DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I missed that faction rallies were coming back this week. Sticking with FWC so I can grind until I get my Sunshot catalyst

The Daily Bounties all being tied to strikes will give me a reason to work towards that completion.

I guess same with Crucible

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I missed that faction rallies were coming back this week. Sticking with FWC so I can grind until I get my Sunshot catalyst

I'm just four ranks away from mine. Will knock that out before the night ends.

Something seems... off with Crucible

I can't put my finger on what it is but it is... wonky

Granted I rarely do Crucible on Tuesday but with the bounties I was playing a few matches

So either JT's theory about how all the pros knock out everything on Tuesdays is right or I ran into some cheaters.

I mean dude had 35 kills to 1 death in my match.

Got my Sunshot catalyst last night and have the sun blast kills already up to 10%. Doing this during Faction Rally week is actually a bit annoying since I end up getting renown almost by accident sometimes.

• Like 1

I really hate renown

I am fast travelling everywhere to dumb it because I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

I know I need to cash it in to unlock a couple of rewards but I am lazy

I also hate reknown.  Farming stems on Mars is 10000000% tougher when your damage output blunts every time you complete a patrol. 

I noticed that the new patch gave Faction vendors the ability to sell Faction armor.  I wish I'd noticed that before I pledged FWC thanks to laziness.  I noticed more people are running with New Monarchy this time around, so people are obviously trying to complete the catalyst trifecta before all Season 1-3 gear is rendered obsolete by Forsaken.

Speaking of which I, I ran Vanguard bounties today and unlocked the Sturm catalyst.  Hopefully getting that shit done won't take weeks and weeks like DARCI and Polaris Lance did.

It looks like I am now in the Raid business. 

The next step of the Legend of Acrius mission is to earn "Emperor Sigils" by completing Leviathan raids.  I need ten of them to move progress along.

To make things worth, you cannot store the Legend of Acrius nor can you infuse it: you can only dismantle it.. 

Apparently it will stay at 260 LL until I finish the quest.   Most of the DARPA peeps have worse OCD than I do, so most likely we will start raiding regularly now so that we can complete this dumb mission.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Something seems... off with Crucible

I can't put my finger on what it is but it is... wonky

Granted I rarely do Crucible on Tuesday but with the bounties I was playing a few matches

So either JT's theory about how all the pros knock out everything on Tuesdays is right or I ran into some cheaters.

I mean dude had 35 kills to 1 death in my match.

It's always been my experience that sweatys run Crucible early in the week, which is why I don't make my CTA run until Trials starts up.  The best way is to peep at the roster every so often and look at the guns that any organized fireteams are packing.

You will know douchebag gun load-outs when you see them.

Getting 30 kills is not terribly unheard off, but that one single death is pretty suspect.  Either he was really good, your team really sucked, you were up against non-US players with horrible connections, he was a blatant cheater, or some combination of the above. 

I think my best ER ever was around 10.00 and that was against a team that really blew goats.

Both matches I played my team got trucked and I had sub .5 K/Ds

I mean I might not be great at Crucible but my average KD is above 1

I know level advantages are off but there shouldn't be any way a Level 3 can one shot me

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Both matches I played my team got trucked and I had sub .5 K/Ds

I mean I might not be great at Crucible but my average KD is above 1

I know level advantages are off but there shouldn't be any way a Level 3 can one shot me

Now that the D2 companion app is working again, you could always go into your Game History and check the match results so that you could report the most offending player.

Did 3 more Heroes strikes since that was part of the Factions yesterday. Thank you for all the extra tokens bounties!

Got The Pyramidion twice because of course I did when void singe is on. I do chuckle that the hardest part of that strike when void singe is on is the very opening then it is just a matter of not being stupid around the lasers.

