DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So I assume then that you are totally soloing the Ascendant Challenge as well? To be fair that one is oddly enough far easier with the giant sword you get to use.

If I get a spare Tincture, I will solo it.  So far I have only got one and I need it for the Purification Ritual quest.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If I get a spare Tincture, I will solo it.  So far I have only got one and I need it for the Purification Ritual quest.

Do you not know abut the skull merchants? One of them sells tinctures. They are even around the same area as this week's Ascendant Challenge. Actually the one you want to find also has an Ascendant chest next him this week as well.

42 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Do you not know abut the skull merchants? One of them sells tinctures. They are even around the same area as this week's Ascendant Challenge. Actually the one you want to find also has an Ascendant chest next him this week as well.

Yeah, I know about Huginn and Muninn.  I marked at the Norse Mythology reference.

My problem is that I am a bit of a packrat when it comes to infusion materials and I am loathe to use Baryon Boughs for anything other than keeping my Ace of Spades up to snuff since it costs 25 boughs per infusion.

I don't have problems coming up with Tinctures on the fly from PEs in the Dreaming City so long as the people helping out don't go retarded and kill the event before it goes Heroic.

I always try to have one Tincture on me at all times.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Got my Chaperone today and boy does it suck.

Color me surprised.   Most tryhards I've run up against lately have one and the weapon doesn't have a problem tearing my head off.

It is a slug thrower, not a spreader, so you are aiming for the cranium when you use it, right?

I will probably hate my Chaperone when I finally get it, but I will keep it since it is one of the few Tex Mechanica weapons left in Destiny and I LOVE the Huckleberry now that it is Masterworked and gives a full reload from reserves if you score a kill... and it has Rampage.

I now have a weapon with a respectable TTK that I can keep firing without a mag slide so long as I kill what I am shooting at and I get a Damage Modifier that stacks up to x3 as I score kills. The SMG buff from my Foetracer helmet and the Traction and SMG Scavenger perk on my Prodigal Boots has added nearly gamebreaking gear synergy.

I have used it to great effectiveness in the Crucible lately and both Trust and the Vestian Dynasty are both serving as very complimentary clean up weapons. 

My playstyle has gone from Jade Rabbit extreme range baby sniping to Huckleberry all up in your grill.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I normally don’t care about this but these Crucible quests are destroying my K/D.

ONE OF US~!  ONE OF US~!

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I know about Huginn and Muninn.  I marked at the Norse Mythology reference.

My problem is that I am a bit of a packrat when it comes to infusion materials and I am loathe to use Baryon Boughs for anything other than keeping my Ace of Spades up to snuff since it costs 25 boughs per infusion.

I don't have problems coming up with Tinctures on the fly from PEs in the Dreaming City so long as the people helping out don't go retarded and kill the event before it goes Heroic.

I always try to have one Tincture on me at all times.

Honestly, I have so many Baryon Boughs that its nice to have something else to use them on. Those things are damn near everywhere in the Dreaming City. Far too many people I run into have no idea how turn public events heroic outside of the Taken. The ether one is just hard to pull off with any regularity.

I actually watched a couple of Datto videos this morning about the Dreaming City so I could start to learn things that I thought I would figure out by now.

Yeah - the PE that requires to shoot every single bubble seems like it is virtually impossible.

I didn't even know there were fucking worms that you could shoot.

I did do my first Corsair Down so I feel good about that. Now I just need to find another cat

I didn't realize Zavala hated me now until I turned into Making an Impact and it was all "Zavala rarely likes people after you break his trust but keep trying" and I was like "HEY! He just said he was disappointed not that I was scum of the Earth!

But yeah - finally got a full Vanguard set.

Now I just need to complete my  Gambit set

I should clarify that the Chaperone is a terrible PvE weapon. I can't judge about PvP since I haven't tried it yet.

I am still plugging along with Crimson trying to get precision kills.

Besides having to totally change my playstyle the biggest challenge I am having is fuckers stealing my kills

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

. Far too many people I run into have no idea how turn public events heroic outside of the Taken. The ether one is just hard to pull off with any regularity.

