DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

It doesn't seem like EP wasn't made with 2-3 people in mind.  I've never beaten one without having the entire zone full of players working in complete concert.

Sometimes randos and sometimes coordinated, but everyone has to pitch in.

If you've gotten past a Wave 7 with a single fireteam, then you've got my respect.

Oh there were 4-5 of us by the end. I meant the ones I did before had 6-7 yet somehow still failed. Not sure if the ogre is easier or if maybe its because so many are at or near full LL due to SoH.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Lots of Grenade fixes.   The various Grenade Kill conditions for Blue armor upgrades in Solstice of Heroes exposed how shitty D2 class grenade powers really are.

I like the vacuum grenade for my Nightstalker.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Nearly everyone gets a damage bum for their the best grenades post Season 2 except for Hunters:  Nightstalkers (Vacuum Grenades) / Arcstriders (Arcbbolt Grenades) / Gunslingers (Tripmine Grenades).  That's bullshit.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Fated Engrams only granting Pre-Forsaken Exotics = We want you to grind for post Season 4 exotics

Now this is some bullshit.

Mis tried I help me get a whisper on Sunday but since I suck I basically just wasted a hour of his time.

I did nail the jump across the chasm the first time with what Mis declared some “hacker bullshit” on the stream so that made me happy.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mis tried I help me get a whisper on Sunday but since I suck I basically just wasted a hour of his time.

I did nail the jump across the chasm the first time with what Mis declared some “hacker bullshit” on the stream so that made me happy.

That was not a waste of time. It was pretty cool actually.

Dude, you walked THROUGH 3 moving pillars on the edge of the chasm.  Straight phase shifted or whatever like Barry Allen going through a wall...except the wall was moving and meant to push you off a ledge.  Phil completed no-sold the game physics, and to be honest, I'm a little hot about it.  I look at those things funny and I'm falling.  As far as the whisper goes, I started goofing off earlier that day and had helped 5 people get whispers.  Other whisper streamers were running stacked with a buddy that had done it 50 times with them, I was taking 2 at a time, green'er than baby shit guardians through that.  And by green'er than baby shit, I mean people that said they knew the way and totally did not, had not played it all it seemed.  I helped 2 get the catalyst, and the last person to get a whisper I was at 355-360ish, but had ran it, watched and researched it.  You had never done it before, I didn't get one my first trip through.  It was 6 hrs before I got the experience you got right there.  I had some trouble my first few trips through.  I think it's a really fun mission. had over a hundred views.  Follower count more than doubled since.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

@J.T. 2:07 as resident Sov expert, can you confirm, is that her hand?  It could very well be a flashback, hallucination, or spell I suppose.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I hate myself for being excited

Me too, but I am little excited now.  Finally.  I still haven't preordered.  RDR2, though...

Its 33.4 GB for PS4. I'm a third of the way through and still have 3 hours to go after having already waited an hour or so. This was also only after getting 9+ hours initially and saying fuck that and restarting so it would be less.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I hate myself for being excited

I don't, that trailer was great, and so far Forsaken looks pretty good with the bits shown. Not saying it will deliver completely, but it should be fun at worst.

Stuff I noticed after the update:

