DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will definitely be on - especially if you want to do some Crimson Days bullshit (assuming they don't FUBAR everything with the server maintenance today)

I am really close to actually smashing living people in the face right now.  Since that is illegal and / or could cost me my job, I'm all in for embarrassing myself in Crimson Days bullshit. 

Hey, all we have to win is one match for the clan engram, right? 

[sarcasm] How bad could it be? [/sarcasm]

MAX LIGHT!

After being stuck on 334 on all 3 characters for over a month my main finally hit 335. Louis dropped me a pair of 335 boots for my crucible clan engram. I'll not hear a bad word said about that glitchy bird, hes awesome.

Speaking of crucible, it's the return of my favourite game mode, Crimson Doubles. It's the only 2 man game mode they do. It seems this year's event is a grenade fest with them recharging insanely fast if you are in close proximity to your team mate. We knocked out the quest which also stacks with A Call to Arms. I scored the exotic sparrow which looks pretty awesome and flowery. It seems they've learnt from their mistakes from The Dawning. Crimson Engrams drop from any activity when levelling up along with the normal Bright Engrams and the rewards don't repeat until you've got everything so it's possible to get all of the Crimson Days items with enough grinding and not spending any money.

• Like 1

The LLs for my Hunter's armor range around 313 to 325ish, but the game refuses to drop any Powerful Engrams that can upgrade my go-to guns.  I am sad. 

I sharded the 10000000 Rare and Legendary pulse rifles and grenade launchers with crap perks that I got yesterday and used the weaponsmith parts and / or shards to buff my Took Offense armor and I will have some currency to invest in a Fated Engram and one or two Three Of Coins this Friday when Xur shows up.. 

Silver Lining: After scouring the map to kill five Servitors and complete the EDZ Challenge, I turned my 3000000000 tokens in to Devrim Kay and he rewarded me with a Hawthorne's Field-Forged Shotgun that I can level up.  Now that I have acquired one of the two Power Weapon I want for my dream PvP load-out (Quickfang Redux still evades me),  I can start on buffing them and getting them to Masterwork status.

At least the engrams that are dropping for me are Base 311, so I can get Nameless Midnight, Uriel's Gift, and the Field-Forged Shotty infused up to 311 if the right weapon classes decrypt.  I could also stand to get my Sunshot and Hard Light up to snuff.

And as of last night, I've had five Aeon Swift exotic arm armor drops.  FIVE~!!  FUCK~!!  WHERE IS MY FOETRACER HELMET~??

I put in zero work in Crimson Doubles last night.  Spent too much time pounding Heroic Strikes.  Tonight is Valentine's Day night and my boo is making lasagna, so no PvP for me.  I'll be back online on Thursday night to hit the Crucible and I will be down for either Crimson Doubles or Vanilla Crucible to work on the Call To Arms.

Weekend play status is looking doubtful with custody weekend and Black Panther release weekend on the horizon.

It's another good Nightfall week for the Rat King J.T. Same modifiers as last week, this time on The Pyramidion. It's a little tougher than last weeks since there's more you have to kill but we 2 manned it with about 2.20 left on the clock so a full team of 3 should be good for 5 mins remaining. 3 hunters with the invisibility evade and the Orpheus Rigs is a good combination. You can go invisible at pretty much any time thanks to the torrent modifier and the Rigs mean your super recharges pretty much straight away since there's so many enemies to tether. 

23 hours ago, Basara said:

It's another good Nightfall week for the Rat King J.T.

We tried with the designated fireteam I hooked up at Bungie's forums and we beat the Nightfall, but the clock was at 4:58 when we dropped the Genesis Mind.  We were totally crestfallen.

We made good time to the boss fight, but we had a lot of stupid deaths happen to us during the last wave of adds.

My crew is back doing stuff with their own clans since it is Crimson Doubles week, but we'll assess the Nightfall next week and make a run of it if it is Rat King doable.

After that, I played Casual Crucible with my friend, Jacob, and finished up a Control match with 12 Kills, 6 Captures, and a 2.17 efficiency rating, so that made me feel a little better.  I got one Crucible challenge done and my Call To Arms completion percentage is at 22% after one match. That was my best play to date in the new Crucible.

I wanted to finish up the Crucible challenges, but the need to end the day on an upbeat note took over so I called it a night and watched Wonder Woman on HBO Go before heading to bed.

I wasn't supposed to be online last night.  Change of mission for the exercise I was assigned to ran late and my inconsiderate douche of a Battle Captain decided it was best to run the server system maintenance last night rather than come in early this morning and do it. 

I didn't get to spend Valentine's Day evening with my boo and I'm still pretty pissed off about it.

I live in MD and work in VA.   By the time I got home last night, it would've been around 10PM and then I'd have to turn around and leave around 3 in the morning to get here by 7AM. 

When I left work last night, I crashed at the 'rents so that I could help my mom keep an eye on my dad who suffers from Alzheimer's and I ate dinner while talking on the phone with my woman.  Not quite sharing a meal, but close enough and we're going to have a Valentine's Day do-over when I am off next Monday for President's Day.

