DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

My homegirl at Gamestop gave me her employee discount so that I could get this fucking game along with the season pass now that this shit is finally lowered in price. 

This goddamn game better be fun AF.  I'll be loading up Ghostface as soon as I finish Watch Dogs 2 and take a chunk out of Tales From the Borderlands before I hand entire months of my life over to The Crucible.

HA! Sucker

I was gonna say that maybe you should just wait till the 2nd DLC drops but since Bungie hinted they might delay that till at least this Summer... that's a long time

Get your ass to Mars... and Venus... and Earth... and Mercury

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was gonna say that maybe you should just wait till the 2nd DLC drops but since Bungie hinted they might delay that till at least this Summer... that's a long time

Eh, by that time the DVDVR guys and my DARPA peeps will be so far ahead of me that it wouldn't be worth it. 

I also had to pull the trigger on this purchase before I received zero dollars for my ME: Andromeda trade-in.

I need to put some time into Tales From the Borderlands before the war against the Cabal consumes all of my free time.

You can knock out TFTB in a week - quicker depending on how much time a night you devote to it.

I seem to remember that each Episode took me a hour to a hour and a half to complete

Shouldn't take you too long to catch up JT, levelling up goes pretty quickly now. Even solo playing you can net yourself 3 powerful engrams a week, 4 if you're in a clan. And that's just solo playing not including Nightfalls/Trails/Raids.

Scored myself a full set of New Monarchy gear for the Hunter in the faction rally. It's time to give the Hunter and Titan some love since the Warlock has had all the seasonal gear so far. I'm working my way through unlocking the ornaments for the NW Hunter gear now so i can look like a goddamn space lion! We 2 manned the Nightfall again (a requirement for the Helm ornament), not an easy one this week, we did it with 56 seconds left on the clock. I cant wait for the February update when the are ditching that annoying mechanic. The boots ornament is a grind though, 150 super kills and the tether doesn't count so it's gotta be pole dancer or golden gun. Slow goings so far.

All 3 of my characters are just one or 2 pieces of gear away from max light now and as always, that final piece of the puzzle just doesn't want to drop.

I didn't get to play yesterday and I don't think I will get to play tonight which is making me twitch since I feel like I am falling behind on the Faction Rally (which I know I am not - I am just crazy)

Did get on for a little last night.

Pledged New Monarchy just so I could now have stuff from each faction.

I do enjoy how they just said fuck it and made the weapon an auto rifle from each.

Mercury being the Flash Point planet is interesting. It took almost no time to finish the Flashpoint since you only need 3 public events max to complete (It only took me 2 since you are killing so much shit as you wait in between events)

Only three Cayde maps because I guess they figured there are only so many places you can hide them.

I am really getting Khepri's Horn as I have gotten three straight from Cayde.

OH! Thank God Banshee is selling Kinetic Weapon mods this week. Finally allowed me to hit 335 in that slot.

Now it is just my boots and mark that are boning me.

Maybe Zavala and Shaxx won't fuck me over this week.

So, I got a snow day yesterday....

• The role call of my heroic deeds induced the feels.  I now regret not getting serious and getting the Oryx raid done.
  • I thought I would miss crouch being on the left thumbstick, but I don't,  Button config is very fluid.
  • Cayde-7, Zavala and Ikora Rey showed why they are on the Vanguard Council and we are not.
  • Now, THIS is the scary, badass Cabal I signed up to fight during the last game.  Where were they when I decided to tap out?
  • I tried not to laugh at the randoms that chose to stand and fight while Zavala shouted "QUICK, GET BEHIND MY SHIELD~!!" at the top of his lungs, but I failed.
  • Can they make the spiritual journey to the Farm any more dangerous and stressful? 
  • Jesus, the fucking Fallen are swarming through the EDZ like cockroaches.
  • Thank you, random 20ish Guardians for allowing me to leech on your Heroic Public Event action.
  • Okay, this scary fucking comm buoy mission is done and my Light Level is a whopping 45 at Level 6.  Level 20 and Purple Gear won't come soon enough.
  • I assume that the Coldheart really sucks since Bungie gave it away.

Yeah - it is kinda sucks for you that Mercury is the hot spot planet this week.

Like last week it was the EDZ - so it would have been super easy to keep farming public events with people (not that it is ever super super difficult).

