DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Did a decent amount of IB today to continue Cayde's Will. Today's outing was much better. I actually won one or two games, knocked out another weekly bounty, and finished up that part of Cayde's Will. Only one game sucked badly and that was because I got thrown into a match already going with less than 4 people until late in. It was too late to play any sort of catch up there.

I went ahead and finished up the rest of Cayde's Will so I have the Ace of Spades now. That was a lovely mission and epilogue. It would have only been better with Nathan Fillion's voice.

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reached the Dreaming City - have no fucking clue what I am doing. Definitely underleveled. Granted I think a lot of this stuff isn't designed to be soloed.

It depends on what you're doing there. Blind Well and Ascendant Challenges aren't meant to be done alone. After your LL gets 520 or so most of the regular Dreaming City isn't too bad though its still not easy as the other worlds.

I managed to knock out all of the IB bounties sans the orbs one. I'm halfway through it, but leaving it alone since it won.t give me powerful gear and is a pain in the ass. With Ace of Spades gotten and most other power gaining methods used, I'm currently at 547 LL.

I blundered into a group doing the Blind Well. We ran it twice.

The 2nd one becoming heroic and I was utterly useless since I couldn't damage anything. I just ran around reviving dudes.

I am in the mid-520s if I use my best gear

I did the first step in Amanda's Crucible quest. Did also about 60% of the arc kills on the second step. The Void ones will be a bitch.

One or two more Gambit matches should finish that step in the Ace of Spades quest

Oh yeah, you need be staying the hell away from the Heroic Blind Well. That is for people who have done the Last Wish raid already. Even at my LL I'm probably 15 away from being able to handle it.

I'm debating whether or not to do Amanda's Crucible quest. In truth I don't really give a shit about shotguns. My play style is generally stay the fuck away from enemies and players unless I have a sword. It why I love masterworked Crimson and bows so much. Sniper Rifles would be here to, but bows have taken their place for the most part in my inventory.

Oh, I found the ornament for the Wish-Ender Bow. If only the damn thing was actually available yet.

I used Lord of Wolves and it went fairly quickly since LoW has a long enough range that I could stay out of the way of other shotguns and swords.

What worries about step two is that is one of those "defeats will lose progress" type deals

And I just looked at step three is one of those kill Guardians in Gambit ones. Oh that is gonna be irritating

• Attempted to solo Ascendant Challenge this morning.  530 LL is definitely too underleveled for that shit.  I'll try to do another one once I am at the recommended 550 LL.
  • Yesterday's Heroic Daily Mission version of the Mad Bomber can bite my ass.  Standing your ground to diffuse mines while being zerg rushed by Ravagers <> fun.
  • Loitered around the Blind Well earlier today.  Had no idea what I was doing.  Just went with the flow.  Got a Seed of Light after about five or six runs and am now working on Way of the Wraith abilities.  Spectral Blades is nowhere near as fun to use in the Crucible as Blade Barrage, but it makes me feel like an Arcblade again so that is what I will run with rather than the Void Bow when it comes time to get some PvP wins as a Nightstalker.  I know I will break out the Void Bow a few times every now and then because I am still missing the medal for getting a kill with a Void Bow from more than 30 meters out.
  • I played zero Gambit matches over the weekend.  Focused mostly on the Iron Banner.  I have about 100 or so more kills to get in the Crucible with the Jade Rabbit before the catalyst is Masterworked.  The matches have gotten much sweatier since Double Valor went into effect on Friday.  I usually finish around the middle of my group win or lose.  My overall ER is up to 1.6.
  • I still have about 15 or so more Orbs of Light to generate to knock out my last IB bounty.  I'll get that done before Reset.
  • Still nada on getting a decent enough shotgun to start grinding the Chaperone quest, but I am halfway through the Double Kills part of Redrix's Broadsword.  I can almost get DKs in my sleep with Blade Barrage.
  • Merciless catalyst is at sixty-ish percent.  Once it's done, it goes in the Vault and I start working on the Prometheus Lens catalyst.
  • I finally have a full set of Gambit weapons, so I will try to eke out a win and get that Dark Age Arsenal triumph once I am done grinding IB stuff.  Sadly, I will not be running with a Hazard of the Cast or Bygones as one of my Gambit weapons because RNG hates me..