I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude today for the good of the mission.  I will succeed because I am the boss of me.  When I get to the 'rents tonight, I plan on getting some Challenges done on Mercury and then I will try to get some more Call To Arms stuff done.

If you see me on we can do Crimson Doubles

I did Signal Lost last night so I finally knocked that off my plate - I still have to do Calls to Arms with my Titan and I haven't touched my Warlock yet so I have plenty to work on.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you see me on we can do Crimson Doubles

I did Signal Lost last night so I finally knocked that off my plate - I still have to do Calls to Arms with my Titan and I haven't touched my Warlock yet so I have plenty to work on.

IIRC, you can only earn CTA progress in Causal Crucible. 

I don't think it works in Competitive Crucible or specialized PvP like Crimson Doubles or Trials.

I'm good with doing CDs but I have heard reports of dickish play.  It seems as though the popular thing is to run a duo of Titans, push until you are slightly ahead in kills, and then find a cave or a chokepoint where you can throw up barricades and wait out the match time.

Just be prepared for dishonorable assholes and cowardly acts if we decide to hit CDs.

We may be better off grinding CTA and you bringing your Titan.  At least there is a Powerful Engram in it for us.

I care little about winning or losing in gimmick shit so if it means putting down my control for 5 minutes and waiting out the timer so be it

I only play Causal so that isn't really a big deal. Only time I pop over into Competitive is if the Daily is completing Crucible challenges and the Competitive ones are easier

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I only play Causal so that isn't really a big deal. Only time I pop over into Competitive is if the Daily is completing Crucible challenges and the Competitive ones are easier

Going forward, I think I will play both as the mood strikes me.

I actually like Countdown better than Control, but only if I am running with a battle buddy. 

I can hold my own if I a running solo in Clash, Survival, or Control, but Control is also a lot easier if you're coordinating with at least one teammate.

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I care little about winning or losing in gimmick shit so if it means putting down my control for 5 minutes and waiting out the timer so be it.

I prefer to win.  Failing that, I would at least like to end play with an efficiency rating of no less than 1.00 so that I know that I gave as good as I got.

I didn't see you online, so I pounded Strikes again to earn yet another Challenge Reputation Bundle.

I was quite annoyed that the milestone completion did not go towards credit towards my Took Offense chest ornament.

Jacob logged on just in time for me to tell him that I was tapping our for the night.  It was about 10PM and I had to get in early to deal with this bullshit early and make sure that I can enjoy my Pres Day weekend in peace.

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I didn't see you online, so I pounded Strikes again to earn yet another Challenge Reputation Bundle.

You were on but you appeared to be just idling so I knocked out the Flashpoint on my Warlock.

Had planned on hoping back after walking the dog... instead promptly fell asleep

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You were on but you appeared to be just idling so I knocked out the Flashpoint on my Warlock.

Yeah, my dad had a nasty fall in the hallway, so I abandoned my console and went to help him.  It took a while to get him back on his feet and into bed.

I wanted to call for an ambulance, but he insisted he was fine... which I really didn't believe.

On 16/02/2018 at 5:32 PM, J.T. said:

Yeah, my dad had a nasty fall in the hallway, so I abandoned my console and went to help him.  It took a while to get him back on his feet and into bed.

I wanted to call for an ambulance, but he insisted he was fine... which I really didn't believe.

Hope your dads doing ok J.T.

2 max light characters in one week! After finally hitting it on the Warlock earlier on i finished off the Hunters clan XP and once again, Louis had my back, he dropped me a max light The Took Offence cloak. I did not take offence! Just have the Titan to work on now who's lacking a chest and mark.

For future reference on themed crucible events, someone mentioned above they didn't think they counted towards the crucible milestone. they do stack with A Call to Arms. Both Iron Banner and Crimson Doubles has so far. We knocked out both the CD and ACTA milestones in 5 crimson matches.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, man.  The doctor thinks that he has Levy body Dementia rather than Alzheimer's, which is about a thousand times worse.  We'll deal with things as best we can.  Now I know why God has kept my place of employment close to my folk's house for so long.

Anyway, I got a Fighting Lion from a Fated Engram I bought from Xur when I logged in on Friday and a DARCI from a Legendary Engram that I got on Saturday night and cashed in on Sunday night, so hopefully I will have enough bullshit Exotics in my collection that the next Fated Engram I buy from Xur will turn into the Foetracer that I really want.

I'll be online for the Flashpoint this afternoon, Rippa, so if you want to run the Crucible to get your DVDVR Clan Engram for a PvP win, message me if you see me just messing around in Heroic Strikes or patrolling Mercury boosting my rep with Vance or something.

I have so much shit to do between doing the weekly stuff with my Titan and all the extra stuff to do with my Warlock.

In previous years this wouldn't be an issue but I am trying really really really hard to not play this like 5 hours in a row.

I was happy it only took me 3 matches to finish call to arms on my Titan last night because lord was I not feeling the Crucible. Mainly because I kept being put on teams of guys who were quitting mid match because they had clearly finished their Call to Arms

Oh and I am finally reading the Bungie update

Reminder that Faction Rallies return.

