DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Trust me - you will not be wanting for Legendary Shards unless you are spending them frivolously you will be fine

I went from barely having any in the first game to having nearly 400 currently.

Anyone on XBL have a Driver Clan going? I'd love to embarass some fuckers in the Crucible with ya'll, maybe hit the Nightfall raids once they strip the timer and finally see what shit like Trials of the Nine and the Leviathan raid are all about.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

There is. RIPPA should be able to invite you. Half of the Destiny players here are XBL.

Funnily enough if it wasn't for JT now joining, I think I was the only active one on the XBL side (Though it just seemed that way).

Zac - I think I sent you an invite (you will just have to go to Bungie's site to approve... I THINK)

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Funnily enough if it wasn't for JT now joining, I think I was the only active one on the XBL side (Though it just seemed that way).

Zac - I think I sent you an invite (you will just have to go to Bungie's site to approve... I THINK)

Funny, it feels that way for me on the PS4 side.

Took my first shot at the Leviathan raid this weekend (only 4 months late), and after hopping between a few groups, I managed to get it done.  I thought the difficulty was just about right, but I didn't love how there were no real bosses.  It was fun but felt kind of odd and not very raid-like.  Still, it's kinda neat that they came up with a meta reason why you're able to run the raid over and over again, as opposed to previous raids where you had to suspend your disbelief as you slayed Oryx for the 49th time.

The coolest aspect by far was probably when you had the opportunity to get off the beaten path and poke around the underbelly.  Those in-between sections were really neat, and I wish I'd had a chance to explore them, but when you're in an LFG group that's in LET'S JUST GET THIS DONE mode, there isn't much time for that.

The reward system for the raid really does suck, though.  For all the hours I put in, I got two drops (the sword and energy pulse rifle) and enough TOKENS~ to redeem one package from Benedict (boots).  That just really doens't fill me with excitement to grind it out all over again next week.

-Coldheart is not trash, it's a raid boss killer. Don't be the guy trying to use it in crucible, he dies a lot.  Sweet business though...

-you will have more legendary shards than you can feasibly spend anywhere ever.  I'm at 1100...

-i warned you. It's not as bad as Destiny y1 this far in, but it's rigged to consume your time.

If you find "uriel's gift" or "positive outlook," those are THE guns to use in crucible.  Very meta.  I see an increase in smg usage too.  My go to is a sword and ninja tactics.  

18 hours ago, EVA said:

Took my first shot at the Leviathan raid this weekend (only 4 months late), and after hopping between a few groups, I managed to get it done.  I thought the difficulty was just about right, but I didn't love how there were no real bosses.  It was fun but felt kind of odd and not very raid-like.  Still, it's kinda neat that they came up with a meta reason why you're able to run the raid over and over again, as opposed to previous raids where you had to suspend your disbelief as you slayed Oryx for the 49th time.

The coolest aspect by far was probably when you had the opportunity to get off the beaten path and poke around the underbelly.  Those in-between sections were really neat, and I wish I'd had a chance to explore them, but when you're in an LFG group that's in LET'S JUST GET THIS DONE mode, there isn't much time for that.

The reward system for the raid really does suck, though.  For all the hours I put in, I got two drops (the sword and energy pulse rifle) and enough TOKENS~ to redeem one package from Benedict (boots).  That just really doens't fill me with excitement to grind it out all over again next week.

I hear the sword is pretty nice.  I still need to do the raid on my warlock to unlock the token robot guy.

• I'm sitting at 60% completion for the Nightstalker sub-class unlocking.  I may get this done before I go to bed tonight depending on how I feel.  Had a terrible migraine yesterday and not feeling all that great today.  Could've used another day's debate on the CR, Senators.
  • I did the side missions on Titan during the brief furlough until my migraine caused me to go light sensitive.   I'll do the main story mission on Titan after I grab dinner.
  • Thanks for the head's up on Coldheart.  I won't shard it when I get it.
  • Yeah.  Everyone tells me I'll have plenty of Legendary Shards for fusion use and currency after I level up a bit more.

19 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

If you find "uriel's gift" or "positive outlook," those are THE guns to use in crucible.  Very meta.  I see an increase in smg usage too.  My go to is a sword and ninja tactics.  

• I was a terror in the Crucible with Void Edge in D1.  I got one of those PvP medals for getting a multikill with a sword in the last IB I participated in  I can get with Sword & Ninja Tactics.
  • I will try to farm up one of those go to guns, but was sorta hoping that weapon balance in D2 would preclude that sort of thing.  I miss the early days of D1 when you could win just by being decent and having a good team.

The issue is that unlike 1 - since there are no random perks everyone has found the weapons that give you the best chance to succeed

I was Uriel's Gift until I got my Masterwork Martyr's Make - it works just as well for me plus the occasional random orb is nice.

I too have noticed the uptick in SMG use. I can't run one myself because I suck so I can keep one steady enough to hit the broadside of a barn

And Titan's are not built to Ninja and Sword

I would imagine that SMGs are popular because of the DPS damage to player shields, right? 

That's assuming that you aren't trying to use one with unpredictable recoil.  I kinda hate the SMG I have now in my Energy Weapon slot.  Sometimes it pulls left on the third shot and sometimes it pulls to the right.

