitting 600.

I did the Prove Your Worth quest last night. Managed to solo it after last time's failures. having the Malfeasance helped quite a bit since I was able to find a spot and just needle each of the three bosses down while my super built. Now I just need to hit up LFG for people wanting to do the tokens part of Shattered Throne. I was hoping to run into someone this morning, but by the time I found them it was lunch time, and I would rather eat now than wait 2 hrs.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I did the Prove Your Worth quest last night. Managed to solo it after last time's failures. having the Malfeasance helped quite a bit since I was able to find a spot and just needle each of the three bosses down while my super built. Now I just need to hit up LFG for people wanting to do the tokens part of Shattered Throne. I was hoping to run into someone this morning, but by the time I found them it was lunch time, and I would rather eat now than wait 2 hrs.

The tokens dealie is very time consuming.  Here's hoping you get that done before the reset.

I won't be on much this weekend as my boo the social director is planning my birthday events, which means I will have lots of fun not doing anything I would normally do on my birthday.

I'm going to have to wait until Monday to go and see Overlord because my boo does not do horror movies.

I am not sure how many cat statues I have left to find. I suppose I'll know when or if I turn in a bowl and get an emblem or something.

I finally masterworked the Fighting Lion while finishing up the Weekly Strike challenge.  I put it in my vault and got Borealis out so that I can try to get in some sniper kills towards the Long Range triumph for Gambit.  I've got the Scout Rifle kills in and am starting to chip away at the Combat Bow Kills.

I'm also nearly done with the Fusionist triumph.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The tokens dealie is very time consuming.  Here's hoping you get that done before the reset.

Funny enough I am now the proud owner of a Wish-Ender. I actually just finished the tokens mission around ten minutes ago. It is the fastest I have ever done the Shattered Throne mission. The trick is to go with tag least one person who knows what the hell they are doing. As long they do they can make it a far faster process than going in blind. Doesn't hurt to check out a video about the tokens (watched Datto's this morning for a refresher).

• Like 1

So Season 4 ends on the 27th. Any quest step that involves Valor/Glory/etc. resets will have the reset progress set back if still at that step. Everything else from the quest should stick.

Now I'm off to do what RIPPA said about egg hunting.

One thing Ive been noticing in Crucible when I play is that for sometimes the game has a delay on acknowledging my damage to enemies. I seem to be fine in Gambit with invaders so it seems to be purely a Crucible issue. It pisses me off since I can't even tell how many times I've been killed because the game took forever to acknowledge that I actually killed a damn enemy already.

I finally got a Trust to drop for me and at 600 so I am not complaining.

The only thing I need is a helmet and I will officially be at 600 on my Titan.

OH! Also FINALLY won a Gambit match with Vex. Didn't realize how skewed my play throughs had been until the achievement popped and I looked at the stats.

I think I have at least 5 wins against all other types

You will get a masterworked Trust with explosive payload if you manage to reset your Infamy in Gambit once.

I reset my Infamy a second time and got a masterworked Bad Omens. Its amusing since just like Trust I actually found a version that was damn near the same thing, but the masterworked stat was preferable. An now I need never ouch Gambit again.....until Season 5 though I bet I end up doing it anyways just because.

13 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Eh.  There are a lot of assholes out there who paid "professional gamers" to get those weapons for them, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this were Bungie checking accounts for log-in anomalies and snatching content to dissuade that sort of behavior. 

It happened in EverQuest, WoW, and just about every other MMO you can imagine, so it was only a matter of time before it showed up in Destiny now that there are so many mega-weapon quests designed for hardcore players. 

A casual player is probably not going to get five Valor rollovers in one season, much less have the patience or skill to deal with Competitive play, so if he really wanted the Broadsword and he had some cash to burn he's going to eBay a gaming merc to do the work for him.

Hell, people who don't want to deal with the platforming pay for Whisper carries, so certainly there will be a similar niche market for the grindy Crucible weapon quests.  

I'd send Mis a few dollars to do the Whisper for me if I didn't think that half of my Vault would be evaporated when I logged back on. :D

Unless the pay for play somehow violates the EULA, I don't think that Bungie should be telling players what to do with their accounts unless the shit is illegal, but OTOH there are way too many people out there running around with Broadswords and Luna's for me to believe that they all earned them on their own time.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

.An now I need never ouch Gambit again.....until Season 5 though I bet I end up doing it anyways just because.