• The weapon jumbling has already commenced.  I notices that quite a few Legendary weapons that were in my Power and Energy slots migrated to the Special and Heavy slots.  I was pretty annoyed to see that my Legendary sniper rifles went from my Heavy slot to my Primary slot because it totally fucks up my PvP meta.  Load outs are not as customizable as I had been led to believe.  Configuration merely became a little more complicated.
  • Shotguns are now in the Special slot TAFKA Energy Weapons. I am dreading the return of Shotgun rushers in the Crucible.
  • My IKELOS weapons went back to their old Element designations and lost their weapon mod slots.  I can't change them from their Solar designation by adding a weapon mod.  Both the IKELOS shotty and hand cannon are in the Special slot.  HC did not become a Primary.
  • Exotic Energy and Heavy Weapons stayed in their original slots.  Polaris Lance is now a Special Weapon although most Legendary scout rifles are in the Primary slot, and Legend of Acrius is a Heavy Weapon although most Legendary shotguns are in the Special Weapon slot.
  • Cayde-6's old responsibility for Flashpoint rewards was given to the vendors of each planet. :(   Stashes will probably go away too once you complete the Forsaken storyline.  My Titan and my Warlock have not been through the Warmind story yet. It will be interesting to log in and see the world through their perspective and note how different things are compared to how my Hunter will see the game setting after he murders the fuck out of Uldren Sov.
  • I got a Season 4 Auto Rifle called the Ether Doctor as my Flashpoint reward and it is a BEAST version of the Duty Bound.  It has Rampage and Zen Moment on it (the new Forsaken weapons have 2 perks instead of one) and it is a 600 RPM rifle.  Excellent for PvE, but probably not for PvP since 600 RPM autos tend not to have the impact / stagger of 450 autos or 450 pulse rifles .  When I tried to upgrade my Ether Doctor, I discovered that....
  • Masterworking is done in tiers now and weapons upgraded to Tier 10 are considered to be Fully Masterworked..  It looks like it takes about 25 MW cores to get a weapon up to snuff, but I didn't keep track of how many Legendary Shards I've used so far.  I imagine that masterworking armor will consume 20 to 25 cores as well.
  • There are no more tokens anymore.  Loot chests give you Glimmer and planetary materials and the Vendors take planetary materials and Glimmer as payment for their sale items.
  • Infusions also require planetary materials in addition to Legendary Shards and Glimmer.   Weapon upgrades went back to the D1 grind...  I have to go gather Phaseglass Shards to get my Legend of Acriuis shotty upgraded.  That's when I found out that...'
  • It looks like you can now use any Weapon class to infuse your guns in addition to using higher LLs of the same kind of gun you're using.  In short, it looks like I can either use shotguns or other Heavy Weapons to infuse my Legend of Acrius exotic shotgun.  
  • Not sure if that is the case for all items or Exotics only.  I didn't take a look at Legendary items.
  • Clever devs have keyed the database.  The folks that went to the Cryptarch thinking that they could get Forsaken items out of engrams were rudely awakened.  Rewards for completing Clan XP milestones were also from Season 3.  Everyone gets one Forsaken item for completing this week's Flashpoint to play with until next Tuesday.
  • Daily Story Missions are back and so far you only have to complete one Vanguard Strike to meet a milestone.  
  • All Nightfalls are 270 LL so far and it looks like can chose between one of three Strikes to do instead of having one assigned for the entire week.  It looks like Scored Prestige Nightfalls are a thing of the past.  The strikes have modifiers pre-assigned to them so guess what?  Strange Terrain is up this week with a fucking Solar Singe modifier!  Solar Singe and Match Game are the mods for all of the Nightfalls, so be mindful of what elemental barriers you will have to break and pack accordingly.  
  • All Nightfall strikes lock your equipment like Prestige Nigtfalls did so yeah, pack accordingly.
  • I didn't do a Nightfall, so I am not sure if Extinguish is assumed to be always on.  I would guess that it is since we've been gradually moving back to D1 mechanics since the middle of Season 3 with stuff like the return of bounties.
  • Some items have gotten more reserve ammo after the update and some also have improved capacity.  Sleeper Stimulant now has three shots to a battery charge and ten shots in reserve.

And fuck.  The SMG is the IKELOS weapon of the week for EP and I was with a group of randos earlier today that came within one hair of beating the Wave 7 boss. 

It's Kathok, the Roar of Xol aka Baby Crota V2.0. A sword bearer will spawn in the middle of a group of Cursed Thralls.  Kill the sword bearer and use the sword to bring down Kathok's barrier and then shoot the bejeesus out of Kathok.

Some members of the group bailed and the darkness dissipated before we got a chance to redo Wave 6 to get back to Wave .  I was pissed. 

I've got a lot of family and some domestic shit to do this week, so hopefully I will find time to go after Kathok before next Tuesday.

