DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

The update is live and Nightfalls are back to being great again. The regular Nightfall has scoring rather than a timer like they introduced in Year 3. Beat the score to unlock an aura for your character like the D1 Nightfalls. Prestige Nightfalls are back to being the Nightfalls of old with a burn modifier and a wipe sending you back to orbit. Now's your chance for the Ratking J.T, all you have to do is beat a Nightfall. No time bullshit, nothing fancy, just beat the Nightfall.

Max Light Louis! That's my new name for that glorious bird, he's 3 for 3 now. I cashed in my clan engram and once again he gave me the last piece of gear i needed for max light. I'm now 335 on all 3 characters.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Basara said:

Now's your chance for the Ratking J.T, all you have to do is beat a Nightfall. No time bullshit, nothing fancy, just beat the Nightfall.

I will have to find another G-Unit to do that.  My Bungie Board crew ran with one of their clan mates who needed help with the last step, so they went with him last night and completed the Nightfall and the Rat King.  

They are a heavy raid clan and they run some of the raid segments with a full fireteam armed with Rat Kings.

I harbor no ill will since I know they've been trying forever and I was out yesterday with my boo at physical therapy getting her arm back in shape after she nearly destroyed all of the ligaments in her arm over the Christmas holidays.

I got a couple of "We're sorry, bro, but he was clan," and I replied, "I can dig that, man.  No hard feelings."

I think I'm to the point where I'll just start working on my alts anyway and go back to my Hunter once the DARPA crew is high enough light level to do the raid in house.  They have some people that aren't on regularly since they have some project work that needs to be complete before the middle of the fiscal year.

I am at the point where I would just prefer Cayde stop giving me exotics.

I can't complain too loudly though because he also gave me a max level Scathelocke so I am a true 335 now (instead of being 335 but not in the stuff I actually wear)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am at the point where I would just prefer Cayde stop giving me exotics.

I can't complain too loudly though because he also gave me a max level Scathelocke so I am a true 335 now (instead of being 335 but not in the stuff I actually wear)

I just save any exotics I don't like or think I need so that I can use them as infusion fodder once I get my Warlock and Titan up and running which will probably be very soon.

Scathelocke is a pretty good PvP weapon.  I used one (318 LL, Level 22) on my Hunter before I got my MIDA.  Now I'm saving it for my Titan to use in synergy with an Actium War Rig once he's high enough level to equip it.

So do I - the problem is there are only so many helmets and boots to infuse after getting the same one 7 times

Heck - my Warlock is dying for some 335 armor. I have gotten Aeon Soul 3 weeks in a row

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So do I - the problem is there are only so many helmets and boots to infuse after getting the same one 7 times

I would give everything in my Vault for one damned 320+ LL cloak.  The LL for my class item always drags behind the rest of my armor.

The power creep is real.  My LL is up to 328 now as I finally got a 331 class item to drop help my armor pick up the LL slack of my 325-ish weapons. 

I'm probably going to leave my Hunter alone for a bit and start working on my Titan.

I have an auto service appointment at 1PM today.  Hopefully it won't last hours and hours.  If you're online this afternoon and want to run the Nightfall or grind through Shaxx's Call to Action, Rippa, message me.

22 hours ago, J.T. said:

I just save any exotics I don't like or think I need so that I can use them as infusion fodder once I get my Warlock and Titan up and running which will probably be very soon.

I don't want to ruin your day but infusion doesn't work like it did in D1 now. You can't use one classes gear to infuse another. Making that max light grind all the harder. Once you hit max light it is easier to bring the rest of your gear up to match though, I've had a bunch of blue engrams drop at 330.

Something I noticed as well when we ran the new style Nightfall. There's no modifiers on the normal version anymore. It's one step forward two steps back with Bungie. It's great that they got rid of the timer, I don't think anyone enjoyed that, but a Nightfall without modifiers is just a slightly harder strike.

8 minutes ago, Basara said:

I don't want to ruin your day but infusion doesn't work like it did in D1 now. You can't use one classes gear to infuse another. Making that max light grind all the harder.

