DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Not counting myself - there are only 4 other XBOX members of the clan and two of them are Mark and CSC who I know don't play and based on the other two profiles, they don't play anymore.

Looking through the entire roster - @Eivion appears to be the only active PSP player

Most likely - I will just nerf the clan and find somewhere else to go but I am not doing anything right now

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not counting myself - there are only 4 other XBOX members of the clan and two of them are Mark and CSC who I know don't play and based on the other two profiles, they don't play anymore.

You will have died from old age and your bones will be dust long before Mark puts in enough time to get you through SoH.  I don't even think he's got any of his consoles hooked to the internet. 

I think he's playing No Man's Sky on his XB1 now that he's done with Breath of the Wild on his Switch.

I thought I saw CSC on for a bit about six or seven months ago but then he went dark.

Every time I see Don on his XB1, he's watching YouTube or streaming a movie.

Look on the bright side, we'll all be in the same clan again when we're all playing Red Dead this fall.

11 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I got burned out after wasting 3 hrs trying to help someone grind armor, and they didn't even have the shit equipped....I'm taking a few days so I dont smash my xbox

I heard that story. 

Was he working on Blue armor?  You'd know if he didn't have his Green set on because it's all worn and tattered and shit.

The new guy in DARPA bought a full set of SoH glowies for his Blue set, so I now have a fairly reliable visual frame of reference concerning what armor pieces he has on.

I know he must've been tired of me constantly asking WHAT IS YOUR VOID ORB PERCENTAGE~? when we were grinding his Green set.

I love the new Destiny 2 article in Forbes.  IN A SHORT WHILE YOUR PURPLE GEAR WILL BE HOT GARBAGE BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF SHARDS TO BUFF UP YOUR NEW GEAR AMIRITE~!

I will miss my Niflheim Frost scout rifle.

23 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I wasnt paying attention, it was an adult, so I thought they were competent enough to know.  

if I had a dime for every time I assumed this to be the case with my co-workers....

I was a little upset that no one got the special Nightfall reward from the PN WotT until I discovered that.....

.... the reward is a unique transmat effect...

WHAT~????

The Stolen Light and Pixelization transmat effects are 1000000000000000000000000000% more badass than that one and you can buy them both from Tess at Eververse.

Since the strike is on Mars, the devs could've at least given you another crack at the Osprey instead of making you wait for Strange Terrain to come around and infuriate the piss out of you and your fireteam when you all wipe to the fucking rune shieled Ogre two or three times.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Looking through the entire roster - @Eivion appears to be the only active PSP player

Most likely - I will just nerf the clan and find somewhere else to go but I am not doing anything right now

Wow, I did not think we were the only active members. I thought XBOX had at least one or two more. Of course that may also be because of my old incorrect assumption that JT and mis were members

30 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wow, I did not think we were the only active members. I thought XBOX had at least one or two more. Of course that may also be because of my old incorrect assumption that JT and mis were members

Mis and I were both DVDVR members.  

I am not sure when Mis bounced, but I was a bit late to the Buy An XB1 movement so once most of the clan migrated to next gen, I was the only person playing D1 on 360 and flying a DVDVR flag.  That got old really fast.

I got invited to join my current clan by some old co-workers of mine I met when I was at TACOM.  Most of them work for DARPA and they also kept playing D1 on 360 rather than XBone for various reasons. 

I've rolled with them ever since and joined back up with them when they finally decided to play D2. Everyone had to get new consoles  because we knew that Bungie would not retro port Destiny to previous gen.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am an adult and I just tried to do my Flashpoint on Mars while wearing my green armor.

I shouldn't be allowed out of the house

Eh.  Ellis tried to run Heroic Strikes last week in Green Armor last Friday.  He forgot to trade it in for Blue so that he could start grinding the Blue set to purple.

Still haven;t made it past my green armor due to 1AU and Chosen. With Chosen I figure if I can make it Ghaul I will be fine. With 1AU its that stupid sun area that is screwing things up for me. I had forgotten about that shitty part. That was one of my least favorite areas in the game.

God Bless Mayhem - I got all my super kills in the span of 3 matches.

Was grinding strikes to get the orbs there. Got pissed off when Tree of Possibilities glitched and no enemies would spawn the entire stretch run. That was a waste of 20 minutes

I should have never looked at Destiny Sets. Now I am buying blue and green shit from Amanda just for my collection

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God Bless Mayhem - I got all my super kills in the span of 3 matches.

Thank you for mentioning this. I do so little Crucible that I didn't even know about Mayhem. I just finished my super kills. Now all I have left are the two hardest of the redux missions.

I just need to finish solar orbs and three story missions to complete the greens on my Warlock.

I have been dragging my feet on the stories mainly because I am being lazy on the tedious grind of doing the stories solo.

I would recommend reading the THIS WEEK AT BUNGIE this week as they start laying out all the changes that are going to happen when Forsaken shows up

There is a lot of stuff being "retired" starting on August 28 in preparation for Forsaken so there is a lot of "Get it now if you ever want it" type things

One thing I just learned - Trials of the Nine will not be available in Season 4 and they hint that it will be overhauled when it returns.

So much for that achievement

Also Also - Iron Banner is back next week for the last time this season.

And they are going to introduce that mechanic they had talked about for Forsaken. If your team captures all 3 zones - they lock for 20 seconds

Also Also Also - Faction Rallies are going on hiatus for Season 4 too

They did note that they are working on some sort of system where you can get the exotic catalysts that we tied to each faction

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

One thing I just learned - Trials of the Nine will not be available in Season 4 and they hint that it will be overhauled when it returns.

So much for that achievement

Of course that happens after I just finally unlocked it.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And they are going to introduce that mechanic they had talked about for Forsaken. If your team captures all 3 zones - they lock for 20 seconds

They did note that they are working on some sort of system where you can get the exotic catalysts that we tied to each faction

I like that mechanic change for Control. Always felt a bit weird being able to lose or capture a zone immediately once you had all three.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I would recommend reading the THIS WEEK AT BUNGIE this week as they start laying out all the changes that are going to happen when Forsaken shows up

There is a lot of stuff being "retired" starting on August 28 in preparation for Forsaken so there is a lot of "Get it now if you ever want it" type things

I'm pleased exotics will always be my level or higher. its annoying finding them so useless outside of shredding. I wonder if I should just keep my gunsmith material now until Forsaken arrives.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, RIPPA said:

And JT mocked me for hoarding all my gunsmith materials

I mock you for saving those dumb tokens.  Nothing they can purchase will be worth having in Season 4.

Like me, you probably have a billion Legendary Shards saved up as well.  Just buy Engrams when Forsaken launches and presto, new gear.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, RIPPA said:

I'm not really going to miss Faction Rallies.  Reknown can be a pain in the ass.

And FINALLY, an incentive to capture all zones in Control.  Why didn't they think of that in D1?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, RIPPA said:

Who will really care about IB this time around? 

People will still be grinding Solstice armor and whatever you get from Saladin will be junk in Season 4.