Public Event Heroic Triggers.  Learn 'em.

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Apparently the Malfeasance boss will become even rarer when the Dreaming City isn't on its third week, most corrupted phase. JT, really lucked out on that one.

Yeah.  It's the best week to get the Wish-Ender and the worst one to go for Malfeasance.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I should clarify that the Chaperone is a terrible PvE weapon. I can't judge about PvP since I haven't tried it yet.

Y1 Chappy was a horrible PvE weapon.  I didn't expect this one to be much better in Open World, but it still wrecks in the Crucible.

Oh the heroic PE event issue isn't a me issue. I knew most of them before Forsaken and took the time to find out about the rest when I hit the Dreaming City. I think the only one I didn't know abut was the Gate Lord on Mercury. The issue is other players either not knowing or not giving a fuck. I mean you would think some of this stuff would be blatantly obvious to them like everyone but them shooting at the nodes during glimmer extractions, people picking up the damn arc charges when the tank is down, or hey look at those people on plates during Vex PE.

I hit up LFG to find a partner for the Gravetide Summoner. 

I got a 520 Warlock that wanted to do the bounty, so I may as well have soloed it because he wasn't much help.  At least I was able to get my Prodigal chest armor past 550 LL with the ugly reward Scatterhorn Armor chest piece..

There were mostly lowbies doing Tier I in the Blind Well today.  No one in the zone was ready for Tier IV, much less Tier III.

I'll have to get really lucky if I want to knock out this Purification Ritual quest.

I kinda sucked in the Crucible this afternoon, but I was able to get the new PvP bounties done and the Colony catalyst dropped for me, so it's time to grind that damn thing to Masterwork status... 

I'll try to get some Gambit done when I get home from work, provided that I am not ready to pass out when I get there.

Otherwise I'll knock out Gambit bounties in the morning.  Hopefully I will crack the code on the Fan of Knives medal tomorrow.  I have hit my BB super while surrounded by a bajillion Gambit enemies five or six times and still haven't hit enough in one shot to get the medal.

I hate doing that because I'd rather save Blade Barrage for Invasions, High Priority Targets, or the Prime Evil fight.

I messed around in Trostland sniping Cabal and Fallen with Borealis during the Enemies Moving Against Each Other spots.  Not only did I masterwork Boralis, but I finished grinding Way of the Current.   Wow, that fucking sliding uppercut Special Melee (Tempest Strike?) is no fucking joke!  I got enough multikills with that move to get yet another Hunter Triumph done.

It's going to take forever for me to get the one for the Precision TK kills done...

58 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I got a 520 Warlock that wanted to do the bounty, so I may as well have soloed it because he wasn't much help.  At least I was able to get my Prodigal chest armor past 550 LL with the ugly reward Scatterhorn Armor chest piece..

Were they terrible or too low a level?

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Were they terrible or too low a level?

Both.  He ran a Dawnblade and the Ogre and the Summoner kept shooting him out of the sky every time he used his super.

I was hoping he'd switch to Stormcaller and get rid of the ash and trash so that I could focus on the Ogre, but I pretty much had to do everything myself including crowd control..

Almost forgot.  I got the chest piece of the Icarus Drifter aka the PS4 Exclusive armor that I believe Sony players have had since S1.  I found it in a loot chest on Io. 

It had zero perks.

Why give Xbox players something that is already obsolete?  The only thing the armor is good for is making shards.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Almost forgot.  I got the chest piece of the Icarus Drifter aka the PS4 Exclusive armor that I believe Sony players have had since S1.  I found it in a loot chest on Io. 

It had zero perks.

Why give Xbox players something that is already obsolete?  The only thing the armor is good for is making shards.

I had no idea that was a PS4 exclusive. I don't think I ever used it since I didn't care for the look that much.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I want to never fucking use a hand cannon in the Crucible again

This amuse me since before JT suggested Crimson I was kind of annoyed at hand cannons (my main weapon) not being worth a crap in Crucible. Now I just switch to Crimson. I don't think I ever got the kinetic kills or precision kills bounties until using it.