The more I think about it - the biggest adjustment for you is gonna be that you have to do A LOT of walking

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it is kinda sucks for you that Mercury is the hot spot planet this week.

Like last week it was the EDZ - so it would have been super easy to keep farming public events with people (not that it is ever super super difficult).

The more I think about it - the biggest adjustment for you is gonna be that you have to do A LOT of walking

Yeah, one mission in and no Sparrow.  I always have my ear to the ground and an eye to the sky as I walk through the really frightening forests.

I miss my cloak.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Don't hope for a sparrow anytime soon - you can't even think of getting one until you hit Level 20 and most people don't get one until they finish the Main story

Walking builds character and I am an explorer anyway.  I just don't want to blunder into any Level 5000000 guys while sniffing around for Gold Chests.

For the most part - there aren't any Red X type guys in while you are just out fucking around.

You only really encounter them during public event type things and even then - you theoretically could defeat them it is just really really fucking hard

Plus there are a lot of "participation trophy" chests so worst case even if you don't kill someone and they get away - you a chest of glimmer

I love how this game is trying to cue me in on the proper time to use of Energy Weapons, meanwhile I am an Arcstrider and am playing a sub-class designed to chew through Fallen element barriers without even breaking a sweat. 

I do not need to break out the Fiame Elemental Spiderbite sidearm at this time, guys.  I got this.

The march to 20 has begun..

• The Cabal ambush in the EDZ mission was fucking great.  Being a Hunter and using guerilla warfare tactics was the best.
  • We really fucked up when we terraformed Titan, but at least the water on this rock is water and not liquid ammonium like in the science books.
  • Oh, God.  It's the fucking Hive.  I knew I should've done the Oryx raid when I had the chance and killed these fuckers dead system wide.
  • Hello, Wizards.  I have a Flame Elemental Sticky Grenade Launcher for those shields of yours.  Say hello to my little friend...
  • I chose the Raiden Flux chest armor as my reward from Sloane since the Arcstrider is the most advanced sub-class I have right now.  The bump to my Arcstrider's power cooldown rates and the extra damage my staff does came in handy in the second side mission on Titan.
  • Hey, I've unlocked Gunslinger!  I missed being able to throw knives so much.
  • Hey, I will probably have Nightstalker unlocked by the end of the week!
  • All of this sandbox stuff that I am doing to get mu sub-classes up to snuff will probably mean that I will be ridiculously overpowered for the next few missions.
  • I can see why people hate the new Shader system.  I'd love to be able to recover the shaders from the gear that I shred so that I can get my shit looking somewhat uniform.
  • Once I am Level 20, have a full stock of purple gear, and have unlocked the abilities of at least two of my subclasses, I will brave the Crucible and see what is what.

Apparently the whole Shader system is getting overhauled by the next DLC

Honestly - the biggest problem with it right now is you can't trash Shaders in bulk so it takes fucking forever to clear out space in your inventory (though it is a cheap way to build glimmer back up)

Not being able to salvage mods is the bigger issue

I see that the bane that is Gear Infusion is still with us.  Not really looking forward to grinding for Legendary Shards to stockpile so that I can buff my Raiden Flux.

Me having OCD and all, of course the first thing I notice is that the power transfer tube thingies on the Raiden Flux chest armor have an orange glow rather than a blue one.  I hate being me, sometimes.

The character management screen and the skill tree systems are huge improvements over the old way.  What you lose in power customization, you gain in class balance and ease of use.

38 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I see that the bane that is Gear Infusion is still with us.  Not really looking forward to grinding for Legendary Shards to stockpile so that I can buff my Raiden Flux.

Trust me - you will not be wanting for Legendary Shards unless you are spending them frivolously you will be fine

• Like 1

This weekend is my boo's aunt's birthday so I probably won't be on until Sunday afternoon.

I went apeshit and turned in a lot of EDZ Tokens to Whathisface The Sniper and now I have an EDZ Engram sitting in his loot queue that I can't access until I am 20th Level. 

Since the Bungie Database Spirits tend to enjoy drinking the tears produced by my sadness, I probably won't get the new sans offensive logo Road Complex AA1 gauntlets from this EDZ Engram since I am in love with the blades on the elbows.