DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah. I am getting in deep again.  I hate myself.  I hate what my life has become...

• Completed all of the side missions on 7066 Nessus.  Golden Age terraforming and Vex nanotech combined is some serious shit.  Nessus started off as an ice planetoid and now it is big enough to have terra class gravity.
  • I am sad.  Failsafe is my handler / vendor on Nessus which means that she'll remain in the wreckage of the Exodus Black until there is a new game. :(
  • Asher Mir reminds me a bit of my brother.  Not quite an asshole, but definitely not a people person.
  • The demotion is real.  Failsafe calls me Captain.  Asher Mir refers to me as his "assistant.."
  • My current load out consists of the Atalanta-D SMG (Kinetic), the Last Hope sidearm (Energy), and the A Single Clap sniper rifle (Power).  Destiny Reddit says I have a beast PvP arsenal with these guns, so I will keep them and buff them as I have shards to use.
  • I chose the Sunspot exotic hand cannon after Ikora's main story mission on Io was over.  It is my go-to PvE exotic when I am not running with the Raiden Flux as my chestplate.  The Sunspot's explosive rounds really do the trick when Vex Goblins lumber towards me in their bullshit formation or when Taken try to swarm me.
  • Public Events were good to me last night.  I blundered into a Exotic Engram after almost single handedly trying to commandeer the Cabal lander myself on Nessus.  That Engram turned into a Hard Light which went into the vault for one of my other toons. 
  • I got a second EE from a PE after going against better judgment and running off to help some struggling Level 18 Warlock deal with a Taken blight on Io.  That Engram turned into Young Ahamkara's Spine.  Fuck.. yeah... The D2 version looks even more badass than the D1 version.
  • Damn.  Now I have to obsess over armor again.  The Road Complex AA1 leg armor has more of a ninja thing going and it doesn't quite pass visual muster with the aesthetics of the YAS..  I also have yet to score on a single piece of Legendary chest armor from the Faction Engram Rewards I received while working on side missions and participating in PEs. 
  • I got either a helmet with less armor than the one I had on or a cloak (not just any cloak, the same goddamn one I'm wearing right now) when I cashed in on FERs last night and those items got sharded for use in infusions for my other gear.
  • I have two more side missions to complete on Io and then we will see about blowing this fucking Cabal Starkiller to smithereens.
  • Now that I have YAS again, I am also obsessing over what would be the best Legendary HC kinetic primary to roll with when I run Gunslinger (Yes, I am one of THOSE....).  I want one that works just as well for PvP as it does for PvE.  I am told by the stats nerds on the D2 Reddits that I should be checking out either Better Devils or The Old Fashioned.
  • Suraya giving Cayde-7, Zavala, and Ikora the "some of us ain't immortal, assholes, but we still fight anyway" speech was fucking awesome.  I am 100% down with this Get One Back For The Traveler deal.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I chose the Sunspot exotic hand cannon after Ikora's main story mission on Io was over.  It is my go-to PvE exotic when I am not running with the Raiden Flux as my chestplate.  The Sunspot's explosive rounds really do the trick when Vex Goblins lumber towards me in their bullshit formation or when Taken try to swarm me.

I think it was my first exotic. I have rarely ever unequipped it outside of testing out other exotics for a few minutes before I decide I want my explosive rounds back. Its great for murdering thrall and Cabal dog swarms.

We managed to 2 man yet another Nightfall this week. And without Hunter cheesing it too! To be fair, it was a fairly good combination of modifiers, killing enemies extends the timer and recharges your health and super. So basically: Kill Everything. Still, i wont miss the timer when they finally get rid of it in a few weeks.

Still no max light character. RNG has finally started to turn on me at the end. My Warlock needs boots, my Hunter a cape and the Titan a chest and mark but on the plus side at 334 on all characters everything drops at max light now so it's only a matter of time and i'm getting a bunch of infusion fodder.

