DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I have got some Christmas cash coming to me and plan on buying this dumb game soon.

Is it fixed yet?  Is it finally a good time to jump in and expect to see relatively few bugs?

It never had a lot of technical problems. The "broken" parts where more based on what was and was not available via DLC and players expectation via the end game.

I don't think I have gotten booted from anything since maybe the first day the new DLC came out

And all this reminds me that the new patch comes out today so so much for playing till this afternoon

Yeah there's nothing actively broken about the game. Aside from a Warlock glitch in Mayhem that lets you throw infinite nova bombs but Mayhem as a playlist is only available during The Dawning which finishes next week. What all the complaints are about are the loot boxes and the fact that there are things they introduced in Destiny that are missing from Destiny 2. Most of which i'm sure Bungie will patch back in at various points.

We two manned a Nightfall today. First time we've done one since, i think, week 3 of Destiny 2. The timer makes them a real bitch to do with less than 3 people and even with 3 they're not much fun because of it. It had a decent set of modifiers though, a standard time limit of 22 mins instead of a mechanic based one and faster recharge rates on abilities, we basically just smoke bombed and grenaded our way to the boss room with 13 mins to spare, dropped the boss with a little over 4 mins left. I really wish they'd get rid of the time limit system in the nightfalls.

I also got what might be the rarest thing in the game today. So Dawning rewards are Eververse based, even the free stuff you get from completing tasks rather than buying them. So because of that, any gear that drops is light level 10 to eliminate any 'pay to win' elements. Anyway, i got an exotic engram from the package. I didn't even know you could get exotics from them. But because it was from the Dawning it dropped at 15 light (all exotics get a guaranteed +5 mod). I now have a 15 light D.A.R.C.I, i'm pretty sure that's the lowest possible light on an exotic and i cant think of any other way of getting one other than the ridiculously low drop rate from a Dawning package.

Yeah i already had a DARCI, i don't mean that the gun it's self is rare, just the fact that it's at light level 15. I don't think i'll ever get an exotic at that lower level again, and i don't think it's possible to get one at a lower light level. It's completely pointless but i will keep it just because of it's novelty.

There are Fanatics in the base game too. They spawn in the Vex public event when you are trying to defend plates to make it heroic. I'm pretty sure they are in the Vex strike on Io too.

There is a mission - Looped is I think the name of it (The one where you met back up with Cayde) - that if Ikora is offering it as a Meditation, you can do and get them all done.

That is how I did it when I got that Vex Fanatics one

Fanatics are the dudes without a head that ooze the goo when you kill them

I managed to finish most of it due to the first mission of Curse of Osiris. I think i caught the rest doing a public challenge on Mercury.

Its odd, today's Dawning gift just flat out gave me the stuff instead of a schematic. Why do they keep giving me vehicles and ships? Would be nice to get some of the gear before its gone.

All of my schematics auto complete into rewards now. I think it's something to do with it giving you the same schematic a second time. Once you've completed it it will auto complete if you get it again. I think there's only maybe 5 or so different ones so once you've done them all once you can just log in, pick up your rewards and not have to complete the tasks.

As for the rewards the things I've had from them so far are: shaders, ghosts, sparrows, ships, class items, a sword and the previously mentioned light level 10 exotic engram. But yeah, mostly sparrows, ships and ghosts. Some of them look pretty good but most are just reskins. You don't get silver dust for breaking them down either unlike regular bright engram rewards, they just turn into shards and glimmer. I think completing the actual Dawning quest has a small chance of dropping gear though. I got the warlock helm from somewhere and i didn't buy it from Eververse. It involves playing 5 mayhem crucible games and 5 strikes. These also stack with the normal weekly milestones so you can knock out A Call to Arms and the Heroic Strike milestone at the same time.

• Like 1

I think the non-ship/sparrow stuff I got was 2 swords (The Titan one and the Hunter one) and I got a Titan Mark.

I have only had one auto-complete so far but I also missed like 4 straight days over Christmas so I think I am still playing catchup

Interesting. I've gotten gift schematics for a good for most of the npcs you buy stuff from so maybe that is why I got the auto-complete. I probably only have or two people I haven't gifted. So far the only non-ghost, ship, or vehicle gift I've gotten was a sword. Haven't tried the Crucible stuff yet since I don't really really do PvP normally.

Finally hit Level 20 on my Warlock so I raided my vault and jumped like 100 light in the span of 30 seconds.

Basically at the mercy of getting good Warlock armor now to get to at least 300.

Probably will blow through the main story missions just so I can finally have a 2nd character who can participate in events

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh my God - getting 10 engrams for Rahool is the motherfucking worst

I am really tempted to blow through my legendary shards just to buy them all

i had to do that one two weeks ago, so damn annoying. I swear i suddenly started to get less engrams the second I got that one.

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

So are we just ignoring Kenny omega's entrance gimmick at wk12?

You mean when he came to the ring in full Warlock Trials of Osiris gear when some people thought he was dressed as one of the Goa'uld from Stargate?

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I for one am ignoring it

Kenny is a weeaboo.  Even if he is a Destiny 2 mark, you'll never run into him because odds are he plays on PS4.

IIRC, the Up Up Down Down Destiny Clan and Big Show also roll with PS4.

29 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

So Bungie and Activision didn't work out some kind of deal for Omega to dress as a Destiny guardian?

No more than they would with any other cosplayer, I would imagine.

Does a company that always seems to be in dire need of good PR really want to press the issue?

All I cared about was the increased vault space so I am good

I never want another ship or sparrow again so all these people bitching about Tess still confuse me.

I guess it is just people want everything given to them at once