DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

My last Gambit kind of sucked since damn near no one but me was depositing motes. When I have enough in the match results to have called on a damn Primeval myself I know something is wrong. I'm honestly not the best at getting and depositing motes. I tend to focus on taking out enemies and blockers while others usually collect. not sure what the hell these guys were doing. 

Personally, I don't like collecting motes because I don't want to be the guy that drops them.  I prefer to sit in the back of my team with my Outlaw / Rampage Pulse Rifle and clear adds for the Mote Grabbers. 

If I manage to collect enough Motes for a blocker, I tend to elect for quantity over quality and launch Small or Medium Blockers.  That way I am in the practice of regularly checking on our bank to see if we have any Blockers and clearing the area of Taken if our bank is locked. 

I usually only go for Large Blockers if I notice that the other team has a Prime Evil up and we're running behind  Most of the opposing team should be busy trying to damage their PE so it is relatively safe for me to go to maximum carrying capacity and send Large Blockers to the enemy side to keep them occupied.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Used my second seed of light on my solar class. Just finished leveling that up. I expected to be annoyed with it, but it wasn't so bad in PvE or PvP. Solar has usually been the weaker one for me PvP wise.

It won't be anymore.  The new Hunter solar class is fucking beast in PvP.  I have enjoyed using it so far in the IB.. 

The Blade Barrage is rapid cast with nowhere near the wind-up that GG needs to be ready.  It is pretty much the Hunter's version of Nova Bomb or Fist of Havoc.  We finally have a cheap panic Super that we don't really have to aim.. 

If you jump over bunch of dudes and catch members of the opposing team flatfooted while they are capping or going for Heavy, you can take out a bunch of them in one shot if you time your Super correctly.

The new Melee is also nasty if you have rushers coming at you.  I was able to kill two shotgun zergers at once yesterday by throwing my Fan Knives and then double jumping backwards to follow up by giving them both a face full of Swarm Grenade.  The guy that didn't die from my grenade panicked long enough due to the DoT burning proc from my knives for me to finish him off with hip fire from my Vestian Dynasty. 

I'm pretty certain they probably reported me for cheating after that.  Beating a team shoot situation is really rare and I am sure they did not chalk up my survival to skill alone..

You may want to switch your Dodge from the auto-reload to the melee cooldown reduction one if you run 1000 Cuts in the Crucible.  You'll want to be able to have Fan Knives available for use often in PvP.  That will probably mean adjusting your load-out so that you have guns that either reload quickly or have Outlaw on them to compensate for mediocre reload speeds.

• Like 1

I like that the swarm grenades can actually do something now. I managed take out at least one or two people after dying because of them. And those fan knives are great for rushing players and enemies. I got two with the blade barrage as well. Most unfortunately do seem smart enough to not cluster.

33 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I like that the swarm grenades can actually do something now. 

Only if you throw them at a rushing opponent. 

if you toss them too early, the drone still float there annoyingly in the air until someone or something trips their proximity sensor before they burn up.

Rushing opponents are definitely the easiest to get with them, but I got at least one with just decent aim. They also helped my teammates finish off a few. Using them the last day or two in Crucible and IB made for the first time I was able to gain headway with any grenade bounties.

There were some bullshitty IB things last night that for the most part I am going to chalk up to the level advantages being on.

I am roughly between 510-512 LL depending on what I got equipped. Shoulder tackles (unless stealth patched again) are instant kills. 3 different times I hit dudes square in the chest and they didn't die.

The biggest bullshit though was a dude quit out on my team. About 45 seconds later I see him rejoin the match so I figured oh he just had connection issues. Well when he gets back in the match - he gets put on the other side. Grr....

There were no close matches last night. Either my team mercyed the other squad or the opposite happened.

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Keep in mind your LL actually does matter in IB now. Also IB was kind of glitchy last night so I'm not sure that guy actually quit on you.

Yeah - that's why I was saying I am not calling full on bullshit about the dudes not dying on Shoulder Tackles (since a few of them where in the 525 range)

You're lucky. I still have only gotten one Forsaken exotic, and it was the Hunter armor I didn't want. Not that it is terrible, I just wanted the one with a bow mod more. So far all the other exotics tat drop are year one. I did however get another higher level Crimson so that was nice. One thing I like about exotic weapons is that they stayed masterworked if you have done the work for them. So be it a recreation or a random drop, Crimson and Sunshot will always be masterworked for me.

