DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Well some folks kept certain items to make sure they had the elemental burn they wanted.

So like if someone wanted to make sure their Uriel's Gift was Solar - that was how you could prep.

But yeah - I stopped Masterworking stuff when they showed the change in the system so I could start stocking up.

I wasn't super attached to any particular element so I was fine letting stuff die. I only kept my old damaged gun & armor along with the two masterworked exotic handguns I have (Crimson & Sunshot). I stopped masterworking weapons and armor before the change. I was just stupid trying to infuse shit when Forsaken started instead of waiting until I hit lv50.

I infused one thing and then saw the cost now and was like "Yup - I will just wait for new shit to drop"

Having not played in 48 hours - I am assuming everyone is 200 levels above me now

I am close to the soft cap of 500 LL now.  Level cap is 50.

I kept a couple of armor pieces that I wanted to infuse later, but it is dumb to start infusing gear before you hit Level 50.  Just pile on Blues until you finish the last story mission and hit 50.

Mis helped me with the last campaign mission.  Thoughts are spoilerized for those who haven't started or finished the quest line.

Spoiler
  • So my theory from earlier holds a bit true.  Mara is definitely appears to be permanently dead, but it does not appear that she's in the Dreaming City or that Savathun is the BBEG.  This is turning out to be more of a treasure hunt.
  • Mis and I laughed our asses off when the Voice of Riven ate Uldren.  I was hoping he'd survive so that I could shoot him in the head.
  • Which i did.. or maybe Petra did? Not sure since the final cutscene went to black so you can't tell who fired the executioner killshot.
  • It figures that Bungie would go back to the once you think you're done, you're not done shit.  Uldren's dead, but now there's the Dreaming City to contend with and oh by the way the Ace of Spades needs re-calibrating, so it's off to play Gambit whether you like it or not IF you want to get your hands on the Ace of Spades.
  • Cayde's memorial cape has some sweet stats.  I have finally taken up his cloak and sworn my oath.

Oh, and I got the Triumph for killing decoys without reloading in the Rifleman. 

Key One is not to be underleveled so that he one shots you and Key Two is to keep reminding yourself not to reload as you hunt down his decoys.  Key Three is to use a precision weapon like a Scout Rifle or a Pulse Rifle. 

And yep.

Spoiler
  • The Invader kills I have to get in Gambit for the Ace of Spades quest have to be Hand Cannon kills.   Looks like I'll have to fabrcate myself a Crimson and make it my preferred gun for Gambit until I move on to the next Ace of Spades quest step.
  • Either that or see if I can make a Season 4 version of Drang and then make an S4 Sturm and start leveling them both up.

• Like 1

Well I did the dumb thing and got impatient. It didn't help that at the time I really was not liking the newer equipment that dropped for me. Seriously the only weapon I'm using so far is the bow. Armor though I should have bitten the bullet. I'm at 491 LL.

Futz around doing some more bounties last night - including a few around strikes

Went looking for Xur and got pissed I couldn't find him. Then I remembered it was only Thursday. So tired...

Since I have so many bounties/quests tied into Crucible, I played 5 matches last night.

Got new maps three times - 2 on the new one in the bowels of Titan and the 1 on the Cabal ship (that is basically the big circle)

No clue what I was doing so I wasn't much help when it was Control. The Cabal ship one is gonna be good for when you need to farm certain types of kills because everyone just runs in a circle clustering together.

Started on whatever thing I have that requires 10 competitive matches. So happy I got Control both times. Went 1 and 1.

If I wear my best gear I am 400 exactly. I do now have 2 503 items waiting for me when I hit Level 43

Should finally hit the Forsaken story tonight

So I decided to pick this up since it’s free on PS4. It’s really good. I’m having a blast as a Titan face punching baddies and my son is enjoying shooting everything in sight. I’m about halfway through the main story so far but it’s really good. 

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No - a huge storm hit right when I got back to the tower so I stopped for the night

A pity, but it is ncie how everyone on the tower save the faction leaders have something to say about Cayde. The people on the planets do as well though I warn you now Asher is his usual asshole self

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And I am officially at the point where I am overwhelmed with things to do again

There is so much stuff to do its kind of ridiculous

24 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So I decided to pick this up since it’s free on PS4. It’s really good. I’m having a blast as a Titan face punching baddies and my son is enjoying shooting everything in sight. I’m about halfway through the main story so far but it’s really good. 

Join the DVDVR clan.

A little late to the party since we couldn't jump on until Friday. We then proceeded to drop about 15 hours into this over 2 days and haven't even finished the story yet.  So much stuff to do.

I'm sitting on level 507 at the moment. We got about half way into the story then started doing a bunch of milestones since we wont get chance to do them before the reset so might as well take advantage of the while we can. There seems to be a near endless supply of activities for 'powerful gear'. I hit 500 pretty quick which seems to be a soft cap, i'm guessing there's several more along the way or it would be way to easy to hit 600. 

The collections is a real good idea. I can basically purge my entire vault and fill it with new gear with random rolls that i will obsess over and be afraid to delete in case it one day becomes relevant.

Gambit is a ton of fun. I imagine it's pure hell as a solo player going up against a full team but all 3 games we played were against teams of randoms. Were undefeated so far, haven't event dropped a round!

Exotics seem to be incredibly rare? Not a single drop yet and as i understand it, Xur wont be having Forsaken exotics in his Fated Engrams. Feels like Destiny 1 again when you were actually excited for one to drop, event he bad ones.