Bah.  I'm going for that third Infamy rollover in one season so I can get that final upgrade for my Gambit emblem, but I'm only at Brave III right now.  Probably won't make it unless there is another Bonus Infamy event before the 27th.

I finished up the Heroic Adventure Weekly Challenge (RIP Trickster) this morning before *groan* coming into work on what should be a paid holiday for me, but we've got some international units involved from countries that celebrate their armed forces peeps on a different day and as they say, "The enemy does not give a shit about the holidays you celebrate,"  so it's game on.

I'm going to attempt to knock out the Ascendant Challenge when I get home from work and I must've done the last Corsair Down badge available because now I have a quest entitled Vengeance in my queue which feels like a culmination quest. 

I need to google that shit to see what I need to do.

I've got three days and some change left to complete it, so I am going to smoke it after I do the AC since one of the rewards is a Tincture.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bah.  I'm going for that third Infamy rollover in one season so I can get that final upgrade for my Gambit emblem, but I'm only at Brave III right now.  Probably won't make it unless there is another Bonus Infamy event before the 27th.

Yeah I don't love Gambit enough to take the time to try for a third reset. I have to admit though if we got another bonus week I might try just because. Right now I just hope to reset my Valor again with IB coming tomorrow.

They are doing a Gambit free trial next weekend so they announced that it will also be a Double Infamy weekend too. Actually it is a little unclear if it is automatic or if you have to specifically select it since the phrasing is "Double Infamy will also be available in the Gambit playlist"

Also - not surprisingly - this is the last IB of the season.

4 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

Why on earth would I delete your vault stuff though, what have I done to be untrustworthy?

Mis has disregarded the smiley emote at the end of my comment and he took my joke seriously.

I am sad. :(

• Like 1

The lost cryptarch concludes this week.

The reward is

Spoiler

Thunderlord

I can't remember if that was known or not so that is why I put it in spoilers

And people might be giddy about where the mission takes place

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The lost cryptarch concludes this week.

The reward is

Reveal hidden contents

Thunderlord

I can't remember if that was known or not so that is why I put it in spoilers

And people might be giddy about where the mission takes place

Both location and reward were spoiled a while back. There is hint of a posible secret in said location before you leave though I'm not sure anyone has found it yet. So far its just been scanable locations in the first area after you serve up vengeance.

Last night was pretty good overall.

• Got mercied in my first IB match.  Needed to find something else to do in the game before the urge to rage quit consumed me.  Remembered about the Ives revenge dealie.
  • Finished the murder mystery mission and unlocked the Thunderlord.  Was a bit sad because I already knew what the reward was.  I really should stop reading Datto's blog because his data miner homie spoils everything.  
  • Reddit says that there are at least four or five scannables in the Cosmodrome during the Thunderlord mission, but I only found two (skeletons in a vehicle near a bus stop and the spot where Ghost first revived me).  As far as I can tell, there don't appear any triumph associated with the scannables, Thank God, because there appears to be a bug in the quest.  Some PC and XB1 players have reported that some areas are not scannable after you beat the final boss.  Since the quarantine on Old Russia is supposed to be lifted in Season 5, I imagine we'll get a second crack at this.
  • Did Strange Terrain for the 100K and then tried to farm the Osprey.  Made four speed runs.  Nada, but saw how beefy the Thunderlord was in PvE when you are running Arc Singe / Heavyweight.  Good Lord.... 
  • Went on a 7 game match with the DARPA clan in Gambit.  Prime Evils and Envoys just dissolved in no time. Thunderlord is life.

As much as I would love to hit the IB as a 600, getting the Osprey and being one step closer to a Triumph Seal is a little more important to me.  I'm going to hit up LFG for some Nightfall farmers after work today and party until I drop. 

If I manage to get the Osprey, I may switch gears and try to farm the Marshall Law hand cannon from Warden of Nothing or hit the Banner.  Since my Nightfall score is barely over six, I think I will try to buff that up to at least ten before Season 5 and get that Nameless Midnight that Zavala is selling before time runs out.