Also did Crucible enough to finish CTA on my Titan. It was a better night though I did have one match where I ran into a group of raiders because I was getting killed by so many weapons I had never seen before so I looked and i was like "Oh those are raid weapons"

The Xbox Version with Expansion pass is under $20 at the moment. I'm tempted to double dip. Yet, I'm barely over 300 with my main on PS4, so might be a waste, but I have peeps I could play with on XBLA at least.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I wish I was on vacation

Or dead

Anything other than stupidly grinding for FWC tokens

My FWC rank is in the 80's so I just fast travel to shed reknown and move on. 

Very helpful since today's challenge is clearing PEs and not worrying about rank grinding makes things less stressful.

I'm not constantly trying to find a Lost Sector to dump my reknown so that I can move on to the next PE.

I am still working my way to 50 so that is part of the irritation.

That being said - I am only doing my strikes and CTA with my Warlock now so that is dumping a lot into the bank account if you will

I knocked out my Sturm catalyst today.  The improved Range and Stability on MW Sturm is a huge improvement, but not enough for me to lug Sturm and Drang around everywhere I go.

I'm now working on the Boop Gun catalyst.  Pushing enemies off of cliffs is the best fun I have had in a while.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am still working my way to 50 so that is part of the irritation.

That being said - I am only doing my strikes and CTA with my Warlock now so that is dumping a lot into the bank account if you will

I grinded on EDZ PE. I found that far quicker than worrying about Renown and Lost Sectors. How much do strikes get you and is it faster than just doing two or three Heroic PE?

Strikes don't give a ton of faction tokens. Maybe 5 a Heroic strike?

I am just doubling up since I needed to do my Heroic strikes, plus I could knock out bounties AND grind towards max rep level.

There were a ton of secret quests in D1.  That was a lot of people's favorite part, and the lack thereof was one of D2's biggest disappointments.  As crazy as this Whisper of the Worm thing is, read up on the Outbreak Prime quest from the Rise of Iron expansion and be baffled as to how anyone ever figured that out.

My guess is that this was added in with the Warmind expansion, given that it's tied directly to Xol.  But it's still pretty amazing that it took this long for somebody to find it.

Too bad my clan has fallen apart.  Pretty sure I'll never get this.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Neither are JT or Mis (among others).

Hey, everyone in DVDVR migrated to XB1 while I was still on 360 and said neener neener neener on the way out. :)

I hooked up with the DARPA clan after that because I knew them from my time at TACOM and they were also too cheap to buy XBones.

I played some Crucible on my own yesterday and I agree with Rippa.  Things do indeed feel a bit odd. 

I don't know how, but 6x6 feels worse than 4x4.  I didn't drop under 1.00 ER in the two games I played today (both losses), but it felt like I had to work harder than usual to stay alive.  We're back to the days of large groups making dopey decisions and randoms that try to play everything like it's Clash ..  Our team was up 120 to 113 in a Control match today and somehow no one pushed to keep zone advantage and we lost the lead in the last two minutes of the game and eventually the match.. 

It's frustrating because you cannot take matters into your own hands and zerg a zone anymore.  It's all about the team shot, so if your crew decides to be dumb, the only thing you can do is cover down on them while they are being dumb.  If you try to be a hero and go rushing into No Man's Land on your own, you'll only succeed in getting gunned down even if you have your Super activated.

All I need to do is break Valor Rank 3 for my Moment of Triumph, so that is what I am shooting for.  For the time being, I am choosing not to give a shit about grinding Glory ranks. 

I found the last five Regional Chests on Nessus this morning, so that's one more block checked on the list.

The DARPA clan raided until nearly two this morning.  We crapped out at the Caius checkpoint, so hopefully I'll be able to hook back up with them before Reset to knock that out and run the Underbelly to use our chest keys.  I turned in my Emperor tokens to Benedict this morning before going to farm Stems on Mars.  I got a Ghost Primus auto rifle, so now I have a full set of raid weapons including the Prospector scout rifle and the Sins of the Past rocket launcher.

Still no raid armor.. bummer...

I got six Champion's Seals towards my Legend of Acrius quest during the raid.  Four more and I get the Tier 1 upgrade it's on to the next step..... completing a Leviathan Prestige Raid for a second upgrade and the ornament..... urgh....