DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

This game sometimes

So my exotic from Zavala turned into boots which are kinda shitty but I gotta wear them for now because they are 10 points better than anything else I have.

I then immediately get my clan legendary engram... and they are boots too.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just accepted the two pending clan requests

I am hoping that we can hit Level 2 before the reset

Thanks for the add, that was probably me and my mate. We play in UK and try getting on a few times per week to run through stuff...if you see us on drop me msg.

Just an FYI - you need to beat the main game before the reset or you are gonna have some things spoiled for you because the event that starts Tuesday requires you to have beaten the story.

Anyway

Spoiler

FACTIONS ARE BACK BITCHES!!!!

Now that you’ve defeated Ghaul, we are ready for a special event called Faction Rallies. Starting on September 26 at 2 AM Pacific, you will be able to volunteer your services in support of your favorite faction, or the one that holds the loot you most desire. 

We spoke with Senior Designer Tim Williams to find out what Faction Rallies is and how players can join in on the fun.

Tim Williams: Each of the factions of the Tower is having a rally to collect resources for its cause. They’re recruiting Guardians to gather supplies for their faction and destroy enemy resources. They’ll offer a suite of rewards to help the Guardians rise up against any enemy threats. As an incentive, each faction has set aside a powerful weapon to entice players to choose their side. The faction whose Guardians collect the most faction packages will be declared the winner. The winning faction will offer the weapon to everyone, but all who pledged loyalty will receive it with a huge discount as repayment for their contributions to their faction’s cause.

Arach Jalaal from Dead Orbit, Lakshmi-2 from Future War Cult, and Executor Hideo of New Monarchy will return to the Tower to ask you to pledge your loyalty. Before you can make this choice, you must first reach Level 20 and gain access to the Tower. You will only be able to pledge to one faction per character.

Once you have chosen your side, your mission will be to return to the wild and complete activities in support of your faction. You can do public events, explore Lost Sectors, complete strikes, clear the raid, or compete in the Crucible. As you complete these activities, you will be rewarded with faction tokens that you can turn in for packages full of loot.

In addition to all of the gear on display above, each faction will be offering a special weapon as a reward to be sold if they emerge victorious. Everyone who pledged to the winning faction will be able to purchase it for 1,000 glimmer. Anyone who did not pledge can still get it, but will have to pay a higher price of 50,000 glimmer.

You can earn faction Tokens to turn into your faction of choice all the way up until 2 AM Pacific on October 3. We will declare a winner later that day at 10 AM Pacific. Good luck Guardians, and may the best faction win!

Full pictures detailing the gear

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46308

I am already paralyzed in that I don't know what to pick

So Xur's weapon this week is apparently the rocket launcher that you absolutely need, the Wardcliff Coil and the Titan armor builds up energy with every melee kill and explodes once you're hit with a melee.

I need so many shards.  

For folks still trying to figure out how to make things heroic

And then the 2 additional public events he found

Mis had thankfully told me about the glyphs during the witches one. Thank God. (especially because this video gets it a touch wrong)

On 9/21/2017 at 10:17 AM, RIPPA said:

Just accepted the two pending clan requests

I am hoping that we can hit Level 2 before the reset

Some kid I met online who wouldn't stop talking tried to join the clan. I sorta told him it wouldn't be a good idea. You may have accepted his request.

Gah, why can't I encounter trophy hunters on this game?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - seriously

I think I have gotten 4 exotics in the game so far

2 were ACD/0 Feedback Fence - and now Xur is fucking selling them too

I swear...

That's actually pretty funny, because I booted up my app and the one exotic I already had was the ACD/0 Feedback Fence - but I got it back at like level 13 so I definitely won't mind the upgrade.  

I also have zero clue how to make events heroic, but I'm pretty sure literally everyone else in the game does.  I can't remember the last time my public event didn't end up being heroic, aside from ones I get stuck with by myself.  

38 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

Some kid I met online who wouldn't stop talking tried to join the clan. I sorta told him it wouldn't be a good idea. You may have accepted his request.

Gah, why can't I encounter trophy hunters on this game?

Was it sniper something or other???

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

In the story, I completed the Fury quest and now it sounds like

Reveal hidden contents

I'm guessing I'm close to the end of the game?

The next mission is a blast

You have 5 missions left but the last 3 link together so you basically do them in one sitting. (At least I am did them all in a row)

I mean you might be able to break them up but I am 99% sure you can't go off and do other things in the meantime.

40 minutes ago, CSC said:

I also have zero clue how to make events heroic, but I'm pretty sure literally everyone else in the game does.  I can't remember the last time my public event didn't end up being heroic, aside from ones I get stuck with by myself.  

I would think by now you would know how to make the walker on Titan heroic. Heck that is the one I think everyone knows how to do. I mean it is a bitch trying to solo since everyone is focused on you. 

I only discovered the plates on the Vex yesterday

Put in a few hours today. My first play session where I didn't raise my light level at all. Been stuck on 267. If I get one more Dauntless, I may just have to sell the game. I think I'm on #6 now?

The Pyramidion strike is great fun. It's gotta be clear to everyone I get paired with that I'm running the strikes for the first time, though. Everyone immediately pops onto thir sparrow and take off while I'm trying to figure out which direction to go. But hey, I made it through all the laser grids without going down and had to do a few revives, so that was alright. 

Did my first strike - one of the two people I was paired with clearly had run it a bunch of times before since he kept charging ahead so I am only aware of like half the stuff that was happening in the strike.

I did hit 260 so I unlocked the raid.

No way I am fucking going near the raid any time soon

Beat the story. That was surprisingly good. Some of the story beats and events at the end that work in other players who are at that same point in the game to make it feel like these are other civilians fighting against Ghaul were really good.

Now, how the fuck do I get gear above 230? Everything I get is between 230 and no higher than 238.

Getting passed my first Nightfall Strike was brutal.  It would not have happened without doing that exploit on the anomalies toward the end.  Apparently the nightfall had an exploit where an anomaly would constantly re-appear after shooting it, and we were able to use that to max the time limit on the clock.

I got to be honest, I hate the time limit for the Nightfall.  Nightfalls were already hard enough without that.

Did some massive power levelling on my Titan alt today. We knocked out the first 2 story missions on Friday, then every other mission today. Even rushing through it, it takes hours to beat. I cant complain about the length this time. Pro tip: Use the item manager to transfer a Sparrow over to another character and you can use it even before hitting level 20 and unlocking it. We ran through it so fast we had to stop between planets and complete other tasks because we werent killing enough to stay up with the minimum level requirements.

Eventually finished the story at level 18 and around 190. It seems once you speak to everyone after the game you automatically jump to level 20. From there, i transferred all my Warlock's best guns to the Titan to give him a massive boost in light and started cashing in the various planetary tokens hoping for some armour drops. By the time i'd done that and completed the Flashpoint my Titan was sitting on a power of 285. What took my Warlock nearly 3 weeks i did in about 9 hours on the Titan.

I only planned to have 1 character in Destiny 2 to reduce the play time. But i'm weak. The Hunter is next....