DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUNISH US WITH THE SHITTY DEAD ORBIT GRENADE LAUNCHER?

Oh I am positive that everyone who did Dead Orbit will go to New Monarchy this time

I am also positive that if I stayed with Future War Cult - they would still finish 3rd

But at least I got another emblem!

Okay, I got this game free with my new videocard.  I beat the tutorial shit and got my superpowers back.  What I wanna know is: Is there any reason to search around for secret shit or is everything going to pop out of badguys?

I got a bag of dicks out of the factions this time. Last months netted me a full set of Warlock Dead Orbit gear. This time around i hit max level for New Monarchy on the Hunter and Future War Cult on the Titan. Multiple pieces of everything except no chest for the Hunter and no Mark for the Titan. As i understand it, this is the last time this set of gear is on offer and there will be a new set for season 2. Crazy that Bungie don't let you keep farming gear, it's not like it's max light so it's useless for infusion, i just wanted a complete set. The only saving grace is i did get a full set of the Playstation exclusive Titan gear from all the engrams.

16 hours ago, assfax said:

Okay, I got this game free with my new videocard.  I beat the tutorial shit and got my superpowers back.  What I wanna know is: Is there any reason to search around for secret shit or is everything going to pop out of badguys?

There are no dead ghosts to collect in Destiny 2 like there was in the original. There are scanable objects hidden around the world but you don't get any gear or rewards from them, it's just story. No hidden quests either. Unless i'm blanking on something everything is achievable just buy playing the game.

Inched my way up to 303. I call it a fake 303 since a few of my items are still under 300 and it is the mod that pushes them over.

I am really disappointed in the things Xur sells week to week. Like this is like the 4th time he has been selling An Insurmountable Skullfort. Stop dicking us Titans over Xur!

The newest Hotfix is live so I assume that also means this has started

Starting on November 17, the first Clarion Call for Destiny 2 will be live all weekend long. This will be an opportunity for you to earn double XP for everything you do with a fellow clan member in your fireteam. If you aren’t in a clan, this would be a perfect time to join one. Your increased gains will run from 10 AM Pacific on November 17 to 10 AM Pacific on November 20. If you are dedicated to playing solo, there will be future Clarion Calls that won’t require you to play with a clan.

The way XP is distributed is being changed (H/T to Mis who saw this first)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2.

Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events. We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community.

Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system.

As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface. Over the course of the next week, we will be watching and reviewing XP game data to ensure that these changes meet our expectations, as well as yours. Any additional updates to this system will be communicated to you via our official channels.

"rigged" is the word Kotaku used in their story

https://kotaku.com/bungie-changes-destiny-2-xp-system-after-players-discov-1820728952

As is usual with Destiny (given recent news my timing seems impeccable for this), I fell out of this due to life and other distractions. I logged in for the first time in a couple of months yesterday thinking I had leveled higher than I was (I was round 215 last night) and I played a strike and did some goofing around in the EDZ to get up to 221 from about an hour of play. 

Would it be possible to get leveled high enough to run the raid this weekend (I'm guessing around 270ish). Also, what is my fast track for doing that kind of stuff. I've not really pulled the Cayde treasure map stuff or the Ikora milestone stuff yet and am still too low to Nightfall.

If you play a lot today and tomorrow it is possible.

Assuming you do all the stuff that gives up the high level stuff (Flashpoint, Daily Challenge, The Treasure Maps, Crucible, etc..). The Treasure maps are actually super simple... just use a guide if you have never done them before. I got 4 of the 5 last night in less than 5 minutes. And you almost always get 2 legendaries or a legendary and an exotic from them.

The problem is they are taking the game down either today or tomorrow (I forget which and I am too lazy to check) for at least 6 hours

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you play a lot today and tomorrow it is possible.

Assuming you do all the stuff that gives up the high level stuff (Flashpoint, Daily Challenge, The Treasure Maps, Crucible, etc..). The Treasure maps are actually super simple... just use a guide if you have never done them before. I got 4 of the 5 last night in less than 5 minutes. And you almost always get 2 legendaries or a legendary and an exotic from them.

The problem is they are taking the game down either today or tomorrow (I forget which and I am too lazy to check) for at least 6 hours

Anything I play would be tonight and tomorrow night after work. Outside of that, I'll probably play a fair amount this weekend.