We didn't play much during the last expansion and never got a chance to do a full Escalation Protocol. We knocked out 2 level 7 in a row with a bunch of randoms that jumped in. Absolute insanity and one of my favourite parts of the game now.

Played 2 of the new strikes while doing bounties and milestones. The one based in the prison is great fun. Loved all the call backs to to PoE and CoE. House of Wolves was always one of my favourites because it was 3 man end game content instead of 6, Much easier to put a team together.

Am i being blind or cant you access old raids? I'm guessing they unlock again when you finish the Forsaken story? Or have them moved them on the Director and i just cant find them?

I'll be trying to finish off the story when i get chance over the next few days. Then the grind begins!

For the sake of reference -  I haven't even thought about going after any Barons yet.

Just doing random shit trying to clear out the 84202552 bounty type things now.

I did hit 500 today but I just have a mismatch of shit. The only thing I infused was I jacked my Sunshot up to 500 because I love it so.

Gambit is always going to be a bitch when your team isn't coordinated. I played one match where one dude would race over to deposit motes one at a time. Meanwhile - the other team sent three blockers over at once.

Got the new strike in the Prison of Elders so might have had a tiny bit of story stuff spoiled for me.

The Empty Tank Lost Sector might be the greatest place I have ever visited

• Like 1

My LL is 510 right now. Just beat the 7th Baron. The fights aren't too hard even with their annoyances. I'm finding the chase to be more fun with the vehicle uses, tricks, explosions, etc. Also this is the first time I've ever dealt with female Fallen (at least that I'm aware of). Were there any in Destiny 1? I can't recall.

• So it looks like you have to do some EP-ish bullshit in the Dreaming City if you want to earn enough Seeds of Light to activate your other Supers.  Fuck that for right now because..
  • Gambit is fun as hell.  All of the hilarity of the Crucible without the stress.  I have yet to win a Gambit match, but I've gotten two Invasion kills towards the Ace of Spades quest and I have two pieces of Gambit armor towards one of my purple bounties (Participate a Gambit Match while wearing a full set of Gambit armor).. I will probably play more Gambit when I get off shift on Tuesday morning so that I can try to get more Invasion kills and maybe back into a win.
  • I have the Queen of Hearts jumpship, the Cayde-6 memorial cloak, and Cayde's old sparrow so I am sorta committed now to getting the Ace of Spades hand cannon purely out of OCD.
  • I have three pieces of Crucible armor towards another purple bounty (Participate in a Crucible Match while wearing a full set of Crucible armor).  Can't wait to knock that shit out and shred this Wing Commander crap.
  • Speaking of the Crucible.. WE CAN TRACK OUR PVP MEDALS AGAIN~!!!
  • The game refuses to give me a pair of Prodigal Boots to complete my armor set.  I have a 510 pair of Tangled Web Strides ready to infuse when I finally get a pair of Prodigal Boots.
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, RIPPA said:

I did hit 500 today but I just have a mismatch of shit. The only thing I infused was I jacked my Sunshot up to 500 because I love it so.

I kept and infused my Quickfang even though it won't keep pace with Season 4 swords.

I haven't checked the Sunshot in my Collections, but you should be able to fabricate a 480-ish LL version now that you are 500 LL AND any Catalyst you've previously earned should carry over.

I have recreated several of the Exotics that I had completed Catalysts for (Coldheart, Tractor Cannon, Viglence Wing, Crimson, Polaris Lance) and I've been able to reconfigure them back to Season 3 Masterwork status.

56 minutes ago, J.T. said:
  • I have the Queen of Hearts jumpship, the Cayde-6 memorial cloak, and Cayde's old sparrow so I am sorta committed now to getting the Ace of Spades hand cannon purely out of OCD.
  • I have three pieces of Crucible armor towards another purple bounty (Participate in a Crucible Match while wearing a full set of Crucible armor).  Can't wait to knock that shit out and shred this Wing Commander crap.
  • The game refuses to give me a pair of Prodigal Boots to complete my armor set.  I have a 510 pair of Tangled Web Strides ready to infuse when I finally get a pair of Prodigal Boots.

Where did you get Cayde's spaorrw? I have ship, cloak, and Ace of Spades quest. I want to get the gun, but they make you jump through a shit ton of hoops to get it. Reading the head shots via hand cannons has killed my resolve for it.

I get Prodigal boots often. What I'm having trouble getting is the Red Moon Phantom Steps.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Where did you get Cayde's spaorrw?

I forget which one, but it was the reward for completing a Forsaken DLC Vanguard Strikes. 

I was about to shred the Sparrow when I realized what it was. 

Good bye, Blacklight Razor...

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I want to get the gun, but they make you jump through a shit ton of hoops to get it. Reading the head shots via hand cannons has killed my resolve for it.

Just make yourself a Crimson from your Collections and have at it.   I'll be using mine for all of the Ace of Spades bullshit.

I completed the Catalyst for Crimson in Season 3, so the MW version has the range and punch of a pulse rifle AND Crimson heals damage when you get a Precision Kill and that includes other Guardians in the Crucible.

If you're using Crimson and you still suck, you can always make a pair of Season 4 Lucky Pants from your Collections to buff your Hand Cannon skills.

I don't remember what LL my S4 Crimson is right now but if it is above 500, it's going to get infused into my shiny new Ace of Spades hand cannon once I'm done with the quest line.

• Like 1