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  • Attempted to solo Ascendant Challenge this morning.  Definitely too underleveled for that shit.  I'll try to do another one once I am at the recommended 550 LL.
  • Yesterday's Heroic Daily Mission version of the Mad Bomber can bite my ass.  Standing your ground to diffuse mines while being zerg rushed by Ravagers <> fun.

Just do the challenge with your clanmates or someone from here like RIPPA or Mis. The challenges change each week and aren't meant to be soloed in the first place. Don't bother waiting for the recommended LL. I've done two so far with reddit randoms. I actually 2 manned last week's challenge.

Interesting, the Daily Heroic for me was the Rider. I guess it isn't the same for everybody. I find using Sunshot for the Scorn to fairly effective.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Just do the challenge with your clanmates or someone from here like RIPPA or Mis. The challenges change each week and aren't meant to be soloed in the first place. Don't bother waiting for the recommended LL.

I've done two so far with reddit randoms. I actually 2 manned last week's challenge.

Something told me I shoulda put out some feelers on LFG.

I'll probably wait until the recommended LL anyway before I start doing those on the regular because I was getting one shot by the Taken Vandals while making vain attempts to do the jumping puzzle.  

I have a feeling that the Ascendant Challenges won't be as rage inducing if I have power parity with the shit that is trying to kill me.

That just gives me more time to play Gambit and try to fill in the blanks of my lore books.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What worries about step two is that is one of those "defeats will lose progress" type deals.

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

Losing progress on defeats definitely kills that quest for me.

You two are sad people.

Why don't you just work on one element at a time?

If you start off as a Solar subclass, use a Solar Energy Weapon, and a Solar Power Weapon so that you are constantly racking up Solar kills with your abilities and your arsenal.

Even if you die, you will offset the penalty because nearly all of your kills will be element related. unless you just suck at PvP and finish a match with a .53 or something.

One you are at 100% Solar kills complete, rinse and repeat with Arc Subclass & the corresponding Energy / Power Weapons, and then do the same for Void.

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

To be fair that was just the final straw. Really I just have very little interest in Shotguns.

I will most likely suffer through this just to see if the D2 Chaperone is better than the D1 version.

Hunters have traditionally done well with shotguns thanks to our high Mobility score. 

I used to be quite the PvP asshole back in the day when Arcblades had a class perk that gave them increased sprint speed and sliding distance. I got really good at slipping under enemy player targeting and then blasting away with my Party Crasher.

I've been practicing my sliding when using my SMG, but the timing isn't quite there yet.

You act like that’s what I wasn’t doing.

Arc is already done.

I am moving onto Solar though I have some progress in Void since I am also trying to get Pulse Rifle kills at the same time

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - it’s been a long time since someone told me to kill myself because I was kicking their ass so bad in crucible

Thats the good stuff

If someone took the time to single you out for a Hate PM, you obviously did something right.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The best was they were doing it mid match so I was like maybe if you spent less time texting you wouldn’t be getting your ass kicked

I got a hate PM last Thursday from a 486 LL guy who kept losing head to head gunfights with me.  Note that I was 523 LL at the time.

He accused me of lag cheating.

Clearly this player has never been in a safeties off Iron Banner tournament before.

Haven't done those arc chests yet. There should be one in each of the three main areas of the Dreaming City. Only found one cat so far and that is because of a video I happened to be watching from beforehand so I knew where it was.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I got a hate PM last Thursday from a 486 LL guy who kept losing head to head gunfights with me.  Note that I was 523 LL at the time.

He accused me of lag cheating.

Clearly this player has never been in a safeties off Iron Banner tournament before.

Yeah I felt sorry for the low level players who joined the last IB I was in. I was like 538-541, and the poor bastards couldn't do shit if they got too close to me. One or two melees and they were down. I even jumped meleed one of them.

