DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah - that was something "spoiled" for me like with in 48 hours of the DLC coming out.

The way people were talking made it seem to me like I would get this reveal when I completed the DLC story but nope.

It was so weird the way "news" sites treated it

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - that was something "spoiled" for me like with in 48 hours of the DLC coming out.

The way people were talking made it seem to me like I would get this reveal when I completed the DLC story but nope.

It was so weird the way "news" sites treated it

I avoided the D2 lore channels on YouTube like the plague until I figured it out for myself.

I had to unsubscribe to nearly every Destiny related YouTube channel I had until the day before yesterday.

And what should I see when I re-subsribe?

Spoiler

Ten thousand EXO STRANGER IDENTITY REVEALED entries in my Suggested Videos To Watch feed.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, RIPPA said:

Fuck Exodus Down

Fuck it even more on Heroic with Arc Burn and Blackout

I backed into the last EP wave I needed for Nascent Dawn 3/5 so I listened to my inner idiot and decided to do three Heroic strikes instead of three Normal strikes in order to complete the Beat Three Strikes part of the quest.

I pulled Exodus Dawn for the last strike and it was nightmarish.  It took over an hour to complete and two players tapped out along the way.  That turned out to be serendipitous because the last guy added to our fireteam glitched in behind the entry portal, so no Fallen were able to attack him. 

That left me and a guy with zero clutch to do the heavy lifting, but eventually we managed to put together a miracle run of offense.

Now I have to go find this node in the Olympus Descent today after work and get geared up for another Flashpoint and head back to Mars to get Nascent Dawn 4/5.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Now I have to go find this node in the Olympus Descent today after work and get geared up for another Flashpoint and head back to Mars to get Nascent Dawn 4/5.

Go all the way to the end (basically where you start the DLC)

Knocked that out this weekend and the IB stuff I wanted to do on my Titan

Since I had the day off yesterday - I decided to do start to Warmind with my Warlock.

Cranked out Flashpoint and Call to Arms with her and knocked out the first two story missions. Took no time at all to hit Level 30 and I think my light level is already 145.

Ran with Mis for a little bit who entertained me to no end with Jimmy Valiant stories

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Go all the way to the end (basically where you start the DLC)

Something told me I'd have to run the entire length of the Descent.  IIRC, the loot is rando so I'm hoping to score on the Niflheim Frost scout rifle when I turn this thing in to Ana.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

.Ran with Mis for a little bit who entertained me to no end with Jimmy Valiant stories

Me, too.  I ran his Warlock through the last two Warmind story missions with my Hunter. 

It was good to hear his voice and call him amongst the living.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since I had the day off yesterday - I decided to do start to Warmind with my Warlock.

Nearly everyone should've had the day off yesterday since it was Memorial Day, unless you worked in retail or are a lifeguard or something.

Oh, and give me a shout out if you see me online and need a partner for Call To Arms.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well it's a good thing I'm in VA for the week and had to unplug my XB1 before making the commute.

And yikes!  ETA for completion of Server Maintenance is 4PM EST,  Looks like I have time to stop at the store to get some stuff for dinner tonight.

Holy crap, Nascent Dawn 4/5 was way easier to complete than 3/5, but I am thrilled to be the proud owner of a Niflheim Frost scout rifle.  I also got a 351 Battle Scar pulse rifle from my Flashpoint engram. 

RNG was kind to me for once.... or not since I now have two awesome primary weapons to Masterwork, so OCD will compel me to keep playing this fucking game.

I was disappointed that all you had to do for 4/5 was get headshots and precision multi kills with a FREE Masterworked BrayTech scout rifle and then a complete a mission on Io that you already had the strats down pat for and you didn't even have to use the BrayTech in order to meet the mission requirement.

I am enjoying my new Polaris Lance.  Tested it out in a Nightfall with a couple of members of the DARPA crew.  I usually prefer high impact scout rifles, but the Exotic perk synergizes well with Zen Moment and that Solar round hits like a hammer when it comes up in your magazine.

I'll be on tonight with my alts grinding clan experience, so grab me if you want to hit the Crucible.

Oh, and I have finally found a partner to work on the Rat King with me.  We have one more Crucible match to compete in and then we have to do the Nightfall.

Hopefully I don't have to do a fresh Nightfall since I've already beaten it for the week on my Hunter.

Why has it taken me so long to notice that Tess has the Shadow Trespass for sale this week?

I don't plan on buying the ship, but I can look at the lore for free.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Why has it taken me so long to notice that Tess has the Shadow Trespass for sale this week?

I don't plan on buying the ship, but I can look at the lore for free.

Oh yeah mean the ship I own?

(I actually have two exotic ships)

And I have finally gotten around to reading all of

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah mean the ship I own?

(I actually have two exotic ships)

I also have two Exotic ships.  My Hunter flies the Lost Legend and my Warlock helms Holborn's Splint.

I just wanted to read the lore page for the Shadow Trespass.

Spoiler

for more backstory concerning Elsie Bray = Exo Stranger.

I'm not interested in owning the Shadow Trespass.

I'm waiting for Saint-14's Gray Pigeon to come up for sale or sprout out of Prototype Engram so I can give it to my Titan.

I also have two Exotic sparrows. The Overdrive (with my Hunter) and the Azure Azayel (with my Titan).

I like the look of the Azure Azayel.  It reminds me of a WaveRunner.

In the obscene event that I actually reach Vanguard Rank 50 during Season 3, I will grab Exotic jumpship with the old school skin that Zavala has for my Hunter and juggle the remaining jumpships around with my alts.