Strange Terrain is one of the Nightfalls.  I am not sure if Nightfall Rewards are still active after this update, so I will have to check LFG to see if anyone is trying to farm the Osprey.

I'm taking a geek vacation for Labor Day week so hopefully I will be doing a lot of Forsaken grinding while my boo is at work. Somewhere in there, I'll also get some touch up painting done.

Oh, and the perks on the Forsaken weapons have gone back to RNG.  I have gotten a lot of hate on the Reddits as it seems like my Ether Doctor has something of a god roll going for it.  It melts in PvE, but 600 RPM auto rifles don't have the punch to compete in PvP.  I'd have been more impressed with my ED's perks if the ED was a 450 RPM auto.

I am slightly offended that the stock character delivering the badass "Uldren Sov is mine!" line in the new trailer Is a Titan.

Cayde-6 is the Hunter Vanguard, not the Titan Vanguard. One of our cloaked bretherin should get to say the big scary words.  

I can't wait for that cutscene to hit when I play this next week.

15 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

2:07 @JT as resident Sov expert, can you confirm, is that her hand?  It could very well be a flashback, hallucination, or spell I suppose.  

I'm inclined to believe the latter (flashback, hallucination, batshit insanity) since Uldren's next move is to torch the throne room.

Is that Awoken pig fucker harvesting an EDZ shard near the end of the trailer?  Is he trying to be a Guardian or steal the Light so he can be immortal?  

That was Ghaul's plan.  It was a horrible plan.  The Traveler ate Ghaul. 

I hope the Traveler does not eat Uldren before I get a chance to shoot him in the head.

I just read on the Reddits that someone got a Bow called Arid Lands, but he didn't post any screens.   Some people are calling bullshit but with Forsaken stuff in people's hands a week before release, I think that the dude is probably telling the truth.

• Like 1

@J.T. - are you surprised that the changes happened or that they happened already because most of them they had talked about awhile ago as happening so it wasn't surprising to me.

The Legacy strike I got last night was Savathun Song and either they tweaked something or it has been FOREVER since I did the non-heroic version because I have zero memory of a yellow bar Wizard being in the cave with all the cursed thralls (right before the boss battle). I think it surprised all three of us who were doing the strike.

Also - if you didn't see they are doing a free one day preview of Gambit this weekend (I wanna say Saturday)

And my usual - if you haven't checked out bungie.net, do so - lots of more updates about the changes.

They also have a "letter from Cayde" which will help fill in some backstory before Forsaken begins

One thing JT didn't mention and they only suck in in this week's update - Lost Sectors are more difficult now.

I was wondering why the big boss only had half life left at the end of my super and then I discovered why

The base power level for them has increased. So EDZ lost sectors are now 240 so I am assuming the Mars ones are roughly 330.

Goddamn it i'm back in the game. Me and a friend grinded the crap out of the 400 light gear quest over the past week or so, complaining all the way, then dropped £80 on the expansion and annual pass like good little Bungie fanboys. We're part of the problem!

In other news, Destiny 2 base game is now free on PS Plus. It's Septembers game but already available. That's some super villain level genius on Bungies part. Anyone that gets hooked has potentially £115 worth of DLC available to buy.

How pissed off would you be if (possible spoiler ahead)

Spoiler

Your chance at revenge is "taken" from you?  What if Uldren Sov is murdered by the scorned or whatever they're called, soon after killing Cayde-6?  I read it on the internets so it must be true.  

</end conspiracy theory>

I'm gonna play this for the next week, I'm still unsure if I'm gonna get forsaken though.  

I got scatterhorn boots on my hunter, scout and pulse rifle armor something, idk.  Pissed over the orpheus rig nerf.  Bungie has always been like "fuck hunters, we didn't design this shit to be fun, it's a money trap you fuck"...

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

Shotguns are now in the Special slot TAFKA Energy Weapons. I am dreading the return of Shotgun rushers in the Crucible

I tried using a shotgun in crucible today. It was my worst run in a while. I'm sticking to Hard Light.