DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, RIPPA said:

himandhissnoopys.jpg

Fuck you, Uldren.

I went 1-4 while chasing CTA last night, but I can honestly blame my shitty team this time.  My ER went up from 1.45. to 1.47 and I never went below 1.00 in any of the matches I was in.  I registered 23 kills / 3.83 ER in a Clash loss for my first match.  Your team is supposed to win when you put down that many players.

I mostly played Supremacy last night, but the last match of the night was Control on Vostok and I was stuck with a team that refused to push or capture, so I resigned myself to just covering their asses, getting kills, and hoping the enemy team would finally earn enough points to end the match.....  preferably not at my expense......

I got a Triple Kill after baby sniping the shit out of the enemy team with the Manannan as they pushed C on that map.  It was great.

I cleared 2 of the 3 Crucible Challenges for the Sunday DC, but crapped out at 67% for Solar Based Killshots because I hate playing a Gunslinger in PvP and I decided earlier that evening that I would quit out if I got my CTA milestone before completing the daily PvP challenges.

Shaxx rewarded me with a much needed boots upgrade for completing CTA.  That got my LL up to the 373 - 375 range, so I was happy with that.

I noticed that Moments of Triumph were up on my D2 companion app, so I knocked out a few Heroic Strikes to get me closer to Vanguard Rank 50.  I should hit that target on Reset when I run my three Heroics for the engram. 

If the modifiers don't suck this afternoon, I may run HSs today and push for Vanguard Rank 50.

I think that MoT being up will finally motivate the DARPA clan to get off of their collective asses and get good at the Leviathan raid so that we can check off a few more blocks before Season Four.

Other weird shit that happened to me last night.

• Some asshole kept spamming me invites to play Fortnite.  I had to block them.
  • I got hate mail from some douche who sped off through the drills during The Inverted Spire just as our third Fireteam member quit out of the game.  Rather than risk a wipe, I took a seat and waited for him to get to the pit, but the mother fucker started eating popcorn rather than initiate the last stage of the mission... so I waited him out... A few minutes later I got a ""lmao trash!" message that I did not bother replying to.  Fuck that guy.  If he makes it. I am a sandbagger.  If he dies, I am the smartest guy in the room.  Either way, no harm no foul and we move on without reverting to the previous checkpoint.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can’t cash in MOT until 7/31, FYI

Yep, but I am going to check off as many boxes as I can before Season Four.

One of them will probably be Get Season 3 IB Rep Up To 50, so that should also help DARPA peeps dust off their auto rifles.

Played one match of competitive yesterday since I totally forgot that’s it’s own rank.

Hated myself and stopped after one and went back the Assassins Creed

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Played one match of competitive yesterday since I totally forgot that’s it’s own rank.

Hated myself and stopped after one and went back the Assassins Creed

Yeah, Valor is for Quickplay and Glory is for Competitive.

I think I'd rather punch myself in the face than grind Glory, but I might stupid enough to make one attempt at the Redrix's Claymore if I had the right fireteam of randos..

Completed the Strikes DC yesterday and the tokens put me over Vanguard Rank 50.  The void drive on my new jumpship is quite awesome!.

If the Nightfall Strike for the week is the Pyramidion, I'll be looking to get myself in a Silicon Neuroma sniper rifle farming team.

All this week I have been bawling about the Shepherd's Watch sniper not dropping for me until Saturday, and Failsafe has been selling one all this time.  Shows how often I do any Glimmer farming on Nessus... as in rarely if ever.

I don't know why I even logged on last night since there wasn't really anything to do.

I ended up farming EP's for a little bit - got about 3 more done

I will be happy when I never have to do one again

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know why I even logged on last night since there wasn't really anything to do.

You could've done the Strikes DC to earn more tokens towards Vanguard Rank 50.  That's one of the items on your MoT checklist.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You could've done the Strikes DC to earn more tokens towards Vanguard Rank 50.  That's one of the items on your MoT checklist.

Considering I highly doubt I am going to do the raid - missing one more isn't gonna be that painful

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Considering I highly doubt I am going to do the raid - missing one more isn't gonna be that painful.

Bah.  pounding strikes and collecting Vanguard tokens is probably one of the easier things you'll do in this game.

I think I am 62 for 68 regional chests, so I may knock that out this week while Glimmer farming.

It looks like all of the Regional Chests I have not unlocked are on Nessus and not sprawled out over several planets.    I must've collected them world by world over an extended period of time without realizing it.

it is sad that I am systematic even when I am not actually thinking about being systematic.