Did a little Gambit and IB to knock out bounties. Didn't fair well in either unfortunately, or sort pf. I actually did remarkably well in IB in terms of getting kills in. My teams just didn't get more than one victory though that was the one where I was only second in kills. I think it was the first time I've gotten a 5x streak. Oddly enough no super was involved. I just lucked out with abilities, Crimson, and some sword kills just icing the opposing team one after the other. And it was all so close together its honestly amazing they didn't kill me sooner than they did.

Knocked out the Blind Well bounty and Queen's offering. Unfortunately I'm now having trouble with that damn Ascendant Challenge. In general I'm not sure fond of these, but this one sucks extra with the passage you have to take to get to the actual fight. I guess my LL is just too low right now so I will have to search for a team again which is not ideal for this challenge with the shitty terrain.

Only have one Baron left to kill - so the Rifleman will get his tonight.

Did remember to do the Hiding in Plain Sight Triumph while doing the Mindbender. Hope I don't fuck up the Rifleman one (usually due to me always having like one bullet in my gun when a boss fight starts)

Shaxx gave me the Chest Piece I needed to have a complete set of armor. It then only took me three matches to get my win.

• I have ground out all but one of the IB bounties.  It will take me a million years to finish the fucking Gemerate Orbs of Light thing.  
  • Way of 1000 Cuts continues to treat me well in the IB.  It sucks that you can completely whiff if you don't time your Blade Barrage well, but that is the peril of running Gunslinger in PvP.  Blade Barrage earned me my first Light's Out medal last night for killing 4 players at once.  Now I know how good Warlocks feel when they catch an entire team flatfooted and hit them with a Nova Bomb.  Way of 1000 Cuts may even cause me to rethink my no participating in Mayhem rule.
  • Deciding to grind my Jade Rabbit Catalyst in the IB was a good idea.  Field Scout Mastery triumph like a mother fucker.
  • I knocked out the Defeat 50 Guardians part of the Season 4: Iron Banner Remembrance triumph in four matches, but I had to play a fifth to completely unlock the triumph.  I had IB armor drop for four straight IB packages and then I said Fuck It and bought the IB boots with Tokens to complete the set so that I could get started at chipping away at the triumph. 
  • The 500-ish IB armor set and my 500 Jade Rabbit brought me down quite a bit,  so I had to equip my 528 LL Vestian Dynasty and 525 Quickfang to get me up it to 511 LL.  Level restrictions are enforced and there are lots of assholes in stacked teams running with Dreaming City armor and weapons.  I needed to be as high LL as I could get while still having the full set of IB armor on.
  • I got the IB Scout Rifle and the IB SMG out of my most recent IB Weekly Bounties.  I'm keeping them both, but I've only taken the SMG back into PvP because I'm having a lot of success with the Jade Rabbit this tournament and am going to continue to grind the catalyst.
  • It figures.  I tried really hard to get a Sub Machinist medal by using the IB SMG and got nada and what happens instead?  I picked up a fallen purple brick and started ambushing dudes with Quickfang and got a Regent medal on the first try.  Damn.  Now I gotta start trying harder to get PvP sword kills.
  • I am dumb. I did not notice that the old sniper alley map from D1 is now in D2.  Suits me just fine since I am sporting the Jade Rabbit as my go to primary for the tournament.
  • Took a brief break from the IB to play some Gambit and now I am THIS close to going up another Infamy level.  I have two Gambit weapons now: the kinetic SMG and the energy Scout Rfile.  I need a Gambit power weapon and a win while I have those weapons equipped if I want to to unlock another Triumph.  That will be hard because My Boss Spec Play Of The Game is my go to Prime Evil killer.
  • I am also a smidge away from another Valor rank level.  Yet another IB tournament boon.
  • MY LIFETIME PVP ER IS UP TO 1.58~!  FUCK YEAH~!
  • I still do not have a decent shotgun that I can use to start grinding the Chaperone quest.
  • My Warcliff Coil Catalyst is 98% complete.  I will be glad when it is done because I still have Merciless and the Huckleberry waiting in the wings and I have to specifically grind the Jade Rabbit in the Crucible.
  • Players using the new Exotic Combat Bow and the new Exotic Sniper Rifle in the Crucible can eat a bag of dicks.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hope I don't fuck up the Rifleman one (usually due to me always having like one bullet in my gun when a boss fight starts)

1. Shoot decoy.

2. DO NOT RELOAD.

3. Repeat until Triumph pops.  I think there are five decoys to shoot.

3. if you think you fucked up, just restart the mission.  The end part is only one zone over from where you start, so it's not like you're going to lose a lot of time by starting over.