I was on Mars this morning messing around when a UK Fireteam started doing Escalation Protocol.  We got up through Wave 4 and stalled at Wave 5.  There were three 370-ish guys and the rest of us were 350 to 360. 

When I have my best gear on, I am 358 and I usually pack my Kibou to knock out the Knight barriers and the Sleeper Stimulant for the Wizard barriers.

The recommended LL for Wave 5 was 385.  Fuck that.

I was sorta hoping to back into a Wave 7 victory, but it wasn't meant to be.  The LL for that shit has to be 400 or something and you probably need to beat the new Raid in order to get your hands on loot or infusion fodder to get you to that level..

At least I got to loot my first EP chest (360 Legendary engram, Mars tokens and an Armory Code) and decrypt one of my Cache Keys.

I think I am running the Nightfall tonight with Mis and then hitting the Crucible provided he logs on earlier than ten at night when I am winding down for bed so that I can get up in the morning. 

Until he gets on, I will probably tinker with my Warlock a bit and chase down an Exotic engram to push his Sturm quest along.   Killing yellow bar Fallen on Nessus with Drang is a lot easier when it is a 353 LL weapon.

I got my Crimson up to MW while working on the Strikes Challenge yesterday.  I got all of my Challenges done in one run because It took us an hour to beat Strange Terrain. 

Solar Singe and Grounded murdered us all.  Fucking fireball throwing worm boss can eat a bag of donkey dicks.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you and Mis are on at normal people hours I will join you.

I am usually on at normal people hours and I do my best to crap out by ten.  I have to be at work by 0730 and I prefer not to be a zombie first thing in the morning.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Otherwise I will probably knock out my heroic strikes

With Solar Singe on this week, anything Vex related will be a pain in the ass and trying to beat Strange Terrain will probably turn you into an alcoholic.

I was with a group this morning that beat the Arms Dealer strike on Heroic in under fifteen minutes.  The stip that boosts your Power Weapons is active along with Solar Singe and Grounded, so we melted the boss with Sleeper Stimulant and Frigid Jackal shots.

I am not sure what will be active on Heroic Strikes after 1300 when the DCs reset.. The Singe lasts the entire week and the other two stips should change.

I can run Strikes with you with my Warlock tonight if you can help me drag him through his Infinity + 1 shit on Mercury..

How far are you on the Rat King quest?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I still need to do one more patrol in the EDZ so I am still on Step 1

Fuck.  As long as I have the quest active on my Hunter, I can get you through that shit, man, and we can smash PEs in the EDZ while we're at it to get you past Step 2.

If my dude is on tonight, we can even try to get the Crucible part done and maybe run the Nightfall and beat this thing if Mis is not online.

If Mis needs to run the Nightfall, I can always help him out with my Warlock or my Titan.  I can use their goodies to buff up my Hunter's LL if the rewards for my alts are not class specific.

As much as I'd love to buff the Nightfall with stips to see if the DFA will drop for one of us, I am not sure I want to put us through that much grief for a Hand Cannon, no matter how rad it is.  I'd rather just zoom through it again and get the Rat King out of my queue.

If we decide to run with a stip, we can always pick Solar Singe only so that we can melt the boss with our Sleeper Stimulants.  I could run as Gunslinger and pack my MW Better Devils and the IKELOS as my Energy Weapon.

For those folks hunting down the Memory Fragments, here is the YouTube cheat vid I used to track them down.

Not the best guide out there, but it is better than most.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You are just trying to get spoiler videos to pop up in my recommendations aren't you?

Fuck.  I totally forgot about the satanic algorithms that run the YouTune wasteland of VIDEOS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU~!

Sorry, man.

I know when my boo uses my phone to surf the internet for pedicure tips, because I get all of these bizarre foot care videos in my Recommended Videos feed.

The Toe Bro (the public channel of a podiatrist who does pro bono work at a free clinic) vid of the removal of an ingrown nail from the big toe of an elderly man almost made me puke, but it was so fascinating that I could not stop watching.

I hope I die before I turn eighty five.

I, Rippa, and one of my DARPA homies FINALLY completed the Rat King mission. We lost two heartbreaker matches in the Crucible, but we were not bullshitting during the Nightfall.  We hit the Valus with everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink.

We all had a good laugh about how the Rat King dropped at 265.  That was a pretty good LL when the game launched vanilla.

Oh, and the Heroic Strike version of The Pyramidion on Io with Solar Singe as stip can bite my ass.  Brakion's gigantic Line Rifle always gets headshots, so he automatically one shots you even at 350+ LL and he does not miss if you are out in the open.

If you do not cherry pick the adds and be careful when the cover shifts, your fireteam will wipe in seconds.

It is far worse than doing Strange Terrain on Heroic with Solar Singe because at least there are big ass boulders to hide behind so that the Death Worm's gigantic fireballs don't incinerate you immediately.

Faction Rallies will return on Tuesday - you will only be only to pledge one faction at a time across all your characters. And difficulty ramps up the longer you go without dying.

Dead Orbit will offer the Eye of Another World ornament and the Graviton Lance Catalyst
New Monarchy will offer the Crest of Alpha Lupi ornament and the Sweet Business Catalyst
Future War Cult will offer the Knucklehead Radar ornament and the Sunshot Catalyst

So of course I WANT to pledge FWC but I fucking run a Titan so I might have to be like everyone else and be New Monarchy