DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I should be at the 'rent's crib around 3:30 PM.  My mom has some errands to run, so I am bouncing early to keep an eye on my dad.   My dad seems to like watching me game, so that is my mom's way to keep him in the house while she gets her running around done.

If there is a new Faction War milestone up, I will work on that before moving to knock out the last 1% in Call To Arms. 

If any of the DARPA crew is on tonight, we'll probably make a run at the Nightfall.

I'm going to try to knock off early because I have to wash clothes and pack so I can bounce for my crib and attend a Neighborhood Association meeting tomorrow night and I'd like to try to watch Sleight on Cinemax OnDemand while getting the laundry done.

There is a chance for weekend gaming, but times will be sporadic.  I promised my boo we'd get a couples massage on Saturday. 

Frankly, given all of the recent stress in my personal and professional life, I'm looking forward to getting my neck, shoulders, and back worked on for an hour.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

If any of the DARPA crew is on tonight, we'll probably make a run at the Nightfall.

Tips for the Nightfall if you're still chasing that Rat King. The time bonus this week is Rings. Going through a ring extends the time. Once you go through a ring in an area though you only have a limited time to get the rest. They won't start disappearing until you collect one. The best strategy is to clear out the enemies first before starting your ring run so you can collect as many as possibly without having to worry about fighting and dying.

The other modifier is Momentum. It's terrible. Bungie are anti fun. Basically your health only regains while sprinting. I've read that if you stack maximum mobility  along the mini tool and multi tool to max out the stat you can activate the health regen by just walking instead of sprinting. I've never tried this and it limits your weapon load out.

Once you've got past the two Cabal commanders and cleared out the round room of enemies and made the jump to where the Vex are fighting the Cabal near the giant drill you can Sparrow your way through that entire area past the drill and into the boss room if you're confident in your driving abilities. Only one of you needs to make it to the boss room and it will drag the other 2, dead or alive, through to join you. Risk/Reward. It's much faster if you make it but you waist a ton of time if you all die.

Yeah, we bombed that Nightfall hard.  No successes at all.  I think the best we did was getting to the boss with about two minutes to spare and that time burned away pretty quickly.

None of us really had any experience with Rings, so figuring out the best time to clear the hoops while being shot at all the while was pretty intense. 

Momentum wasn't really that hard of a hurdle to jump since we're all running Hunter / Nightstalkers and our Mobility scores are through the roof.  We're constantly dashing about running and gunning and we're all packing MIDAs.  Speed and Evasion is not an issue.

The bad thing about that particular strike being Rings is that even if you use the plan of abandoning two players to make Ring Runs while the other pushes as far as he can so that he can drag the others to the next stage,  there are a lot of fucking Yellow Bar Cabal shooting at you and they are really tough to kill.

I think the Rat King saga is going to have to wait another week.

I couldn't even drown my sorrows in The Crucible.  The DARPA Crew and I went 1-3 as we kept running into serious PvP clans prepping for Trials this weekend and they kicked the shit out of us.  We managed to eke out a win in one Control match, but we got totally pwn3d in Supremacy and lost by five points in the last Control match of the night.  My efficiency ratings were horrible.

I've managed to cobble together a full suit of DO armor and even grinded my way to two DO armor ornaments, so the night wasn't a total bust.  I saw Rippa online getting his folks signed up with Factions, but my dad was awake and wandering the house so I had to keep close watch on him.

I also got an Orpheus Rig (FINALLY~!) this morning while working on Meditations, so at least I have a good Exotic to sport the next time we try to make a Rat King Nightfall run.

I have no idea when I will get time to play this weekend.  My woman and I promised to spend a lot of quality time together this weekend since we've got multiple family and professional issues weighing down on us lately.  I've got the Drywall peeps coming over to deal with some reoccurring settlement cracks, so I took next Monday and Tuesday off.  My boo has to go in on Monday, so I should be online for most of the day repping Dead Orbit and that will probably be my best chance to visit Xur.

I think my boo is faking the Flu on Tuesday, so I probably won't be on until Wednesday after Reset.

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I also got an Orpheus Rig (FINALLY~!) this morning while working on Meditations, so at least I have a good Exotic to sport the next time we try to make a Rat King Nightfall run.

Those Rigs are game breakingly OP in the right situation! In a congested enough area you get your super back instantly after using it. If you're a team of RNG blessed, well equipped Hunters you can burn Nightfall bosses. Have one wear the Rigs, the other 2 with the 6x Golden Gun helm. Wait for everyone to have a charged super and let the adds gather close together, tether them with the rigs, get your super back instantly, and make a crap ton of orbs. Have the 2 Golden Gun Hunters shoot the boss, grab the orbs you just made to get their supers back and shoot again. You can take off massive chunks of health doing this either forcing the boss into the next stage of the fight, or with enough damage, completely skipping a stage of the fight. I've seen videos of an Orpheus Rig user and 5 6x Golden Guns burn through the Raid Lair final boss in it's first stage. I think the record is 30 seconds or something with the right prep work.

Yeah, I've seen those vids. 