I didn't get much time to play this weekend.  My boo needed some nursing.  She nearly fractured her elbow on Christmas Eve and now she might need surgery to repair some tendon damage to her right bicep.. :(

• After about a year, I finally heard the sound of Mis's voice over party chat.  Good times.
  • I've got two or three side missions left before the final story mission.  My Hunter's light level of 270-ish probably guarantees my success.
  • I got some Exotic arm armor that improves the reload and handling of all Sidearms.  I nearly sharded it, but I remembered that I need to own 15 Exotics in order to unlock an achievement.  I'll do some research to see if this thing is actually useful.
  • I have access to Vanguard Strikes, Challenges, and Patrols now.  Soon the grind to LL 330ish will begin and I will fire up the Titan and Warlock once I feel I start hitting the wall with my main.

In regards to the exotics - since that is one of the few things already in the game as a collection (and you can rebuy exotics once you own them) - I don't think you need to keep them to unlock the achievement

The surprising thing about my OCD is that it doesn't really compel me to horde items unless there is a specific reason to do so.

Since I am paranoid about achievements, I'd probably keep every Exotic I get until the achievement plinks just in case.  I've already run into one bugged achievement in this game already.

Once I'm done with the story, I will knock out some patrols and a couple of Vanguard Strikes and finally, I will brave the Crucible to knock out my last outstanding milestone.. 

Pray for me..

A pair of Dead End Cure boots dropped for me yesterday and the skin looks like it should mesh well with the YAS, so all I need for RNG to do is drop the chestpiece and I should be square.

I only play enough Crucible to get the one Powerful Engram a week and that is it.

Only exception is when Iron Banner is happening

I wanted to get more down on my Warlock this past weekend but between the two WWE shows and my birthday - that didn't happen

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I only play enough Crucible to get the one Powerful Engram a week and that is it.

Only exception is when Iron Banner is happening.

This will probably be my policy until the return and stability of 6v6, which most likely won't happen until the patch next Summer.

It is sad how happy I am about shooting things and yet I feel a pang of self loathing.

• Drake Tanks 4TW.  Where was all of this firepower when The City was being invaded by the Cabal?  Where was this firepower when I needed it for Cerberus Vae II? 
  • Booom!  Goodbye, big ass Colossus commander.  Okay that's gotta be it.... WHAT~?   MORE SIDE ADVENTURES AND STORY MISSIONS~???  Oh, well..
  • Completed all of my Challenges for the EDZ.  Finding the Lost Sector in the Winding Cove was a pain in the ass.  I didn't cheat to find it, but I didn't find it deliberately either.  I kinda fell into the hole leading to the LS by accident after fast travelling from Devrim's hidey hole following a EDZ Token / Dusklight Shard turn-in run.
  • Being the straight man for an Asher Mir / Failsaife comedy routine was kinda fun.  I still wish rapid progression of the Vex Cancer in Asher for his little science experiment that gave the Taken unfettered access to our dimension.  He begged off the responsibility for the Taken annihilation of Earth by claiming that since Earth was still standing, the theory of destruction was scientifically unproven.
  • Ghost in panic mode never gets old.  Colossus.. right there.... big big Colossus... big Cabal Colosssus.
  • I started doing Red Legion, Black Oil but I had to quit to get breakfast and get to an early meeting.  By the time I get to the 'rent's crib, I will have made my choice on whether or not to Sabotage or Destroy the Cabal organogel supplies.  I am thinking Destroy since Asher things that Sabotage is best and his theories haven't exactly been on point.
  • I finally have a decent Legendary chestpiece and am rolling as a Nightstalker for the next few missions.  I am a smidge over 280 Light.  Once I am done with the main story, I will knock out these Vanguard strikes and handle this Flashpoint thingie that Cayde-7 just put up on my Milestone Tracker.
  • Once that is done, I will prepare myself to get pwn3d in the Crucible.
  • I am sad that I gained access to Xur just in time to miss the sale of the Orpheus Rig.  Damn.  He's selling the Graviton Forfeit now.
  • No, RNG gremlins.  I do not need another pair of the Road Complex AA1 boots.  I am good in the footwear department.  I will never get a Better Devils or The Old Fashioned, because those are the Kinetic Primary hand cannons I'd really like to have for running Gunslinger and the RNG gremlins prefer it when I am disappointed..

