DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

So for everyone who played the first game more than I did - are these extended Monday downtimes a regular weekly thing every time they run even the smallest update?

Because I'm getting really sick of the the servers being down every time I have a day to try to bang out the main story.  

I honestly don't remember

Later on in the games life no... but maybe at the start

I do feel like they are trying to stay ahead of the errors this time so that is probably part of the reason

As per usual - they are claiming it will be over at 12 PM your time

I mean ... on the bright side, my living room is absurdly clean as I anger vacuum every week waiting for Bungie to tweet that everything is up and running again.  

I probably wouldn't be so mad if I hadn't specifically stayed up way too late to watch No Mercy so I would have the morning free with nothing I wanted to watch - but clearly I'm an idiot on all fronts with that.  Just glad I didn't jump on those last minute $40 tickets and run my ass over to the Staples Center.  

Be thankful. On the PS4, it wasn't just that Destiny would experience downtime, but PSN was constantly under attack from hackers. PSN got hacked and was taken down within a week of Destiny's release. Then it was attacked multiple times after that. One of those times was when PSN was down for almost a month.

So if Destiny 2 is only down once a week for a short time on Mondays, then you're getting off lucky.

At least it's not on reset day this time.

I don't remember a huge amount of maintenance in the original Destiny, but then i didn't start playing until a couple of months after release so i may have missed it. I do seem to remember quite a lot of patches and updates when The Taken King came out though.

They seem to be doing it at a different time today though. Traditionally the UK gets screwed every time a patch comes out because it's always down in the evening. Usually from around 6pm to 10pm

This was the exact same time as last Monday, as I waited around for that too.  At least that one finished at a decent time, this one just got pushed to 2pm my time,  essentially killing any chance of finishing the story or getting close to enough legendary shards to go Xur shopping.

I knew this game would infuriate me again, but I didn't expect it to be because of stuff like this.  

16 hours ago, jstout said:

Why are they doing server maintenance in the middle of the day Eastern? GTA's maintenance was always at 3-4 in the morning.

From what I understand of the schedule, Bungie assumes that most of the player base will be either at work or at school, so that's why they perform their server maintenance during the day.

They also don't want European or Asian players to get a huge jump on North American players when it comes to Raids and the Nightfall Strikes.   Bungie's gameplay is far more event based than GTA Online.

• Thanks 1

Plus - since they are based on the West Coast, they are running the updates for first thing in the morning their time.

I think their issue is that they always say it will only be 3 hours and then it always ends up being longer

But again - I think I have only gotten booted from 2 like twice. I have found it far more stable than 1. So I think whatever they are doing this time is working.

I have definitely hit the soft cap as I have been stuck at 263 for a couple of days now

Its not that I am not getting the drops to improve - I am just really unlucky with the type of things I am getting.

Like I have gotten like 5 Legendary Gauntlets. Even just one chest piece would be nice

Yeah, that Future War Cult pulse rifle is really nice. IGN already put up a video for quickly grinding out faction tokens. At least it worked fast yesterday. Go to the EDZ and start at the landing point near the NPC dude on that planet. Head west by going through that winding road and go to the Lost Sector there. There's 4 of those transformers to blow up in that Lost Sector. Clear out the Lost Sector, fast travel back to the access point, travel back to the start of the Lost Sector, do it all again. Along the way you'll run into one or two public events.

To finish things off, I have no idea how it happened, but on my 4th and last run through the Lost Sector, blowing up the last transformer gave me 16 tokens. 

50 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, that Future War Cult pulse rifle is really nice. IGN already put up a video for quickly grinding out faction tokens. At least it worked fast yesterday. Go to the EDZ and start at the landing point near the NPC dude on that planet. Head west by going through that winding road and go to the Lost Sector there. There's 4 of those transformers to blow up in that Lost Sector. Clear out the Lost Sector, fast travel back to the access point, travel back to the start of the Lost Sector, do it all again. Along the way you'll run into one or two public events.

To finish things off, I have no idea how it happened, but on my 4th and last run through the Lost Sector, blowing up the last transformer gave me 16 tokens. 

The daily challenge was the EDZ yesterday. 15 tokens to complete it and you'r reward is 15 more tokens. Hence why the last pops up as 16.

A note to preempt any disappointment from putting in hours of grinding. You can only level a faction 30 times for rewards, after that they only drop shaders.

Also, it's all about Dead Orbit! Like me a good scout rifle.

• Like 1

Today for FWC you had to do 3 strikes. Did all 3 strikes and nearly cleared out all of the challenges in about 30 minutes. This was the first time I did any strikes. It was fun. Much better than Destiny 1. Got some decent gear out of it too, but all of it were weapons. I need better armor.

I think my light total is now something like 258.

Thanks to completing the Flashpoint and the Clan Reward Challenge - I shot up to 269

For the 2nd straight week - Cayde gave me Exotic Boots. These are the ones that improve Submachine Gun usage. He also gave me a 271 submachine gun. So I wasn't complaining.

Got an exotic engram from a public which turned into Hard Light. The familiar stuff from Destiny is oh so nice

I don't know if it is in the game or not but if I get an Icebreaker - my pantaloons are going out the window

Put a bit of time into the Titan alt tonight. Didn't get much in the way of decent gear, i got another set of the squid looking arms, but the power levels progressed me. I also signed him up to FWC so i can double up on drops over the weekend with Dead Orbit.

My Warlock is sitting on 299 and my Titan is 295. Might be time to break the Hunter out of retirement...

23 hours ago, EVA said:

FWC has always had the best weapon sets. 

the off the rack year 2 Hung Jury>everything else*

max stability omolon scout rifle with triple tap and firefly.

gtfoh

I get it though, fwc had some decent pulse rifles, and wormwood (for which there was no substitute).

*except maybe ghorn

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

the off the rack year 2 Hung Jury>everything else*

max stability omolon scout rifle with triple tap and firefly.

gtfoh

I get it though, fwc had some decent pulse rifles, and wormwood (for which there was no substitute).

*except maybe ghorn

That Hung Jury was great!

It was also the only good DO weapon that whole year.

With the FWC, you pretty much always have a lot of options to chose from.  The TTK Omolon HC was godly when it wasn't crashing the game for being TOO AWESOME.

And FWC is KILLNG the weapon game right now with a Uriel's Gift archetype auto, a 7-6-5 archetype scout, and a Better Devils archetype HC.  I like The Number better than UG (better stability).

I'm trying to get my Origin Story (best gun in the game IMO) to be above 290 -- what auto rifle is going to be around so that I can break it down?

I got my Warlock at 290 today and picked up Rat King (all that work for THAT???) and Mida Multi-Tool Scout Rifle as an exotic scout rifle.