I've been trying not to run one sub-class over the other, but finally owning an Orpheus Rig may make me run Nightstalker full time, or at least semi permanently until I finally get a Foetracer.

As is my way since I have OCD, I have already cobbled together a list of armor pieces that will look totally fucking awesome with the Orpheus Rig.   Some of the pieces I can get from normal running around (Wildwood Grips, Gensym Knight Helmet, Errant Knight or Gensym Knight Chest Armor), but I already slammed Meditations for the week so I will have to wait on the Frumious Cloak.

I think I have enough Dead Orbit shaders to get myself looking properly black and white.  I will also get a shit ton of Monochromatic shaders from Tess the next time she sells them.

2 hours ago, Basara said:

Once you've got past the two Cabal commanders and cleared out the round room of enemies and made the jump to where the Vex are fighting the Cabal near the giant drill you can Sparrow your way through that entire area past the drill and into the boss room if you're confident in your driving abilities. Only one of you needs to make it to the boss room and it will drag the other 2, dead or alive, through to join you. Risk/Reward. It's much faster if you make it but you waist a ton of time if you all die.

God Bless the people who can sparrow that.

I think every single time I do this strike someone drags us forward because they sparrowed it. I don't even know the proper foot path because I have never had to take it

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God Bless the people who can sparrow that.

I can't think of a time when I did beat that strike and didn't sparrow that run.  I always break out my jet bike after clearing out the Cabal riff raff trying to prevent you from entering the mine.

Run the higher part of the ledge so that the drills don't sweep you into the pit and remember that your sparrow has lateral jets.  If the drill is coming straight for you, right bumper your ass off.

I am sad because I am forty Bright Dust units short of the price of the Titanium ornament for my MIDA...

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am sad because I am forty Bright Dust units short of the price of the Titanium ornament for my MIDA...

Shred legendary shaders (assuming you haven't dumped them all yet)

Or shred bikes, ships and ghost shells

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Shred legendary shaders (assuming you haven't dumped them all yet)

Or shred bikes, ships and ghost shells

The shaders I have in my inventory are from Dead Orbit, so I get Legendary Shards and / or Glimmer from them when I rip them up.

I'm going to try to find an opportunity to clear some challenges this weekend so that I can earn tokens towards the armor pieces I want to wear with my new Orpheus Rig. 

By then, I hope that Jalaal gifts me with the Pale Horse sparrow again so that I can shred Twinfang and buy my MIDA ornament.

Just saw this @ Yahoo.

If you were looking forward to Bungie tackling the laundry list of Destiny 2 issues in short order, you'll have to be a little more patient.

The studio has delayed the implementation of a handful of features that were slated to arrive between now and May. Most notably, a sought-after revamp of the equipment mod system won't make it for May. Don't like the seemingly endless wave of redundant or ineffective add-ons? You'll have to wait a while longer.

The company is similarly postponing a variety of Nightfall Strike perks and exotic gear changes. Nightfall Strike Unique Weapons were supposed to show as early as February 27th, but Bungie needs "extra time" for its artists to make sure the rewards are worth your time.

There are some upsides to the revised schedule. Bungie is adding some much-needed variety to the Crucible competitive multiplayer space, with the free-for-all Rumble mode arriving on March 27th and a two-on-two Doubles mode coming at an unspecified later date.

I can't say I was looking forward to the return of Rumble, but a fix to the mod system?  Yeah, I can dig that. 

I would also welcome ANYTHING that gives me an edge during Nightfalls. Nightfall Strike Unique Weapons might be the only items I would horde in my vault.

The implementation of Doubles will probably be horrible since I see more of the cheese tactics to victory that were used during Crimson Days showing up in 2v2.

As long as they still plan on scrapping the Nightfall timer and going back to the old scoring method at the end of the month i'm fine. The pessimist in me thinks a lot of these updates will be delayed until the next expansion to make it feel more complete.

Another tip for your Sparrow skills for the Nightfall, or just in general, you can completely negate the fall damage you receive on your Sparrow from dropping off a high ledge by using the side thrusters just before you hit the ground. Boosting to the left or right seems to reset the height the game thinks the Sparrow fell from and you take no damage.

If you're after more bight dust J.T and have no plans on using all the shaders that get dumped on you from bright engrams, dismantling them gives you bright dust too. But only the ones from bight engrams, not regular shaders. I've found weapon ornaments seem to have a fairly high chance of dropping from bright engrams anyway. So you might just get lucky and have the only you're after drop for you eventually anyway.

I've dismantled all of the shades that Tess gave me during the Well Rested XP Buff.  I got like three Watermelon shaders in a row and some other horrid pink and blue shaders that I immediately got rid of.

RNG hated me earlier in the week and gave me three new emotes with all of my BE's which you cannot shred for Bright Dust.

I got rid of my old Sparrow when I got Pale Horse on Wednensday and then got rid of Pale Horse seconds later after getting a Twinfang.  Getting rid of my old Sparrow got me to 1210 Bright Dust which is where I stand right now.

When I get all of my armor together and fixed up with shaders, I should look something like this:

9nd26pd602nz.jpg

I like the look of the bracelet thingies with the Took Offense arms ornament, so I will keep those gauntlets and experiment with the look of the various Dead Orbit shaders or Monochromatic  with that armor piece to see what works best.. 