Shaxx had a random line last night that had my wife and I giggling for like 5 minutes as neither of us had heard it out of him before.

But of course now I can't remember what it was. Stupid old age.

I am going to have to search the internet this morning

I ran as a Gunslinger during one of the main story missions yesterday afternoon and I could've sworn that I was able to stick a Tripmine Grenade on a Cabal Centurion.  I seem to recall that TGs were nerfed in D1 so that they only stuck to walls.

Did they get slightly unnerfed for PvE or can you also stick them on players in PvP?

44 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I dont think so.  

That doesn't really make me angry since I can think of several occasions where I stuck a player with a TG and ended up dying right along with him when the player ran towards me before the blast.

I'm actually better with them in PvP than PvE as I always manage to underthrow TGs when I am on a mission and then I have to wait for them to detonate before moving on with the adventure.

I need to get some map familiarity before I can really start being a plague on the Crucible with my grenade traps.  

I used to get Hate PMs when we played Control because I would toss a mine on the wall closest to a friendly flag and wait for an enemy player to blow himself up when going to capture.  I was also pretty decent at leaving TGs really close to the Heavy Ammo box.

I am behind on checking the Bungie updates

IB starts again today

Also Armor Masterwork start too

And they are working on the new patch right now so that should be up around 3 PM EST

I am probably nowhere close to being ready to compete in the IB.

What is the deal with Masterwork Cores?  I take it they won't start dropping for me until I finish the story proper.

Masterwork Cores allow a weapon to randomly generate orbs of light for you (and your teammates).

It also adds a random perk (Basically a stat bonus to one of the following)

• Blast Radius
  • Handling
  • Impact
  • Magazine
  • Range
  • Reload
  • Stability
  • Velocity

You can reroll that random bonus.

Legendary weapons will drop as Masterworks. If you shred them - you get a core (potentially cores - based on luck and how much you have used the weapon). With 10 cores - you can make whatever Legendary into a Masterwork

Aha.  I got a Masterwork Sidarm yesterday from an Engram and wondered why I was getting Orbs of Light by scoring headshots.

I will probably see you online tonight since the IB is going on.

I have a milestone in my HUD about completing a Flashpoint and the current marker is on Titan. 

I guess I will see whether or not that changes after reset once I start grinding this evening.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I have a milestone in my HUD about completing a Flashpoint and the current marker is on Titan. 

I guess I will see whether or not that changes after reset once I start grinding this evening.

Yeah - Titan was last week. It changes every week.

Unless they did Titan two straight weeks... which would be weird

Tried Crucible and Iron banner for the fist time ever. Yep, I sucked as bad as i thought. My teams failed miserably when I tried Iron banner, but somehow we eeked out two wins in regular Crucible. Honestly. I would probably stop here, but I really want that helmet from Iron Banner for my Hunter.

Jumped on for some Iron Banner last night. I was hoping to get a set of ornaments for my Warlocks IB gear but that grind looks too much for me. It does appear to be season based rather than having to be done in one week so I might get it done over multiple Banners but it's not something I'm going out of my way to do.

Instead I'll work on a full set of armour for the Titan. He's lacking a decent set of gear and just wearing a mishmash of whatever random stuff has dropped for him. I cashed in 3 ranks worth of tokens and scored the chest, shotgun and handcannon so I'm off to a fairly decent start. If I get a helm to drop it will be a lot easier since you have to hit rank 10 to buy the helm, we'll see how RNG is feeling.

Masterworks armour could be interesting. The increased health while in a super would have saved me a bunch of times in PVP and PVE. Roaming supers might not be useless anymore now. They really need to add some masterworks perks to exotics though. At the moment I'd rather rock a MW kinetic and energy weapon due to the orbs from double kills and creating orbs for yourself. That's a better perk to have than most exotics have at the moment.