17 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Smg does massive damage at close range.  TTK (time to kill) is real fast.  

That's what I figured.  I wonder what the most popular PvP SMG is because the Blue one in my Energy Weapon slot is hard AF to keep on target. 

I would probably find it infuriating to dump an entire SMG clip at another player and not see him die almost immediately because of the spray and pray projectiles missed percentage.

Anyway:

• My Hunter is Level 20 and the Long & Winding Road glitch has hit me.  Found a workaround on YouTube that some vlogger discovered at True Achievements, so let's see if it works when I get home tonight.
  • I have unlocked my third sub-class and unlocked the Cayde's Pathfinder achievement.   I did not realize how much I missed being a Nightstalker and peppering fools with smoke bombs like a fucking ninja.
  • The Rescue of Cayde-7 was fucking great.  My kid just did a report for her AP Physics class on 7066 Nessus, so I was happy that I already knew what a centaur-class planetary body was.  You learn something new every day.
  • Cayde's assassination plan may have been stupid, but his... heart.... sorta... was in the right place.  If you've only got six shots, make 'em count.
  • Doing missions for Failsafe and listening to her bipolar chatter is my new favorite thing in this dumb game.
  • God, I hate the Vex.
  • So now I'm off to Io.  So far, the only place in the inner solar system I've been to in this game is Earth.  Everything else is in the outer system beyond the Asteroid Belt.  I assume this changes when I eventually go to explore Mercury.
  • Holy shit..  These armored turtles plan on turning the Traveler into their own personal Highlander Copper Top so that they can fight forever and never die.
  • And once they're done here, they're going to blow up the sun and wipe out half of the planets in the solar system.
  • The Cabal give zero fucks and so do I.  I am looking forward to turning this star killer into a pile of glowing splinters.
  • God, I hate the Taken much more than I hate the Vex...  I did not miss these fucks during my sabbatical from all things Destiny.
  • This Awoken scientist that Ikora is working with is a real asshole.
  • I'm slowly cobbling together an acceptable collection of weapons and armor.  I love my new Road Complex AA1 gauntlets and helmet, but I can't seem to get an engram to cough up the leg or chest armor so that I can finish the set.  I also have a proper cloak now.
  • My Unspoken Promise sword is also pretty badass.  I use it a lot.  I had an I Have Had Enough Of This Bullshit moment during the first Red War mission on Io and just fucking zerg rushed the Taken boss with my sword after chipping away at him for what seemed like hours.  He went down hard.  I was lucky that I didn't die right along with him..
  • I have so many shaders I don't know what to do with them all.  I need to start previewing shit and shredding the shaders that I don't like.
  • I also have a Legendary jumpship (the Fantail Regent) so good bye shitty arrowhead looking spaceship and I finally own a Sparrow (the Twintail Locust) so no more long walks broken up by the occasional Triple Jump.
  • God, Bungie has micromanaged shit to the point where you can also customize the Star Trek Beam Me Down Scotty thingie when you transmat out of your jumpship onto the surface of a planet?  My Fantail Regent currently has the Ghost Ring transmat effect assigned to it.

Trust me - start shredding shitty shaders now. Being ahead of the game (at least until they let you delete in bulk) will make your life so much easier.

Just remember - like modifications - shaders are (at least for now) one time use. So if you find one you really like - know that you will several of them to constantly update your gear (especially for you since you are nowhere near the light level cap)

So what was the reason that people hated Bright Engrams again? 

I got a new jumpship and a sparrow out of the ones I cashed in, so I have no issues with receiving customization stuff as a reward other than it causes me to spend at least thirty or forty minutes at the Farm figuring out what I want to keep and what I want to discard.

Because people want everything and they want it now.

They don't like that they have to pray to the RNG Gods if they see something they like.

Again - none of it makes any difference in gameplay but everyone is whiny and spoiled

When do I get an Aura?  Do I really want an Aura? 

Having a glowing body halo around me sounds like a bad idea if I am in a PvP match.

I need to knock out two Crucible quick plays to get another milestone under my belt and so that I can chat with Shaxx's frame at the Farm and receive my Weaponsmith awards, but I am slightly intimidated since I am not totally clad in purple gear and I don't want to get smoked by optimized overachievers.

I take it that since I am turning in weapon parts to Arcite 99-40 now that Banshee-44 did not survive the Cabal invasion. :(

As if I needed more reasons to hate them..

God help me, but I am actually looking forward to this Leviathan raid.  Hopefully it entails me saving The Speaker and then putting lots and lots of hate bullets into the Cabal Emperor's skull.

God, it is just now dawning on me that I will have to drag a Warlock and a Titan through this bullshit. 

Most likely I will just get them to the point where I unlock all of their classes for the sub-class based achievements.  I'm not sure if I want to suffer through the agony of micromanaging three characters.  I suck with Warlocks and Titans in PvP anyway.

It isn't AS bad as the first game.

Like it took me no time to get my Warlock to Level 20 and then when you hit 20 you can use all the Exotics and Legendaries you have stored so you can jump like 200 light points in a heartbeat so you are ridiculously overpowered for a lot of the main story stuff.

The only issue is to really unlock everything you have to complete the main story and I just haven't decided to sit down and do that. (Though it shouldn't take me more than a weekend)