• Well, fuck.  Tried to help out a clan homie finish his IB bounties before reset and played four of the worst matches of my life.  Lifetime ER plummeted from 1.61 to 1.59.  My clan mate went on a tear, though.  At least someone did well.  I will come roaring back when I knock out the Weekly Crucible stuff.  It's weird how I seem to have better matches on my own than I do when I am in a fireteam with a clan mate or a homie like Rippa. Maybe I am trying too hard to be a good blueberry when I'm rolling with friends?
  • On the positive PvP side, I am more than halfway through the Double Kill part of Redrix's Broadsword AND I reset my Valor today!  I also unlocked the triumph for Zone Captures during the IB!
  • I also unlocked the SMG Mastery triumph.  Time to see what I can do with a sidearm in my EW slot or *crosses fingers* MAYBE a Badlander with decent perks will fall in my lap..
  • Speaking of shotguns,  A Dust Rock Blues shotty dropped for me today while I was on my way to see The Spider. It had the best perks for a slug thrower shotgun!  Too bad that Dust Rock Blues isn't a slug thrower shotgun.  I shredded it and got a MW Core in addition to the Legendary Shards, so that made me happy.
  • I am at 180 of 250 PvP kills needed to finish the catalyst for the Jade Rabbit.  I am so ready to be done with this fucking thing.
  • Merciless catalyst is at 85% complete.  When I am out and about, this fucking fusion rifle is going with me wherever I go until I finish this bullshit and can get to work on the Huckleberry and the Prometheus Lens.
  • All done leveling up Way of the Wraith.  Time to loiter around the Blind Well and maybe earn another Seed of Light so that I can unlock Way of the Current.  Also time to start rolling as a Nightstalker in PvP to finish up the Hunter All  Around triumph for the Crucible.
  • Played and lost two Gambit matches after the reset. Maybe God is telling me to stop playing extracurricular and go exploring around the Tangled Shore and finish up Uldren's lore book..
  • Hopefully work won't get hectic and I'll have enough energy to do the Flashpoint before I go to bed tonight.  Ideally, I'd also like to knock out Strikes as well. I'll wait until I have a clan mate with be before running Heroic Adventures since completing three Adventures with a clan mate is a Clan Bounty this week.

So the Dreaming City is now filled with large ass Taken portals in the three main sections. The city's air has bits of darkness floating in it. The Hive seem to be gone. This week's mission is 540. I haven't done it yet, but people may want to take a fireteam with them for it. Oh and Petra is now in Rheasilvia.

I found out what to do with the Corsair Badge I found late last week.  

...  Now I've got another one to go look for....

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So the Dreaming City is now filled with large ass Taken portals in the three main sections. The city's air has bits of darkness floating in it. The Hive seem to be gone. This week's mission is 540. I haven't done it yet, but people may want to take a fireteam with them for it. Oh and Petra is now in Rheasilvia.

No one knows for sure how the Dreaming City will change, but there are lots of theories about what drives those changes.  

Popular rumor is that the devs constantly run analytics on raid clears, activity at the Blind Well, bounties, and such and then tweak the zone to make it either more accessible or more difficult as time goes on.  

Not sure if that's true or not, but it will make for interesting times from here on out.

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I found out what to do with the Corsair Badge I found late last week.  

...  Now I've got another one to go look for....

No one knows for sure how the Dreaming City will change, but there are lots of theories about what drives those changes.  

Popular rumor is that the devs constantly run analytics on raid clears, activity at the Blind Well, bounties, and such and then tweak the zone to make it either more accessible or more difficult as time goes on.  

Not sure if that's true or not, but it will make for interesting times from here on out.

I believe there is a Corsair body in each Lost Sector. Don't know where the rest are offhand.

The Dreaming City changes have been explained to some extent by the devs in interviews. I just don't know where said interviews are since I've only heard about them through youtube vids. Apparently someone had to stay in the studio all night waiting to activate the first big changes for when the Last Wish raid was completed. I think the rest are based around the weekly resets right now though I assume there will be at least one more similar to the Last Wish change.