DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I really wish this game wouldn't give me the same 3 exotics in a row.

Still not gonna complain when I get an exotic out of one of Cayde's chests.

At 299 - might hit 300 if I am lucky with my drops the next few days

I'm a warlock bond away from being 305, having never done the raid, which is crazy.

I did finally do Nightfalls on Monday and Tuesday.  Even with Torrent on, the Pyramidion was a bastard to get through because of those damn laser gates that kill you instantly on NF difficulty.  We lost so much time on those.

The Arms Dealer was significantly easier and actually kinda fun with Torrent on, though we still missed the damn 5 minutes we needed to finish the Rat King quest.

Bless whoever of you earned the Crucible Clan Engram this week - got some great fodder for leveling up my sweet Hallowfire Heart chest piece from that.  Of course - then I got yet another chest piece from my flashpoint, but oh well.  

Really hoping to get a higher level helmet this week - my 271 helmet is keeping me down out of the 280s.  

I am assuming the PS4 guys knocked it out right away yesterday as it was waiting for me when I finally got home from work at like 9 pm last night

I have been doing crucible a decent chunk today trying to get the Call to Arms done

Well, I got the bond I needed to hit 305.  At this point, I think I got one solid raid clear in me, and then I'm basically done until the DLC.

I guess maybe I'll start my other 2 characters, too, just so I can get those trophies.

This is the stuff they say they are working on

• New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
  • Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
  • Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
  • Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
  • Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
  • Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
  • Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
  • New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

What that stuff is.... who knows?

Also - new patch will be out next week which will include fixing the Bureaucratic Walk emote glitch

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, TheVileOne said:

Bring back 6 v 6 matches.  4 v 4 is stupid.  You all know it.

4 x 4 is only stupid because any weak links in your team or any holes in your tactics are far more exposed in small team play.

6 x 6 play is far more forgiving.  Rippa and I have carried Control and Clash teams kicking and screaming to victory many times even when we weren't the best players on the field. 

if the other team in 4 X 4 has better players with more map familiarity and equal to better gear, they are going to kick your ass no matter what.

If Bunige wants more casual participation in the Crucible, they should probably look at bringing back 6 x 6.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

4 x 4 is only stupid because any weak links in your team or any holes in your tactics are far more exposed in small team play.

6 x 6 play is far more forgiving.  Rippa and I have carried Control and Clash teams kicking and screaming to victory many times even when we weren't the best players on the field. 

if the other team in 4 X 4 has better players with more map familiarity and equal to better gear, they are going to kick your ass no matter what.

If Bunige wants more casual participation in the Crucible, they should probably look at bringing back 6 x 6.

It's not about forgiving. Crucible matches just seem shorter and less exciting.  They've been thinned out.

52 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

It's not about forgiving. Crucible matches just seem shorter and less exciting.  They've been thinned out.

I'm afraid your feelings are in the minority.

One of the main complaints about the old school Crucible was that some match types seemed to last forever; especially Control, Rift, and the Trials.

One of the primary intents with the newly designed Crucible was to speed up match times.

My biggest problem with 4v4 is that games are lasting soooo long. I can probably count on one hand how many matches actually reach the score limit before the time limit. Fortunately Bungie announced in the next patch (this week? I forget) that they are adjusting the scores and times in versions crucible game modes to speed things up a bit.

I hated 4v4 in the beta but now the games here I don't mind it. It probably helps that for whatever reasons, I'm a lot better at Destiny 2 crucible than I was at Destiny. Whether that's because there's less people shooting at me or the changes to weapons and abilities, or a combination of both, I don't know.

The biggest complaints I see are about how limited it is right now. Only 2 playlists, no custom games and no end game light enabled modes. Everything Destiny had is gone at the moment in Destiny 2.

As for the Reddit comment The Vile One posted, that seems to be a complaint people have game wide generally and not just about the Crucible. Strikes and patrols and 3 man, crucible is 4 and the raid is 6. There's no consistency. You can't jump from one activity to another without either recruiting more people or splitting up your group.

Also, the Osiris trailer looks awesome. I'm hoping they've learned their lessons from The Dark Below and House of Wolves and this is more extensive than 4 missions, a strike and a raid. I'm not expecting The Taken King or Rise of Iron sized yearly expansions for this but a little more to do wouldn't hurt.

15 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

The subreddit wants 6v6 back!

If 6v6 comes back, most likely it will come in the form of private matches since that has been pimped for one of the updates in early 2018.

I kinda doubt it will be instituted in the regular Crucible as that would probably require a lot of patching.  I haven't played the game, but I imagine that the maps and scoring systems for PvP are all optimized for four player fireteams and it would not be fair to allow players to pad their PvP stats with the end results from private matches.

Personally I agree with you for the same reasons I agree with the sentiment from the subreddit post.  If the end goal of Destiny 2 is player interaction and socialization, then the more the merrier, right?

• Like 1

I think 6v6 was a little more challenging and competitive.  I preferred the longer matches as well.  There's a lot of changes to Crucible now I don't care for.  I don't really like the randomness of the play lists.  I liked being able to pick the type of match style.

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I think 6v6 was a little more challenging and competitive.  I preferred the longer matches as well.  There's a lot of changes to Crucible now I don't care for.  I don't really like the randomness of the play lists.  I liked being able to pick the type of match style.

The best thing about 6v6 was the camaraderie.  DVDVR 360 Mafia & Friends could easily field a six man fireteam during the IB back in the day and we used to wreck shop against uncoordinated fireteams.

Whether it be rage, trash talk, field scouting, the barking out of orders, or "Which is your favorite Arn Anderson finisher?  The Spinebuster or the Gordbuster?", chat was always the best part of competition against other squads.

I was somewhat disappointed to hear that 4v4 would be the norm for D2 Crucible.  I agreed with the reasons in principle, but not in spirit.

• Like 1

Same here - 

With a little bit of planning, I'm sure I can snag the living room tv with the Xbox connected for an hour to be dragged through the nightfall when you guys are online.  

I've been lucky and generally been paired with really nice people for the guided nightfall attempts, but we've also failed every single time (and the whore in me would really love getting that nightfall achievement that you don't get through guided attempts).

Got up to 286 with last weeks round of exotics, and promptly knocked myself down to 284 because I apparently don't understand how the dismantling system works and ended up with a bunch of gear 5 light less than I thought they were going to be.  

We can try the nightfall tomorrow probably, just get ahold of me.

I'll be on for a bit tomorrow morning, not so sure about afternoon, but I should be around tomorrow evening.

Send me a message over Facebook or xboxlive letting me know when you will try to be on, and i will try to be on as well.

If you don't have it already, and I can drag both of you guys through it at the same time you will get an extra clan engram for doing the nightfall.

I was having some weird ass issues last night

Enemies would just vanish and then reappear like 2 seconds later.

Things were taking forever to load. Like I completed a Heroic event and it took like a minute for the chest to load.

Not sure if it was Bungie's servers or my shitty Comcast

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was having some weird ass issues last night

Enemies would just vanish and then reappear like 2 seconds later.

Things were taking forever to load. Like I completed a Heroic event and it took like a minute for the chest to load.

Not sure if it was Bungie's servers or my shitty Comcast

We got disconnected from the Crucible 3 games in a row. And it was taking a while to find teams. 

I can be 305 on my Titan now once I've equipped some mods and i'm just missing a 305 cloak on the Hunter. I might actually hit max light on all 3 characters before the expansion with RNGs blessing.