I will run Dead Orbit on my Titan and Future War Cult on my Warlock. That means New Monarchy will win for the third straight time.

They said that their are no reset timers on the Lost Sectors this time. For some reason I feel like that is asking for trouble.

I will speak with Jalaal as soon as I get online.  My skull facepaint Hunter could use a stack of black / white themed shaders besides Monochromatic..

When my Hunter is a little closer to 325, I'll start bringing my Titan up to speed.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In previous years this wouldn't be an issue but I am trying really really really hard to not play this like 5 hours in a row.

Unless I've got a 3oC active, I am not trying to spend more than two or three hours max online playing this game.

• The Flashpoint on Mercury was interesting.  I'm really fucking tired of getting Aeon Swift as my reward for a job well done.  Cayde-7 must have crates full of those damned things.
  • Finally knocked out Infinity Plus One with an old friend from Canada who also broke down recently and bought this dumb game.  We barely beat the timer.  it sucked.  What is my motivation for doing this fucking Mercury Heroic Mission thing more than once?
  • Did the Infinite Forge mission thingie.  I infused the Garden Progeny I into my Nameless Midnight.  Half of the internet says I did the right thing while the other half says, "D'oh!"
  • RNG was kind to me for once.  In the Countdown match where I had 13 kills and a whopping 3.25 efficiency rating, I got a Better Devils hand cannon and I got a Last Call sidearm for the Control match where I had a 18 murders (2.0 efficiency) and 4 captures.  I will masterwork those guns and they will be my official unofficial Gunslinger PvE load-out.  My newly infused Nameless Midnight was fucking beast.
  • The DARPA crew and I lost a heartbreaker of a Survival match to one ace, two decent guys and one complete scrub that they dragged to victory.  I had 23 murders and a 1.98 efficiency rating, but it's all about the killstreaks and getting hot at the right time in that PvP mode.  The 324 Hawthorne shotty I got as my consolation prize made me feel a little better even though we lost.
  • I sharded the 315 Hawthorne MW shotty I had and used the remaining cores I had to MW my new shotty.  The Kairos Bronze shader I got when I turned in the Mercury tokens I earned during the Flashpoint makes my new shotty look SOOO PRETTY~!!!
  • Yeah, killing dudes with my old Hawthorne shotty in the Crucible definitely eases the pain of Banshee-44 not re-gifting Quickfang back to me.  My badass gauge was a perfectly fine Power Weapon and the new one should be more of the same.  I got a Hate PM last night from some guy after I jumped into the air and dumped buckshot into his brain and shut down his Golden Gun for the victory kill in the Control match.
  • I tapped out when I was at 99% for Shaxx's Call To Arms.  My heart wanted to do one more match but my burning eyes said, "You have to go to work in the morning, asshole."  I'll jump into the Crucible sometime this afternoon before the DARPA unit logs on and we embarrass ourselves in the Nightfall.

I had my kids' Rising 8th Grader Info meeting last night so I played long enough to finish Flashpoint on Mercury.

I forced myself to stop playing when I did that instead of then going off to do Lost Sectors on the EDZ. (I will knock some out this morning since I am working from home)

I am always amused at that since they can't hide the Treasure Chests well on Mercury - there are only 3 (there were 4 the last time)

I am not lying when I say I have gotten MK 44 Stand Asides from the last 5 exotics I have gotten

Oh, yeah. I also knocked out the EDZ Lost Sector thing last night for the glory of Dead Orbit.  I kinda hope our faction loses because that scout rifle that Jalaal is pimping really sucks.

I fucking hate it when the Capture The Supplies For The City thing coincides with a Public Event and then you have a thousand PE markers on your HUD when you bring your Ghost up.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Oh, yeah. I also knocked out the EDZ Lost Sector thing for the glory of Dead Orbit.  I kinda hope we lose because that scout rifle that Jalaal is pimping really sucks.

I fucking hate it when the Capture The Supplies For The City thing coincides with a Public Event and then you have a thousand PE markers on your HUD when you bring your Ghost up.

Actually I kinda really enjoy those moments of chaos - especially when the Supplies are basically in the middle of the Public Event.

When I was chasing the servitor in Experimental Treatment - I had to contend with TWO different public events. That was fun

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

When I was chasing the servitor in Experimental Treatment - I had to contend with TWO different public events. That was fun

You can literally see the emotional tug of war take place before your eyes as players struggle with the decision to either stand their ground and defend the supply transmat zones or wander off to deal with the Vex gates.

Jalaal has given me a shit ton of DO guns which I have either sharded or used to infuse my favorite guns and he's also gifted me a decent Sparrow (Pale Horse) that I used for one Strike and then sharded after Tess gifted me Twinfang from a Bright Engram.

He's only given me one piece of faction armor as a reward for turning in tokens.  What the fuck, bro?

My Hunter's LL is around the 320ish range, so I'm going to start working on my Warlock pretty soon.

Or maybe my Titan.

Haven't really decided.

My Warlock was the least traumatic alt to tinker with in D1, so maybe I will get the stress of grinding a Titan into shape out of the way now rather than later.