Nightfall Strike for the week is Strange Terrain.  I think the BrayTech Osprey rocket launcher is the reward for both of the Mars strikes if they are Nightfalls.

I think I may take one or two cracks at the Osprey simply because it's the last BrayTech / Arctic Camo weapon left to unlock, but I hate using rocket launchers in D2 so I'd shove it in my Vault as soon as I got it if I were lucky enough for it to drop.

IB is also up, so there are better things to do with my time than farm the Nightfall.  I'll probably be jumping into PvP as soon as I knock out Flashpoint and the Heroic Strikes.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I hate Flashpoint on Mercury

At least you can count on players making sure the PE is Heroic so that people only have to do it but so many times.

I hate it when assholes just dash off from the warp gate island without shooting the Vex thingies.

It generally takes two Heoric PEs in additional to the yellow bar guys you kill to get it done.

Problem is is that it usually is like 15 minutes in between PEs

Rippa got to chat with a couple of members of the DARPA clan.  Hopefully they didn't annoy him too much. 

Ellis is a decent enough guy.  He works at the TACOM / DARPA engineering shop.  He moved back home when his dad died and assumed ownership of the family house so his mom wouldn't have to sell it and downsize.  Consequentially, he treats his mom more like a tenant than a parent. 

Ellis is definitely the type of person you think about when someone says that he is a "mechanical engineer" and then your nose begins to wrinkle and you make that face.

Kayleigh aka Tsuki Wolf is a admin assistant at TACOM and is Ellis's actual mother figure even though she's only two years older than Ellis..  She's good peeps and keeps Ellis straight.

I hate the IB nights when I am Hot / Cold and more Cold than Hot.  I started off the night kicking ass and ended it getting my ass kicked..  There was no middle ground and my ER suffered for it.  I started the night at 1.47 and now it's back down to 1.45. Fuck.. :(

I hit two regular Nightfalls with Wolf and Ellis after Rippa called it a night so that I could wash off the sweat of the Crucible.  No Osprey, but that was okay because now I'm solidly over 375 LL after getting all but one of my Luminous Engram activities out of the way.  I still have Heroic Strikes left.

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They both sounded like they were 16 so I fear for the defense of this country

Mics do that to everyone.  I sound like I am a teenager over Live Party and I will be fifty fucking years old in November.

Ellis was on the MRAP project and now he's helping develop MRSI / NLOS-C weapons.

Typhoon-NLOS.jpg

The damn thing is mounted on top of armored ground drones and uses satellite tracking to rain mortar shells on mother fuckers.

The defense of the country is in good hands.  Don't fear for us.  Fear for our enemies.

I'll probably be doing Heroic Strikes after I get to the 'rents from work and going to see my dad at the convalescence center and trying to trick him into eating his dinner for once instead of gorging at lunch and then sleeping for the rest of the day.

After that, I'll be down for clearing the IB daily challenge in as few matches as possible so that I can go back to Resonance Stem farming on Mars..  Give me a shout if you get online tonight.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is like my dream

Well for the low low price of a broken hip and cognitive thought, it can be all yours! 

Seriously though, Dad was in better shape yesterday and I got him to eat dinner.  I made him two days worth of borscht and he ate nearly all of it in one sitting. 

I think his meds were fucking with him on Tuesday.

I didn't get up to knock out that last IB DC this morning.  I stated up until almost Midnight farming Glimmer and trying to get into a PN group.  I made the cut for one but no one got an Osprey and it was late when we finished, so I went straight to bed after that.

I'll be on around the same time for IB tonight if you want to run it.

If only Mis had been there to stream our not quite so shitty IB loss instead of our shitty IB loss.  We almost got mercied and battled back like mother fuckers.  I thought we were going to pull off an upset until the other team got a bunch of kills in the final few minutes of the match.

A team I was on with Ellis earned a From The Jaws of Defeat medal on Wednesday night after rallying to win a match just as Saladin was about to call mercy rule.  I sucked for most of that match, but I warred back to an even 1.00 ER and got the winning kill.

After me and the GF got back from dinner, I just went to sleep.  Got up early, knocked out the call to arms on my Hunter (mostly got the shit kicked out of me...but i look at anything under a 2 k/d now as getting my ass whipped).  I got that stream downloaded, but I was going to clip it before I uploaded to youtube...I've had a long travel day today, and expect an even longer one tomorrow. 

I will try to get something going before I crash and see what happens.

Guardiancon on Saturday though..maybe, if everything works out for me.