DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

It's a fucking chore this morning finishing this mask off

Because the game has decided to have... issues... even just clearing branch 5 has been more work than it should.

It would be nice if guys would stop getting booted out of matches.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's a fucking chore this morning finishing this mask off

Because the game has decided to have... issues... even just clearing branch 5 has been more work than it should.

It would be nice if guys would stop getting booted out of matches.

The Forest has been glitching a lot lately.  Your best bet is to keep pushing ahead and only concern yourself with picking up heavy ammo drops.  Chain your Supers as best you can to clear adds and save time, but try to save a Super to dump on the Nightmare boss.

Some engrams will get stuck in mid air and sometimes won't register if you try to pick them up.  Let the postmaster keep all of your gumdrops until you are done.

Also watch the pathing when Blackout is up.  The game likes to lead you around in a circle so don't trust waypoints.  Keep an eye out for all exits.

Oh and one more thing.  The Undefeatable Nightmare cannot get to you if you are on top of a pillar or some other structure, so find some high ground real estate when he is close to you if he is camping your team while you are trying to kill Daemons.. 

Be mindful that other forest enemies will still be able to jump where you are, though.

It's the glitchy part that is/was causing the problems. So all the strategy in the world can't help when you are stuck in a wall.

But no matter - I have to do one more pass (well kill 4 more nightmares to be exact) and then I will be done with this nonsense.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's the glitchy part that is/was causing the problems. So all the strategy in the world can't help when you are stuck in a wall.

But no matter - I have to do one more pass (well kill 4 more nightmares to be exact) and then I will be done with this nonsense.

I am going to try to cut out an hour or two before lunch (liberal leave for voting.... even though I early voted two weeks ago..) so that I can attempt to get in some more Bonus Infamy Gambit in before the Hard Reset..

Yeah - I got two levels last night in Gambit I might see if I can get a third this morning.

I am taking a break now since I finished the Haunted Forest.

I will see how I feel after I get back from voting

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I got two levels last night in Gambit I might see if I can get a third this morning.

If I cam get to the crib around noon-ish, I want to try to get at least to Heroic I.

Flashpoint is in the Tangled Shore this week.  Time to struggle getting this done in spite of douchebags who have no idea how to get the events Heroic or don't care about getting them Heroic.

At least, I'll be able to put a dent in the triumph for completing the Ether Ritual PE a kajillion times.  I haven't been to the Tangled Shore for anything more than buying something from from Spider since the last time there was a Flashpoint there.

Speaking of Spider, the fat fuck still isn't selling the bounty for the Drained Captain, but at least he switched up the big bounty for the week.  I don't ever recall him selling the bounty for the Arcadian Chord before.

• Like 1

The last 24 hours or so has been my best run of Gambit ever. I won more matches this day than probably the entirety of last week. I think I won around 10-12 matches. I stopped at Mythic III rank so I'm pretty close to a second reset which I should finish up in the next week or two. I finished up the Malfeasance quest steps (I just need to speak to Drifter). Finishing that might have been my best moment in all of Gambit. In the last game I did before the reset I managed to take out 4 people in one invasion after being on verge of giving that up and heading to LFG. Its also my best showing ever in a Gambit taking out 100+ enemies, depositing 100+ motes, and killing 11 guardians. I will never have a showing like that again so I've just been basking in the moment for the last couple of hours.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Which reminds me.  I still haven't killed enough critters to finish masterworking the Fighting Lion..  On retrospect, I think I'd have rather gotten the ornament for the Fighting Lion for running the Festival triumph table instead of the Uldren Sov mask.

You should have used it in Gambit. I found it useful for crowd clearing. It and Bygones made a decent combo.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Speaking of Spider, the fat fuck still isn't selling the bounty for the Drained Captain, but at least he switched up the big bounty for the week.  I don't ever recall him selling the bounty for the Arcadian Chord before.

I've beaten the Drained Captain before. Are bounties not the same for everyone or did you just miss the week it was up? I know m white whale with Spider is Thyrdron.

Well fuck.  In the course of working on the murder mystery, the trail led to the Lost Sector where the Drained Captain was.  I smoked him and got credit for the Charlie Lost Sectors triumph. 

Now I have to finish up Heroic Story Missions on Titan and Io and then *sigh* farm Strange Terrain for the Braytech and I will have my Wayfarer triumph seal.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Eivion said:

I've beaten the Drained Captain before. Are bounties not the same for everyone or did you just miss the week it was up? I know m white whale with Spider is Thyrdron.

I probably just missed it the week it was up, but I've checked for five weeks now and still nada.

It figures that now that there is no Bonus Infamy, I'd be riding a six game win streak in Gambit.  A couple of them were shut-outs and one or two were come from behind wins where I got dropped in a game where someone else left. 

I started today off with a loss after we went a man down in Round Two and never got a replacement.  It wasn't all bad because my new favorite moment in the game was the Drifter marking out after I got an Army of One medal when I invaded in the Third Round and wiped the other team during their Prime Evil fight (THEY SAID THEY WANTED TO FIGHT 'CHA~!  THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID, RIGHT~??? ) so that my squad MIGHT have enough time to at least summon our Prime Evil... which we did.

Queenbreaker and Blade Barrage FTW.  A few more kills and I'll be done with the Fusionist triumph in the Gambit combatants tree.  I got my regular FR kills with Merciless, so now I am working on the Precision FR part with the Queenbreaker.

My infamy is halfway through Brave III, so here's hoping I stay on track to get a third reset before the end of this season.

I also got a fully masterworked Vouchsafe (Zen Moment / Dragonfly) after turning in my Offering for the week.  Make sure you do it soon because Mara is holding court.  I came into her throne room as she was finishing a conversation with an Emissary of the Nine.  Strange times are here..

Dylan is having internet issues, so we may not get to the Shattered Throne until Sunday at the earliest.  I'm almost done with my Weekly shit, including the Nightfall (FINALLY got a 100K+ score on Tree of Probabilities), so I may get some LFG help to get me through the 580 Corrupted strike tomorrow morning and then grind the rest of the Malfeasance quest tomorrow before I head into work for swing shift.

At some point tomorrow, I also need to remember to hunt down the Arcadian Chord for The Spider.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am up to 598. I need to remember to do Dreaming City because I think the Queen is holding court (I could have miscounted)

Rippa hates my post that is right above his..

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I also got a fully masterworked Vouchsafe (Zen Moment / Dragonfly) after turning in my Offering for the week.  Make sure you do it soon because Mara is holding court.  I came into her throne room as she was finishing a conversation with an Emissary of the Nine.  Strange times are here..

I'm digging the Malfeasance so far. It has a good rate of fire and stability to go along with a solid reload speed. It is also one of my favorite Hand cannon designs. I'm not sure I will change it even if I get the ornament for it. Will be interesting when we finally get masterworks for Forsaken weapons. I'm really curious what they up with it and Ace of Spades.

• Like 1

Datto posted an update on his channel commenting that he thought Destiny was in a really good place. What was interesting was he said he posted a video about 10 months ago (I missed that one) but basically he hated the game and thought he was going to have to figure out a new career.

But the other point of it that amused me was he said probably was going to do on the channel was Anthem so I was like "Dammit - I just convinced myself to not play it"

Anthem can kiss my ass.

It would take awesome reviews, a shit ton of freebies, and perhaps even a written apology for shitting on both Mass Effect AND Jade Empire for me to even consider playing that fucking game.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love my Queen

FINALLY got a third seed of light

I'm pretty sure I have said here before that the third seed comes from the Queen. Did you grind Blind Well looking for a third seed that would never come?