I have quite a few duplicate Exotic weapons in my vault that I'm saving to use for my alternate character's weapon infusions.  I know that the armor grind can only be done with matching class gear.

Which makes me angry since Banshee-44 seems to love giving my Hunter random Warlock Bond and Titan Mark mods rather than Hunter Cloak mods.

Now that my Uriel's Gift is nearly up to snuff, I can start dumping auto-rifles into Coldheart and the Prometheus Lens to level them up.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wish Banshee would give me Warlock Bond mods... that is part of the reason I can't get beyond 328

IIRC, he has an Arc Paragon Warlock Bond mod for sale right now. 

There was literally a Black Panther size movie crowd of European players running Warlocks in front of Banshee 44's shop this morning when I logged off to grab breakfast and head in to the office.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I should specify - I need a void mod

I mean yes I could drop a mod for a class I am not running but I am weird like that

WE are weird like that.  I am also miffed by Banshee-44's refusal to sell Void Paragon class melee mods for my Nightstalker. 

It takes FOREVER for my Smoke Bombs to cool down and Vanish In Smoke is more helpful than ever now for Revive Runs that wipes = restart on the Nightfall and only Nightstalker's can cloak or go invis.

Just now, Basara said:

Good to know I'm not the only person that has set armour with the correct flavour mods for each sub class.

I am not there... YET

But that is the next plan after I finalize my Titan and Warlock

Of course... that will happen probably like a week before the next DLC where I am sure the light level will go up again

35 minutes ago, Basara said:

Good to know I'm not the only person that has set armour with the correct flavour mods for each sub class.

I am trying to resist becoming a hoarder, but it is hard. 

In D1, I ran my Hunter with a base set of armor and swapped out three Exotic helmets (Symbiote / Gunslinger, Graviton Forfeit / Nightstalker, Third Man Mask / Bladesinger).

Now that we have armor mods that can help make sub-classes perform effectively AND efficiently, you can't really go with one set of armor that works for all occasions if you are a tryhard and your goal is to run all three sub-classes PER CHARACTER in equal measure. 

Furthermore, you will still need to decide what tradeoffs you're willing to make.  Is reducing your cooldown rates important or do you want to use mods to improve your weapon performance?  What weapon performance do you need to improve?  Kinetic? Energy? Power

Or do you really need to buff your shittiest stat?  Self-Healing mods are popular with most Hunters go since our Recovery rate blows chunks.

This is the shit that drive my OCD bonkers.

I discovered that it was pointless to run one dedicated subclass once I started running Heroic Strikes. 

Few things are more disheartening than having your optimized Nightstalker gear on and noticing that all of the Challenges for Heroic Strikes are Gunslinger or Arcstrider related.

One day I will just keep my Orpheus Rig on and run the Strike anyway and lie to myself and say that I don't care about the extra Vanguard Tokens.

Yeah the next expansion will probably be out by the time I've got 3 sets of gear on 3 characters for 3 sub classes. The Warlock is the only character so far to have 2 full 335 sets of armour. He's rocking Iron Banner and representing Dead orbit both at max light. I've only just hit max on the Titan and i still only have enough 335 gear on the Hunter for one complete set.

Here is the list of the new game stips for IB Control Matches and large team matches in general once the 6v6 format is launched with the 1.1.4 update coming at the end of March:

• Match time limit is 12 minutes
  • Score limit is 125 points
  • Re-spawn time is 7 seconds
  • All control zones start off neutral
  • Control zones take slightly longer to capture by default
  • Additional Guardians (max of 3) in a zone increases capture speed
  • Guardians participating in a capture get more Super energy

One thing that is NOT returning is the removal of level restrictions.  Bungie still wants to promote maximum participation for casuals and hardcores in PvP. 

I'm sorta hoping that at some point, the safeties are taken off of the IB.  I also hope that we get to pick what PvP modes we want to participate in once the six man arenas go live.  I would probably hate it if I got dropped in a Rumble match randomly.