DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

The first IB match I lost was a heartbreaker.  The score was 108-109.  It was a tough defeat, but both sides played really well. The other team just outhustled us.   The folks on my side played Control rather than Clash and we were all the best blueberries we could be.  That's about all you can ask from your fireteam. 

We finished off team shots and pushed as best we could.  The other side just made the most of their Zone Advantages.

The second IB match I lost happened after half of the fireteam bailed during matchmaking.  The three of us that were left soldiered on until we got reinforcements, but assholes kept jetting as soon as they arrived. 

We couldn't push because we didn't have stable numbers to help us gain ground and eventually we got mercied.  We fought hard and somehow I was the Top Killer for the match even though I only got 12 Ks and my pitiful total of 3 Precision Kills was the best in the field.  It was sad.

I wish I had paid more attention to the Roster so that I could've reported the cowards.

The third match I was in, four members of my team was AFK and they wiped twice to the other side without firing a shot.  I bounced from the match after that.  I felt a bad because I don't like to abandon my PvP teams, but I knew I saved myself a mountain of frustration by leaving.

Until my 10.5 ER match, I thought that the Gods of PvP were frowning on me. 

My 10.5 ER match was on Pacifica; a map I hate with a passion..... well... maybe not so much anymore if I am on the sweatier team in the match...

Last night was a horrible night of IB

I got so frustrated at one point that I just signed off for like a hour and then tried again.

The big issue is I need to do fucking solar grenades and the combination of the Dawnblade's shitty grenade choices and IB made it next to impossible.

I think I played 7 matches to get my CTA (that was how bad it was) and didn't get a single grenade kill.

I will throw the caveat in that two matches I got dropped into the other team had a huge lead (which probably explains why I joined mid-match)

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Now I am even more enraged because I just fucking realized that the grenade kills don't have to be in the Crucible

I've had similar issues.  The problem with the Solar kills for the classes is that IIRC you have to be in a certain game mode for them to count.

I want to say that you have to be out exploring and they don't count if you are in something mission related like an Adventure or a Strike, but I'm not sure.

I knew it took forever for me to figure out that Void Orb collection only counted during Strikes and Missions and not while Exploring or doing PEs and Patrols.

If you are not on Sunday, I will see if I can find some folks dumb enough to drag me along on a Whisper of the Worm run before I head off to BDubs to get wings and watch wrasslin..

Yeah - in the green armor you specifically have to get kills in strikes or crucible (depending on what you are working on)

I forgot that the blue armor actually makes it easier and kills count no matter where you are getting them. So at least I did get some Solar power weapon kills and did get a couple of wins in for that part of the piece.

The other good news is that Bungie did say in the update today that you will still be able to Masterwork the Solstice Armor AFTER the event ends. (You just have to make sure you acquire the purple armor before the event ends.)

And I definitely need to find a new clan because they are changing the way Clan XP works with Forsaken and basically they are introducing bounties where some of them can only be completed when in a fireteam with clanmates.

You could always roll with me or Mis. 

I suppose recruiting would be an option, but that shit is a lot of work and you don't really know who you will end up with and the whole point of the DVDVR clan was that it used to be made up of people from the board. :(

There's always the big box clans.  Not very friendly but there's always someone around to game with at almost any hour of the day.  You might dig the informal atmosphere.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The other good news is that Bungie did say in the update today that you will still be able to Masterwork the Solstice Armor AFTER the event ends. (You just have to make sure you acquire the purple armor before the event ends.)

All I'd need is one Prestige Leviathan clear to masterwork the chest armor and I'd probably never do another Leviathan raid for as long as I lived.

Well, I'd do one more Normal raid for my Emperor's Seals and unlock all of the LoA shotty perks and maybe I'd try the Pretige EoW to get the catalyst.

If this weren't IB weekend, I'd try to get on a Trials team on Sunday and try to back into a win before Forsaken drops, but game time will be all but non-existent this weekend. 

I've got a shitload of stuff to do over the weekend including getting the cats to the vet, getting a Maryland state inspection, and trying to get in some family entertainment.

If I can mange to clear my IB challenges on Sunday evening and I have enough time before SummerSlam, I may try to find a Trials team via LFG and pray that they can carry me to a visit to the Spire.

Well, it looks like the debate can finally end. 

Thanks to some lore from a few leaked Forsaken armor items sent to Datto and the guys at Ishtar Collective, we can almost certainly conclude (borrowing last minute post production) that both Mis and I are right.

The answer to the question of "Is Mara Sov alive?" appears to be "Yes and No."

Spoiler

During the cutscene of the Reef Awoken's assault on the Dreadnaught, the Techeun ("tech witches"  the three robed women on the bridge of Mara's flagship.) apparently conducted some sort of ritual that sent Mara's "soul" to the Astral Realm just as Oryx destroyed her ship.