I'm going to roll with a Gensym Knight Helmet instead of the Swordflight that this guy is wearing, unless Shaxx is kind and just drops one in my lap next week when I work on the clan Crucible engram.

His Cloak of Optimacy looks pretty nice, but Ikora's Frumious Cloak has a snake sigil which compliments the logo on the Orpheus Rig.

And lastly, I like the subdued look of the Errant Knight 2.0 with this set.  The Gensym Knight Curiass is a bit too busy looking when you start adding shaders to it.  The patterns become really prominent.

My titanium skin MIDA will look BOSS~! with that armor.

It does not take rocket science to see that I have the DestinyFashion reddit bookmarked...

I totally drank the Eververse Kool-Aid.  If you look awesome, you will feel awesome.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like Watermelon :(

I have nothing against the shader itself.  The color scheme doesn't work with what I've got planned for my Hunter and the shaders were a quick source of Bright Dust to help pay for my Titanium ornament for my MIDA.

I've seen a red-haired Male Awoken Warlock running around with the Ophidian Aspect exotic gauntlets in an outfit with some pieces using the Watermelon shader and he looks pretty awesome.

I've also seen a Titan rocking Synthceps and Watermelon shaded armor.

Honestly at this point I tend to just use the Shaders of the event going on (like now would be whatever Faction I am running or putting on IB colors during IB)

And then the rest of the time I am too lazy to switch

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly at this point I tend to just use the Shaders of the event going on (like now would be whatever Faction I am running or putting on IB colors during IB)

And then the rest of the time I am too lazy to switch

My OCD is worse than yours.  My spare suit of Dead Orbit armor has the appropriate Dead Orbit shaders. 

I know I have to wear it at least once in my life aka you have to beat the Nightfall during Factions Week while wearing a full set of faction armor in order to unlock the ornament for the helmet.

I haven't run in a full IB yet, but if the new tournament runs on the same mechanics as the old (ex. wearing event related armors & and using event related shaders and emblems grants an xp bonus during the event), I'll start collecting IB armor and shaders.

I've noticed that quite a few of the hardcore raiding clans require the use of Discord, otherwise you won't be allowed to join. 

Why?

It's tough enough running with a normal mic and Xbox Live Party chat.  Why am I installing a game chat app on my phone and destroying my battery while playing Destiny 2 on a console. 

Do I really want to be that nerd that installs Discord on his laptop and then has the laptop sitting right beside him serving as a glorified VOIP while I am gaming on a console?

Finished off the strike milestone, another week without the Titan being max light unless i can be bothered with A Call To Arms over the weekend to see if that drops a mark for me. Not all wasted though, I cashed in with FWC and have a full set of gear from them now. That additional vault space can't come soon enough, though i'm not sure 50 slots will be enough. I think i have a problem with hoarding.

I also finished collecting all the verses for Vance and was pleasantly surprised at the reward you get for completing it.

I thought the discord thing was largely for PC players since there was no in game way of communicating. Maybe it's spread to the console versions as well.

15 hours ago, Basara said:

Finished off the strike milestone, another week without the Titan being max light unless i can be bothered with A Call To Arms over the weekend to see if that drops a mark for me.

It took me a couple of weeks to motivate myself to work on Call To Arms, but I got it done in about an hour.  It helps when you're rolling with people on your Friend's List that you can coordinate with and if you are on a ridiculous hot streak. 

I think my lowest efficiency rating during that PvP run was around 1.85 and my highest was nearly 4.00.

That was my day to be a hammer in the Crucible.  My day to be a nail was this past Wednesday.  Urgh.

. Not all wasted though, I cashed in with FWC and have a full set of gear from them now.

I've got a full set of Dead Orbit armor and I will start looking at DO weapons to get a good handle on a decent load-out I can use during Faction Wars.  At least I have something to do with my blue gumdrop items other than shred them for weapon parts aka infuse my DO gear up to snuff...

As far as I can tell, all of that stuff is merely cosmetic and doesn't really contribute weight to the Faction War points system. 

It'd be nice if you at least got a slight bonus to the faction tokens you get if you complete a public event or a strike or get a win in the Crucible while wearing the armor and using weapons associated with your Faction.

The only thing I can really verify is that I need to beat a Nightfall in full faction armor during Faction War week in order to unlock the ornament for the helmet.

I also finished collecting all the verses for Vance and was pleasantly surprised at the reward you get for completing it..

I just got a new tablet from Vance.  Good to see that the juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to Vance's fetchit.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just played the "new" Vex Crucible map

I use quotes because I am not sure if it truly is new or just was a PS4 exclusive that everyone now has

Which map is that?  On Wednesday aka Let's Kick JT's Ass In PvP Day, I played on some map named Vortex or something on Io that didn't look familiar.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Which map is that?  On Wednesday aka Let's Kick JT's Ass In PvP Day, I played on some map named Vortex or something on Io that didn't look familiar.

It was Burnout

Apparently it was the Crimson Days map but since I didn't do any Crimson Days crucible - I never played it