RIP, Dominus Ghaul.

• Finished up the main story.  The last firefight was a bit sticky, but at least I had plenty of cover.  Killing Ghaul with bug bites was kinda fun, but it sucked that his hover mode precludes most Supers, although I did get a couple of tethers to stick to him during the fight.  I guess Bungie wants you to use your Super to clear out the ash and trash and strictly use normal ordinance on Ghaul.
  • I figured that big bastard would kill his mentor.  That guy talked a lot of shit and the patience of someone like Ghaul only goes so far.
  • Cayde-7 using a chicken as a decoy.  Number One And The Best.  HUNTERS, BITCHES~!!
  • I will probably have no better gaming experience this year than jumping from rooftop to rooftop during counter-insurgency in The City and shooting Cabal douchebags in the head.
  • Whew.  For a minute there I thought that I'd be operating out of The Farm for the rest of my days.  Good to be back at the Tower.
  • Damn.  I didn't get to rescue the Speaker and I didn't really get a chance to look around the Tower to see if he survived. :(  I'm assuming he died.  The room got a bit dusty when his mask was shattered.
  • Followed a random player to the secret room where Ana Bray's journal is.  Cool!
  • Checked my Director and yep... MORE MISSIONS TO DO~! FUCK~!!
  • I have played zero regular Crucible matches, but some of my friends from TACOM dragged me into an IB match on a dare.  My LL at the time was around 280 so I knew i was going to get whooped on. We lost 65 to 60 and I kinda sucked I think, but at least I am starting to work off the ring rust.
  • SMGs are decent close up (I got two or three Double Kills in that IB match with my Atlalanta-D), but range still belongs to Auto Rifles, Scout Rifles, and Pulse Rifles.  I got my face melted by Uriel's Gift more times than I'd like to think about.  I didn't really pay close attention to the match stats because I am an old man and that table isn't exactly friendly to the eyes of the elderly.  I assume my K/D blows goats right now.
  • There were a lot of tunnels in the map we got beat down on.  I tried to use Quickfang and ambush tactics, but that sword doesn't block damage very well.  I may shard that damn thing and use A Single Clap as my Power Weapon until I get a more balanced sword.
  • I will probably knock out these two regular Crucible quick plays when I get home from work and then move on to other stuff.  I have a shit ton of milestones now, including access to the Nightfall and completing two Heroic Strikes for another Powerful Engram reward.
  • I am very pleased with how Monochromatic looks with my arm and leg armor as well as my cloak.  I think I used Vex Chromatic something or other on my chest piece.  The black / white motif compliments my skull face paint.
  • I completed the Flashpoint thing on Nessus and got a Nameless Midnight scout rifle out of my Powerful Engram.  I think I am going to roll with that, Sunshot (Energy Weapon), and A Single Clap (Power) in the Crucible and see what happens. I may benefit from the crutch of using three weapons with Explosive Rounds.
  • While helping out with one of the PEs on Nessus, I started getting Cabal Communications dropping as loot and now there is a quest marker there for the Leviathan Raid that takes up a Power Weapon slot.  I guess I am going after the Emperor after all one of these days.
  • I also completed two Vanguard Strikes and got yet another set of Road Complex AA1 boots.  Those got infused into my Dead End Cure 2.1 boots.
  • Yay, I finally have my fucking Coldheart.  Now to go and see what it can do.
  • I think I am up to eight exotics now.  I only like three of them.
  • My LL is now a little over 300 and I stated the first story mission of the Osiris plot this morning before heading off for work.  I couldn't help but think about Kenny Omega's entrance when Osiris first showed up.
  • Aw.  Why can't I get an awesome girl Ghost like Osiris has to be my trusty sidekick?
  • Speaking of Ghosts, what happened to Zavala, Cayde-7, and Ikora's Ghosts?  I didn't see them floating over their shoulders like they do in D1.  Did they die when the Traveler was shackled? 
  • I didn't realize that I was up until one thirty in the morning working on the Flashpoint.  Good thing I'm all paid up for the office coffee fund..