Her physical body has been reduced to molecules, but her astral self is probably a resident of the Dreaming City aka the setting for the raid content in Forsaken....  That's why Uldren was able to faintly sense that his sister was still "alive."

The hitch is that when the Guardians destroyed Oryx in the physical world, it looks like he was purged back into the Ascendant realm. 

There is a rumor that the first raid of Forsaken will be about Guardians going into the Astral Plane AT THE REQUEST OF MARA SOV, to help defend the Dreaming City against an attack from either Oryx or Savathun, the new Queen of the Taken.

We know that the raid will take place in the Astral realm and center around the Dreaming City because (duh) if you checked your Sleeper Stimulant lately, it now has a catalyst slot and you can only get the catalyst through "encounters in the astral realm."

If you want the catalyst for the Sleeper, you will have to complete Dreaming City raids to get it.

If this turns out to be true, then I was wrong and Eris has not been a naughty girl, because it looks like she'll be the one who researches the Hive lore that allows the Guardians to reach the Dreaming City.

If that is the case then it is possible that when Guardians encounter Oryx, the Hive God might have a female form rather than a male one since Hive gender morphs as they ascend and descend in stature. 

Acolytes that transform into Knights stay male, while those that are promoted to Wizard status become female.  Oryx ascended from Wizard status, so "he" started off as a "she" and Oryx might've been "demoted" when he was sent back into the Ascendant realm after being killed in our world.

We know that from the lore from the Books of Sorrow.

Naturally this is all speculation until we actually experience the game content, but the comic book nerd in me finds this explanation totally acceptable.

I was trying to figure out something to dive into yesterday and I almost jumped back into Destiny 2.  But then I remembered I don't really play when either of you do and it would take me like 1000 hours to catch up to having even moderately useful stats - let alone whatever DLC will cost me since the last time I picked up this game. 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, RIPPA said:

Summerslam is like a 15 hour show

I dont know how you are planning on playing at all if you are going to do it before the show

I didn't.  I had a bad migraine so I just ordered the show at my 'rents and gave my mom some money.

My old man bladder woke me up at four in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I gamed until it was time to come to work.

I fucked up and didn't realize how close to Legend Valor status I was.  I played IB and lost a match because my team sucked..... and I forgot to have my Solstice pants on when my Valor rank upgraded... fuck.

I logged out and logged back in thinking that my new status would re-register on my leg armor, but nada.  I'll probably have to reset my Valor rank and get back up to Legend status before I am allowed to masterwork my britches. 

Oh, well.  I have 400 MoT points, so I have pretty much checked out mentally from the Solstice bullshit.  I just wear the SoH armor for the LL buff so that I am either overpowered or on par in LL for Prestige Nightfalls, EPs, and Raids.

Speaking of which, it took me all season but I finally got my hands on the IKELOS shotty just in time for it to be junk in two weeks.  I'll be haunting Mars all week after Reset to see if the new EP boss is the one that drops the SMG.  That's the last IKELOS weapon I need for my emblem upgrade.

If RNG really wanted to be kind to me, Strange Terrain would be the Nightfall after Reset so that I could spam PNs until I got the Osprey. I'd keep the weapon as a trophy; I'm just interested in upgrading the BrayTech emblem. 

I'd never use the Osprey in game.  I hate rocket launchers since I usually only succeed in blowing myself up when I use them.

I should be on after work at the usual time.  I'll grind IB for as long as I can stand it and then maybe watch the Post-SummerSlam RAW.  I'm 60 or so PvP kills away from finishing my Vigilance Wing catalyst, so if RAW sucks and PvP hasn't aggravated me, I'll head back to the Crucible and grind until bed time.

I still need to do all my stories and a Nightfall to do for my Warlock and now I am in full on panic mode because this is like the absolute worst week for me to try and find gaming time. Fucking start of school

I can't buy fucking wins with my Warlock in the Crucible. My Titan always seems to be paired up with folks who know what they are doing. My Warlock - get 23 kills the rest of the team gets less than 20 combined.

I also realized that I might need to spam some heroic strikes (after the normal 3 on each character I have) to make sure I finish that MOT

Thank God I am home tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I still need to do all my stories and a Nightfall to do for my Warlock and now I am in full on panic mode because this is like the absolute worst week for me to try and find gaming time. Fucking start of school

I can't buy fucking wins with my Warlock in the Crucible. My Titan always seems to be paired up with folks who know what they are doing. My Warlock - get 23 kills the rest of the team gets less than 20 combined.

I also realized that I might need to spam some heroic strikes (after the normal 3 on each character I have) to make sure I finish that MOT

Thank God I am home tomorrow.