It should go without saying, but don't use a Combat Bow.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Why yes I will take Lord of Wolves as a random drop thank you very much.

I fucking hated the Queenbreaker Bow and the LoW when I got them in D1. I hope they made some improvements to make those guns worth having this time around.

OH! Forgot to mention

Totally didn't realize Convergence was getting added back into the mix.

God was that a mind fuck last night. Totally forgot the lay out of that map for almost the entire match.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Totally didn't realize Convergence was getting added back into the mix.

God was that a mind fuck last night. Totally forgot the lay out of that map for almost the entire match.

Same here.  I hated that map in D1 because of sniper rifle quickscoping bullshit, but now things are balanced better and I also own a Jade Rabbit that shreds at long range. 

I love chaining body shots and then putting a round in some assholes brain while he's still trying to sight me down with his Combat Bow.

Only a few people really know the layout of that map.  Most D1 players rarely strayed further than the killbox in the center where Flag B was.  They just sniped from one side of the map to the other.

Also, I am dumb for not recognizing that the Gambit scout rifle and the IB scout rifle both look almost exactly like the DMR from HALO.  

I saw that Big Fre... er... He Who Must Not Be Named... was playing Gambit on Monday.  I would've asked to see if he wanted any help, but I expect him to quit playing any day now.

36 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I saw that Big Fre... er... He Who Must Not Be Named... was playing Gambit on Monday.  I would've asked to see if he wanted any help, but I expect him to quit playing any day now.

I have seen him playing the last few days.

I wonder if he still has any of us on his Friend's List

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have seen him playing the last few days.

I wonder if he still has any of us on his Friend's List

I think he signed up with one of the big box clans.  I felt badly when he ran solo for about two weeks and I thought about asking him to hang out with me during DARPA stuff, but then I remembered that his life expectancy with video games rivals most adult mayflies.

Hell has frozen over. I finally got enough kills in Invader hand cannon kills to move on in Cayde's Will quest. It was surprising since I didn't realize I got in more than one kill (I had 3 left). The strikes should easy since I use the Sunshot for enemies. And having done IB and Crucible so much now I'm not worried there about precision shots with Crimson. I'm still probably a good week or two away from finishing the quest, but its great to finally be past this step.

Beat the Rifleman last night - got the extra Triumph. Only real challenge I had was a public event spawned as I was tracking the decoy so it was dodging around the extra enemies to make sure I didn't have to reload.

Also beat the Machinist.

So today's goal will be finishing.

Figure I am gonna have to grind the Crucible and IB this weekend to catch up there

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Hell has frozen over. I finally got enough kills in Invader hand cannon kills to move on in Cayde's Will quest. It was surprising since I didn't realize I got in more than one kill (I had 3 left). The strikes should easy since I use the Sunshot for enemies. And having done IB and Crucible so much now I'm not worried there about precision shots with Crimson. I'm still probably a good week or two away from finishing the quest, but its great to finally be past this step.

About that...

The Ace of Spades quest no longer requires defeating enemy invaders in Gambit but can now instead be completed by defeating either combatants or enemy invaders with Hand Cannons in Gambit matches

That was in the last hot fix

• Sad 1

Yeah, I heard about just before I went to sleep. That kind of pisses me off just a pinch since I really did get the kills I had needed before the change. I feel kind of cheated.

Oh and the change they did for the 3 weekly bounties in the Dreaming City to 2 I think fucked me out of the powerful gear this week since I had already done 2 before it.

I had my worst run of IB/Crucible ever. I had no wins today. My teams just sucked and could not work together to save their lives outside of one or two of the random teams I had. I at least knocked out one of the IB bounties so there is that saving grace.

Beat the Forsaken campaign last night 

Still way behind on Crucible/IB and now add Gambit into the mix

Knocking out my strikes this morning since I’ve been ignoring them and I have to hit some Lost Sectors

Almost overwhelmed again

• Like 2