If you're on this afternoon, we can try to get your Warlock some Crucible wins.  We can also test the LFG waters to get a Nightfall done for your helmet if Mis or my DARPA homies are not online tonight.

The crew may be taking a break until the new reset since we've got 3 out of 4 clan engrams in the book.  Dylan and both got their Whispers on Saturday, so I doubt if they will be on until after Reset.  Wolf got a promotion to Office Manager at MRAPS, so her playtime will be crippled for a while.

I think Jacob is taking a few days off to visit his parents and is going offline.  I think his dad is having a rough go of it like mine.

I finished two challenges in one match, but It took me five matches to get my Ruthless this morning and beat my last IB challenge.  It is hard to be a good blueberry when you hate your cowardly team.

I didn't play five matches in a row, though.  I rage quit after Match 3 (I played horribly one match and I started off the next match by myself, so I quit before I got team shot) and haunted Mars for a bit.  That's when I got my IKELOS shotty.

Then I went back to the IB and it still took me two more matches before I managed to string together five kills without dying.  On Match #5, we played on Midtown and I was one of two players that tried to cap zones.

We were teamed with a coordinated four-man that refused to push or support, so I got sick of their shit. 

For the remainder of the match, I followed them around, stayed behind them the entire time, and let them eat bullets.  When they died, my Vigilance Wing perk would kick in and I'd start healing. 

That allowed me to survive enemy gunfire and I'd mop up the weakened players on the enemy team that the four-man on my squad couldn't put down.  We lost the match, but I didn't care.  I just wanted to complete all of my IB challenges and put a few more notches on my Vigilance Wing catalyst.

My career PvP ER has gone up from 1.46 at the start of the IB to 1.51, so I'm pretty happy.  The only thing that bums me out a little is that I am only Rank 16 with Saladin, but that's okay.

I slept on the IB during Season 3, but I know that spent most of my time knocking out the MoT stuff off of my list before Solstice went live.

Completing the MoTs and getting my 400 Points emblem is very satisfying, so I am good with not grinding IB all the way to Rank 35 and clearing Saladin's vendor queue.

Looks like I owe Mis an apology.

One of my clan mates just got the Worldline Zero catalyst to drop for him today while on Mercury after going apeshit on Vex with the Crown Splitter in the Lost Sector.

Further research seems to indicate that any and all PvE sword kills on any planet count towards the Worldline Zero catalyst.  it just takes a shitload of cumulative sword kills to get it to drop for you. 

According to one of the Reddits, it was stealth patched in one of the prior hotfixes.  The intended method was to have players kill Frozen Hive with the Tesseract feature of the W0, but there was some sort of glitch in the AoE effect where the algorithm did not count all MoBs killed by the sword proc.

So now any kill with a sword including W0 kills via Tessaract will help to unlock the W0 catalyst.

However, in order to Masterwork the Worldline Zero, you have to do the dumb get a Tesseract hit on a Wave 7 EP boss thing.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What I need help with is the fucking SOH stories. No way I am soloing those on blue

I can get you over that shit.

I should be on around dinner time if not a little earlier.

Once Travis gets on, I told him we'd try to roll through the PN and get him through 5 Heroic Strikes and we'll be killing bosses along the way, so that should be progress on three pieces of Solstice armor for the price of one.  Hopefully your Warlock will have purple armor by that time so that we can make one run for threshold scores for two helmet upgrades.

I finally killed enough Frozen Hive with Worldline Zero to get the Catalyst.  Still sketchy on how to get progress, though.  I got to Wave 7 yesterday with a bunch of randoms right before we made our Iron Banner run.  

I smacked the Wave 7 boss with my sword, but the group did not have the DPS to bring him down.  Supposedly you don't need to kill the boss for progression to count, but I can't confirm that since I got zero progress after hitting the boss.

I didn't want to keep my sword on the entire time because I didn't want to sandbag DPS for too long in Wave 7.. 

Furthermore, I don't give a rat's ass about paying enough attention to which Wave 7 boss will be active to really care about smacking one boss per week just to advance the catalyst on this damned sword.

If anything, I'll haunt EPs on Mars to see if I can get the IKELOS SMG and if I manage to get W0 progress, that will be extra.

Also realized that its actually two weeks of dead time before Forsaken because as far as I can tell the only thing going on this week will be that wacky Scorched trials mode

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ran two IB matches this morning so I could reach rank 30 and grab the emblem and the last weapon (I don't care about the ship)

Saladin gave me the ship as one of my rewards when I turned in my Tokens yesterday.  I only got up to Rank 20 this season.

I prioritized MoTs over the IB and Faction Rallies as Season 3 drew to a close.